Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2011
whitetear said:
@pure: Nice find! But is there a larger version of the second picture, the same size as the original?

no, unfortunately x3 when I found it on tumblr its size was like this one here.
I liked the pic so much! it well done perfectly as a sequel to the pervious one, I even thought that it was an original one once I saw it!
pureromanceSep 17, 2011 1:53 PM
Sep 17, 2011 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
This anime makes no sense whatsoever the only thing that made it watchable is Mezumi and Shion enough said!
Sep 17, 2011 7:41 PM
Jun 2010
The only anime worse than this is Jigoku Shoujo....this anime is so bad, that when Safu started singing i skipped to when the song stopped...just to see a giant cristal bee...LOLOL i guess people who like this should just stop watching television altogether...

I guess even shitty shows like Big Brother and Master Chef and the likes (which i really hate) deserve more praise than this...

Like someone said, I saw the final of Usagi Drop before No.6...Jesus...I would like more 100 episodes of Usagi Drop and I wished I could erase No.6 from my memories...

HATED IT...

Got the point? :D
Sep 17, 2011 8:32 PM

Oct 2008
pureromance said:

v
v

=D

<33333333

Although I dropped this 3 episodes in due to boredom and the BL vibes, I was curious how this show would end. So I looked it up on RC and it was rather comforting to see that I was right all along. They basically invented things out of nowhere on the last episode and it went the full bromance route...

2 males faceplanting, especially one as spineless as the dude in the white hair = undesirable

At least Noitima was saved by Usagi Drop, which was a heartwarming and enjoyable series.
Sep 17, 2011 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
Wow. Interesting to see all the hate.
But seriously, as much as I loved this series, the last episode just confused the hell out of me. The whole Mother computer and Elyurias thing didn't make any sense to me and the sci-fi/superntatural aspect was pretty much overdone with the whole giant wasp and resurrection crap. Then there was Shion losing it...like wtf? And the end! It could've at least made it clear as to why Nezumi and Shion were going their seperate ways.
It probably would've been a LOT better if it wasn't all squeezed into 11 episodes, even though I did like how fast paced everything was.
Sep 17, 2011 9:10 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I like the ending(considering that I don't know the novel) and I was really hoping for some miracle that Shion would live again as I was thinking "THIS IS AN ANIME, WHERE'S THE MIRACLE?!!!" then came Safu then the scenes of everything ending and me thinking, I might as well be fine if they just die together suddenly rejoiced! lol

As everyone else says, it is a bit rushed and there are characters that you just can't tell why has to make an appearance when it's just about to end. Makes you feel like maybe a season 2 should explain them, what happens next, who are the rest of this "higher ups", how would the people from in and out of the wall interact with one another after such a long time of difference. There's just a big mess left after another that has been solved in a rush BUT YES I am still giving it a 10/10 since Shion and Nezumi lived, giving me this lil hint that there is still a future to look forward to in no.6.

I started with anime and since everyone says it's different from the novel then I wont bother with the novel thinking how the difference might only disappoint me like a lot felt from both reading and watching no. 6. >__<

Sep 17, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
Woooww.... the amount of hate stunned me...

Woow. Just wow.

Coz I don't hate it, I just don't. Maybe I'm getting insensitive or maybe I'm already eaten by the 'cherish the moment' spirit that I can easily forgive the huge flaws and holes they failed to mend in this anime just to enjoy the sheer emotion and drama. With ambiguity and sprinkles of deus-ex-machina, this anime hits the chord of being captivating yet pretty light in my library. And as I'm the kind of fool who likes happiness in life, I somehow saw the resurrection of Shion coming, and thinks that it's pretty valid. Man, can't you guys just give some chance to hooopeee?

We've been so much of a good critic and observer, haven't we? In my course of watching this anime I've been trying to shut down the details apparent merely to the eyes of the observer and focused on imagining how this would play realistically. In result: personal satisfaction lol.

Shouldn't do this too often, though. Dulls my brain, really.

But anyways I'm eagerly seeking out the novels. Shion Nezumi duet captured my interest quite nicely and I'd be glad to hear more about them for some more moments in the future.

It's been a touching journey, no.6. The potential of you escalating into a legendary stuff was there, yet it wasn't fulfilled. Ah, well, it's ok.
Sep 17, 2011 10:24 PM

Feb 2009
NO.6 had something that totally got me in the beginning, but in the middle, the anime totally lost it and then just got more terrible until the final. I mean, it is a good anime, afterall, I give 7 for it, because for 7 episodes I was madly to know what would happen, but then with those episodes with no explanations about everything (I know, the mystery is good, but we were at episode 10 and nothing was properly clear) and those "rushed answers" in this episode (come on guys, everybody knew that 20 minutes was really a short time to make it good), they just wasted a good story.

About episode 11, I don't even need to say that I didn't liked it. I never liked Nezumi singing or songs in NO.6, so that part about SAFU singing didn't touch me or anything. Everything happened so fast that the characters reactions didn't affected me too, like when Sion revives and Nezumi is just like "good, he is back, oh, look, a butterfly over there, hehe". Sorry, but it was like this for me.

So, overall, NO.6 has a good story, but not a good development. I guess the only thing I give a 10 (and lot of other fangirls would give too) is to Nezumi and Sion relationship, beucase they were really cute together, haha, but that's it, a 7 is more then enough for the entire anime.
7/10

(sorry if my english sucks, it isn't my native language)
loeyJan 13, 2012 8:43 PM
Sep 18, 2011 12:56 AM

Sep 2010
What the shit.
Sep 18, 2011 12:57 AM
Jun 2008
cheap development, ...I laugh till my stomach pain.
This is my face expression in the end (゚Д゚)

the only epic moment is that when they insert the ed song in the end, thou I have no idea what so epic about it..

Safu+Shion = Sufficient...
Sep 18, 2011 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
Show turned out to be garbage. And it leaves me bitter as hell to the point i may need to re-evaluate my stance on watching almost anything sci-fi/action. I wouldn't recommend this show to anybody. Such a shame cuz it had so much potential based on the setting and plot from the get go alone. I really don't know why this anime past my 5 episode trial, maybe it was because it was a 11 episode show and i thought it could be saved. Boy was i wrong. 5/10
DreddSep 18, 2011 2:39 AM
Sep 18, 2011 3:35 AM

May 2009
My throat had a lump all the way through till Safu showed up and turned into that colourful bug. O.o

How seductively Nezumi held Shion's chin to kiss him that goodbye. :))))))

Ah!
Fine, I could understand the psychologies, why Elyurias wanted to go, why Nezumi parted ways. It fit them. Good.
But the that ending... It would've worked well as a tragedy. It just became a happy happy happy thing. The lump in my throat vanished and my mind went flat.
Ah well, I was happy to see Karan happy with hope. But that's all.. It would've been interesting had Nezumi died with Shion and the dog sent that baby to Karan. :)

Well, it was just another tale.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 18, 2011 6:00 AM

Dec 2009
Great show with a horrible ending. Why did Nezumi leave Shion ? What the F is with the baby ? and I expected Rikiga to run but nod Inugashi ...
Sep 18, 2011 7:30 AM

Dec 2009
awful ending. :c
Sion dies from one bullet but Nezumi gets shot 3x? ._.
Oh well, the other episodes were good.
7/10
Sep 18, 2011 8:13 AM

Apr 2011
@fiane: Good for you seeing Shion's resurrection coming. I've been saying over and over that if people paid attention to the meaning of the song, and especially the fact that Elyurias tells Nezumi it's a "song of survival," they would have known somebody was going to be healed/revived at the end, assuming Elyurias was a good deity.

I agree w/ everyone this ep was way too rushed. In fact I'd call it the worst rush-job I've seen in a long time. A lot of what happened in ep 11 should have been very emotional and impactful but it all flashed by way too fast to build up the excitement or for us to process. We go from Shion's freak out to Nezumi getting shot again to surgery to Shion getting killed within what? 5 minutes? >_<;

@MoonGlass: Shion was shot through the chest. Nezumi was shot somewhere less vital.

Karasuchan said:
Great show with a horrible ending. Why did Nezumi leave Shion ? What the F is with the baby ? and I expected Rikiga to run but nod Inugashi ...
I can kind of understand why Nezumi leaves, but I don't like it (I think he's being a coward). The baby was a huge WTF moment for me as well. It was like "What? Why can't it stay with Inukashi?" (And yes, I know what happens in the novel. I went to check on the differences a day or two later.) Inukashi is the one who fears death, remember? I was actually amazed she stayed as long as she did. You could really tell that Shion at the least, if not also Nezumi, was very important to her.
Sep 18, 2011 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
whitetear said:
@fiane: Good for you seeing Shion's resurrection coming. I've been saying over and over that if people paid attention to the meaning of the song, and especially the fact that Elyurias tells Nezumi it's a "song of survival," they would have known somebody was going to be healed/revived at the end, assuming Elyurias was a good deity.

Survival =/= revival. Sion died, didn't he? This episode would've had more impact if he stayed dead and if Nezumi would've died by his side. But no, Safu just had to pop up and sing her song of survival revival.
Sep 18, 2011 10:46 AM
Sep 18, 2011 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
STM said:
Survival =/= revival. Sion died, didn't he? This episode would've had more impact if he stayed dead and if Nezumi would've died by his side. But no, Safu just had to pop up and sing her song of survival revival.
Survival doesn't have to equal revival for the song to apply. Revival is one possible way to survive in a fictional story. If people paid attention to the song lyrics, they would have realised that there was a good possibility of this happening. Nezumi is the wind; Shion's heart and soul were stolen; the song both calls Shion's heart and soul back to rest "here," as well as hinting something should be destroyed. Now that I'm reading the novel online, I'm even noticing references to the song before the song has even been introduced. They couldn't put those references in the anime but I was still able to guess what the song might be capable of without having read anything yet.
Sep 18, 2011 1:18 PM
Jul 2011
1. I just got a massive Evangelion flashback and I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

2. I think that the show just needed to be longer; this may have been a ten if it had more leg room.

3. Right now I'm just thinking "What was the point?" because I really can't think of a single overarching theme in the series, and everything that happened in the last episode was properly foreshadowed.

(BTW the episode itself, although rushed, was competently made, although that just wasn't enough to achieve greatness and overcome the faults of the plot).

P.S. Maybe it will be just like Evangelion: the ending comes out of left field, leaves you confused and unsatisfied at first, but then after much deliberation, everything fits and Evangelion goes into your top 5.

P.P.S. The difference was that when I finished Evangelion, despite feeling confused and usatisfied, I still could recognize that I was a witness to something great; this didn't happen with No. 6.
Sep 18, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2011
whitetear said:

STM said:
Survival doesn't have to equal revival for the song to apply. Revival is one possible way to survive in a fictional story. If people paid attention to the song lyrics, they would have realised that there was a good possibility of this happening. Nezumi is the wind; Shion's heart and soul were stolen; the song both calls Shion's heart and soul back to rest "here," as well as hinting something should be destroyed. Now that I'm reading the novel online, I'm even noticing references to the song before the song has even been introduced. They couldn't put those references in the anime but I was still able to guess what the song might be capable of without having read anything yet.

thanks whitetear for mentioning "pay attention" to the song lyrics
I sense that while I was watching no.6 Trailer (which it's fan-made)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK1oO_iq5d0
Sep 18, 2011 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
At first I raged. Then I cried while raging. And now the ending made me d'aww and rage at the same time.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.
Sep 18, 2011 8:06 PM

Oct 2010
Oh I actually wasn't thinking that the anime would make that far of symbolism of Elyurias' song. Speaking practically, Shion died and resurrected so fast that when he was shot like that I completely dismissed the probability that he will die for good. It's like that 'lol we were lead this far lol he'll open his eyes again fo sho' BSOD moment. Nezumi putting his cloak over Shion's face even failed to convince me that he's surely dying. Then, bam, there was Safu, a song, Elyurias and voila he's alive and kickin once more.... yeah.

Uh well now when I'm trying to explain it doesn't quite make sense... Can I call it a gut feeling that I know he's gonna survive? I didn't know the ending of the novel itself beforehand, so truthfully I don't know where did his resurrection coming from, but I don't think Shion's death marks any point anyway in the first place... so that's why...
Sep 18, 2011 11:40 PM

Apr 2011
@pureromance: no prob. :)

@fiane: Oh that's what I figured. If you had that gut feeling, you were probably picking up on various cues subconsciously, even if it was just a pattern you'd seen happening before.

@anyone interested in how the song ties in:
First of all, the song title is "Kaze no Requiem," or "Wind Requiem." So we know wind is important, and a "requiem" is for remembering the dead.

It's possible the song has different meanings in the book and anime but I'm not far enough into the novels to know yet. I think I've got the one for the anime down, though.

If you look back at older episodes, wind keeps coming up again and again. In the first episode, there's filler of Sion fantasising about turning into flower petals and floating away on the wind under the rain clouds (while Safu makes her presentation). Later on, when Sion starts working for Inukashi and they have that bonding conversation, Inukashi is talking about how Nezumi's singing helps dying dogs pass on peacefully, and the way she describes it is that his singing "carries the soul away like petals scattering on the wind" or something like that. This tells me it's deliberate in the anime for sure. I think the way the wind blew before Nezumi heard Elyurias' song the first time is another clue. When he passes out, the petals fall from his hair. (I'm betting the petals are all anime-only.)

In the novel, I noticed that just before Safu is going to be captured, she thinks about how this "Nezumi" person seems to have captured/stolen Sion's soul (matches first lines of Elyurias' song). Then she tries saying "Nezumi" aloud, and a wind blows.
whitetearSep 18, 2011 11:47 PM
Sep 19, 2011 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
It would have more impact if Shion was dead but it won't make a miracle out of the song which was repeated throughout the series. Nezumi leaving or parting from Shion was a sad scene but oh well, that left an impact and it was understandable. The kiss was at least reward to shounen-ai fans and what not. Drama should be one of the genre.
Sep 19, 2011 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
I literally just joined this website, just to comment on this thread.

For starters, I did like this episode. While it was not a perfect ending, it somewhat satisfied the tone of the series, and overall, i thought it was quite fitting. the kiss of course was a good moment although the immediate moment afterwards bugged my just because surely it was physically impossible for Nezumi to leg it out of there in a split second?

whaaa?

yeah, stuff like that bugs me. sorry :P

anywho, i have several problems. First of all, if safu/elyurias was blown up in the explodey thingy, why did she suddenly turn up and start singing? dunno if its just me, but i dont recall this ever being explained. what was she, a ghost? confused.

secondly, it was pretty obvious that shion was gonna live (i mean...he is the main character. lame reason i know but i just had an inkling that they wouldnt kill him off...) but why did him dying and then getting resurrected make all the wasps disappear? if anyone knows this, i'd appreciate an explanation, cause by this point i was starting to worry that i had missed something.

um the last problem i have is the annoying amount of heroic BSODs we got in the last couple of episodes. they felt very jarring just stuck in there; anytime nezumi/shion was freaking out i started rolling my eyes. it just seemed a bit ridiculous for nezumi to start crying about shion shooting that guy...i mean...it was kinda necessary.

one thing i did love, though, was the moment when inukashi shouted at nezumi for wanting to stay with shion. the tears were a nice touch and i just thought it was a really...nice moment, for want of a better word. :)
Sep 19, 2011 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
teakitten said:
I literally just joined this website, just to comment on this thread.
Welcome. :)
For starters, I did like this episode. While it was not a perfect ending, it somewhat satisfied the tone of the series, and overall, i thought it was quite fitting. the kiss of course was a good moment although the immediate moment afterwards bugged my just because surely it was physically impossible for Nezumi to leg it out of there in a split second?
whaaa?
I have more complaints about it than that (as you may have seen above) but for now I'll just say I'm glad someone else was weirded out by how fast Nez got out of there. I forgot to even mention it here. lol...
anywho, i have several problems. First of all, if safu/elyurias was blown up in the explodey thingy, why did she suddenly turn up and start singing? dunno if its just me, but i dont recall this ever being explained. what was she, a ghost? confused.
Based on what I've seen in the anime, since ep 8 it was pretty clear Safu's body was going to be possessed by Elyurias (you know, the goddess Nezumi's people worshipped, that made him and Safu faint and hear her song), thanks to the human experiments done by No. 6. Later on in ep 11, Elyurias explains she let them experiment on their citizens in order to trick them into freeing her. In ep 9, Safu's body is taken over and "Safurias," as I like to call her, busts out and presumably kills everyone in the lab (offscreen). Then she starts waiting for Nezumi, who she called out to in that dream, and to whom she taught the "song of survival." She also grants Safu's last wish by leading Sion there throughout ep 10 (Safu's voice in his head). According to Nezumi, Safu was already dead before the two of them got there (Sion wouldn't accept it at first). Personally, I prefer to see it as Elyurias said-- She and Safu are one and the same being.

Elyurias had Nezumi blowing up "Mother" (the computer) both to destroy No. 6 (his plan anyway) and maybe to free her completely? Not sure about the second part of that.
secondly, it was pretty obvious that shion was gonna live (i mean...he is the main character. lame reason i know but i just had an inkling that they wouldnt kill him off...) but why did him dying and then getting resurrected make all the wasps disappear? if anyone knows this, i'd appreciate an explanation, cause by this point i was starting to worry that i had missed something.
Shion dying and being resurrected had nothing to do with the bees at all. The bees left because they belonged to Elyurias, and I assume they went with her when she left. She's like a queen bee goddess.
um the last problem i have is the annoying amount of heroic BSODs we got in the last couple of episodes. they felt very jarring just stuck in there; anytime nezumi/shion was freaking out i started rolling my eyes. it just seemed a bit ridiculous for nezumi to start crying about shion shooting that guy...i mean...it was kinda necessary.
What's BSOD? Blue screen of death? Nezumi was perfectly in character crying at that point. It was not necessary to shoot the captain a second time. Shion the yandere went over the edge seeing Nezumi hurt and nearly killed, and killed a man that was begging for his life, in cold blood. It had nothing to do with survival; it was plain revenge. Nezumi had already said he wanted Shion to remain Shion. Normal Shion would never have done something like that, no matter how awful the person was. And Nezumi feels it's his fault that Shion innocence was tainted like that. I saw that scene completely from Nezumi's perspective, personally, so it was very tragic to me.
one thing i did love, though, was the moment when inukashi shouted at nezumi for wanting to stay with shion. the tears were a nice touch and i just thought it was a really...nice moment, for want of a better word. :)
I agree, that was nice to see. Also interesting was that early in that episode, she did a Nezumi impression (it was subtle, and you probably needed to understand the Japanese to realise it). It was just one more sign that she liked and cared about the guy, despite all appearances.
whitetearSep 19, 2011 3:11 PM
Sep 19, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
Coming at this from a purely anime perspective, having not read the original text, I wasn't disappointed with the ending. It was by no means perfect, it could have been a little smoother and filled in a few more gaps but I don't think that necessarily condemns it either. With a little bit of patience, it’s not too difficult to piece it together.

As far as I'm aware, the large multi coloured wasp was Elyurias, who is some type of Nature based higher power consisting of light. From the dialogues, it's implied that Elyurias rather dislikes No.6 and so she created the parasite bees to seek vengeance on its populace hence why she dissolved them into light upon the destruction of Mother, having no further need of them or vengeance. I think that it’s safe to assume that Elyurias took the form of an insect to represent the fact that she's the 'Queen Bee'. Safu reappearing also makes sense in this case. If Elyurias is a god, then it isn't likely to be killed by an explosive even if Safu was. Therefore, Elyurias recreated Safu's form temporarily to sing for Sion, in the same way that she created the bees originally, because of the feelings that she inherited from Safu for Sion when she was alive.

I quite like Safu as a character really, her initial character development was really effective, but I wasn’t effected in the least this episode by either her declaration of love or her being blown to a billion pieces. Perhaps I expect too much after seeing Key repeatedly execute this sort of thing perfectly. That element of the episode was a let-down.

My problem with this anime as a whole has nothing to do with the storyline. While I rated it overall 8/10 for the plot, it would have had 9/10 if it wasn’t for the incessant BL. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be romantic or if the author simply didn’t understand how to depict two brother-like male friends, but whatever the reason it made me very uncomfortable. This episode was thoroughly ruined in the last few minutes by Nezumi, just as the series was ruined by BL. If that’s your sort of thing then that’s great, but I feel a little cheated having not been forewarned. I think there needs to be a new genre tag here tbh.
Sep 19, 2011 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
This ending was ok, but the last five minutes were so flat. :/ And why do Nazumi go far? I can't comprehend this.
7/10. A great beginning, but a so-rushed end where left many questions and plot holes. :/

See ya!
PS: This ending reminds me to Entangled ending...(song, a death, suddenly a golden shining and a revival :P)
LunaMay 21, 2012 5:20 AM
Sep 19, 2011 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
The ending would've been better if they left Shion dead.
Hell, they could've thrown an "everyone dies" ending (Bones did it before)
Sep 19, 2011 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
GrufleSmurkle said:
This was very weird and awkward. Overly dramatic screaming and explosions ending with Sion dying BUT BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY A SPARKLING RAINBOW WASP. And what's up with the baby anyways? Has it suddenly become an important part of the show? Why did Nezumi leave, I didn't get a good explanation as to why he couldn't just keep living with Sion.

I really think it would have been a much better ending if Sion died.

Yes, he kisses him and then walks away into the sunset. That's what everyone does to their buddies.
Sep 19, 2011 6:58 PM

Sep 2010
helur said:
GrufleSmurkle said:
This was very weird and awkward. Overly dramatic screaming and explosions ending with Sion dying BUT BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY A SPARKLING RAINBOW WASP. And what's up with the baby anyways? Has it suddenly become an important part of the show? Why did Nezumi leave, I didn't get a good explanation as to why he couldn't just keep living with Sion.

I really think it would have been a much better ending if Sion died.

Yes, he kisses him and then walks away into the sunset. That's what everyone does to their buddies.

bromance at its finest
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 19, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
Despite all the bullshit in this episode and the GIANT deus ex machina, No.6 was still a much better show than Fractale and C. Would have been a 7 for the whole show, but the ending...

A 6 for No.6 seems perfect.
Sep 19, 2011 7:50 PM
Jun 2011
Ending sucked...I wish Sion died there with Nezumi beside him...That would've caused the water works for me. But I did enjoy this anime. But after episode 6 and so on, it wasn't as interesting as the first few episodes were...
Sep 20, 2011 7:17 AM

Aug 2009
whitetear said:
STM said:

Okay, that's nice and all, but it doesn't make the anime any better. The last few episodes were horribly executed and it would've been loads better if they died.
Sep 20, 2011 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
I'm not defending the anime. The last episode in particular was a travesty. I'm just saying that you can't call Shion's revival a deus ex machina if signs were put in place in advance that it was possible that might happen. And I know that when I get this far in the novels, events will be properly paced, ordered, and make more sense. (That's how it's been for the first two volumes, anyway.) I don't like seeing people blame the original author for an anime team messing up her work (by talking about the writing without specifying it's the adaptation you mean) is all. But technically, even the anime put enough signs in there for people to notice it, if they took the song's imagery seriously. (And Safu's poem is a huge hint about her fate, too.)
Sep 20, 2011 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
Thanks whitetear for the detailed reply xD i gotta say i felt like an idiot after writing that, i didnt know what i was on, of course shions revival didnt have anything to do with the wasps. i was just being a nutter xD

well anyway, im kinda surprised at the amount of people crying for either shion/nezumi's death! (or both)! am i the only was who was rooting for the characters and, you know, kinda hoping they didnt die? :P
Sep 20, 2011 1:54 PM
Jul 2011
(=3=)ノ okay guys this is all i have to say:

http://cjloveslink.tumblr.com/post/10388476276/striplation

serious thoughts? pfffft whatevs. (ಠ∇ಠ)
jjoymSep 20, 2011 2:36 PM
Sep 20, 2011 8:47 PM

Apr 2011
^ ^ ^ Now that just says it all... "Magical Transportation Kissing" FTW! xD
Sep 20, 2011 9:54 PM

May 2011
This was the Only episode I liked. Everything up until now was either uninteresting or average. I continued it merely for completion. It wasn't until now that I didn't want it to end.

And it's not b/c I liked it. No, I haven't laughed that hard at an episode in so long.

It was so bad and at some parts weird or random that I was laughing throughout. Most of the end stuff made no sense to me whatsoever, and everything before was dumb or completely random. It was hillarious to watch from a cynical commentator's POV. So, very well done.

I wish all the other 10 episodes had been made like this...

A few side-comments:

1) Actually, Inukashi, tears Can bring back the dead, apparently. Either that, or singing does, and Nezumi was just doing it wrong...

2) I love how he said at the end "Let's go, Hamlet," like it's the most normal thing in the world, like that rat is so important.

3) The second I saw the sunset, I knew they'd kiss. It's cinematic law.

4) I knew he wouldn't really die, Sion, that is. I was skeptical when they made the burial comment, but I knew deep down it would work out, and he'd live. It's anime law.

5) So...Elyurias and all the bees just turn into rainbows and glitter, and the problem's all gone? Just like that? No environmental issues to work out? No other resulting diseases? No food chain screw-up? And is that bee-glitter stuff dangerous to people's health? No? Ok... Peachy...

6) Wtf was up with Soldier #1? Trigger-happy, much? Seriously, every time Nezumi or Sion got shot, I swear it was the same friggin guy. He just popped up outta nowhere every time.

7) I didn't know babies had return addresses. ...Cool.

I might now go read translations of the novel, but only if it's gonna be This funny. ^_^
Sep 20, 2011 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good, despite the homo. Am I the only one who liked Safu?

Edit: Aww sheeyut, post #1000!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 21, 2011 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
This was incredible, made full sense and surprised me in every way. I was not expecting any of what happened and it made me cry like a little bitch. Best show released after 2000.

Sep 22, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
@jjoym that was beautiful...thats exactly how it went....i didnt even know anything or remember anything about elyurias

the last episode was dumb...it went to fast...nothing made sense....like the correctional facility blew up that was ok but then the walls surrounding no.6 all blowup nice and neatly as well....also when nezumi got shot lmao....where the fuck did he get shot LOL....cuz sion had a face like whoa...and i was assuming that nezumi got shot near the nuts or the nuts...lol sions expression was funny as hell

i also laughed when they randomly showed that guy that wanted karan to join them...and he was in his car dead as hell with a zombie face...that was just randomly placed and funny....yeah this anime started off really good....but then went really bad really fast...oh and it also went gay
Sep 22, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
teakitten said:
well anyway, im kinda surprised at the amount of people crying for either shion/nezumi's death! (or both)! am i the only was who was rooting for the characters and, you know, kinda hoping they didnt die? :P

Uhm, no. I usually like my shows happy and rainbow-colored.

Now that I've understood the novels I feel extremely refreshed lol.
And jjoym... I'm honored to be able to see that.
fianeSep 22, 2011 7:50 PM
Sep 23, 2011 3:46 AM
Feb 2010
This series has a lot of negative feedback... But I'm glad that there are some people like me who really think the show was amazing. I think the last episode was really great. I think that everything fell into place, more or less.
So Safu was like, the reincarnation of Elyurias or something? She wasn't actually that bad in the end, I thought. Especially since she revived Shion and healed both their wounds.
I think the whole thing with No.6 and the bees was creepy(although I liked it in a weird way), but I think it ended alright-ish.. at least Karan and Lili didn't die 0_0

As for Nezumi and Shion in this episode, I really loved everything that happened between them. Honestly you guys, I think their relationship is really deep. They really care about each other and would willingly sacrifice for each other's sake, and it was so sad when Nezumi cried after Shion's death.

Then, at the end, just as you seriously thought he was gonna walk away and part with Shion he came back to give him one last kiss. If it had just been the kiss in episode 7, then you might have been able to think that they weren't really in love or anything. But then Nezumi came back and kissed Shion.

Anyways, I adored this anime and I really want to read both the novel and the manga, too- as well as re-watching this with my friends! <3
Sep 23, 2011 7:49 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, that last episode blew chunks.
I really enjoyed the series, but this episode has really lowered my rating of this show.
They really should have made this out of 12 episodes and put the ending into the both of them, at least that way it maybe wouldn't have been so rushed. Even so, I'm not really that satisfied with the ending. I probably would have been happier if Shion did actually stay dead.

Of course I found episodes 1-10 absolutely interesting and thought provoking. Episode 11 was neither of those things.
Sep 23, 2011 8:35 AM
Aug 2010
OMG! , The final episode was so so silly -_-" .. really I don't like it ..
Sep 23, 2011 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
ShiiKatsu said:
This series has a lot of negative feedback... But I'm glad that there are some people like me who really think the show was amazing. I think the last episode was really great. I think that everything fell into place, more or less.
So Safu was like, the reincarnation of Elyurias or something? She wasn't actually that bad in the end, I thought. Especially since she revived Shion and healed both their wounds.
I think the whole thing with No.6 and the bees was creepy(although I liked it in a weird way), but I think it ended alright-ish.. at least Karan and Lili didn't die 0_0

As for Nezumi and Shion in this episode, I really loved everything that happened between them. Honestly you guys, I think their relationship is really deep. They really care about each other and would willingly sacrifice for each other's sake, and it was so sad when Nezumi cried after Shion's death.

Then, at the end, just as you seriously thought he was gonna walk away and part with Shion he came back to give him one last kiss. If it had just been the kiss in episode 7, then you might have been able to think that they weren't really in love or anything. But then Nezumi came back and kissed Shion.

Anyways, I adored this anime and I really want to read both the novel and the manga, too- as well as re-watching this with my friends! <3

ShiiKatsu, I've have the same opnion literally =D
no.6 was really an interesting series, it wasn't something that you can tell what will happen next!
what impressed the most in the whole series was Nezumi and Shoin relationship and that marvelous EQUAL QUANTITY of love/caring that they have for each other, I read/watch a lot of Yaoi and shonen-ai manga/anime and I swear that I haven't seen like it before, not that I'm saying it's the best or not but it's just.. unique ~

and jjoym@ thanks for sharing that damn funny thing with us xDDD
pureromanceSep 23, 2011 11:25 AM
Sep 23, 2011 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
This was a weird end, I wonder if I can read the novel somewhere.
(Is there somewhere I can find it. please PM me)
Also it would have been better if it was split in two.

Fangirl mind : The kiss should have been longer.
Mochi_chanSep 23, 2011 10:39 AM
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Sep 23, 2011 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
@ShiiKatsu & pureromance: Everything that *happened* in the ending was perfectly clear to me. It even shows the moment when Safurias overhears Nezumi talking about Shion's dream of having the walls come down so that you know why it happens later. What bothered me is how rushed it was and how much they left out. So many loose ends and piles of content explaining what happened with the other people (Karan, Inukashi, etc.) got unceremoniously dumped, along with the passion in that kiss and the whole conversation that goes with it. I look forward to finding out whether Shion actually stomped on the computer chip in the novel as well...

@VampyrHeart & anyone else who wants to read the novels: I'm going to stop reposting the link here and suggest you all go to the No. 6 NOVEL THREAD (same section as this thread is in), where you can find links and discuss it further.
Sep 23, 2011 7:31 PM

Aug 2011
whitetear said:
@ShiiKatsu & pureromance: Everything that *happened* in the ending was perfectly clear to me. It even shows the moment when Safurias overhears Nezumi talking about Shion's dream of having the walls come down so that you know why it happens later. What bothered me is how rushed it was and how much they left out. So many loose ends and piles of content explaining what happened with the other people (Karan, Inukashi, etc.) got unceremoniously dumped, along with the passion in that kiss and the whole conversation that goes with it. I look forward to finding out whether Shion actually stomped on the computer chip in the novel as well...

about "Safurias overhears" thing.. didn't cross my mind! but thanks for telling us! and it seems an interesting point when you think about it like in case what would happen if Shion wished for more... *whisper* >>> like things have to do with Nezumi xDDD

as a last episode seems that they put the extreme main events only so showoing up something like other people (Karan, Inukashi, etc.)was out of time (as that comic says xD) although I think the they can fix some of the end problem by making a short extra (they can even re-illustration Nezumi's kiss since it wasn't outstanding at the first place, so they can make it as something Shion remember it, haha even Shion's kiss was more explicit xD)
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2011

174 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

241 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.