Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
KittySunshineFMA said:
Did anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance to Rika Furude? I was expecting a 'Nipah!' after almost every sentence =[
Oh wow, You're right! Good find! =)

Jan 21, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
I just came out of a dream. (dang. i need to read more mangas.)

p.s: its seems like a mistake for Merry Seiyu. not only her voice is similar but her act is also quite similar to ayana taketatsu.
Jan 21, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2010
katsu044 said:
KittySunshineFMA said:
Did anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance to Rika Furude? I was expecting a 'Nipah!' after almost every sentence =[
gah!! i was just about to say the same thing!,but i see it even more when she loses her hat :D

:D Same here! but since she lost her hat in the daydream her hair was a slightly different color and didnt make for a good comparative photo lol.
Jan 21, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2010
Ohh i want donuts to now... sooo hungry :)
Jan 21, 2011 6:24 PM

Aug 2010
The battle scene was about as lame as it gets. Just a lot of herping and derping.
Jan 21, 2011 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
Yea, the "battle" scene was kind of lame. I do like the new girl though, plus the music's awesome XD
Hmm, so the transfer student is actually a Dream Demon? :O Interesting ...
Next episode looks pretty cool too ... I hope it'll keep up :P
Jan 21, 2011 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
KittySunshineFMA said:
Oh wow, You're right! Good find! =)
I knew she looked familiar I also got vibes from a particular girl of Guilty Gear X.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 22, 2011 1:13 AM

Sep 2010
Why did I have to find this series before all the episodes came out? Now I have to wait another whole week.

I'm beginning to wonder who Yumeji is. (I also can't help but notice that his name contains the word Yume which is the Japanese word for dream). He can't be an ordinary person if he has these powers.

Ichima's voice acting seemed... bad, to say the least.[/quote said:

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. I actually thought it was good.

mod edit : removed double post
NayahJan 22, 2011 4:59 PM
Jan 22, 2011 2:59 AM

May 2009
I still think the first episode is the strongest so far thanks to Chaser John Doe and the darker atmosphere, but I haven't lost interest. Yet. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a monster-of-the-week sort of show.
Veronin said:
Dat fang.

Yup, the very same fang that OreImo's Kirino has. Which is why it's all the more creepy that the voice actors are different, in spite of having the exact same voice!
Jan 22, 2011 7:30 AM

Jun 2010
Unlike episode 1 & 2, I liked this episode.
Jan 22, 2011 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Lame fight :/

But still not a bad episode
yuno6.jpg
Jan 22, 2011 12:55 PM

Nov 2010
good episode and its starting to show some bad guys at last and how Merry loves doughnuts is so cute, with here imagination seeing those clouds. Also i never knew kick the can was that extreme to make you gasp for air.
Jan 22, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I knew she looked familiar I also got vibes from a particular girl of Guilty Gear X.
I noticed as well. Thanks for including the pictures and stuff because I was too lazy and decided to forget it.

Athena said:
Yup, the very same fang that OreImo's Kirino has. Which is why it's all the more creepy that the voice actors are different, in spite of having the exact same voice!
Yeah, that first episode was great. I want Chaser John Doe to come back. Since he's in the OP, he probably will.

"That fang" is kind of becoming a tsundere trademark (or was it already and I'm only just noticing?) Fang from IS also has the tooth. Lol@the name. But comparing our lovely Merry with someone like Kirino is just not right. D:
desolatoJan 23, 2011 4:51 AM
Jan 22, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
This series isn't really doing much for me, but I'll see how it goes.
Jan 22, 2011 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
This one was really good. So is it that Merry wants to go back into the dream world, while others want to get out?
Jan 22, 2011 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
electrochika said:
This one was really good. So is it that Merry wants to go back into the dream world, while others want to get out?
Yep. "Dream Demons" like Merry, Serio, and Chaser John Doe want to enter reality (because they're curious, I guess). And to enter reality they have to either co-exist with a human vessel or take over the vessel forcefully. I'm not sure if by taking over the vessel the human soul is destroyed or not, though. Anyways, our lovely little Merry somehow came to Reality in her "Dream Demon" form, without a human vessel. Now all she wants to do is go back to the Dream World.
Jan 22, 2011 8:26 PM

Oct 2010
Iilia said:
electrochika said:
And to enter reality they have to either co-exist with a human vessel or take over the vessel forcefully. I'm not sure if by taking over the vessel the human soul is destroyed or not, though.
That's what freaks me out, it would be rather terrible that the soul is lost, maybe it's only taking over the body. Can there be a dream demon exorcist that may appear in this series? That would be interesting to see.

Jan 22, 2011 10:21 PM

Nov 2009
Wow that angel at the end @_@
Jan 22, 2011 10:23 PM

Jul 2010
@Yumekichi11

I wondered the same thing. And also, is the relationship between the Dream Demon and the human vessel an eternal one? Are they stuck coinciding together forever, or can they choose to go their separate ways later?

Serio's case also comes to mind where, even though she was already co-existing with a human vessel, when Yumi reached down to touch that strange scissors she somehow entered a Daydream which brought another Dream Demon into play... did that Dream Demon kill Serio? She didn't disappear like the previous Dream Demons; she shattered.

I hope they can answer all these questions in the short amount of episodes this show has, but I'd much rather have a second season, because I love this anime so much.
Jan 23, 2011 12:16 AM

Mar 2010
I actually love this anime! The whole ''Alice in Wonderland''-esque feeling makes me wonder about whether I should be watching this, or ''Inception''. We're getting to see some good development all around. We even introduced a new character. Some pretty light comedy in there, as well. This all made for a great episode, and the preview was no exception! Looking forward to the next!
Jan 23, 2011 1:06 AM

Sep 2007
Iilia said:
@Yumekichi11

I wondered the same thing. And also, is the relationship between the Dream Demon and the human vessel an eternal one? Are they stuck coinciding together forever, or can they choose to go their separate ways later?

Serio's case also comes to mind where, even though she was already co-existing with a human vessel, when Yumi reached down to touch that strange scissors she somehow entered a Daydream which brought another Dream Demon into play... did that Dream Demon kill Serio? She didn't disappear like the previous Dream Demons; she shattered.

I hope they can answer all these questions in the short amount of episodes this show has, but I'd much rather have a second season, because I love this anime so much.

So far the dream demons shown that want to fully escape to reality are the "evil" ones. They attempt to force their way into the human vessel.

My theory is that in Serio's case with the girl, they achieve a mutual co-existing bond. They both share dreams but Serio is unable to materialize or control the human. Then the next stage would be complete bodily control. The human's soul is thrown into the backseat while the dream demon takes complete control of said human's body. This is apparent in Serio's human girl. Then the last stage would be complete materialization through the human body. If demon is strong enough, they may be possible to materialize their original form out of the human's body or the human's body completely mutates. The human's soul in this case, would most likely be devoured by the demon.

As for dream demons moving through hosts, I think it's possible for them to come and go as they please. They probably just stick around because there is some form of "attachment" between dream demon and human, but it does not restrict them from moving to another human. But this will then allow dream demons to fight one another over humans. Exactly what happened to Serio. A much stronger demon lured the girl into their territory and promptly devoured Serio and took over the human.

But this is all just simple speculation and rambling. Although seeing as how a lot of anime go, this can be a very likely possibility.
Jan 23, 2011 6:08 AM

Jun 2008
Thalandor46 said:
I hope it turns into more than a "dream demon of the week" type of show though.

Yeah that's something the show must avoid, especially for a 12 episode series.
The good thing is that this show keeps going with the lpot instead of school life and thing like that. in general a good episode and the next episode could be crucial on which way the show goes.
Jan 23, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
Monad said:
Thalandor46 said:
I hope it turns into more than a "dream demon of the week" type of show though.

Yeah that's something the show must avoid, especially for a 12 episode series.
The good thing is that this show keeps going with the lpot instead of school life and thing like that. in general a good episode and the next episode could be crucial on which way the show goes.

Next ep. will finish the first volume of manga and the real "plot" will stat from volume 2 onward. Actually, the angel doesn't appear until volume 2. They change story order a bit.

Yumi, Serio and transfer student are anime original characters. Yumi and Serio are a nice addition to the story as they helped audiences understand the world in Yumekui Merry better ,but I don't know what J.C. staff plan to do with transfer student role.We have to wait and see. There is a high chance of original ending too but as long as it turn out to be good and open for the next season, I'm okey with it.
Marina2Jan 23, 2011 10:32 PM
Jan 23, 2011 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
Iilia said:
@Yumekichi11

Like Wasabi said below it can be either a complete take over or a mutual coexistence between the soul and the dream demon. I think up till a certain point it cannot go separate ways but as you saw with this episode it did but that's because Ishima did not have enough time to take over Minato. So Merry sending her back into the dream world ruptured that link since it was not strong to begin with. Remember Minato said she can only meet Ishima at night, that means when she sleeps and dreams. Link was weak and fresh for sure in this case.
Iilia said:

Most likely he killed him and if that demon has the powers it can turn into Serio itself while being disguised as true self. Demon no matter what they are always were shown to deceive and in competition when they have. Previous dream demon? You mean Doe? He disappeared only to return later. This one in this episode was only sent away. Serio is the one that really got killed off.
Iilia said:
I would also much rather have a second season with more characters adding in, some progressions and more new dream demons. Seems like this has lots of development potential as long as it does not stall like having too much repetitions of certain elements, like dream demon fights. I would rather have long fights than too many of time taking away some key developments of character that are needed now to figure out things about them.
Wasabi said:
I agree with your statements Wasabi but I have to add that the human soul may able to escape unless the dream demon is strong enough to restrain it within the body, thus it may open up the possibility of Yumeji having dreams of that soul asking for help and saving it by expelling the demon out back into the dream world with most likely Merry being rejected to go where it is going. Furthermore that will created less competition among them since Merry will clean them up. I am hoping eventually that there will be stronger that will appear as a result and more awesome fights will appear.

Jan 24, 2011 1:02 PM
Sep 2010
I like the main plot and Merry is cute, but, the main protagonist annoyis me, i don't know why

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Jan 25, 2011 12:46 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely better than the last episode, maybe not as good as the first one, but I really enjoy watching this. Can't wait for the next episode! 5/5
Jan 25, 2011 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
So, what am I even watching?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 25, 2011 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DenjaX said:
PS: the moment where Yumeji scanned Minato was freakin scary that I turned on the lights x.x
Really? Guess me too I was scarred but not that much. :P

i wouldn't call it scary. agitating to say the most.i felt like awakening to my darker side = =

Ef-tale of melodies, now that has some REALLY scary scenes. especially when yuko was explain her past few years, i'm still in trauma *shiver*
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 26, 2011 8:19 AM

Aug 2008
That new dream demon gave me a weird Higurashi vibe the moment I saw her. I wonder if that angel-like character is hunting dream demons trying to get into the real world? I don't see it as too strange that she may be hunting Merry too soon. In the end, I think we have a tentative partnership between Merry and Yumeji. Decent episode really.

Jan 26, 2011 8:19 AM

Aug 2008
That new dream demon gave me a weird Higurashi vibe the moment I saw her. I wonder if that angel-like character is hunting dream demons trying to get into the real world? I don't see it as too strange that she may be hunting Merry too soon. In the end, I think we have a tentative partnership between Merry and Yumeji. Decent episode really.

Jan 27, 2011 1:33 AM

May 2010
Merry is so cute :3. a typical badass girl X3 this is getting more interesting :D
and who was that girl at the end o.O?
Jan 27, 2011 1:43 AM
Jul 2010
Wasabi said:
Yumeji is a pretty different change of protagonist. He's actually quite level headed and thinks things through instead of running head on or act like a complete wimp. We need more of this.
Quoted for truth. I really like him.

Spirit_Sempai said:
Lame fight :/

But still not a bad episode
Yeah, the fight was pretty lame but I actually enjoy the way things are developing. I'm so curious about everything!
Jan 27, 2011 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
Monad said:
The good thing is that this show keeps going with the lpot instead of school life and thing like that.

That's what i'm hoping for here. I hope the school life just becomes an after thought. BUT WAIT! judging by the preview, we will be returning to the school life!

Not really that shocking, since the dream demons only seem to attract students.

Anyways, pretty average episode. I didn't mind the episodic style, but they've put the plot in the sidelines, which is not a good thing.

Jan 27, 2011 1:09 PM
Jun 2009
Some people may call this anime boring but I personally like the pace of the show.

And Merry's outfit is just great.
Jan 28, 2011 8:01 AM

Dec 2010
Ah, now I really am curious of that red-haired girl with handcuffs-like bracelet. I mean, she's cute and all, but I wonder if she's an enemy?
Merry is so cute~ She's not as cool as in the first episode, with donuts and all ~! x3
Jan 28, 2011 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
Pretty good episode.

Wasabi said:

Yumeji is a pretty different change of protagonist. He's actually quite level headed and thinks things through instead of running head on or act like a complete wimp. We need more of this.

+1
Jan 28, 2011 7:58 PM

Nov 2010
Great episode and Merrys little costume was awesome, looking forward to next weeks episode to see some more bad guys.
Feb 10, 2011 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
I don't think I can take anymore of this show.

The style of the show is good and the way the scenes flow make it feel dreamy but unfortunately all of that is ruined by nothing happening. This episode, like all the previous ones, has enough content to fill maybe 3 or 4 minutes of an anime. Not a whole episode.

Dropped. Probably. No offense to the studio and fans and I'm sure nobody cares about my opinion anyway.
Feb 14, 2011 12:10 PM

Dec 2008
I think I'll be having nightmares about Ichima tonight. *shivers*
May 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Wasabi said:

this.

kuroshi_nazo said:
So Yumeji is the only one who can see if a dream demon will visit that night, looks like Yhis useless ability isn't so useless anymore.

animelly said:
lol Merry looks so cute when she's staring at the girl's donut.

lol that was adorable.

Jun 1, 2011 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
Merry's cute.
Mar 26, 2012 10:42 PM
Mar 2012
Ep 3!!!! well... i can say that i really enjoyed it, not only was it well paced but the animation/music/plot development tied together seamlessly. As far as the new character goes, i Feel that minato is super cute and well designed. Also the qourk of clumsyness helps us further realize that she is only a kid. right after watching this and taking a step back, i realized that this episode further explained the dream into reality issue, which for me was really confussing. I'm so glad that they took the time to go over what has been happening to the protagonist. This episode also showed yumeji's growing power, which i liked a lot because at first it seemed like he had no control over anything, which annoyed me a bit. also it helped the two protagonists get closer together. what i mean is that they seem more like friends then in the first episode where merry treated yumeji like a complete stranger and ultametly via the second episode, abandones him for a unkown goal. the scene with the yumeji's father playing kick the can, was i think a great way to show how much yumeji cares about his father and it gave insight into the fathers personality. Now we just need something about the mother and maybe a hint or two about merry past... that would be sugoi!!!! Merry is super cute!!!!!!!!!!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Yukikaze
Aug 31, 2012 5:16 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode a bit fucked but still great :D good that he found Merry!
Dec 1, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting episide.
Sep 21, 2015 4:27 AM

Mar 2010
5layer said:
I don't think I can take anymore of this show.

The style of the show is good and the way the scenes flow make it feel dreamy but unfortunately all of that is ruined by nothing happening. This episode, like all the previous ones, has enough content to fill maybe 3 or 4 minutes of an anime. Not a whole episode.

Dropped. Probably. No offense to the studio and fans and I'm sure nobody cares about my opinion anyway.

I feel the same but I never drop an anime so soon.. But yeah not much has hapoened.

It was ok and I loved merry her drooling face when she sees a donut
Oct 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2012
It's starting to get interesting.

May 29, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2009
i kinda like this MC-guy,
not only does he have an ability and know how to use it,
he is also an anomaly who can cross into the world of dreams during the daydreams,

i wonder if there's some interesting "secret" there as to who, or what, he actually is,
considering that he's apparently staying at a-.... relatives? home, and during the intro it's him an Merry as children, out playing aren't they -w-..?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 10, 2023 8:39 AM

Dec 2022
Many new characters have been introduced since the first episode, but few of them are relevant yet. Makes me wonder how they'll be used in the future.

Shaded Horizon

Yesterday, 9:06 PM
Mar 2021
I couldn't continue the anime.

My reasons:

- Unfunny protagonist.
- Dated animation (although Fate Zero has excellent animation and is older).
- The story doesn't make much sense.
- It seems like a recycling of scripts from other animes of the time.

NOTE: I believe that the biggest problem here is in the initial presentation of the work, it is slow, tiring, and full of clichés. If only the protagonist was interesting, I would be able to keep watching.

I don't recommend it, as there are better animes to watch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.