Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2011 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Man, I'm not sure what really happened in the final battle, but it looks like the good guys won it anyway. How the series ended was also really weird and surreal (probably also thanks to the infamous soundtrack). I'm not quite sure how to put it in words.. ~_~

Apr 7, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2010
It ended like it began: Merry sending people back to the Dream World. An okay ending to the story of Treesea, but it felt like the ending to an arc, not the story. Where's my awesome John Dew? What about Pharos? Will we ever see Merry sent back herself? I want a season two.

God, it's Pandora Hearts all over again.

For what it was, it was all right. I still love Yumekui Merry, but because of this ending it feels pretty bittersweet. I think I'll go have a donut now.
Apr 7, 2011 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Nice end to a somewhat underrated series. I want a season 2! Oh and before I forget...Leon and Chizuru, I love you both. -cries-
Apr 7, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2010
Not really a good ending. I didn't like how Yumeji learned about his power like that. In the manga, it was way better. I doubt they are going to make a second season because everything ended different from the manga, but I hope they do make one.

They didn't even show Landsbourogh and he was some what important in the last fight.

Apr 7, 2011 6:55 PM

Jan 2010
Eh, not totally impressed. Dew needed a more important role, imo. I'll probably just read the manga now, but I think it would be really cool if Yumeji had became his vessel anyway, and then Dream-eater and Chaser could team up to beat teh bad guyz.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 7, 2011 7:06 PM

Jun 2010
The ending seems more like it should lead to a second season with so many questions not addressed to...
Apr 7, 2011 7:09 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty meh show overall, think I'll go check out the manga since I hear it's leagues better. No Chaser was very disappoint.
Apr 7, 2011 7:10 PM
May 2009
I guess the ending was alright but the manga is way better
Apr 7, 2011 7:15 PM
Apr 2011
Eh
That was an alright ending I guess.
Apr 7, 2011 7:28 PM
Jun 2010
First 12 episodes were really good but then we got hit with the typical JC staff "ending".

I'm pretty disappointed now, I was gonna give it at least a 9 if not a 10 depending on how it ended, but now I just don't know. This series did not deserve this shitty ending.
Apr 7, 2011 7:33 PM

Aug 2010
Ending almost fizzled but it was still a good show. Kind of wanted Merry to kick butt from the beginning instead of giving up, getting motivated, then giving up before getting motivated again. Otherwise I really enjoyed and Merry is still so cute.
Apr 7, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
The build up to this episode was very gradual and the ending was just unleashed in great haste. Granted, it could have used the change in pace, but the last episode is pretty late to give it that push, especially since there are so many other plot points that have only been hinted at and not developed. Overall, the series was decent. A second season would be nice, but it would need to move at a much faster pace than this one to keep my interest up. 6/10
Apr 7, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2008
man, i wanted him to like summon doe and then have him rape mistletine but noooooo, had to have some kind of "believe in the heart of the cards" bs involved. oh well, it was a decent anime, but really could have been better
Apr 7, 2011 8:10 PM

May 2009
A bit of a disappointing final episode, but still decent. I hope there's a season two to finish the story.
Apr 7, 2011 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
This left lots of unresolved issues for a second season. It looks like, unlike Play, Merry does send them back to the dream world. I'm glad to see the teacher didn't make it back.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 7, 2011 8:35 PM

Jun 2008
Uhh.....WHAT WAS THAT???

Probably the most ANTI-CLIMATIC battle ever....so many questions, so many plot holes, so much AWKWARDNESS...

Well, I didn't expect much, so I'm not really disappointed.

Solid 6/10......it was much better at the beginning.
Apr 7, 2011 8:39 PM

Jul 2010
i thought it was going to end well but seriously... huge set up for season two.

Apr 7, 2011 8:53 PM

Mar 2011
I don't think I've ever been so bored watching a fight scene (or an anime in general) before. :/

Oh well, now I know to stay away from this series if it ever gets continued.
Apr 7, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
kinda surprised at the somewhat crappy ending. at least it sets itself up for a 2nd season hopefully.
Apr 7, 2011 9:07 PM

Apr 2008
At first I let this series hang after the first episode, but I gave it a second chance and don't really regret my decision.

That said, this ending was extremely awkward. The powers were pulled out of nowhere, the strengths were totally inconsistent, the vast majority of attacks were meaningless, and the explanation for the ultimate outcome was nonexistent. I know they foreshadowed Yumeji's combat powers once, but that's the thing, they did it just once. For so many of the episode I expected him to show it again. At the very end of the series it's just too late to make it seem like more than a deus ex machina. Even ignoring all that, which is basically impossible, it didn't even manage to show the fight in a cool way. So many close ups that completely obscured what was going on and very little sense of weight behind most attacks.

I'm going to have to agree with most people that this ending was lousy and the series was messy with unresolved plot lines and unrealized motivations. Granted, I don't see how anyone can be surprised by this. It seemed obvious to me fairly early that they weren't going to get through things. I'm still confused what was supposed to have happened with Chris Evergreen. Mei being fine afterward seemed contrary to all their oh so dramatic concern that Merry couldn't send muma back. The main thing I liked about this series was the characters, which was more that they were refreshingly likable for a shounen than actually interesting.

Sort of interested in checking out the manga. A second season of the anime not so much.
Apr 7, 2011 9:17 PM

Jan 2010
good start then it got bad at the final episodes.. It would have been better if they wouldn't have strayed from the manga too much..
Apr 7, 2011 9:23 PM

Jan 2008
I liked how the TV series had Chizuru but... I'm sad how the show barely progressed at all.

Too many things they left out, hopefully there will be S2.

7/10 for me, lots of favorable characters and at least, was entertaining for me to watch.
PaulApr 7, 2011 9:29 PM
Apr 7, 2011 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Not impressed at all. This series needed more John Doe, badly :/

5/10
novalisApr 7, 2011 11:23 PM
Apr 7, 2011 10:00 PM

Sep 2007
I felt the ending of this was one of the weaker endings this season. Not the fight or anything like that, that was as good as I was expecting, but the very last few scenes made the ending weak.

Hopefully a second season comes around, because this series definitely needs one.
Apr 7, 2011 10:21 PM
Mar 2008
I love the Yumekui Merry manga and was really exited about theis adaptation but this was a terrible ending, worse than Fractale's and almost as bad as Dragon Crisis.
Mistletine had potential to be a great villain but ended up being boring, the animation was a joke (maybe the worst animated episode of all the 13 episodes), Yumeji's growth seemed forced and the climax was corny and nothing else; Just, no.
Still, if a S2 comes out in the future I would probably watch it, hoping they stick more to the manga and/or they change the staff of the series.
Apr 7, 2011 10:28 PM

Aug 2008
Super anticlimatic and rushed ending. What's with the "I can't give up" attitude that always gives the main character infinite power ups? Oh well, it was decent, 7/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 7, 2011 10:32 PM
Feb 2011
It was good and I really liked it until this arc with Mistletine so until 9 episode I think. After that it went downhill in my opinion.
6/10, because it wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either.
Apr 7, 2011 10:56 PM

Sep 2008
What the fuck was that?

In this episode, we get a Kawanami that looks like she had sex 50 times and a Yui that is stroking a huge one. We never got chibi Merry either.

I am disappoint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2011 11:58 PM

Sep 2007
Sad ... i thought that will be better.
But that was a normal ending...
Apr 8, 2011 12:10 AM

Sep 2009
That didn't feel like an ending at all. I was going to give this an 8 but due to the last few minutes of this episode I might have to drop my rating to a 7. If there's another season with a better ending I might rate that an 8.
Apr 8, 2011 12:13 AM

Feb 2010
not the best ending still a solid show 7/10.
Apr 8, 2011 12:15 AM

Jan 2011
Well this show was good I guess, not great but still it was a fun ride the battles felt a little akwardly done though
Apr 8, 2011 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
Good show, bad way to end it.

Just had to say it, but damn that repeated screen time of kawanami is freakinnnnnngggg funnnnnnnnnny

and that vessel of engi.. I dont even know what to say.
Apr 8, 2011 12:53 AM

Jun 2010
What a bad way to end a series. Everything felt so awkward and forced. The animation was also pretty bad, the fighting didn't seem fluid and the attacks had like no power behind it. With that said, I still enjoyed this series as a whole. If there is a season 2, ill probably watch it.

7/10
Apr 8, 2011 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
Well, this was kind of disappointing. At least my face became great friends with my palm.
The best way for this to end would've been if that bullet actually worked. That would've been perfectly fine.
But no, we can't have a perfectly fine ending, can we? Of course not, and instead, we get this. Wow, this was dumb.
"Herp derp, my dream is to never give up, I can't be beaten no matter how many times I'm hit."
And then suddenly, everyone's miraculously healed up and ready to fight.
Not to mention that Kawanami, who supposedly had both her dreams (however non-existent they were), and her soul completely shattered, isn't even in a near as bad a state as all those who suffered from dream loss.

And to think that this actually started out really well.
Anyway, poor Mistletine :< The only character I wanted to actually make it out alive.
Also, Ijima's face when he started stomping on Yumeji, what a priceless face.
OosranApr 8, 2011 4:53 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 8, 2011 1:11 AM
Mar 2008
This was a cute series,the ending felt extremly rushed,but not terrible,i mean i've seen alot worst anime endings than this *COUGH COUGH Kiddy Girl-And* but overall,this was'nt too bad,but could have been better,we never even got to see merry use her full powers again like when she summoned those cool powers from her key chains like in episode 6,so i sense a season 2 to be made in the future,because this was so different from the manga. I mean the way they rushed this reminded me of the ending to the anime version of Shaman King.

overall,this was a fun series and i still love it but i wish this could have been alot better,so i give this at least a 7 out of 10

still,merry is so darn cute,you can't resist her :D however,i kind of felt bad for mistilteinn treesea though,she was rather cute and psycho at the same time,i was expected a rather better ending to the battle instead of having engi threepiece slice her.
ChronoBallXApr 8, 2011 1:16 AM
Apr 8, 2011 1:16 AM

Apr 2008
was hoping a better ending though =x but still okay~

Apr 8, 2011 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
Huh? So many things being stuffed in like this?
My head's still spinning. +_+
Apr 8, 2011 1:39 AM

May 2009
i think there's aseason 2?
so many things that merry haven't sent back. XD
Apr 8, 2011 1:44 AM
Oct 2010

The show was good until the pointless ending.
If there ever will be a 2nd season, I hope they clear up a lot of things.
Apr 8, 2011 2:30 AM

Feb 2011
streetbum said:

The show was good until the pointless ending.
If there ever will be a 2nd season, I hope they clear up a lot of things.

Not to mention (quoting wikis and such here);
Always Strive to become stronger.
For both yourself and for others.
Apr 8, 2011 2:40 AM

Jul 2010
wow this anime got worse with every episode. at first i was all fired up...now it ends like THIS..*sigh*
Apr 8, 2011 3:16 AM
Nov 2010
A very good anime, only a fine ending, though, I hope it only means this is not the ending and that there'll be season two pretty soon...
Apr 8, 2011 3:25 AM

Dec 2010
Ending left a lot of unresolved issues, could have been better but I suppose they couldn't fit everything from the manga in :\

Apr 8, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 2010
I expected a lot... 6/10 The first few episodes were awesome! I hope we'll get to see a 2nd season.
Apr 8, 2011 3:56 AM

Jul 2010
The ending was pretty abrupt and rushed. Powers coming out of nowhere and Treesea was defeated in a whim. Many things were left unexplained and we learnt nothing of Merry's past (or future for that matter).

Yumeji still has to send her back to the dream world right? Let's hope for a sequel in which we'll learn more about Merry. Pretty good series with great characters. A solid 7/10 from me! =)

Apr 8, 2011 4:31 AM
Nov 2008
*face/palms *. ......that's what I did the whole episode...and the whole anime for that matter.

The idea has potential but the way it was made into an anime gave it a ''common to boring'' feel .I was not impressed when this series started and I was not impressed [ if anyone could be ] with this ending.Boring battle scenes that seem more like stills than battle scenes...common-cliche characters with no appeal....the so cliche '' my will to do good for no reason apparently so i pull a magic sword and finish the evil guy '' scenario...
From top to bottom this series was an overall TOO common TOO cliche a series for me...I'll give it a 6.....though i think it deserves less....I hope they don't make season 2...seriously...
Apr 8, 2011 4:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
quite good anime overall 7/10 . Lacked few things and didnt give much feeling of anime being so good. But its was quite fine...
Apr 8, 2011 5:30 AM
Dec 2010
All in all it felt too rushed and anti-climatic. Yumeji realizing his power was also too rushed, with the way he gained it in the manga being 100 times more epic, but oh well.

There sure is room for a season two, but since it deviated quite a lot from the manga we'll have to wait for the blu-ray sales to see if the producers will even consider it.
Apr 8, 2011 5:39 AM

Mar 2011
Second season incoming. No more Ijima or Kawanami, just as planned, so it's ob-vious.

Otherwise, I don't understand something.

I doubt they are going to make a second season because everything ended different from the manga, but I hope they do make one.

...no.This ending is perfectly compatible with the manga. They will only have a hard time with Yumeji discovering his power, but there is still

They will have to improvise a little for one part (or make Yumeji forget everything, mind you, it's very possible), but this is perfectly compatible with the manga.

They didn't even show Landsbourogh and he was some what important in the last fight.

How can so many people even think that (sales aside) this is not a giant warning for a second season?
Heracles wasn't introduced in the ANIME for fun,you know?

I'm still confused what was supposed to have happened with Chris Evergreen. Mei being fine afterward seemed contrary to all their oh so dramatic concern that Merry couldn't send muma back. The main thing I liked about this series was the characters, which was more that they were refreshingly likable for a shounen than actually interesting.

Everything is explained later. It's explained quite late in the source material.

good start then it got bad at the final episodes.. It would have been better if they wouldn't have strayed from the manga too much..

Problem is, the manga doesn't have a good "end of season" for now.
Well, it possibly have one in Vol.5/6, but it's impossible for them to adapt 5 volume in 13 eps with this pace. Even ep13 looks like an complete ending compared to what we would have had if they didn't put any filler.
You cannot end an anime anywhere you want, and they have to do with broadcasting restrictions .

Not to mention that Kawanami, who supposedly had both her dreams (however non-existent they were), and her soul completely shattered, isn't even in a near as bad a state as all those who suffered from dream loss.

Soul doesn't mean life. And in fact she does have dreams. She didn't before meeting Sana.
About the whole "constructing another dream", I don't like it either,but sadly lot of poeple think like this IRL, so it doesn't really surprise me. In fact, I'm more surprised that this is not in the source material yet.
(And we don't know if she can really get better, or if it's just yumeji's stupid optimism.)

Overall,the first season is quite faithful to the manga. Except for Yumeji in ep13, they can begin S2 after Heracles' speech in the manga without any problem of inconsistency. They did a great job with this.
To me, this episode should not be judged as an ending which must explain everything. it is merely the beginning of the story.

The main thing I will remember about this show is that the anime is really, really good about giving a feeling of despair.
willardhwrightApr 8, 2011 6:13 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.