Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2017
i came across this image and it made me curious as to which of these archetypes would be the most popular so i came here to ask you guys: which of these archetypes is your favourite? (or favourites tbh i know it can be hard to choose) explain your reasoning and add examples if you want :)

[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 20, 2019 9:11 AM

Jul 2015
Yamato nadeshiko for me
they are the epitome of feminine beauty
tragedydesuJan 20, 2019 9:24 AM
Jan 20, 2019 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
The most popular would be Tsundere. Do I even need to explain, b-baka!

Best example? Hitagi Senjougahara and Taiga Aisaka.
Jan 20, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
kevne said:

yesterday i found out a lot of ppl don't consider senjougahara to be tsundere and i kinda have to agree with them tho. she's too blunt and straightforward to be a tsundere
[/url]
Jan 20, 2019 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
mifti said:
kevne said:

yesterday i found out a lot of ppl don't consider senjougahara to be tsundere and i kinda have to agree with them tho. she's too blunt and straightforward to be a tsundere

That's true, she is a self-proclaimed tsundere. Hitagi got some really weird mood swings that classify her as a "unique" tsundere character. Her tendency to be abusive and also ignoring people while being rude puts her in the tsundere quota.
Jan 20, 2019 9:30 AM
Apr 2018
Kuudere is the best one for me. Probably easiest to talk to.
Jan 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
tragedydesu said:
Yamato nadeshiko for me
they are the epitome of feminine beauty

i love this scene so much i almost cried when i opened the image omg
[/url]
Jan 20, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2017
Kuudere, dandere, loli and neko are my favorite female archetypes. I can also enjoy girls of Ojou-sama archetype, ohoho~ It's hard to say what exactly I enjoy on them. In case of neko/loli archetypes, it's the cuteness I think. I very much like cuteness. For Ojou-samas, I just enjoy their quirkiness I suppose, and their high class-like demeanor. In case of danderes I enjoy their aloofness and that they generally don't get too swayed by emotions, and act logically. Although if this is taken too far, it can be a turn off. They still need enough humanity in them for me to like them. With kuuderes I also enjoy that aloofness that they use to cover their feelings with, and it's especially sweet when it inevitably breaks down and their true feelings show up. They are very cute in that moment, and usually from that point on. Although the way in which they cover their feelings is cute in it's own right.

On the other hand my least favorite are tsunderes, and going hand in hand with them are kamideres. I don't like their abusiveness, and high and mighty approach to things, which is especially apparent with kamideres, but some tsundere fall to it as well. Humans are all equal. Although if done right both of these archetypes can be somewhat enjoyable, it seems to be rare for them to be done right. Kamideres are at least very rare, unlike tsunderes, so I still like them a bit more as a curiosity and something unusual.
I have no particular preference for other archetypes, I like them if done right, and dislike them if done wrong.
MrZawaJan 20, 2019 9:49 AM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jan 20, 2019 9:39 AM

Jan 2019
tsundere's are my favourite, but there are some other nice girls from other types too :P
like my favourites from
Kurisu from Steins Gate
Mine from Akame ga Kill
Misaka from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toosaka Rin from FSN
Vegeta from Dragonball xD
Aobafrom Cross Game
Kallen from Code Geass+
i guess those are some of my favourite Tsundere's, there is probably more i like but i can't remember rn
Jan 20, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2016
I have a general preference to kuudere, tomboys, robots (more along the lines of Mira rather than the dull Chii), and older sister

By the way, the person who made this clearly has not paid attention that Ui Hirasawa is legitimately the younger sister of Yui. Yes, Ui's behavior that is of an older sister stereotype, but a better example should have been used. Seeing as how there are multiple characters from the same series, gives me the impression that they haven't watched much anime and are lacking examples.
Jan 20, 2019 9:56 AM
Feb 2017
Tsundere and Neko and probably a common answer, but hey I'm not here to please.
Jan 20, 2019 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Tomboys and genki are my favourite.
:)
Jan 20, 2019 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Dessssy said:
Tomboys and genki are my favourite.

Yah, recently I find my taste for tomboys growing too.
Jan 20, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2017
I don't know tbh. There are too many choices!
Jan 20, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know all those fancy Japanese buzzwords, but I like goth girls and tomboys.
Jan 20, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2015
Kuudere for me and also tomboy and maybe yandere( various reasons )
Examples: Rei Ayanami, Mion Sonozaki and Kaede or Rena
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2019 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
PasoKon / persocom! heck yes hurray for Chii <3
Edit : + aliens are cool too but most of the time they're just humans not born on earth, meh
TitadouJan 20, 2019 10:54 AM
Jan 20, 2019 10:57 AM

Feb 2010
Loli 'looks far younger than age' - no that's a fake loli, real lolis are actual kid characters
moe as a character archetype? someone doesn't understand what moe means.
imouto = 'slow learner'? I've seen way more imoutos that are very capable than I've seen slow imoutos.

Fuck that, this chart doesn't even know what it is talking about. Whoever made it probably watched one show and generalized the fuck out of it. Half of these aren't character archetypes but more like attributes that if combined with each other can make up an archetype but on their own don't stand for any kind of specific personality. And some of those just have blatantly wrong/random descriptions that at best fit a small subset of what they try to describe.

and with all the random bs it included it managed to miss the best archetype, deredere. Such incompetence is baffling.

Seriously, this chart is garbage -.-
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 20, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2018
I think all can be good and they have their moments.

I can't decide for 1, my 3 favorites would be: Nadeshiko (Belldandy and Nogisaka Haruka I think are this category), Bokukko (Konoe Subaru I think goes here) and Kuudere. I think that probably Nadeshiko is my favorite, but I like the other 2 a lot too.
Jan 20, 2019 11:01 AM

Jan 2019
Without a doubt a combination of Tsundere/Kamidere/Bokukko.

I don't think I could narrow it down to one type because people aren't really all that 1 dimensional.
Jan 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
kamidere in anime as its awesome to watch
miko irl if i had to be with one type
but as friends then genki and dojikko. some of the others would make for shit mates
Jan 20, 2019 11:04 AM

May 2017
Something is wrong.
where is the futanari girl in the image?

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Jan 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
Pullman said:
Loli 'looks far younger than age' - no that's a fake loli, real lolis are actual kid characters
moe as a character archetype? someone doesn't understand what moe means.
imouto = 'slow learner'? I've seen way more imoutos that are very capable than I've seen slow imoutos.

Fuck that, this chart doesn't even know what it is talking about. Whoever made it probably watched one show and generalized the fuck out of it. Half of these aren't character archetypes but more like attributes that if combined with each other can make up an archetype but on their own don't stand for any kind of specific personality. And some of those just have blatantly wrong/random descriptions that at best fit a small subset of what they try to describe.

and with all the random bs it included it managed to miss the best archetype, deredere. Such incompetence is baffling.

Seriously, this chart is garbage -.-

Well that's kind of obvious it's just for the lol.
I mean put "fast learner" with a picture of Chii who is the exact contrary of a fast learner is a joke itself for all the persocom category
Jan 20, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2018
"Favourite best girl archetypes?"

archetype <> best girl
Jan 20, 2019 11:34 AM

Nov 2018
I consider myself to be a man of many tastes, so the only thing I can state are the archetypes I don't like lmao

bifauxnen, kamidere, aidoru, and mahou shoujo.

The only one that could really be taken out of this is Aidoru, but I'm having a hard time coming up with characters that I actually like that fill this role.
Bifauxnen is just weird. I find it hard to like a character that fills this archetype unless the character is a spoof on the archetype. Sometimes it works if it's a character's alter-ego (like Benio Yonomori)
Mahou Shoujo? idk. There's something about their decisiveness that leaves me with a headache. They are exceptionally good at crying and relying on others. Guess it comes down to me not having any examples that I actually like lol (similar to Aidoru). Most mahou shoujo animes only have 1 or 2 characters that actually fulfill the archetype without having other archetypes being more present, and typically I don't like them...

The worst archetype of all is kamidere though-- not to be mixed up with tsundere. If a character exhibits this behavior, I find it exceptionally hard to like the character even if their personality mixes in other archetypes that I do like. Kamideres get on my nerve. Superiority complex is NASTY and expecting special treatment leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Gotta be into some weird fetishes if you like the Kamidere.
actually... Kamideres sometimes work, but very rarely (and they will need to exhibit other archetypes). Nisekoi's Chitoge Kirisaki shows some Kamidere but it isn't overwhelming.
LoonitickJan 20, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2017
Forgive me for being too specific, but in addition to tsunderes I love the "workaholic tsundere".

Examples would be Satsuki from Konohana Kitan and Rize from Gochuumon wa usagi Desuka?.
Jan 20, 2019 11:55 AM

Sep 2017
Tsundere since Ed and Toshiro are both the best girls from their anime.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 20, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
Many of those descriptions lines have nothing to do with the name put on it.
"Moe "for example literally have every description lines wrong, except "often fawned over".
Tsundere has nothing to do with easily offended or secretly caring for others. Kuudere has nothing to do with logical thinking. Nadeshiko has nothing to do with wise & intelligent. Loli has literally every single line wrong. Bokukko just has the "speak boyish" correct, everything else is irrelevant. Meganekko just has "wear glasses" being correct, imouto just has "little sister" correct, and so on.

(and... seriously, wth with the spelling? Aidoru? Pasokon? Really now? )
Jan 20, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
I used to love tsundere archetypes but I lost my spark for loving them. For now, I see them as neutral like any other archetypes.

For now, I don't have a favorite archetype but anything is acceptable for me.

The only one I might despise is the Ayanami Rei clones. Not sure if I should consider them as kuudere.

Jan 20, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Lol, the chart is really bad. Also, it's nice to see a thread where I can question others because of their love of abusive girlfriend kink.

As for me, I don't usually go with archetypes but if I had to pick one that would be tomboys.
Jan 20, 2019 2:10 PM

Oct 2017
sasalx said:
Also, it's nice to see a thread where I can question others because of their love of abusive girlfriend kink.

not gonna lie that was partially the intention
[/url]
Jan 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Dec 2015
zBluee said:
Something is wrong.

You don't need anyone to write futanari characters.
You can do it yourself with photoshop and 2 minutes.

Jan 20, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Deredere isn't even on the list, smh.

Based on the descriptions, let's just mix...genki...aidoru...dojikko...chikyugai?

Boom. Doesn't really capture some of her more scheme-y, jealous or vindictive tendencies but eh, I do what I can. They certainly don't extend as far as to be yandere and that's pretty much the only thing that offers up such traits.

If I can only choose one, iunno, it'd probably be a coin flip between genki and dojikko, given deredere isn't on the list for some absurd reason.
ManabanJan 20, 2019 2:55 PM

Jan 20, 2019 2:52 PM
Jan 2009
I suppose tsundere because I have seen so many anime that have tsundere character-type characters.
Jan 20, 2019 3:21 PM

May 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
zBluee said:
Something is wrong.

You don't need anyone to write futanari characters.
You can do it yourself with photoshop and 2 minutes.

Hmmm...
now this character may on my favorite list.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Jan 20, 2019 3:41 PM

Oct 2018
I don't know what it is exactly, but I have a thing for tsunderes
Jan 20, 2019 3:50 PM

Jan 2019
mifti said:
sasalx said:
Also, it's nice to see a thread where I can question others because of their love of abusive girlfriend kink.

not gonna lie that was partially the intention

Ha, don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for a bossy type but I'd draw the line at abusive :P Unless it was the consensual kind that I'd actually signed up for ^^
Jan 20, 2019 3:58 PM

Apr 2012
animal humanization is the best archetype
にゃす!
Jan 20, 2019 4:05 PM
Jul 2015
kuudere and bokukko are the best archetypes :)
beansaregrossJan 25, 2019 8:05 PM
don't touch me

More topics from this board

» What anime has best memes

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

13 by nishant0 »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you glad KyotoAni is coming back to save gag comedy?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

6 by Halqifibrax »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 3 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

109 by aReviewer »»
29 minutes ago

» Favorite opening (or ending) of an anime you haven't seen

Phantomtroupe97 - 9 hours ago

24 by kutuya »»
43 minutes ago

» Did Shikanoko save comedy anime?

Catalano - Today

20 by RainyEvenings »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.