Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2008 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:21 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 6:59 PM

Dec 2007
This adaptation is excellent IMO. They really manage to squeeze stuff from different sections of the game without it being too awkward or inconsistent,emit some other sections,and stay true to the original material.
My only complaints are that the voice actors could put a little bit more emotion like they did in the game, the animation and characters look awkward at times and the pace may confuse some that didn't play the game but for me this anime stands for itself.
That was pretty intense.

angel999 said:

SERIOUSLY THIS GUY IS LOSER! He should JUST GO OUT WITH YUI or RIMI. Takumi Nishijiyou GET A LIFE SERIOUSLY! I might be Hikkikomori like him BUT I AM FAR OFFFFFFFF with the way he does things.

About Takumi (Warning:I'm digging here)
I find his adaptation a bit 'less lame' and 'less amusing' and 'less loser' and 'less antisocial' and 'less crazy in the head' in some parts.
DeadIEndOct 16, 2008 10:30 PM
Oct 16, 2008 7:02 PM

Dec 2007

nice anime...
AMAZING!!!
Oct 16, 2008 7:41 PM

Oct 2008
rarri said:
Where? Where?
I cant' find it anywhere.
I don't think it's out yet. heh

anilinkz.

yep they have some nifty tricks up there sleeves. wonder whats gonna happen next.
Oct 17, 2008 2:30 AM

Sep 2007
Damn, this is creepy. Random coincidences in this anime are fitting into my life. . . Anyway, not as gory as the first episode, but still was awesome.
Oct 17, 2008 2:31 AM

Oct 2008
the best part is that you dont know what is a delusion and not a delusion. it keeps you wondering what the hell is real and what is not.
Oct 17, 2008 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
Yua seemed too emotional to me in the end. She was almost shouting. In the game, she was like, "You will answer. I know you will. You know it, too. You know it, don't you?". Also,

SHI TTE RU YO NE?

That photo on Misumi's phone is strange. Seriously, Taku in an amusement park?

Yay, we get FES's song next time.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Oct 17, 2008 10:28 AM

Dec 2007
kitekuru yone?
kikanai nante yu anai yone?
anata kikubeki yo... kitte... kiku deshou?
kikanai NARA!!!
Oct 18, 2008 12:16 AM

Sep 2008
Sick series so far. Love his delusions.

Though poor Taku, he thinks he's going to make a friend then she turns out to be acting to find out what he knows about the murders...
Oct 18, 2008 12:56 AM

Dec 2007
good episode. its funny how he cant tell whether he is having a delusion or not
Oct 18, 2008 2:14 AM

Mar 2008
"2D for the win" i laughed and called him an idiot XD

im not so sure about this show, its just random so far, i need to give it more time though, i give a lot of shows at least 3 to 5 episodes and sometimes 10 before i like them
Oct 18, 2008 4:06 AM

Aug 2008
This episode made me think- Maybe it's high time to stop watching anime before mental consequences occure?^^ Anyway it's serious mindfuck. Worse than 'Welcome to the NHK'
GuroFXOct 18, 2008 4:16 AM
Oct 18, 2008 4:42 AM

Jun 2008
Frito said:
the best part is that you dont know what is a delusion and not a delusion. it keeps you wondering what the hell is real and what is not.

Agreed.
This is really messing with your head. ^^
Oct 18, 2008 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
FiveByFive said:
Frito said:

Agreed.

Not really they are hints when they are delusions or not but what is bugging me is WTH is Yui exactly.......student or undercover posing as student or someone working with Rimi??
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 18, 2008 6:16 AM

May 2008
I can distinguish reality from delusional pretty easily.
Really what is up with all the girls? Really weird show, and I love it because of that
Oct 18, 2008 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting watching, kinda curious as to why he was such major trust issues..

Then again the guy seems to live in a dream world where magical girls live in his bedroom and read his emails..

Needs moar
Oct 18, 2008 12:24 PM

Aug 2008
The director is clearly out of his element. For this show to be a horror, or a thriller or whatever, there is nothing in the direction that creates a sense of apprehension in the atmosphere for me. The main character is so out of his mind that I just keep thinking (ok, well this is probably just a delusion too...nothing to see here). There needs to be some balance to this guys delusions and just his overall personality to make the viewer feel like something is real, because if it doesn't happen then it can't be scary, it's just awkward.
Oct 18, 2008 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
damn..... im more confused than the prodagonist....is he like...a skitzo [sp] or something? i have no idea whats goin on haha. this show is great...
Oct 18, 2008 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
pretty good episode, am really liking the series so far
Oct 18, 2008 2:01 PM

Aug 2008
Going through nicely, just hopes it gets through with all main character introduction in the next episode, but with the OP i wonder whats the deal with the girls and the epic looking blades.
Oct 18, 2008 4:08 PM

Apr 2008
oh man this is awsome. chaotic to say the least, but still awsome
Oct 18, 2008 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
The hell was that? Kid has some serious issues, yo.

And while I highly doubt it has any bearing on anything going on, anyone notice Taku is the only one in the entire 'effin school wearing green? I mean it's kind of sad it took me so long to realize that, but am I the only one that finds that odd? Perhaps it can have something to do with his truancy? Meh, anyone able to enlighten me?

And I've gotta admit, I'm still partially confused still as to what is a delusion and what isn't. They made it nice and obvious in the first episode, now it's a little more ambiguous, which makes this all the more fun obviously! I mean, when the lines between reality and fiction are blurred, who knows what kind of crazy things pop up? Not to mention, what more is reality than your perspective? If you perceive it to be real, is it real? So, what if these turn out to be more than just "delusions" in the end? Dun dun dun...

traed said:
"2D for the win" i laughed and called him an idiot XD

And I completely forgot to mention that. That was absolutely horrible, I threw a water bottle at my monitor out of frustration. I thought I had issues with women, hah!
BakayaroOct 18, 2008 4:54 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 18, 2008 4:49 PM

Sep 2007
He certainly makes me facepalm.
Oct 18, 2008 4:51 PM

Oct 2007
A mix of Higurashi and NHK, but I think (and hope) this still stands on its own.

Seems like the main character is prone to hallucinate, but who knows where delusion ends and reality begins? This could go many ways, and I'm really looking forward to more.
SakujoFeb 27, 2011 7:21 PM
Oct 18, 2008 4:59 PM

Jan 2007
i really like the direction this show is taking. The problems Taku has to go through are very fun to watch.
Oct 18, 2008 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
It is pretty clear the Takumi has major fucking issues, multiple personalities, paranoia, almost a hikikomori and more.

I was at the edge of my seat during that last scene with Yua, awesome episode.

Bakayaro: I noticed the green pants and tie but I couldn't figure it out, maybe he's wearing last year's uniform or something, maybe he's imagining his whole school life, who knows with him this fucked up.
Oct 18, 2008 5:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Looks like it's getting started now. The first half was quite boring, even if it was necessary.

It reminds me a bit of Higurashi but atm it's far from being as interesting as Higurashi was.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2008 5:02 PM

Feb 2008
Man the last quarter of this episode was awesome.
The rest was average.
But it seems like it's going to be interesting now.
Oct 18, 2008 6:46 PM

Aug 2008
Great, great. I enjoy, and hope for some more.

Oct 18, 2008 7:12 PM

Dec 2007
Really liked this episode, looking forward to where its going. i can understand all the things that are happening, its just linking them togheter thats the hard part. its pretty clear he suffers from a severe sort of schizophrenia or something and has some pshycic powers that let him see the next gen crimes before they are comitted. that is, if he indeed is shogun himself.

it looks as if he also suffers from memory loss, perhaps because he experience different things with different personalitys? if thats true, he could be the murder himself. he then recreated the scene, because he couldnt bear the thought of what he had done. Rimis face mby "leaked" from his sub-coiunscuisness and voila, now she is the murder in the case instead. the thing is the pictures. he got them before the murder was comitted. mby he killed that man as shogun, then altered the time or something..? bah, its 4 in the morning, no time to be thinking of things like this :P
Oct 18, 2008 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
brazan90 said:
Really liked this episode, looking forward to where its going. i can understand all the things that are happening, its just linking them togheter thats the hard part. its pretty clear he suffers from a severe sort of schizophrenia or something and has some pshycic powers that let him see the next gen crimes before they are comitted. that is, if he indeed is shogun himself.

it looks as if he also suffers from memory loss, perhaps because he experience different things with different personalitys? if thats true, he could be the murder himself. he then recreated the scene, because he couldnt bear the thought of what he had done. Rimis face mby "leaked" from his sub-coiunscuisness and voila, now she is the murder in the case instead. the thing is the pictures. he got them before the murder was comitted. mby he killed that man as shogun, then altered the time or something..? bah, its 4 in the morning, no time to be thinking of things like this :P

You know, you are the closest to beginning getting it. Yes it seems that is the case EXACTLY as it stands but that may expand as this series expands. Also someone might be playing all along. Remember the second crime?? Pregnant man????.........That is the first occurrence where someone forced something unto a person whether after death or not.

Point being that same person might playing with something new on Takumi! REMEMBER the thing about a formula that ceases the existence of this world.....that formula whose formula is it??? Perhaps those of th one who gave him eyes. Perhaps even someone is monitoring Takumi through his very own eyes....a parasite perhaps.....BUT ONE THING--------->NOTHING IS 100% YET!
Oct 18, 2008 7:29 PM

Jul 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Bakayaro: I noticed the green pants and tie but I couldn't figure it out, maybe he's wearing last year's uniform or something, maybe he's imagining his whole school life, who knows with him this fucked up.

See, I thought that too, but really where exactly DOES the delusion end then? Not to mention, then it'd make this more or less Dallas the anime. With the exception being of course, that it'd be with some kid in the mental ward. I mean, let's face it, to imagine a story like the one he'd be putting out, you'd have to be insane. So, I'm kinda hoping it's last years uniform or some such, or maybe it'll play a significant role in the plot later on though that's kind of doubtful.

Well, back on the pants/tie thing, everyone wears blue. His sister, his fellow second years, and Yua who belongs to the third year. However, this brings up another point. Rimi more or less has to be real, or his friend wouldn't have recognized her as well. Unless he is just imagining school life, but then how did he meet Yua in the first place? Did she just randomly run into him or some such then? So if Rimi is real though, does he just somehow attach her face to the Next Gen crimes as Shogun?

Another thing, when he has delusions, maybe it's more of a black out and while he sees something, his body does another thing, causing him to have no recolection of what he does? IE: Shogun.

Dammit though, Annisa is one to something with the name =(
BakayaroOct 18, 2008 7:35 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 18, 2008 7:29 PM
Oct 2007
I finally understand why this is called Chaos;Head. His head is definitely in chaos. He can delude even the most peaceful situation into something psychotic. Taku is so messed up and I really want to know why. I know his living in a cargo adds to it but looks like there's more. It seems something happened after that amusement park outing he had with Rimi that made him completely lose trust in 3D girls and probably the whole world. It could also be his family since he's shunning away from them.

The Yua scene at the end was crazy. The way she repeated her questions and statements several times to justify that her predictions are right was scary. +_+

I want more Rimi.

Bakayaro, I noticed the green pants and tie as well. At first I thought maybe it had to do with him being in a different year than the other guys but his friend has blue pants too so that theory was out.
Oct 18, 2008 8:30 PM

Feb 2008
My mind is seriously getting screwed over, but its a really fun watch.
Oct 18, 2008 8:31 PM
Dec 2007
Makes me think that to much anime is a bad thing...
Serious mindfuck going on. I'm thinking he's probably the real killer [dur].
Anyway, crazy episode.
Oct 18, 2008 8:43 PM

Mar 2008
Takumi is EXACTLY the kind of person you'd expect to be a serial murderer.
Oct 18, 2008 9:17 PM

Nov 2006
Sooooo boring.....I'm going to finish this because it's so short but this show is not impressing me at all.
Oct 18, 2008 9:46 PM

Nov 2007
Split personalities are always a good plot twist. New characters will undoubtedly make this crazier. I'm wondering about the weapons and what they have to do with the show so far though.
Oct 18, 2008 10:46 PM

Sep 2007
That was awesome, I didnt except that after only 2 eps

Oct 18, 2008 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
The visual novel is better than the anime :p

but I guess I willl still watch the anime
Oct 18, 2008 11:07 PM

Aug 2007
@hirahira
You've played the entire VN?

Very interesting so far. That's pretty much all I can say until they reveal more info about Taku's situation. I love the thought of not knowing whether what Taku is seeing is actually real or not. This reminds me a lot of K1 of Onikakushi-hen, but in a more modern setting.

Bring on the Mahou Shojos!
Oct 19, 2008 12:07 AM

Jun 2007
i liked this episode
the delusions are getting weirder and... really hard to distinguish.
i think they are trying to make the delusions as real as possible... or something like that.
anyways, Rimi was cute this episode, contrary from her blood stained persona we saw last episode.
so, more characters are introduced, the investigators that is. i really wonder what type of role will they play.
Yua was cute the whole time. being moe.... but we all knew such moe wouldn't exist in the so called "3D" world.... poor takumi got trolled hard.
it seems like Rimi has some interest in takumi too... besides, why wouldn't takumi be able to remember her... this all smells fishy. interesting, to say the least.
also, i didn't see yua becoming such a character. it was probably part of the dilusion that she pointed that thing at takumi... but she seems to be some kind of detective.... which is rather interesting. and the thing about the logs is also interesting.
it seems like next episode we will be presented to yet another girl. yay?
hmm... the first half was kind of ok, the second part was ok too, and the end was interesting. i still have some expectations for this.
Oct 19, 2008 12:36 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode.
It's really interesting and makes you wonder what will happen next.
Seemed to me that Rimi did something for him to know her name, because her eyes were flashing a little bit in that scene. Very mysterious.
Oct 19, 2008 1:40 AM

Sep 2008
About Taku's green pants - actually, he wears blue ones in the game. So I don't think it has any plot importance.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Oct 19, 2008 2:29 AM

Jun 2007
angel999 said:
FiveByFive said:
Frito said:

Agreed.

Not really they are hints when they are delusions or not but what is bugging me is WTH is Yui exactly.......student or undercover posing as student or someone working with Rimi??

The "hints" aren't always there and they don't always mean what you think :). They do this on purpose so you cant tell what's real and whats not. Keep your eyes on people's hands, clothes, and surroundings. One minute someone will have something in their hand the next they wont, one minute it will be morning the next it will be sunset. It's made to fuck with your mind.

For all we know his "real life" could be the delusion and his "delusions" could be real :).

I'm thoroughly enjoying this series to the fullest.
Oct 19, 2008 2:57 AM

Feb 2008
Man, this is confusing... I can't tell what is real and what's not. Makes it more interesting, though.
Oct 19, 2008 4:46 AM

Dec 2007
SingerOfW said:
About Taku's green pants - actually, he wears blue ones in the game. So I don't think it has any plot importance.

hope you are right. if it does have relevance to the plot, we are in for one big mind fuck :P
Oct 19, 2008 6:51 AM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
The director is clearly out of his element. For this show to be a horror, or a thriller or whatever, there is nothing in the direction that creates a sense of apprehension in the atmosphere for me. The main character is so out of his mind that I just keep thinking (ok, well this is probably just a delusion too...nothing to see here). There needs to be some balance to this guys delusions and just his overall personality to make the viewer feel like something is real, because if it doesn't happen then it can't be scary, it's just awkward.

You're quite right about the direction, Chaos Head's director is not that good at expressing horror and mystery (at least compared to Higurashi or School Days' ones, who really created an ambiance for their shows) but if you just focus on plot development and characters it's actually pretty enjoyable. More of an intellectual anime than an atmosphere anime, and thus not as good as the references cited earlier, but a good horror/harem anime nevertheless.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 19, 2008 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
for a second i thought its a romance show
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.