Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 10, 2008 8:10 PM

May 2007
I want to see how this Lockon can compare to the original. I give this episode a solid 10. Awesome way to kick off the season.
Oct 11, 2008 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
Well, I just finished the first season a moment ago, and it was great!

And then proceeded to watch the first episode of the 2nd season, and just .. wow.. WHY ARE THEY ALL ALIVE? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

My main surprises
- Lockon Stratos: he was caught in the damn explosion, Kaboom! Now from what I see, he survived it somehow, but with memory loss? Edit: Nevermind, it's his brother.
- Allelujah Haptism: He was drifiting in space with broken equipment and no life support the last time I checked.
- Setsuna and Graham Aker: they "poked" each other in the end and died. Now Aker's donning a mask and Setsuna got his hands on a gundam.
- Lasse - he blew up on Setsuna's back.

Well, besides that everyone's alive and well, I'm quite excited for episode 2, as this episode created more questions than answered:
1. Which side is Nena on? Obviously not with Celestial Being.. and she has that evil look.
2. Is Celestial Being under Ribbons now? It seems like it, but I don't like the look on Ribbons; he seems evil -.-
3. Connection between Ribbons and Louise? Man, I seriously wish she would end up with Saji and they live in peace out of this... they don't deserve to be in another conflict after what happened to them last season.
Oct 11, 2008 9:12 PM

Mar 2008
NVM

Great episode! :D i wonder how Alleluia got into some kind of asylum.
DaeScopeOct 11, 2008 9:18 PM
Oct 11, 2008 9:39 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Waaahhh! I really enjoyed it :D

I bet they did something to Louise, some sort of special training thing, and warped her. Saji'll encounter her at some point in the series, see what the "Federation" has done to her, and then all his irritation at CB will vanish.

What's interesting to me is, all that happened to Saji wasn't CB's fault in any way, shape or form. However, Graham on the other hand... And could we get him a hotter mask please xD That one he's wearing right now is freaky, lol.

Oh, and I don't think Setsuna got fugly at all. I like him ^^
Oct 12, 2008 12:12 AM

Jul 2007
gdavge2003 said:

My main surprises
- Lockon Stratos: he was caught in the damn explosion, Kaboom! Now from what I see, he survived it somehow, but with memory loss? Edit: Nevermind, it's his brother.
- Allelujah Haptism: He was drifiting in space with broken equipment and no life support the last time I checked.
- Setsuna and Graham Aker: they "poked" each other in the end and died. Now Aker's donning a mask and Setsuna got his hands on a gundam.
- Lasse - he blew up on Setsuna's back.

- Lockon as you said is a brother of Lockon.
- But we never seen him dead. He was inside a hermetic cabin and the only shitty thing happening to him was a console exploding and damaging his face/eye, "killing" Hallelujah in process.
- Setsuna and Graham - Both were still mostly in hermetic cabins, or hermetic suits. Setsuna's shoulder was damaged, while Graham got the consoles blown up to his face, hence the mask to hide the scars/hold_the_face_together.
- Lasse - Even he himself mentioned that it was practically a miracle. Of course, we never saw him DIE, so its not that surprising.

Overall,all of those who died - stayed dead.
Oct 12, 2008 12:22 AM

Apr 2008
I know what you mean, but heck, what sorts of people survive that. Yeah, they were still in the hermetic cabin, but the sh... aah, gotta remind myself it's anime =P. The thing is, they could have at least show these guys how they survived and ended up where they were.

Sigh.. I don't want Lockon's brother... damnit! Give us back the real Lockon =O
Oct 12, 2008 6:33 PM
Jun 2008
gdavge2003 said:
Well, I just finished the first season a moment ago, and it was great!

And then proceeded to watch the first episode of the 2nd season, and just .. wow.. WHY ARE THEY ALL ALIVE? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

whoa. someone on the same boat. awesome! i got season 1 mainly because i saw ep1 of s2 come out, and man - i'm really glad i marathoned the series.

the other 'deaths' have more or less been explained, but i'm wondering if chris and lichty are actually dead - especially after them popping up momentarily in the OP.

speculations?
Oct 12, 2008 6:42 PM

May 2008
Christina and Lichty are Dead for Good.

I find it ironic that someone is whining over a few characters surviving in Gundam 00 when they watch code geass, a show where people get shot up by Gatling guns and blown to pieces and yet survive.
Oct 15, 2008 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
gdavge2003 said:

Me too!! :( ... And poor Haro, he's mistaking Lyle for his partner Lockon.... oh well, I kinda like how they didn't make Lockon come back, 'cause it'll just be stupid. But they shot themselves in the foot by having Lyle (who has the exact same hairstyle, even though they don't see each other much) replace Lockon (and even take up his code name :( )

What I find weird/funny is how even though Setsuna has grown up (he looks so handsome now *_* ), he still fits into his old pilot suit XD Well, it looks like his old pilot suit, I mean, where was he supposed to get a new one out there all alone? How did he survive by himself and manage to maintain Gundam for 4 years? I'm guessing the side stories will explain that?
Oct 17, 2008 5:10 PM

Nov 2007
seems like with the first episode they are already setting up alot of conflict and such to be faced later on.

so good. it's so good.
Oct 26, 2008 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
good episode~
yuzukoOct 26, 2008 1:14 AM
Jan 26, 2009 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Things seems to have become pretty bleak in the last four years.

What the heck happened to Louise? She's almost as wacked out as Anemone, and that's saying something.

BEGINNER
Mar 29, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
great way to start a series, mobile suits fighting like that; now it goes to saji who is rescued by setsuna who has an outdated gundam, meanwhile loiuse is piloting a mobile suit. and lockon is found.
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 6, 2009 11:21 PM

Oct 2008
Greeeeeeat start for the second season. I seemed to saw a few tachikomas killing people...
May 28, 2009 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
So Louise is a pilot now and she almost take part in killing Saji. Will we maybe see A Louse vs Saji in a Gundam in the future?

And we got our mask man now in the face of Graham. It's like a rule that Gundam has to have a mask guy. Stupid mask though.
Jun 17, 2009 2:57 PM

Apr 2007
wow.
Lousie as a pilot, I wonder how she even got there. Saji and Setsuna reunion -> what will happen next. It seem Sumeragi doesn't know they started back with the CB's and she with, who looks like Katagiri.
And I have this feeling the Bear of russia, whatever his name was, was talking about marriage with Soma.

Graham looks like he should be in a dynasty warriors game or something with those clothes. All he needs is a helmet.
Tieria and Allelujah are alive. So, yay, I was worried about Alle. But he got captured?

Ah...wth, why did they show Lockon, Licthy, and Chris in the op/ending song? Lockon T_T Can't they give Lyle another name besides Lockon? jeez

Please, Gundam writers. No MarinaXSetsuna, I beg of you -_-

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Aug 5, 2009 11:07 PM

May 2008
Bring on the second season!
Jan 2, 2010 7:20 PM
Feb 2008
Well that was intense.

The art has gotten MUCH better (maybe that's a 1st episode thing I hope not. I hope the majority of the show looks this good)

Lockon? 2.0? WTF?

Lasse is still alive? FUCK YES that guy was a bro. But how? hmm.
Apr 7, 2010 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
MapleRose said:
gdavge2003 said:

Me too!! :(

I second
Jun 16, 2010 8:05 PM
Feb 2010
WTH happened to Allelujah? It looks like he's been captured or something! And it seems like Setsuna has been working with Exia alone for the past 4 years. Where did he get his funds from?

Jun 23, 2010 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Epic episode! Nice continuation to the first season - yay Innovators at last!
Aug 19, 2010 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
Oh hell yeah! Great start! *Goes to watch rest*
Aug 23, 2010 4:55 PM

Sep 2009
This could very well be the first series from Sunrise that will earn a 9-10 from me.

Edit: Scratch that, first season gets a 9. I can't wait to see how this one will play out.
PseudoJordAug 24, 2010 9:17 AM
Dec 24, 2010 8:38 AM

Feb 2010
Louise looks more mature, I think.
The appearance of Lockon is surprising. Made me feel like crying~

And it seems like a new federation is formed~ O_o
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Apr 27, 2011 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
I don't know how I feel about graham having a mask.

I mean I joked about it in the first season...but.
Seems cheap.
Jul 10, 2011 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
Just as S1 ended, S2 starts with a bang! Awesome. Loved how Setsuna kept on fighting alone as one of the last holdouts of the original Celestial Being using his busted Gundam Exia. Next episode is the debut of the titular Gundam of the series. Louise, what have you become? Also, everyone loves Feldt. =P
Nov 23, 2011 11:53 PM

Apr 2011
Looks like Celestial Being is gonna lay down some Celestial Beastings...again.
Nov 26, 2011 7:15 AM

Mar 2008
Feldt Grace! She is more kawaii than before! ♡♡ I'm so glad she is alright after all!
On the opposite side, Wang Rumi seems to be changed her hairstyle? Nooo...
Lockon Stratos v2... His brother that we saw in 1st season. Well, I want to see real Lockon too, but I guess its better than nothing. Maybe they'll make some claim that he shares memories with the original one or something, that's will be win! :P
Interesting to see Saji rescued by Setsuna... I though they will be enemies in 2nd season but is looks like it is possible to see Saji in Celestial Being's team... And only after some time he'll discover that he fights Louise... or maybe my imagination is going too fast here... Btw Louise doesn't looks really well. Does she got mechanical arm? And she takes pills to avoid its rejection?
Also it took some time to remember who is that Aion Rasse that was mentioned by Feldt Grace...
Oh, and where is Allelujah?
Anyway, very great start.
EndymionNov 26, 2011 7:18 AM
Sep 13, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
4 years later and Saji's life still sucks.

I knew Lockon's twin would be the next Gundam Meister, at least it seems that way.

And it looks like Sergei Smirnov went home and became a family man.
Sep 15, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
Season two looks good, the only problem I have is Louise being a badass all of the sudden. And how did she grew her arm back, I thought in season 1 the doctors determined that it as impossible.
Mar 14, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2013
Excellent start for the second season, this is going to be great. Louise's new role was totally unexpected.
Feb 1, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
Talk about an eventful start to the new season, so much was happening and it was all so very awesome. Looks like Saji's role in all of this is becoming more clear. The new OP is amazing and the ending really blew my mind. I'm already loving this continuation.
Apr 29, 2014 6:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
For a moment I was about to rant about why they bring Lockon Stratos back from the dead, and then I remember that he had a brother. Fine. Please no resucitating of dead characters please.

Saji who was basically a kind of pointless secondary character will finally get a raison d'etre in this second season.

I'm hoping for some of the same kind of goodness as the previous season. And a conclusive ending too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 30, 2014 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
I just love how Exia is introduced this season... missing and arm and half broke. One of the most memorable scenes of the series.

3rd time watching... yea... here goes the rest of my night...
Aug 10, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Man, this shit's confusing. So basically, the A-Laws are a military group ran by the Federation, which is essentially the entirety of earth? And there's some anti-federation group which is fighting back against the A-Laws, and Setsuna/Tieria were indirectly helping them? I have no idea who belonged to who in this episode.

The one thing that was awesome, however, was the necessary face off between Setsuna and Saji. And oh man, that was even better than I was expecting. Now I just hope it's cleared up for Saji that Setsuna wasn't involved with what happened to either Louise or his sister; with any luck, he'll encounter Nena and kill her.

Seeing Allelujah locked up near the end was both disturbing and thrilling, and I can't wait to find out what happened there.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 15, 2015 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
oh shxt so many surprises in this ep, so looking forward to the rest of the season.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jun 15, 2015 10:55 PM

May 2012
Wow. What an episode! Good thing I just finished watching season 1 and then continued directly with Season 2. What a starter....
Feb 4, 2016 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Louise flying Gundams? And everyone is just all over the place...good start.
Apr 18, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2016
Damn that was a good episode. This looks like a promising season.
Sep 2, 2018 8:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Damn, Exia with a cape and one red eye was cool af. I mean the cape part seems a bit unnecessary, lol, but it was still cool. So what was he doing for 4 years? Why didn't he go back to CB? Seems odd. Or maybe he was doing some undercover work. Still, would've been nice to let the others know. Once he's back at CB, he's back in action.

So the dude who looked like Tieria was really not Tieria, and is instead with Ribbons. And looks like Ribbons has connections with the Federation, and got Louise into A-LAWS? Like one of the guys said, it's really odd that she's a part of them. They really shouldn't let a person with PTSD pilot a mobile suit, seems dangerous not only for her, but for everyone else as well. She reminds me a bit of Stellar. I sure hope she won't be a Stellar 2.0.

As for Saji, I still think his anger is misplaced. But he obviously doesn't know who was responsible for killing Louise's family, and Setsuna would never give excuses since he did kill a lot of people. It's still worth knowing that he would never kill innocent people intentionally though... perhaps one day, Saji will know the truth. I wonder what role will he play this season. I'm happy to see that Tieria has changed a bit (due to Lockon's influence), even speaking for Setsuna, telling Saji that if it wasn't for Setsuna, Saji would've been executed.

So we get Lyle Dylandy, Lockon's Neil's twin. No wonder I saw two Lockon Stratos in the characters list. Looking forward to seeing what kind of person he is.

Nena, ugh. Sumeragi??? Also, Graham's mask sure looks interesting. Don't really want to see him as a "villain" though. Anyways, since we were shown a lot of things, I have lots of questions. Excited to see how this season unfolds.
Mar 29, 2021 11:35 PM
Mar 2021
Saya mau nonton anime ini
Feb 24, 2023 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
Awesome start that leaves so many questions, especially about Louise and ...Lockon?

Also, the Exia's damaged design is way cooler than it has any right to be.
Jan 8, 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
An amazing way to start a new season, a lot happened in this episode and I'm already full of questions and curiosity.
We see Louise fighting in a mobile suit, completely unexpected, i wonder when she and saji will encounter again.
So Celestial being continues to exist, even without Sumeragi (she was in bed with that guy of the first season)
Tieria and setsuna are alive, allelujah is locked up somewhere, and the federation seems completely oppressive.
The damaged exia had the best design i ever seen.
I'm so hyped.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.