Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2012 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
No problem with a level one character that actually looks like a level one character. Had to laugh at the epic fail of special move head butt. This looks like it could be an excellent show depending on how they handle character backstory and interactions.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 2, 2012 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
The fighting system reminds me of "The Money of Soul and Possibility Control."
Apr 2, 2012 9:55 PM
Apr 2011
lulz this is looking really good. ive yet to see the overall point of the anime but just based on the animation, the action, and the whole burst idea im really interested. the funny thing is i was just talking about this kinda game being reality within 20-30 years. really neat concept
Apr 2, 2012 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
Haruyuki looks COOL!! I can't fathom why he wouldn't like that form of his.
And damn he's HAWT!! Yuki-senpai and Chiyu are fighting over him! Damn hot sphere-man.

Still, so far so good.

Drazard said:
I have that feeling too.
[C]'s idea is more unique. But this is more entertaining.
Apr 2, 2012 10:40 PM

Dec 2011
Chiyu already have a boyfriend, so she need to back down. Sheesh that's why I hate childhood friend character, they always think that the main character is their properties.
Apr 2, 2012 11:28 PM

Oct 2009
Childhood friends NEVER wins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 11:50 PM

Dec 2010
Yanoflies said:
Childhood friends NEVER wins.

TRUE. XD
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 3, 2012 12:06 AM

May 2010
Done reading 10 chapters on Manga. I understand a lot about the features of Brain Burst Program and I say its awesome.

Kuroyukihime is so gorgeous and cute.I really can't get enough of her.

And oh, I found something so cute. This way of confessing, really ridiculous but most of all its so touchy. :)

iHeartTsugumiApr 3, 2012 12:09 AM
Apr 3, 2012 12:10 AM

Oct 2010
kisami said:
my only worry is that they will deviate from the story line on the last few episodes of this show.
A original anime ending is possible however a S2 of another 24 episodes would be better to finish it off then.
KaitoDash said:
Drazard said:
I have that feeling too.
[C]'s idea is more unique. But this is more entertaining.
Exactly and the consequences don't seem that bad yet. Remains to see how bad they do get once you lose.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 3, 2012 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
Haha, I laughed out loud when they censored the middle finger!
Im definitely looking forward to this!
Apr 3, 2012 12:35 AM

Nov 2010
iHeartTsugumi said:
Done reading 10 chapters on Manga. I understand a lot about the features of Brain Burst Program and I say its awesome.

Kuroyukihime is so gorgeous and cute.I really can't get enough of her.

And oh, I found something so cute. This way of confessing, really ridiculous but most of all its so touchy. :)

LOL, lucky boy. This shit's gonna be better than The Matrix, but just as good as Snow Crash.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 3, 2012 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
i find it pretty interesting the avatars are based on insecuritues.

short and fat = tall and slim

small penis = big motorcycle

rodac said:
No problem with a level one character that actually looks like a level one character. Had to laugh at the epic fail of special move head butt. This looks like it could be an excellent show depending on how they handle character backstory and interactions.
would be nice if the backstory was more than "I ate a lot"
Apr 3, 2012 1:45 AM
Oct 2010
I really hate this type of MC... Really, a guy that can't even apologize even when he has to, or sees two friends fighting because of a misunderstanding and just stands there aghast instead of making things clear... this guy sucks, he's as worthless as he says... and are we really supposed to relate to him? don't make me laugh.

But rant aside, the show is good so far.
traed said:
short and fat = tall and slim

small penis = big motorcycle
LOL, I wonder what insecurities could a cube with glasses have...
AjunkyApr 3, 2012 1:52 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 3, 2012 1:50 AM

Feb 2010
good start can't wait for more.
Apr 3, 2012 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
Ajunky said:
LOL, I wonder what insecurities could a cube with glasses have...
must be fat and round? or have a fear of rolling? xD
Apr 3, 2012 2:02 AM

Oct 2010
Ajunky said:
this guy sucks, he's as worthless as he says... and are we really supposed to relate to him? don't make me laugh.
I do, I was kind of like him but not as pathetic. Only thing to relate for me is that I was like him in shape, maybe not height.

Apr 3, 2012 2:18 AM
Apr 2011
Generally I enjoyed the first two episodes, but my only real complaint was the fact that he was so small, I mean he was barely taller than the toilet or was smaller than it.
Apr 3, 2012 2:45 AM

Feb 2009
Wait, isn't the special move only used for one time only and it can't be used again?
The novels said that they just brawled in the end and Silver Crow has that advantage since he's a close combat type. Eh, minor change and it has more impact in the end.
Though this might affect how specials can be used in fights.

Still not quite used to the animation and design of Silver Crow but the fight was great. The music is not a slouch as well.
I only got it this time why Kurohime said that she was rejected lol despite reading about it last night.
Looking forward to the next episode. Will read the manga meanwhile(novels still not translated fully)
Apr 3, 2012 3:10 AM
Jan 2012
Didn't really intend to watch this at all, but Hadena just shoved the preair in my face, so why not. Turns out this show's so far the most enjoyable out of five series I've seen this season.

I could nag about many things, cliches, character designs etc. but when these two episodes finished I wanted more, and I had a blast watching them. Now begins the long wait, gah.. :P
Apr 3, 2012 3:31 AM

Sep 2011
So far I'm enjoying this show. The MC is a nice change of pace, I mean the bullied weak kid is nothing new. But the fact hes short and fat, he actually dose look like someone that would get picked on in school. ( I'm sure their are other shows that have this but I haven't seen one yet )

I know its just a really small detail of the show, but it really stands out to me from some reason, lol. Also the whole .Hack feel, I really enjoyed .Hack, I even got the ps2 games here for it. Being a gamer my self I would LOVE a game system like this :-D
Apr 3, 2012 3:41 AM

Jun 2010
Epic, Epic, Epic. Good. Everything is perfect except the main character is a fatso.
Apr 3, 2012 3:59 AM

Nov 2010
We had fat guys who were in supporting roles, but when the last time we saw a fat protagonist?

Seems that 90% of male leads are always slim.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 3, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2008
Good second episode as well. I both hope and expect that this series is going to get darker, and I might even have a look at the LN.
Apr 3, 2012 4:40 AM

Aug 2011
Ajunky said:
I really hate this type of MC... Really, a guy that can't even apologize even when he has to, or sees two friends fighting because of a misunderstanding and just stands there aghast instead of making things clear... this guy sucks, he's as worthless as he says... and are we really supposed to relate to him? don't make me laugh.

i have to agree with you there... it's another typical scenario where he won't be able to do even the simplest of things because of his insecurities... except in battle of course.

His character had better develop fast or it'l be ruining what could be an amazing show.
Apr 3, 2012 5:04 AM
Dec 2010
I am so loving this
Apr 3, 2012 6:14 AM

May 2008
A special attack that does more then 3/4 life... This character needs to be nerved in the next patch ! badly -.-. Also since The biker guy is suppose to be weak without his bike , why not just pound him when he was off his bike and not give him a chance to get back on? Well the gaming system did seem interesting though.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 3, 2012 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
Ajunky said:

I don't relate to any MC when I don't want to.
I agree with you though. He sucks as a man. But in this case, I just consider him has an interesting character design.

greenmush said:
A special attack that does more then 3/4 life... This character needs to be nerved in the next patch ! badly -.-. Also since The biker guy is suppose to be weak without his bike , why not just pound him when he was off his bike and not give him a chance to get back on?

I know, right? That's just ridiculous.
Apr 3, 2012 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
greenmush said:
Also since The biker guy is suppose to be weak without his bike , why not just pound him when he was off his bike and not give him a chance to get back on? Well the gaming system did seem interesting though.

Because he's a pussy and his plan all along was to get him out of that bike, damage it and let the time expire. Might have been a good plan for a newbie but unluckily for him, the bike still worked.
Apr 3, 2012 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
Haruyuki's pig form is SOO CUTE! xD

This anime started quite good, but does anyone know why neither of the opening and ending was there? I was so exciting about that..

5/5 8/10
Apr 3, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
Drazard said:

I was just going to say that. "C" was an over complicated let down. I feel that "Accel World" is going to be the same as well; an over complicated system where players fight one another in a meaningless plight for more power. Except that there is really nothing to like about our protagonist. Haru is super short, mega chubby, and giga wimpy. I almost lost it when he threw the lunch Cute Cat-girl Chiya made for him.

Anyways, the characters aren't really drawing me in and neither is the plot. At least throw in some fan service. ugh! I'll give it another 2 episodes to convince me other wise before I drop it.
Apr 3, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2008
-Quasar said:
greenmush said:
Also since The biker guy is suppose to be weak without his bike , why not just pound him when he was off his bike and not give him a chance to get back on? Well the gaming system did seem interesting though.

Because he's a pussy and his plan all along was to get him out of that bike, damage it and let the time expire. Might have been a good plan for a newbie but unluckily for him, the bike still worked.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe your incorrect about the bike not working not being a part of his plan.

The plan was to simply damage the biker guy enough that he, the MC, had more HP/Life then to wait for the timer to run out to win because he had more overall Life. (Also what you stated.)

But when it comes to "the bike still worked" part, he probably did have that though out as well, thus running into a building where the biker wouldn't be able to ride his bike up to. That's where it backfires for him as the biker had previously leveled up and used a point on a new skill or whatever allowing him to literally just wall ride up. That's what ruined his plan, he probably already assumed the bike would still work but could not go up the building.

Though I do wonder why he didn't just beat him when he was down there.

Also seems he's getting hate on a lot... feels like another Guilty Crown thread.
PaulApr 3, 2012 9:23 AM
Apr 3, 2012 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
'If I can't believe in myself, at least I can believe in her words!'
smh dude have you had any idea how many times I've heard something similar in shounen anime before?

Anyway more Kuroyukihime please. I'm curious about her past.
Apr 3, 2012 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
I changed my mind. This isn't great, it's awesome.
Apr 3, 2012 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Also seems he's getting hate on a lot... feels like another Guilty Crown thread.
That's cause the creator also did GC if you look in the staff section.

Apr 3, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing, I got sucked into this. I love the idea of the show. Also Chiyu’s character is so cute!

So I didn't expect this to be so interesting, but it really surprised me. It's unique in its own way.

Also why all the hate for MC...? Making him fat and unattractive was good decision imho. This show can also be understood as a metaphor for what is happening in real life. Hime <3

That's all, Yumekichi11 already gave great analysis for this, and no doubt he will continue doing so, so there is no need for me to write too much...
Apr 3, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
No.
Yoshino is just the series writer who is also the writer for GC. The creator is Kawahara Reki.

As for comparisons to GC, aside from the above, Kaji Yuki who voiced Shu is doing Haruyuki here and both are beta leads.
/a/ even calls Haru 'Fat Shoe' though they call him Cartman too.
Apr 3, 2012 11:41 AM

Jul 2011
lol i can understand fat shu, seeing as how they both have the same VA but calling him cartman is going over the top, cartman and haruyuki are both fat and round but their personalities are total opposites lol XD
Apr 3, 2012 11:52 AM

Dec 2010
Good first two episodes; this episode was even better than the first, its got potential; will keep on watching, hopefully it gets even better. As for the MC i don't really mind that he is fat; i mean its different, tho i do agree with those who would say they went a bit far to put emphasis on how different he is; they could have just made him below average compared to the rest and it would have still had the same effect i think.
Apr 3, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
So far so good. And for some reason this reminds me of .hack, but with a faster setting. Hope it'll continue to be good. 8/10.
Apr 3, 2012 11:56 AM

Jan 2008
Uncanny said:
So far so good. And for some reason this reminds me of .hack, but with a faster setting. Hope it'll continue to be good. 8/10.

Wait for Sword Art Online... same creator as Accel World but with same music as .hack. Another MMO/Game world Anime.
Apr 3, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2011
Great first two episodes. So glad it's 24 episodes. Sad they censored the middle finger at the end when the guy on bike called him a baka. If I had to pick a anime it reminds me of I would say the .hack series which is awesome itself hopefully Accel World can be the same way. 8/10
Apr 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2010
First 2 episodes are awesome hope it doesn't disappoint. If this series is really faithful to the LN then we'll get more than just 24 episodes.
Apr 3, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2011
pretty cool anime im liking where things are going, i have to admit tho that girl (butterfly wings) is probs the prettiest girl ive seen in my anime career XD
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Apr 3, 2012 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
Now imagine our world in 28 years. (2040)

It would be awesome to live like this...

Who knows.....
Apr 3, 2012 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
First Impressions about Accel World episodes 1 & 2

Apr 3, 2012 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
Interesting show. I particularly like the biker and the butterfly girl.
Apr 3, 2012 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
greenmush said:
A special attack that does more then 3/4 life... This character needs to be nerved in the next patch ! badly -.-. Also since The biker guy is suppose to be weak without his bike , why not just pound him when he was off his bike and not give him a chance to get back on?
I know, right? That's just ridiculous.
NO WAY! They never did patch Akuma's grab from Street Fighter that does do the 70%. It's still better than the 100% sure kill before the patch. Still I doubt they will for this application.
belatkuro said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
No.
Yoshino is just the series writer who is also the writer for GC. The creator is Kawahara Reki.

As for comparisons to GC, aside from the above, Kaji Yuki who voiced Shu is doing Haruyuki here and both are beta leads.
/a/ even calls Haru 'Fat Shoe' though they call him Cartman too.
My mistake then but still a powerful staff member for his position. At least Haruyuki seems less bad than Shu. At least he looks more like me, while Shu is your average looking good young Tom Cruise.

Apr 3, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
i can't wait for the OP and ED, i hope they are good.~

and this was a good second episode! i'm pretty stoked about this series now and can't wait for episode 3 to roll along. and i bet our little MC never woulda guessed he'd have a slight cat fight over him. i like him. <3 he's adorable.
Apr 3, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2010
wow! better than the first episode! good stuff.

LOVED the headbutt fail lol
Apr 3, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
he he he an anmazing show
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.