Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 9, 2012 1:39 AM

Sep 2010
Valaskjalf said:
Wait a second. Irisviel is a homonculus ? :o.

It's been established since episode 3. She's the Homunculus dispatched by the Einzberns in this war. Aka
Jan 27, 2012 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode

I hope caster gets killed off in this last one
Mar 7, 2012 4:58 PM
Mar 2010
Interesting to see the ties to Fate/Stay Night in location and obviously the link with Saber.

Great dialogue between Gilgamesh and Kirei. Guessing the first series will end after the fight with Caster?
Mar 27, 2012 6:11 PM

Feb 2012
Gilgamesh: "Then you'd better find yourself a strong Servant if you're going to fight me."
*picks up his own piece*

Oh, shit.
Mar 27, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
Ahohime said:
This episode was kinda really boring with the whole episode consisting of dialogue... :/

I think you're watching the wrong show.
Apr 23, 2012 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, even better the second time I have to say. As far as I'm concerned that dialogue between Kirei and Gil at the end is easily one of the best directed scenes I've had the pleasure of watching in anime. Every thing from the use of Chess pieces to show the underlining meaning to Gil's words, to denial of his nature, to how the music used and finally how the episode ended with the shot of Gil's eye. Perfect scene.

As I said before, the scene with Saber and Irisviel going to Shirou's future home was cool as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 23, 2012 12:39 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was very interesting for F/SN readers. It sheds light on Kirie's actions in the 5th war and man I was just glued to the conversation. These last two episodes have been really good.
May 25, 2012 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Gilgamesh: "Then you'd better find yourself a strong Servant if you're going to fight me."
*picks up his own piece*

Oh, shit.

Kirei can't take a hint.
Another brilliant dialogue heavy episode.
Sep 12, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2011
The build up was freaking intense! Looking forward to the next episode!
Sep 13, 2012 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Hmmm wounder who will be Kirie servant.
Sep 14, 2012 2:24 AM

Mar 2009
Wonder what Kirei will do next.
Sep 14, 2012 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
So, he has to steal another masters servant to renter? Hmm....

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 16, 2012 3:08 AM

Apr 2010
That's the real Kirei from the VN, not the bland villain from the adaptation of Fate/stay night. And Gilgamesh stands as a noble King, who plans events in his ways. He already figures what could happen to Kirei and who is servant would be.

Iris is not feeling well, that's sad, I'd love to see her drive the car again.
Nov 21, 2012 2:28 PM

May 2012
Rather a slow episode with only dialogue though the end was rather interesting with the a new master in the game! Well up to the last episode of the first season!
Dec 21, 2012 5:21 PM

Nov 2009
so ... If I understand this right he plans to steal archer? Or atleast that is what archer wanted to have happen? I was sort of hoping for a new servant to be summoned tbh but I guess I don't mind too much either way.

Also recently occurred to me that they mention that the Holy Grail War is held every 60 years, was their a reason why in F/SN it was held so much earlier than that, I mean I can't remember their being one but w/e, anyways semi sad seeing this all go down. Also wondering where Shirou is, his father is Kiritsugu so did he just get abandoned?
Dec 21, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
so ... If I understand this right he plans to steal archer? Or atleast that is what archer wanted to have happen? I was sort of hoping for a new servant to be summoned tbh but I guess I don't mind too much either way.

Also recently occurred to me that they mention that the Holy Grail War is held every 60 years, was their a reason why in F/SN it was held so much earlier than that, I mean I can't remember their being one but w/e, anyways semi sad seeing this all go down. Also wondering where Shirou is, his father is Kiritsugu so did he just get abandoned?

It's impossible to summon a new servant in this war. Once the 7 servants are in the war that's all you get. If you are wondering about that in Fate/stay night you'll get your answer there eventually. As well, as about Shirou.

About the 60 yrs. thing that actually isn't answered until the Heaven's Feel route of the VN, if I remember correctly. Hopefully, someone can clear that up....but it would probably be best to just continue on until the end of Season 2. One of us Typemoon fans will more than likely help you there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 22, 2012 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:

It was stated in FSN that Kiritsugu adopted Shirou AFTER the end of the 4th war.
Mar 3, 2013 2:56 PM

Jan 2012
Most interesting. Assassin is dead, but Kirei is still in the game.

Mar 9, 2013 2:48 AM
Jan 2010
fucking saber
tailgating bitch
May 10, 2013 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
My initial impression of this series is that it definitely needs more Kiritsugu badassery.

Yes, definitely.

(Very cool so far though!)
Jun 11, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
hmm, what happen to Iri? I dont really understand.. :/

btw the assassin is really dead right? but why kirei get the master place again in the end? -_- a bit confuse about the conversation between kirei and archer in end of episode :/
Jun 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
hmm, what happen to Iri? I dont really understand.. :/

btw the assassin is really dead right? but why kirei get the master place again in the end? -_- a bit confuse about the conversation between kirei and archer in end of episode :/
Her body is losing its functions becaus eshe is becoming the Holy Grail.

Because the grail chose him again.That is all.
Jun 11, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
So the assassins where defeated for real. Lets see what Kirei is going to do next.
Jun 29, 2013 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
Archer is smarter than I thought . He completely analyzed Kirei's personality.

He also hinted that he want Kirei to steal him from Tokiomi.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 13, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, Archer makes a good anime reviewer. He said pretty much what I said in the previous episode disscussion: "they're all a bunch of mediocrities with utterly uninteresting reasons for seeking my treasure".
What I said was:
HATUL300 said:
Most of the masters motivations are either vague or uninteresting imo.

Lol, way to go Archer!
It wasn't a bad episode though.
HatulJul 13, 2013 12:42 AM
Jul 25, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
Lots of talking.
Not bad, just not as interesting as last episode.
Aug 9, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
A very smart dialogue between Archer and Kirei.

Why do I have a feeling that Kirei's desires involve children. Oh right. He's a priest. jk xD

5/5

Oct 4, 2013 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
cantius said:
It wasn't EPIC at all.

Clearly you don't like smart dialogue. That's ok.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 10, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Even though I knew that Gilgamesh was gonna end up with Kirei sooner or later (from F/SN), I still had a little hope that Kirei will just disappear :/
He is just so uninteresting. All that bullshit Gilgamesh brought up about him wishing that he would be able to find his wish or whatever was just ridiculous.
Oct 13, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2007
RazielZero said:
All that bullshit Gilgamesh brought up about him wishing that he would be able to find his wish or whatever was just ridiculous.

Why is that?

Kirei represents the worst of apathy of humanity that Gilgamesh sees in this era. Kirei finding reason to exist and finding why he exists would equal to Gilgamesh finding out answer to humanity's futile existence.
Oct 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
The interaction between Kirei and Gilgamesh was well done. Kirei didn't consciously know that he desired Kariya's suffering but Gilgamesh helped him see that this was in fact the case. Kirei either truly wasn't aware or was suppressing it his whole life
Either way, it's kind of nice to see that he was in fact this way before he becomes really jaded in F/SN.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 3, 2013 11:54 AM

Jul 2007
phantom19 said:
The interaction between Kirei and Gilgamesh was well done. Kirei didn't consciously know that he desired Kariya's suffering but Gilgamesh helped him see that this was in fact the case. Kirei either truly wasn't aware or was suppressing it his whole life
Either way, it's kind of nice to see that he was in fact this way before he becomes really jaded in F/SN.

He is not jaded. Kirei and Shirou both are essentially sociopaths, that are unable to FEEL, but presented by different ways they can feel emotions - Kirei from malice, Shirou from noble deeds.
Feb 4, 2014 3:11 PM

May 2013
Excellent episode as always.
Mar 5, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
The dialogue between Gilgamesh and Kirei was very fascinating. It seems Gilgamesh has planted seeds of desire into Kirei's mind. He mentioned that he'll need to steal another servant if he hopes to take on the King of Heroes. My guess is, since he's already fascinated with it, he'll try to take the Berserker. Hard to believe the first season is almost over, this is too addicting.
Mar 5, 2014 10:14 PM

Aug 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
The dialogue between Gilgamesh and Kirei was very fascinating. It seems Gilgamesh has planted seeds of desire into Kirei's mind. He mentioned that he'll need to steal another servant if he hopes to take on the King of Heroes. My guess is, since he's already fascinated with it, he'll try to take the Berserker. Hard to believe the first season is almost over, this is too addicting.
Look at the chess piece Gilgamesh was holding at the end.
Mar 5, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Maybe it's only really obvious to those of us who read Fate/stay night?

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 5, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2009
insan3Spectre said:
ssjokg said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Maybe it's only really obvious to those of us who read Fate/stay night?

Maybe but the only thing that is missing is a giant neon sign saying "Pick me,PICK ME".
Mar 30, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
hmm I wonder why Kirei dislikes Kamiya's motive the most. I mean, its naive and desperate, but he is trying to help someone. Its a bit narrow minded though considering if he really did win the grail he could help many people with a particular wish.

what a shallow view of happiness Gilgamesh has: Entertainment-pleasure-happiness? Many things can bring pleasure besides entertainment, for instance: learning or relationships.

Also I'm also morbidly curious about the fucked up version of Christianity Kirei subscribes to.
DaydreamHeroMar 30, 2014 9:38 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 31, 2014 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
Thund3r1 said:
hmm I wonder why Kirei dislikes Kamiya's motive the most. I mean, its naive and desperate, but he is trying to help someone. Its a bit narrow minded though considering if he really did win the grail he could help many people with a particular wish.

what a shallow view of happiness Gilgamesh has: Entertainment-pleasure-happiness? Many things can bring pleasure besides entertainment, for instance: learning or relationships.

Also I'm also morbidly curious about the fucked up version of Christianity Kirei subscribes to.

Kirei doesnt dislike Kariya's motive.How did you reach that conclusion?But every san eman would understand that death would be a salvation for someone like Kariya.

For some people learning IS entertainment.

The Catholic Church.But it isnt the Church's fault he is like this.
And many Christians,including leading figures were fucked up without having Kirei.Kirei at least KNOWS what is right and wrong.
Mar 31, 2014 4:36 AM

Jul 2007
Thund3r1 said:

Kariya is insane guy ridden with worms who is barely able to discern reality from insanity. Death is an escape of that

Gil comes from civilization that had spaceships, nuclear missiles, alien weaponry and was lightyears away from our civilization in terms of technology. Learning is part of entertainment for him.

Kirei is part of christian church but he doe snot have a belief of christian church. He does not have a "belief" period, because that would imply identity and void people(read: sociopaths) do NOT have identities. If anything, Kirei has an advantage of an outsiders view into human emotion and human bias, because right and wrong are not something that depends on his feelings, since he has none.
Mar 31, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
Fai said:
Thund3r1 said:

Kirei is part of christian church but he doe snot have a belief of christian church. He does not have a "belief" period, because that would imply identity and void people(read: sociopaths) do NOT have identities. If anything, Kirei has an advantage of an outsiders view into human emotion and human bias, because right and wrong are not something that depends on his feelings, since he has none.

what the... I gotta stop asking questions to avoid spoilers.

Kirei's something a little different than a sociopath. I believe sociopaths don't have empathy but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have emotion. To be nearly emotionless/ have a great deal of difficulty recognizing ones own emotions is something different, although, he could still be a sociopath on top of that. I can't quite tell at this point.

ssjokg said:
Kirei doesnt dislike Kariya's motive.How did you reach that conclusion?But every san eman would understand that death would be a salvation for someone like Kariya.

I get that death would be a relief Kariya. I believe Kirei said something like 'In a sense Kariya has the most dispicable motives out of the 5' or something like that
DaydreamHeroMar 31, 2014 10:01 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 1, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2009
Thund3r1 said:
Fai said:
Thund3r1 said:

Kirei's something a little different than a sociopath. I believe sociopaths don't have empathy but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have emotion. To be nearly emotionless/ have a great deal of difficulty recognizing ones own emotions is something different, although, he could still be a sociopath on top of that. I can't quite tell at this point.

ssjokg said:

I get that death would be a relief Kariya. I believe Kirei said something like 'In a sense Kariya has the most dispicable motives out of the 5' or something like that

Not spoilers.
Something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana is part of the myths about ancient civilazitions having alien tech.

Fai doesnt mean that Kirei has no emotion.He means that he is able to see things with less bias than ordinary people because he doesnt depend on those emotions.

In the novel it says the "most ordinary".I dont know if the anime subs"vulgar and banal" are are too liberal or if the script was changed to include his opinion about Kariya's goal in comparison with a true magi's goal.
Apr 2, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Not spoilers.
Something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana is part of the myths about ancient civilazitions having alien tech.

Also :
Fate/Extra

A VERY big reason on why Gil does what he does in F/0 and FSN is because

Thund3r1 said:

Its not directly stated, but it is heavily implied that most of the "ancient alien" myths as far as Gil's civilization is concerned - were true.

There are different degrees of sociopathy and yes, Kirei does not exactly "fit" that description.

He recognizes emotion in others, he simply can't quite "feel" them for himself or for others and it is essentially what is tearing him apart psychologically, so he studies and imitates others.

However not "feeling" them also allows him to look at those said emotions with a somewhat clear head, because he finds them fascinating.

as ssjokg said, bad choice of words.

What is meant to say is that Kariya's motive is the furthest removed from usual magi goals.
Apr 18, 2014 5:35 AM

May 2013
If assasins dead why cant kirei summon a new servent
Apr 18, 2014 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
_DoctorWho_ said:
If assasins dead why cant kirei summon a new servent
Because the summoning used mana that was collected for the last 60 years.
Apr 29, 2014 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
That was such an epic episode!!!
May 7, 2014 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
1. Very dialog heavy. Looks like archer helped kirei find his joy

2. I thought if ur servant dies, ur out of the game…

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 22, 2014 8:26 PM
Jun 2013
Heyyyyyyyyyy I remember that house.Oh poor iris must suck to have to shut a part of your body down.Wait what the hell I thought you could only be picked once? Also its clear that gil wants kiri to kill his master.
May 22, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:
Wait what the hell I thought you could only be picked once?

No one said any such rule. As long as you have a servant, you are in the war. Its not even about "being picked", all that it takes to enter the war is correctly summoning a servant when grail is active. And all that it takes to stay in the war is having a servant contracted to you.
May 23, 2014 7:37 PM
Jun 2013
Fai said:
souledge94 said:
Wait what the hell I thought you could only be picked once?

No one said any such rule. As long as you have a servant, you are in the war. Its not even about "being picked", all that it takes to enter the war is correctly summoning a servant when grail is active. And all that it takes to stay in the war is having a servant contracted to you.

So basically if you can steal someone elses servent while you have the mark your good.
souledge94May 23, 2014 7:58 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
2 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.