Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2011 5:40 PM

May 2009
I love Merry's key powers, SHE'S AMAZING!
Feb 11, 2011 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Another great one!,John Doe show me whats under your mask now!!.
Feb 11, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
awww.. Merry cares alot about Yumeji
Feb 11, 2011 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
The teacher = Elcres, it was quite obvious.

Treesea = blonde guy, it was quite obvious too.
entropy13Feb 11, 2011 8:31 PM
Feb 11, 2011 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
entropy13 said:

Could be, that's what I was thinking.
They did give each character exceptional amount of time.
I suppose the directors want to make it so the viewers don't suspect them.
Therefore, at the end giving a huge twist.

Episode was so cute :3
Feb 11, 2011 11:18 PM
Dec 2007
mljato said:

But I was kind of irritated by John Does actions…I hope for some explanations later on…
He didn't elaborate much on that point, likely to keep his intentions hidden, but he confessed he fell for the same trap everyone of his peers have fallen for. Meaning he was attracted by the beacon and tried to grab a vessel. Apparently watching through Yumeji's eyes have apparently made him realize he would only trap himself on the other side. Most likely he has other intentions which do not include helping someone else take over people.

Feb 11, 2011 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
mljato said:

But I was kind of irritated by John Does actions…I hope for some explanations later on…
He didn't elaborate much on that point, likely to keep his intentions hidden, but he confessed he fell for the same trap everyone of his peers have fallen for. Meaning he was attracted by the beacon and tried to grab a vessel. Apparently watching through Yumeji's eyes have apparently made him realize he would only trap himself on the other side. Most likely he has other intentions which do not include helping someone else take over people.

Most probably he wants to somehow get into the same situation as Merry, in Reality but with no vessel.
Feb 12, 2011 12:28 AM
Jul 2010
ClementIV said:
Wow this was far more interesting than the previous episodes combined. Now I'm really getting into the story. Now I'm more suspicious of the people around our main characters. It things get as interesting as this episode made them, I hope that a second season is just around the corner.

Totally. I thought the same. I wasn't much into this anime until now but this episode got me really interested. Oh, that and the fact that Yumeji is one of the best male leads ever.
Feb 12, 2011 12:32 AM

Dec 2009
From what I have read in the manga, it seems like that part of the talk with Chaser John Doe set up an anime original character and ending. I know they can't do to much since the manga isn't far enough, so they will probably say the main plot stuff to season 2.
Feb 12, 2011 1:16 AM

Jun 2009
I've made up my mind THIS SHOW IS AWESOME...
Yumekui Merry is starting to rock and showing how awesome it can be especially with all those new villains introductions it set the premises for our story and made some points clear yet it post new questions mysteries and offered new entrainment that touch the viewers, that just makes you can't get enough of it. It has many cool things that I so missed from nowadays shows.

One of my favorite scenes was Neko maids.. That was really a Total Win, its a nice treat from the anime directors.. Heck even Yumeji looked like a real badass in that scene.

Feb 12, 2011 5:09 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, my previous post disappeared! T_T

Anyway, great, great episode this was. Yumeji was quite heroic with his whole jumping in front of Merry. Now I finally understand that humans can get injured in the dream world, but it'll be a spiritual wound and won't be noticedable on the human's actual body. Still the pain remains and can only be cured by strong thoughts. Really wonder what kind of powers awakened in Merry when she got angry. Even her irises went all purple. As someone already stated in this thread; I also think Merry is some sort of gatekeeper (hence the key chains), who entered reality at the same time Elcres did and she therefore has special powers and doesn't need a host body.

Speaking of bodies, my body was not ready for the neko nurses. Neither was it for Merry's ultra cuteness. Her weeping over Yumeji and especially the hug in the end was just too good. Wish I was in his place! >w<

John Doe also makes for a good semi-villain. Good to know he's actually neutral though and merely an ally of truth. Cant wait for the next one so I can learn more about Merry's back story! =D
OnyxthegreatFeb 12, 2011 6:28 AM

Feb 12, 2011 7:59 AM

Dec 2010
JOHN DOE IS MOE <3 XD
Feb 12, 2011 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
have anyone noticed that chaser mask is more like face
it changes expression during his conversation with Yumeji
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5971/chaser.png
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/338/chaser2.png
unorfindFeb 12, 2011 2:47 PM
Feb 12, 2011 9:58 AM

Jul 2010
unorfind said:
have anyone noticed that chaser mask is more like face
it changes expression during his conversation Yumeji
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5971/chaser.png
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/338/chaser2.png
You're right, I noticed that too. I think it really is his face! xD

Feb 12, 2011 10:07 AM

Sep 2009
John Doe is a pretty cool guy.
Feb 12, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2009
A lot of explaining and Merry goes shounen - release my hidden power with rage - on us.

Indeed was a very good episode.
Feb 12, 2011 11:58 AM

Jun 2008
Neko nurses. Every hospital should be equipped with them. I have to approve of John Doe's taste.

Anyway Merry kicked some ass but the mystery of who she is and how does she have so much power is still unanswered.
Now we have three suspicious persons. The creepy blond guy(that guy was creepy from the start), the teacher(this guy was strange from the start) and the red hair girl(she is strange but for some reason she doesn't seem evil to me). The problem is who is who.

Anyone else thinks Yumeji needs some kind of weapon so he can be able to fight too?

Obligatory beach episode next week so we have to wait a little longer for the plot to continue. Unfortunately the cat girls probably won't be part of the beach episode.
Feb 12, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
Victory to the John Chasers cat nurses who helped Yumeji with his injuries, Also Merry's power sure seems like something special that cannot be stopped easily. Really want to see the beach episode, i wonder what's going to happen...
Feb 12, 2011 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
The beginning of the episode was so awesome! Hopefully next week's beach episode is not a waste of time and they put actual story stuff into it.
Feb 12, 2011 9:09 PM

Jun 2009
Drama is unconvincing but it was a descent episode.
Feb 13, 2011 12:34 AM

Jul 2009
So THAT'S where Index's budget went.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 13, 2011 4:03 AM

Feb 2010
Merry in school swimsuit. *drool*
Feb 13, 2011 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
John Doe really confused me in this episode. Also, Dream demons = Muma ?
Feb 13, 2011 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
The whole show was for me until this episode just average. However after this episode I think of it as just awesome. I wish there were more shows lik this one.
Feb 13, 2011 8:52 AM

Oct 2010
I really regret not watching this episode twice. Merry was so over 9000 it was amazing! Drama revolving around Yumeji and his wound were perfect. They played on my emotional state about its direct effect on Merry’s sadness, which in turn affected me because I feel head over heels in really liking Merry. She is really a great character so far to me this season. Second best thing to elaborate is “John Doe” aka Chaser and now Chaser of Truth. He made not only a huge plot opening officially with Phalos but another arc opening about Mistorteen “The Sea of Trees”. Looks bad news to me that person. Merry really melted some viewers hearts with the following,

really superb well chosen as both art and how it reflects that moment. Now to elaborate on what I think Merry powers really might be.

About Merry Nightmare, I believe those keys with shackles she suddenly manifested is what really Phalos is after to have ultimate power. Doe did say that there was one person who opposed Phalos and got ejected into reality. I suspect Merry did and she stole those keys. Those keys are incredibly deadly. They broke with ease and many swords of Engi. Not to mention when Engi said her swords regenerate through the moon, which she should have never mentioned, Merry was not only able to break that moon but literally destroy that dream world itself along with Engi in it. She most likely escaped but this where I refer to Merry mentioning about, a sudden bright red then a white purification around this part. I would assume red could be destruction and white may be purification of all opposition. Furthermore When she activated those keys, clearly it looked like a door was opening behind her of perhaps light. Merry not only had to just swing those keys to make its energy out pour she was so bad attitude and all. I would not blame her after seeing all the blood of Yumeji and cut he had. She really is connected with Yumeji more than ever as proof of this episode and what a beautifully rendered artistic sad Merry to show all this bond with her and Yumeji.

Merry suggesting to Yumeji riding the Merry taxi around this part, was a good laugh. Her blushing was cute as well as a smile at the same time as the blush. I liked how the
bed scene with a overview of Merry shows a feeling of Merry’s worrying in purity. Merry’s
crying really was shown in more of a way to sympathize with her but I though the color used was reflecting it best of all in pure white. Merry’s fang is what makes her more appealing as much as it does the job fine in Madoka with Kyouko and Rin in IS. The heartwarming reunion and all is well was great. Merry really showed a outburst in both power and her emotions. Kudos to that big time.

About John Doe aka Chaser now Chaser of the Truth, Doe is the second most important key in this episode and it’s about damn time to see him back. I missed personally even though he left a sour impression at first. No matter how you look at John Doe in the spoiler
he is bad to the bones with that mask but make no mistake his change of heart really baffled me as to how he changed suddenly towards Yumeji but for one I think he recognizes Merry being the owner of Yumeji as a vessel although it’s not like that and he might be hinting at Merry being the one who rebelled against Phalos, which brings me to his background information that is a amazing revealing that gave this series a breath of excitement. He says he is some kind of person that made a light beacon to lead many Mumas into reality but I find it more interesting the red light mention. It looks like the same one as Merry so maybe Merry did steal that power from him. In the spoiler
this Phalos guy is bad news! He looks like some dark knight was a scary smile/mouth with sharp teeth. He looks to have some weird constellations that form in his dark form legs and most of all the Lighthouse around him is red, a similar color to what Merry mentions.

One thing still baffles me though, what was with the reference to Engi’s sister? Is he like her in disguise or what? No seriously he mentions that he was drawn by the light and Engi’s sister is right there so if 1 (being his fault a little for that wound) + 1 (all the reference to Engi’s sister) does not = to John Doe being Engi’s sister but hiding under that appearance? Other things he was cool with is his wine pouring, he got style; he also enough style to use some tools such as that TV to spy on Yumeji around the dream dimension. Not only does he have style but taste in knowing what we here like about girls. Everything about them in spoiler
from licking their paws to each being one of delicious DFC and the other big breasts made it great for some minor fan service. What’s interesting is that they used some sort of gelid apart from the bandage. Wonder what it is exactly from? They sure gave Yumeji the nice treatment and they have zettai ryouiki. There was also briefly some nice animation of the dead fish. John’s mention of “The Sea of Trees” near the end was what was fearful sine Phalos was compared much to Hercules, is “The Sea of Trees” may be as powerful as Phalos himself then the enemy may be insane should it next appear and I fear it that it may be Takateru because of his behavior this episode, more specifically his eyes. Anyways heck yeah John Doe! He healed Yumeji,
Rest in spoiler

About the preview, oh joy the usual beach episode with what looks like Mei dominating with her breasts the fan service already. Wonder who is the middle guy.
Oh my, Merry is back as the maid. Better yet, Merry in school swimsuit? Now that’s another level of Merry fan service. Incredible episode really, most likely I find this one to be the best so far, it was emotional as well exciting and keeping you at the edge of things so to say. Hope some questions of mines can have answers. Best episode in this series for me.
Yumekichi11Feb 13, 2011 10:05 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 13, 2011 10:21 AM

May 2009
Zleep said:
entropy13 said:

Could be, that's what I was thinking.
They did give each character exceptional amount of time.
I suppose the directors want to make it so the viewers don't suspect them.
Therefore, at the end giving a huge twist.

Episode was so cute :3

The teacher = anime-original character, so I don't think so.

Blonde guy = Treesea is an anime-original character, while the blond guy isn't, so if they're planning on continuing the anime later, they won't do something stupid as writing out one of the characters of the manga.
Feb 13, 2011 2:15 PM

Sep 2009
I thought that that was a pretty cute episode. I liked Merry's concern over Yumeji and that John Doe guy seems pretty interesting after these revelations. :U Though the next episode looks like it'll be very fanservice-y I'm still looking forward to it. o uo
Feb 13, 2011 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
don't really know what to say

for one i'd love to see those nekomaids again. and a omake of john doe switching mask between conversation.

merry kicked ass.
merry: destroys sword
play: ha, i can make infinite amount of swords as long as i have moonlight
merry: destroys moon
LOL

the random art style change is getting to me though. once in a while is unique; often makes it repetitive
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Feb 13, 2011 9:02 PM

Sep 2009
good ep, its getting interesting

ahhh i want cat girl service xD
Feb 13, 2011 10:24 PM

Nov 2010
Ya'know, i've only seen one dream demon that i thought was bad, and that's the one that was trying to posses the little kid.

John Doe is legaly awesome
Feb 13, 2011 10:34 PM

Feb 2011
Just to note, does anyone else think that John Doe is a retarded name?

This eps wins!

Merry = win (more than before)
Yumeji = finally manning up
John Doe (pronounced DUUUU) = new level of cool with his medic kitties
Feb 13, 2011 10:50 PM
Dec 2007
Kurowen said:
Just to note, does anyone else think that John Doe is a retarded name?

This eps wins!

Merry = win (more than before)
Yumeji = finally manning up
John Doe (pronounced DUUUU) = new level of cool with his medic kitties
He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.

Feb 13, 2011 11:32 PM

Feb 2011
Leon-Gun said:
]He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.

Agreed.
Feb 13, 2011 11:36 PM

Oct 2010
Kurowen said:
Leon-Gun said:
]He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.
Agreed.
But that's proves in my section about John Doe that he may be Engi's sister, maybe her looks are not anymore of what she was. I do think the scene of Engi's sister was shown in a distant past.

Feb 14, 2011 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
This anime is great except for one thing... the soundtrack is horrid.
Brings no emotion to the scenes and often times takes away its impact.
I'm highly influenced by BGM while watching any kind of entertainment.

And the music right now detracts greatly from emotional scenes.
Otherwise the series is quite good.
Feb 14, 2011 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, overpowered power-up for Merry? =P

prismheart said:
Haha, John Doe made the cat girls because he knew Yumeji would like them.

Found out more about the story, so this episode was good. We get some fanservice with the beach so it should be a good episode as well :)
Feb 14, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
Merry pulled a Piccolo
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 14, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2008
Merry's level-up was awesome!!
I'm glad Yumeji is OK!
I'm surprised to learn that the Chaser aka John Doe is an ally.

stevewiess01 said:
Btw, does anyone think Akiyanagi(the boy who just came to Yumeji to hand out a DVD) is Jukai Mistoltin (I don't know the exact spelling of his name), who is going to be the second antagonist character?

I think so too. It was funny how when John Doe was talking about him, he showed up at their coffee shop.

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the emotionless coffee-drinker chick.
Feb 15, 2011 12:10 AM

Nov 2009
Hopefully things start to heat up and get going, lol beach episode :B
Feb 15, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2010
Some pretty serious potential for the Big Bad there, I wonder how they'll fare against them. Loved the ending, they look good with each other. 4/5 because the pacing seemed a bit off, but otherwise it had some interesting elements in it.
Feb 15, 2011 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
Aurao said:
Wow, overpowered power-up for Merry? =P

prismheart said:
Haha, John Doe made the cat girls because he knew Yumeji would like them.

Found out more about the story, so this episode was good. We get some fanservice with the beach so it should be a good episode as well :)

Yeah so don't make Merry angry or she'll get you with her special powers, quite scary and I am wondering about those keys chains, maybe one of those keys can open the door back to the dream world. By the way so far I can't be so sure about John Doe I mean you can't tell if he's good or bad yet, but at least he gave the lowdown on the situation and also healed him.

Feb 15, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
So the nightmare that killed Serio in episode 2 was Mistoltine and from the sound of it I would say Mistoltine is a female.

Wasabi said:
Merry is probably some kind of gatekeeper of dreams with her keys and hax ability to collapse a dream demon's world.
That is a pretty interesting idea.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 15, 2011 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Merry was sooooo cute at the end!!!!
Feb 16, 2011 12:48 AM

Jan 2011
The fluffy scenes for the two especially at the end was cute.
The sudden flood of new plot information was kinda confusing though.
And the cases of Dream Loss worries me.
Feb 16, 2011 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
Nice Yumekui Merry got licensed!! Link from ANN
That's the second show Sentai Filmworks got it's license after Infinite Stratos from this shows...

Feb 16, 2011 7:20 AM

Oct 2010
dragon132004 said:
Nice Yumekui Merry got licensed!! Link from ANN
That's the second show Sentai Filmworks got it's license after Infinite Stratos from this shows...
That's good to hear. BD easy buy with subs instead of downloading but I think it's a good choice. It's not over ecchi and acceptable compared to let's say Seikon no Qwaser. That being said Wasabi's theory is not bad because it would invoke that Phalos like I said needs her to make his plan work. I am fearing the worst from that henchman that may be more powerful than him. Plot is getting better.

Feb 16, 2011 7:29 AM

Jan 2011
John Doe is very cool.
I think he maybe related with merry and have key about yumeji.
The world isn't beautiful,Therefore it is.
Feb 16, 2011 1:23 PM
Dec 2007
Siva said:
So the nightmare that killed Serio in episode 2 was Mistoltine and from the sound of it I would say Mistoltine is a female.

Wasabi said:
Merry is probably some kind of gatekeeper of dreams with her keys and hax ability to collapse a dream demon's world.
That is a pretty interesting idea.
She did seem to be a gatekeeper of sorts but she doesn't really remember her past and when she activated her power she wasn't even in control. Plus, John Doe hinted that Merry might have merely been dragged along when that other nightmare forcibly entered the real world.

Feb 16, 2011 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
This series isn't really grasping me by any means, but I'll see how it plays out. There is some potential.
Feb 17, 2011 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
:O Neko nursing. John Doe is more interesting than I thought :P
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.