Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2016 5:48 AM

Aug 2014
Its not that I'm a fan of Oberstein, but he do not deserve this hate, in fact it makes the anime more realistic and interesting, I like Anti-Hero better.
Great Episode.

Avenger-senpai said:
As much as Oberstein pissed me off this episode I really like his role in this series. He's the little devil on one of Reinhard's shoulder while Sieg is the little angel on his other shoulder.

Well said, the way you put this angel devil shoulder stuff is perfect. I agree.
Nov 27, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 2015
Good episode, ironically Reinhard acted more like the upper echelon he hated in this episode. As they say die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. ~~
Jan 4, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2014
I wasn't that fond of Oberstein before this episode, but now I'm definitely hoping that he gets sidelined at the very least. I'm also hoping Kircheis doesn't let this slide. What I do like though is the prospect of Merkatz joining Team Yang and bolstering their power.
Jan 17, 2018 4:04 AM

May 2016
The animation of Reinhard has changed his eyes and his hair in only some scenes that was the first time I disliked something about this anime.

Ansbach killed his own master by poison I would have preferred if Reinhard would
give him a pitiful death but yeah what ever.

I loved the fact that Merkatz didn't die he is a great admiral he was forced to join
that bastard's Coup d'état by threatening his daughter, now another great man will
join Yang Wenli that would be superb.
Sep 18, 2018 11:16 PM

Feb 2017
Merkatz joining up with Yang will be super interesting.
Nov 28, 2018 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
I honestly don't know how to feel about not hating Oberstein. In fact, I kinda like him and his ways. Sacrificing 2 million people is wrong still... but damn his idea was genius.

I hope this won't affect Siegfried's friendship with Lohengramm at all.
Feb 28, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Wow. I think it's my favourite episode of the series so far, I was really excited during the watch, there were so many memorable and dramatic moments. Witnessing the inevitable demise of the aristocrats was surely a pleasure, with even people from their camp realising how monstrous their deeds were. Every "betrayal" scene (like with Flegel and Braunschweig) had so much power and drama to it... Both of them practically went insane and were ultimately killed by their subordinates, for whatever reason. I certainly like that there doesn't seem to be some group of antagonists set in stone for the rest of the show, and I hope we'll see a lot of new interesting ones.

And of course this episode has a lot of progression regarding Reinhard&Kircheis relationship, even though they didn't even meet in person. Their characters and the means they see as justifiable are clearly different, you could trace it even since their childhood (recall the scene when Reinhard was beating a dude up with a stone until being stopped by Sieg). I also remember Annerose telling Sieg to keep Reinhard from stepping away from his path, I guess it's time to do this now! Just what are Reinhard's goals now? Annerose is saved, the arrogant nobility that didn't give a damn about the people is destroyed. What else do you need? Oberstein surely makes him more utilitarian than Reinhard should allow himself to be. I think the effect of showing aristocrats as bloodthirsty monsters could be achieved as well by just stopping the nuclear strike, lol. The mere intention of the nobility to commit such a strike says pretty much everything about them, right? I'm starting to wonder whether Oberstein plans to use Reinhard to clean up the nobility and than turn against him... It's very interesting to study this character's motivations, a lot can be speculated here.

P.S. I noticed that in the OP Reinhard's and Kircheis's images kinda slide away from each other (before uniting again in the end), maybe it's some clever foreshadowing, idk. So many speculations going through my mind now, just wow.

P.P.S. This episode didn't even have an OP. Suspicious.
St0rmbladeFeb 28, 2019 2:35 PM
May 30, 2019 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
I chuckled when the bad guy died lmao. Serves you right! SCHAMAMMIROCH!
Oct 28, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
It looks like Paul is using Reinhard more than Reinhard is using Paul

So some are defecting to the Rebels or Freedom Fighters
It'll be interesting when they see each other again someday
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
The portrayal of the wavering Reinhard was definitely done better in this version. He put in more thought and better arguments compared to the remake.

But the death of Braunschweig on the other hand was handled better in the new version.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2020 1:33 PM
Dec 2015
Such a dramatic episode, so much happened. I feel bad for Reinhard, he will have to live with those 2 million deaths for the rest of his life. Those deaths are unlike the other deaths that occurred during the war. The fault does lie with him, but it was somewhat out of his control. For all we know, when he went back to the control room he would have asked to help those people. Also, I'm glad Mercatz is going to live for another battle. He was too wise to just die like that. I think he will be a great addition to the Free Planets Alliance. I really hope that Kirchies can come to understand what happened.

Jan 28, 2021 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
eski514 said:
Merkatz joining up with Yang will be super interesting.

Yep. Am interested to see how much this comes back to bite lohengram
Feb 1, 2021 2:19 AM

Oct 2016
Episodes 18 to this one have many ups and downs, the conflict in the Alliance was very good to the most part but the war against the nobles was the lowest point of the first season, they were too stupid, the battles too one-sided and at times cheesy, even ridiculous, at least it ended with a BANG, this one episode was simply awesome and one can't help but love to hate that motherfucking Oberstein.
Feb 20, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
Aight, imma say it.
Oberstein did nothing wrong.
Apr 5, 2021 6:26 AM
May 2020
as they say "out with the old and in with the new"
May 4, 2021 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Braunschweig really went for it and nuked Westerland. Ansbach would be correct that Reinhard would have to execute Braunschweig in order to maintain power. Not to mention Flegel's pathetic "long live the empire"

Oberstein stained his hands for Reinhard's future....or did he stain Reinhard's hands (as a rumor reached Kircheis)

Merkatz plans to defect to the Alliance..

Oberstein and Reinhard's discussion on not preventing the nuclear annihilation of Westerland and Machiavellianism, absolutely brillaint.
Fortress_MaximusMay 8, 2021 8:05 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 15, 2021 6:23 AM

Jun 2020
nobles always bad lool
Dec 18, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 2020
To me, there is no one more loyal than oberstein.
Apr 6, 2022 7:07 PM

Dec 2007
i don't know what scene is better, the one in this episode of reinhard and oberstain confront, or the future kircheis and reinhard confront. that's gonna be intense.
i seriously though thinking oberstain didn't started being so shady from now, we saw it already couple episodes ago with that vikingy guy lol.

marketz is good man, hope we will see him again.

i'm glad my wish about flekel being shot came true.

but the last scene when anstach poison bonsuich was so funny.
"i'm gonna die honourably"
"yes, we already prepared that"
xDD

but most of all, it's seemed reinhard only made tons of enemies only in this battle, some went to phezzan, with that palpatin grand bishop thingy. and the FPA, that's currently have their own issues and from where i see it yang gonna be next ruler of the FPA without a doubt.
hope next episodes gonna be FPA, these last few episodes made me realize that reinhard vs nobles isn't that exciting, only in term of the politic issues. in FPA there's serious tragedy.
Apr 29, 2022 7:30 AM

Jan 2018
Wait wtf did merkatz decide to join the Alliance? He didn't seem to hate Reinhard did he?
Jun 13, 2022 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Boobsftw said:
Wait wtf did merkatz decide to join the Alliance? He didn't seem to hate Reinhard did he?

as someone who refused to give up, Merkarz was most likely gonna be executted by Reinhard
he doesnt really hate Reinhard, but more like he refuses to let the Goldenbaun dinasty die, an yes he is aware that he is thinking like an old fool
Nov 15, 2022 11:57 AM

May 2018
Braunchsweig took the easy way out dammit. It is hard to commit suicide but still, to be so pathetic to the very end...

Glad this stupid civil war is over. Time to see the Alliance civil war end next :D
Jan 5, 2023 11:57 PM

Aug 2018
Finaly the nobles are gone for good, seeing them attempt another laughtable attempt at military strategy agains't expert admirals was really a joy.

Merkatz escaping is best for him i'd say, wonder if he will be any good use for Yang.

Oberstein organizing a very cunning plan to make sure nobles nuke down westland can be viewed two ways for sure but it still feels really brutal and immoral, but at least nobles got exposed for good
May 24, 2023 3:25 AM
Dec 2021
decent episode, Reinhard was faced with a difficult decision and didn't give a decisive answer which leaves it open for future exploration. Siegfried is going to have a bust up. The last scene was beautiful, felt legitimately historic. 
Jul 28, 2023 9:05 AM

Aug 2020
This show is getting more and more overrated in every episode. There is not A story, only stories. Well, it's good for me however nothing justify 110 eps length.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
May 3, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.