Forum Settings
Forums

'Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku: Restart' Anime Announced

New
Jan 29, 2023 10:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An anime adaptation of the second and third volumes of Asari Endou's Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project) light novel, subtitled Restart, was announced at the Mori no Ongaku-ka Cranberry Gaiden: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Unripe Duet recitation drama on Sunday.

Hiroyuki Hashimoto, director of the original Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project) television anime, is returning to direct the new anime.

Lerche produced the 12-episode first anime in Fall 2016. Funimation simulcast the anime with English subtitles and dub.

Endou began publishing the action fantasy light novel under Takarajimasha's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! Bunko imprint in June 2012, featuring illustrations by Maruino. The 17th volume shipped last April. The series has a cumulative 700,000 copies of its volumes in print.

Pochi Edoya serialized the first manga adaptation in two volumes Monthly Comp Ace from September 2014 to October 2015.

Senbei Nori began a manga adaptation of the second and third novel volumes covering the Restart arc in April 2016. Kadokawa published the first volume in September that year.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English in June 2017 and shipped the 14th volume on October 18 last year. The 15th volume is planned for a February 21 release.

Synopsis (Restart)
The deadly game is back!

Once again, sixteen Magical Girls have been assembled for a high-stakes challenge. Every three days, their Magical Phone pulls them into an RPG-like simulation where they have to work together to fight enemies, solve puzzles, and earn Magical Candy to advance. A staggering ten billion yen reward awaits them at the end—but only for the players who land the finishing blow. With such a tantalizing prize on the line, it's only a matter of time before the girls turn on each other—and if their hit points drop to zero, a game over will be the least of their worries... (Source: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Wiki, edited)

Source: Official Twitter

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku: Restart on MAL
VindstotJan 30, 2023 12:09 AM

Jan 29, 2023 10:48 PM

Apr 2015
What? No Way. I really liked this anime, never expected more of it. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 29, 2023 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
Is this a spinoff, not sequel?
Well, one season seemed conclusive and what we has was quite good. I clearly remember it heving one of the best ED of 2016. Having more Magical Girl Battle Royale would be fun.

Jan 29, 2023 11:28 PM

Apr 2014
Piromysl said:

It's the sequel. The first anime is the adaptation of the first volume, while Restart is the second and third volumes of the light novel.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 29, 2023 11:31 PM
Jul 2014
WE ARE SO BACK
I hope Limited and Jokers are next
Jan 30, 2023 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
Piromysl said:
Well, one season seemed conclusive and what we has was quite good. I clearly remember it heving one of the best ED of 2016. Having more Magical Girl Battle Royale would be fun.
It has mostly new cast for obvious reasons but it is a direct sequel.
Jan 30, 2023 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
HOLY UNEXPECTED SEQUEL BATMAN

We're getting PFLE animated and voiced ! Even just that would be enough for me to watch it. I was resigned to never see animated the best character of this franchise; wasn't expecting that.
It's too bad that they're probably going to ignore the end chapter of vol 1 that they didn't adapt though. It would bring a lot more meaning to the whole new arc situation.

Jan 30, 2023 6:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Jan 30, 2023 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
Well, that's nice, I never watched this anime, and I thougth it had an incconclusive ending, but apparently that's not the case, and now it gets a sequel.
Jan 30, 2023 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! So ready for this
Jan 30, 2023 8:38 AM
Jul 2017
First Toilet Bound Hanako-kun and now this? Hell, even Classroom of the Elite came back. Studio Lerche seems to be reviving a lot of their projects recently. I can only hope they bring back School-Live one of these days 🙏
Jan 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Ooh! I remember this one. Good stuff. Glad to see it back
Jan 30, 2023 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely never expected to see this come back. Gonna have to rewatch S1 because I definitely don't remember shit lol. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 30, 2023 9:56 AM

May 2012
Good news

I love the first anime so much !!
Jan 30, 2023 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
Having had this franchise described to me as "JoJo of dark magical girls series" I'm somewhat interested. Although from the little spoilers I remember reading, the deaths of first season's cast remains unaddressed by
which is quite sad.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jan 30, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2009
Phlaryx said:
First Toilet Bound Hanako-kun and now this? Hell, even Classroom of the Elite came back. Studio Lerche seems to be reviving a lot of their projects recently. I can only hope they bring back School-Live one of these days 🙏
As much as I want to see another season of Gakkou Gurashi, people did not like the other two arcs of the manga. And sequel manga was pretty short and ended recently. So I doubt it will ever happen. 
Jan 30, 2023 11:57 AM

Jan 2016
Eyyyy lets go, more magical girls killing each other

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jan 30, 2023 4:41 PM

Feb 2016
I do not think Restart is as good as the previous storyline, but I like the anime and I am glad to see it getting a sequel.
その目だれの目?
Feb 2, 2023 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
Sequel with new casts eh, next gen sort of thing.
Feb 2, 2023 2:56 PM

Aug 2010
This wasn't on my bingo card, but neat how so many shows are getting new seasons.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 3, 2023 5:10 AM

Nov 2019
Genoard said:
Having had this franchise described to me as "JoJo of dark magical girls series" I'm somewhat interested. Although from the little spoilers I remember reading, the deaths of first season's cast remains unaddressed by
which is quite sad.

That's simply because Cranberry is rogue, she did that herself without the knowledge of Land of Magic
Feb 3, 2023 7:21 AM

Nov 2008
Noisrev said:
Genoard said:
which is quite sad.

That's simply because Cranberry is rogue, she did that herself without the knowledge of Land of Magic

Cranberry? Correct me if I'm wrong, but
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 3, 2023 9:31 AM

Nov 2019
Genoard said:
Noisrev said:

Although mutual Fav is still under Cranberry the examiner who's in charge of the selection test but technically they both are yeah you could say that they represent Land of Magic coz they work under Land of Magic but selection test isn't supposed to be a death game
Haunt88Feb 3, 2023 7:21 PM
Feb 3, 2023 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
Noisrev said:
Genoard said:

Although mutual Fal is still under Cranberry the examiner who's in charge of the selection test but technically they both are yeah you could say that they represent Land of Magic coz they work under Land of Magic but selection test isn't supposed to be a death game

And we're back to the point I made initially -
Feb 21, 2023 1:28 AM
Sep 2016
Yo, "Restart" is literally the best title in the franchise (Endou-sensei approved, Pechika is confirmed to be his favorite). Never have I been dreaming this adaptation would ever came after the 1st volume adaptation flops so hard. Let's just hope Hashimoto-san can redeem his blunders with "Restart".
Please do remember Hashimoto-san, DON'T YOU F*ING DARE DIVERGE FROM THE F*ING SOURCE MATERIAL AGAIN LIKE YOU DID IN THE PAST! You've tried once before, flops so badly, now we can just hope you've learned your lessons. If Pechika's greatness can't help you god knows what else will.
uncleqrowFeb 21, 2023 1:58 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 21, 2023 1:49 AM
Sep 2016
Genoard said:
Noisrev said:

Although mutual Fal is still under Cranberry the examiner who's in charge of the selection test but technically they both are yeah you could say that they represent Land of Magic coz they work under Land of Magic but selection test isn't supposed to be a death game

And we're back to the point I made initially -
They aren't left out from these mess actually,  The Magic Land is actually a huge mess in itself:
uncleqrowFeb 21, 2023 2:03 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
25 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
36 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.