Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the physical and emotional pain Kisara went through this episode...but luckily, she has Shuu by her side. Tbh, I think she's even lucky to be alive.

Seems Kisara's kiss with Shuu is the most sincere one she's given him since this anime started.

Sep 10, 2022 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
Kisara and Shu terminated their contract and Kisara forgot everything about Shu. And, they also needed to defeat Kanna. With only two episodes left, it would be too rushed to end everything within these two episodes. I really hope for the second season of this series. Two episodes are not enough to end this anime properly.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 10, 2022 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
With almost the complete loss of memories, it's clear that Shu's inability to think is affecting his decision-making, and Kisara being the one whom has all but ripped Shu of his memories past, she felt that by the slight of Shu's sister Kanna Ogata being another demon out to kill her big brother.

But an S-Class demon? Kanna is gonna be a huge pain to deal with, given Mikhail's intervention to help and exposing is action in the process, and with Kisara's dire situation of recovery, Shu feels like he already at his limit and holding onto nothing left but the one sole entity enclosing his sanity together, sealed with a kiss that he got much of his memories highlighted after first dealing with her initially.

And since then, Shu's almost used Kisara exclusively for the Demon Possessed eradications, even to the point of creating their own company to go against others for a demon-human collaboration to kill demons, that's all part of a contract, with the exception of that one rule that turned this into a kissing fiasco between the 2.

With the termination of their contract, Shu's memories are effectively given back to him, but Kisara suffers a memory loss in the process?

Kisara and Shu's kiss definitely felt genuine, and I think I know the reason why this is called Engage Kiss in the first place.
Simply put, it all started by that Supplementary rule overwrite.
Sep 10, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2021
This was a pretty good epiosde.

It was mostly focused on telling the story of how Shu and Kisara met each other and made a contract.

So in the end there it was Kisara who was giving away her memorieds to Shu, and now she is the one who lost her memories...
Sep 10, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2020
Just can't have a single minute without showing how big of a casanova dude was, right? Can see him nothing more than a scrounger though.

Anyways that memory loss baton has been passed down to someone else now.. who's even surprised.
Sep 10, 2022 10:47 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ayano has arrived with the helicopter and Sharon forces him on there against his will. Kisara told him to go but isn't in the best situation currently...
Kisara is caught up in the attack of Shuu's sister...
Kanna is now at the bottom of the ocean...
And Kisara is not in a very good condition also and is asleep.
Kanna has been ranked as an S-class demon!
Kisara wakes up and Shuu hugs her.
She makes him promise he will leave this city and not fight demons anymore though she knows he won't stick to that.
Shuu says he doesn't need any of his memories anymore and Kisara kisses him.
Ayano was pretty upset Shuu will be leaving and starts crying xD.
And...
It seems that Kisara is the one who now doesn't have memories!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 10, 2022 10:51 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 10, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2021
Shuu and Kisara in the past (at least i think so), interesting one.

Looks like this will also be an battle between demon vs demon, I'm sure Kanna will wake up from the bodem of the ocean.

Kisara over wrote an rule in the book so that Shuu didn't have to suffer anymore, I think she gave him all his memories back and now she doesn't even remember who he is.

Shuu wants to leave the city with Kisara but Ayano is against it and starts crying, because i think that Ayano has feelings for Shuu.

Well 2 episodes left until the final, interesting to see what it'll bring.
Sep 10, 2022 11:07 AM

Oct 2017
Did Shu just get his memories back? Kisara lost hers in the process though. Backstory was well portrayed. So what's gonna happen now?
Sep 10, 2022 11:11 AM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
Did Shu just get his memories back? Kisara lost hers in the process though. Backstory was well portrayed. So what's gonna happen now?

Uh ig Shu gonna try to give her memories back or something. Something tells me Kisara will have zero memories at the end again and when the game comes out the goal is gonna be like get her memories back.
Sep 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Nov 2011
You know, they were really making me hate Kisara more and more as this episode went along...but then that ending...Damn...crazy.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 10, 2022 11:19 AM
Jun 2021
Ok that ending scene really have the same vibe with "Who's Rem?"
HamehaSep 11, 2022 2:35 AM
Sep 10, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2017
Didn't expect Kisara to pull a sneaky one like that but now how the heck are they gonna beat Kanna. There isn't really anything that can stand up to her without Kisara. Unless they talk no jutsu her or something....
Sep 10, 2022 11:58 AM
Sep 2022
Kisara, my best girl for the year!
Sep 10, 2022 12:29 PM

Sep 2018
So now we know that right from the start Kisara intended this day to come, and she gives everything back to Shuu but leaves herself void of any memory of their time together.

I guess shuu isn't going to stand for that, so what will be his plan to defeat(rescue) his sister and give Kisara her memories back.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 10, 2022 12:39 PM

Feb 2018
So now that Kisara gave Shuu his memories back he'll have to find a way to deal with his sister on his own? Or will he get to make a new contract. Just not sure how she'll end up getting her memories back, since I'm sure they'll find a way for that to happen. Maybe the sister will be the key somehow.
Sep 10, 2022 12:45 PM
Sep 2021
Ok wow, didn't expect kisara to end her contract with shu...
Sep 10, 2022 1:02 PM
Aug 2016
Se pudo medianamente bueno a poco de terminar la serie, el hecho de que algo que se suponia desde el principio, osea de que shu podria recuperar sus recuerdos se vea realizado en este capitulo, solo nos deja la opcion de que la final se quedara con kisara, pero bueno, hay que ver con que nos sale A1
Sep 10, 2022 1:55 PM

May 2021
I laughed when they played emotional music and then showed us him having affairs with different women. But the ending was pretty unexpected. They have still got a S-class demon to deal with.

Sep 10, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
Surprise ending. Man, it was incest all along (although ig technically not because incest only applies to a certain extent... his bloodline should have progressed enough that they shouldnt be close enough in genetics to be considered incest). Tfw Ayano shouldnt know what he sacrificed at that time.
Sep 10, 2022 2:17 PM

Sep 2020
Is the memories being returned to Shuu or a reset? I totally didn't expect that ending, another cliffhanger!
Sep 10, 2022 2:34 PM
May 2020
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUIQQHJHKGkhbdskjfhkujahfkjahfklahfliasöjfoiajspflöjaw
Sep 10, 2022 2:47 PM
Aug 2022
it's a masterclass
Sep 10, 2022 3:44 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode! This series has been kind of a surprise so far, a nice suprise.
Sep 10, 2022 3:45 PM

May 2013
how kisara played the uno reverse card was probably the most satisfying moment of the entire show yet, even how badly he intended to treat her through his contract conditions it was still cute that he named her after the girl he had his first kiss with and lol they indeed are related even if very distant.
Then the whole situation becomes even more messy with kisara dissolving the contract and giving back all the taken memories cause she can't bear seeing him like that even that he would rather run away instead of saving his little sister he also seem to not remember anymore.
It all comes at the cost of kisara not being able to recall shu anymore same like him not remembering his family and motivation anymore before cause of too much being taken already.
I guess he will face kanna alone now but asmodeus will interfere, kisara will remember again after seeing her previously broken off horn and save the day literally last sec.
Sep 10, 2022 3:57 PM
May 2021
It's not often an anime can make me feel as much as this
Sep 10, 2022 4:11 PM
Aug 2017
The first thing Kanna did to Kisara was to find out from her memories all of Shu's sex partners and proceed to attack the girls that had a relationship with her onii-sama. My demonic little sister can't be this yandere.

If I were Kisara, I would have altered the contract to make regular sex compulsory for maintaining the contract.

Jokes aside, the Kisara of the past had already planned on how to save Shu when the time comes, which is why she altered the contract that allows her to return everything back to Shu when they become lovers (恋人) and kiss while interlocking fingers. She had only the purest intentions and love for him from the start. I have been saying ever since episode 4, "I don't mind, as long as I can be Shu's last girl." was a bluff to Ayano to stop her from giving up and get her to support Shu. When the time comes, Kisara will return everything back to Shu and he will be able to live happily with Ayano. This is the unconditional love in Kisara that Maruto has displayed.

Shu finally wants to quit, escape this city with Kisara and live happily ever after. A part of Kisara is ecstatic to hear Shu say that, but her true love for Shu would not allow him to be an empty shell that only chooses her because he remembers no one else, and so she tricks him into sharing a kiss.

A kiss to terminate her bond with Shu. I can only imagine the amount of bittersweet pain inside Kisara's heart as she gives her last kiss to the man she loves. Poor girl has always been used as a tool by Shu, and when she finally wins Shu, she chose to let him go. What a beautiful display of unconditional love.

I am a grown man, but this last scene is making my eyes go watery when I finally understood Kisara's intentions.

No contest at all, Kisara is the best girl.
Sep 10, 2022 4:14 PM

Jan 2009
damn Kisara cancelled the demon contract between her and Shu so now all memories of Shu are back to him but then Kisara forgets about everything about Shu now so the tables have turn
Sep 10, 2022 5:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Mikhail’s Soviet death laser ended up being useful after all by knocking out Kanna temporarily lol, and getting to see more details on how Shu originally made his contract with Kisara and the two of them arriving at Bayron for the first time was really cool, that’s a lot of information that once again expands this thinking plot lol. The best bit was definitely when Kisara changed the contract on Shu, changing the way the contract breaks and also the method of performing the ritual, being a kiss, she really played Shu there lol, those creepy eyes really put the cherry on top.

And that ending bit was wild for sure, Kisara gave Shu his memories back by breaking the contract but in turn made herself forget everything, that definitely hurts but I ain’t super upset giving I’ve always been a bigger Ayano fan lol, but I do hope she’s able to come back to her usual self without sucking Shu’s memories away again. Also Kanna going through all those sexy memories was funny lol, and damn the Sharon fanservice was nice since we saw more of her sexy time with Shu. I’m definitely looking forward to these last two episodes to see where this wild plot goes lol.
Sep 10, 2022 7:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Sharon's able to keep her leg suspended in the air with her hidden blade right by Shu's throat, but is also strong enough to press the blade against his neck with the utmost control; enough to have it pressed against the skin without actually cutting it. Dang

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 10, 2022 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
The twist at the end is unexpected for me. I though she just returned some of Shu's memory. But turn out she also wipe her own memory.
Daamn, can't wait for next week
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 10, 2022 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
this show loves to remind you of how much shu has sexy time with everyone huh i couldn't stop laughing it's like i get it , it was neat the first time to see how it casual they were about it then every important memory is mostly just that

Shu went from being a dirt bag to a empty shell of a character only for it to turn and around and be Kisara that was just a yandere into a shell of a character

not sure why they needed to shoehorn in some incest but anime
Sep 10, 2022 8:44 PM

Dec 2021
Unexpected turn of events, She returned her memories to shuu and now what her mind is blank?
Only 2 episodes are left and kisara is my favourite character so far in this series, something tells me that the ending will not be good for kisara....
I hope i'm totally wrong about this.
Sep 10, 2022 9:40 PM
Nov 2021
kakeguruitwinxx said:
Triggerfish124 said:
Surprise ending. Man, it was incest all along (although ig technically not because incest only applies to a certain extent... his bloodline should have progressed enough that they shouldnt be close enough in genetics to be considered incest). Tfw Ayano shouldnt know what he sacrificed at that time.

I think this one is widely misunderstood. He said "I have an ancestor who's half demon and half human" to which Sharon said "so your ancestor is the one who sealed that demon in the cave". His ancestor is the one who sealed Kisara, and not Kisara herself. Notice Sharon refers Kisara as the "demon in cave", as in full demon, even after Shu said his ancestor is half demon. They are not related whatsoever. Shu's demon mother just came into the picture around before Kanna's birth, replacing his real mother. Well, Twitter has gone intentionally misunderstanding this just to get an incest route though. The minds of some people...

Shu told blue haired girl that his father told him that he has a distant relative thats half demon and half human. He told the nun that his ancestor seduced a phantom that was causing a riot in a certain village.
Sep 10, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 2021
kakeguruitwinxx said:
Triggerfish124 said:

Shu told blue haired girl that his father told him that he has a distant relative thats half demon and half human. He told the nun that his ancestor seduced a phantom that was causing a riot in a certain village.

Hold on... so Kisara already has a child? So it's not that Kisara's related to him by the fake mother, but Kisara is his grand-grand-grandmother?

What? I doubt it. I just checked back to see if you were right and I misunderstood. I dont think thats the case. I forget why they stuck a sword through Kisara and left her there but I think they explain it somewhat. Its not like the storyline is perfect, the story shows Shu in the past and they had blue haired girl remark about his pact with the demon before she was even told. ig she didnt have to know it was memories but still.
Sep 10, 2022 10:00 PM
Nov 2021
kakeguruitwinxx said:
Triggerfish124 said:

What? I doubt it. I just checked back to see if you were right and I misunderstood. I dont think thats the case. I forget why they stuck a sword through Kisara and left her there but I think they explain it somewhat. Its not like the storyline is perfect, the story shows Shu in the past and they had blue haired girl remark about his pact with the demon before she was even told. ig she didnt have to know it was memories but still.

No I mean, I think I misunderstood and you were half right. I just checked again and the transcript of the conversation is:

Shu: I heard from my dad in the past that I have a distant relative who's half-demon and half-human.

Sharon: I see, so it was your family that sealed away the nameless demon inside that cave.

Shu: I didn't think the Abbey would catch on. In the story passed down in my family, it was a child born several hundred years ago when my ancestor seduced a phantom that was causing a riot in a certain village.

Which what I understand from this is: his ancestor (human) seduced a phantom who he then sealed in the cave (demon, and the only one who's in the cave is Kisara). This affair results in the half-demon child. Which is Kisara's child...? Can someone prove me wrong because there's no way best ship of the season just got Island-ed.

What Im getting at is Kisara is the half demon/half human that was left in the cave and was the child of Shu's ancestor and the phantom. It would make sense from the dialogue and the fact she only has one wing like Shu's sister.
Sep 10, 2022 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
Guess dating demons run in the blood
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 10, 2022 10:32 PM

Jan 2020
Tbh, I always preferred Ayano in this series until this episode. It’s a toss up now at best, because Kisara had the right intentions all along. I can’t say I saw this coming, but I did have a slight hunch that Shu might get his memories back, just not at the cost of Kisara not even recognizing him. It’s too bad that this is ending in 2 episodes because I think it may feel rushed
Sep 10, 2022 11:11 PM

Feb 2019
Wait so shuu got all his memories back and now kisara don’t know him? Ayano stans we won.

Also, MAL is now showing 13 eps but I thought it was going to be 2 cours? No way this gets wrapped in two eps

I was hoping we’d get more of a sharon sex scene flashback lmao
Marinate1016Sep 10, 2022 11:15 PM
Sep 10, 2022 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
kakeguruitwinxx said:
katsu044 said:
this show loves to remind you of how much shu has sexy time with everyone huh i couldn't stop laughing it's like i get it , it was neat the first time to see how it casual they were about it then every important memory is mostly just that

For real like. Up until "Ayano is ex girlfriend" it was cool. Then he lived with her before he turned 18 and Ayano's friend was like "didn't you break up with him because he turned an adult" like... And then he slept with Sharon not long after Ayano and apparently it wasn't just a one night stand but it was a pretty intimate relationship too. He poisoned Sharon through.... ugh... skip that and he's now pretty much with Kisara but still slept with Ayano (again). Then it's revealed he still loved Ayano (at least until like 5 eps in and at least in Kisara's POV) but he went and had relationships with several people LMAO. And Kisara is named after his first kiss partner. Does he... have no other friends he could name her from? Or like... some other names? Or if he still loved Ayano why didn't he just go and name her Ayano LMAO like the length the show goes through just to mention random girls he's kissed or slept with. Kisara was like "as expected from Shu's first woman" to Ayano but his first kiss wasn't even Ayano LOL.

Well at least Kisara isn't going to be with Shuu as well. Neither Kisara or Ayano gonna end up with Shuu. It's gonna end with a typical romcom scenario where they just both try to go at it with Shuu. and i would say that's fair and good. u can tell it's gonna end like that since ep 1 from the ending. they both cling to Shu at the ending. so nobody's gonna win lmao lmao. not Kisara not Ayano XD
Sep 11, 2022 12:09 AM
Aug 2015
Marinate1016 said:
Wait so shuu got all his memories back and now kisara don’t know him? Ayano stans we won.

Also, MAL is now showing 13 eps but I thought it was going to be 2 cours? No way this gets wrapped in two eps

I don't get why people trust random sources about this getting 2 cours. It was never confirmed. It is just a rumor or prediction. If there is 2cours, there would already be news and mal would have already updated it. So how they knew such a source while mal don't
_AnimeLover__Sep 11, 2022 12:17 AM
Sep 11, 2022 12:12 AM

Feb 2019
_AnimeLover__ said:
Marinate1016 said:

I don't get why people trust random sources about this getting 2 cours. It was never confirmed. It is just a rumor or prediction. If there is 2cours, there would already be news and mal would have already updated it. So how they knew such a source while mal don't

MAL are not reliable as a source so I don’t really care what they update. The two cours stuff came out months ago.
Sep 11, 2022 12:20 AM
Aug 2015
Marinate1016 said:
_AnimeLover__ said:

MAL are not reliable as a source so I don’t really care what they update. The two cours stuff came out months ago.
that source came out with no news. Just a post that just says that without any evidence. This is literally how rumors and gossips spread. On the other hand, mal literally post news about this kind of thing and then update it. In other words, mal is much reliable than the unreliable post you were looking at
Sep 11, 2022 12:21 AM

Feb 2019
_AnimeLover__ said:
Marinate1016 said:

that source came out with no news. Just a post that just says that without any evidence. This is literally how rumors and gossips spread. On the other hand, mal literally post news about this kind of thing and then update it. In other words, mal is much reliable than the unreliable post you were looking at

Great point sadly you have a stock profile picture so your opinion doesn’t count+ratio
Sep 11, 2022 12:23 AM
Aug 2015
Marinate1016 said:
_AnimeLover__ said:

Great point sadly you have a stock profile picture so your opinion doesn’t count+ratio
too bad. I am just saying facts while you being denial. Have a good day then
Sep 11, 2022 2:51 AM

Jun 2021
I love Kisara, so cute <3
Sep 11, 2022 3:26 AM

Feb 2018
we finally get to know how it started with Kisara and Shuu. Though, it might have been nice if it was shown at the beginning, but oh well.

And man,
I wonder what will happen next.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 11, 2022 7:02 AM
Jan 2022
as soon as the episode started I was crying already it's truly heartbreaking and painful to kisara end the contract and give back all the memories
Sep 11, 2022 7:29 AM
Nov 2021
Good episode overall, liked how the emotion played out. But overall I don't feel like we are approaching a climax since there are only 2 eps remaining and the revelation's are still happening to this point.
Sep 11, 2022 9:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the sister is a S rank demon.. but that was great to finally have the full Kisara and Shuu's backstory that led to all of that, though that end, Kisara lost all her memories about Shuu now that the contract ended
Sep 11, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2019
Wow, what a great and somewhat confusing episode! It was great to get more backstory on Kisara as I have liked her throughout this series despite her taking Shuu's memories.

It appears that she has returned to Shuu the memories she took in exchange for powering up to defeat demons as shown by her asking who is he at the end of the episode.

I have several questions, with a main one being if the memories gave her power, wouldn't that mean that she is now in a very weakened state since she fed off of the memories? Or was that just a price to pay instead of something like money? And is Kisara an S-Class demon herself? I think she was considered that in a previous episode? If not it's going to be interesting how they handle S-Class Kanna, and if Shuu will make any further sacrifices to somehow save Kanna. Lastly, are Kanna and Kisara technically half sisters? (I'm assuming they have the same mom who was a demon or half demon herself? Not fully clear on that lol).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

71 by Shakti-- »»
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.