Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 12, 2021 5:22 AM

Oct 2019
I would play it on normal, but if I know the game is ridiculously hard for its normal difficulty, then I switch to easy. Frankly, I wouldn't be much of a baby to go for the baby mode, unless the game was already hard enough on easy anyways, so. Where's the harm in that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2021 11:05 AM

May 2009
I generally start every game on normal difficulty.

I may switch to easy if the game is becoming unfun. I only remember doing this once, with Fortune Summoners, because that game is very, very difficult. Sometimes I'll just stop playing the game instead if it's becoming unfun, or I'll just use some sort of "cheating" mechanism like savescumming to get through the game, if I'm just interested in seeing it. (These are all single-player games so it doesn't affect anyone else what I do.)

Sometimes I do play stuff on harder difficulties -- generally games I've already played before. Like, for example, doing boss time attacks on even nightmare difficulty on Ys Origin is exhilarating.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 12, 2021 2:05 PM

Oct 2015
I only go with the hardest difficulty because I want to lose as much time I could be using productively as possible.
Dec 12, 2021 7:00 PM

Jul 2021
Yep and I gradually increase my difficulty if I'm getting used to the prior difficulty.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 13, 2021 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
Auron_ said:
I only go with the hardest difficulty because I want to lose as much time I could be using productively as possible.

Aren't we both doing that with posting here lol.

Dec 14, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
No hardest difficulty or the second hardest difficulty. Rarely normal difficulty for me.
Dec 14, 2021 1:03 AM

Jul 2007
I used to play on the hardest difficulty in games but ever since the arthritis set in I've been chilling on normal.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 14, 2021 1:26 AM

Oct 2015
Crow_Black said:
Auron_ said:

I won't deny I dumped a lot of time in here but you might've realized it's a lot less than it used to be. That's cause there have been some changes to my life.. I certainly feel a lot more productive and happier for it.
Dec 14, 2021 3:43 AM
May 2009
I wanted to play royal. but no time to grind for long periods on PS4. So easy mode it is.
Dec 14, 2021 4:24 AM

Sep 2015
I guess "regular" difficulty, or just what the default is, I'm horrible at games though so I should probably go on easy more often.

That being said, I rarely ever play games anyway.
Dec 14, 2021 5:32 AM
Dec 2017
Auron_ said:
Crow_Black said:

I won't deny I dumped a lot of time in here but you might've realized it's a lot less than it used to be. That's cause there have been some changes to my life.. I certainly feel a lot more productive and happier for it.

Next year as well, get ready to see alot less of me because i realized i spend way too much time here and the amount of games i have on my backlog only gets larger lol but good for you if said life changes has been for the positive on your end.

Dec 14, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2015
Crow_Black said:
Auron_ said:

Next year as well, get ready to see alot less of me because i realized i spend way too much time here and the amount of games i have on my backlog only gets larger lol but good for you if said life changes has been for the positive on your end.

It would be better if that were the case yeah, though I fear someone may need to ban you for you to be released from that addiction. Yeah I'd say so, I finally have a job that I'll be well-compensated for, and I found the love of my life here. All in all it's been a good late-2021!
Dec 14, 2021 10:19 AM
Dec 2017
Auron_ said:
Crow_Black said:

It would be better if that were the case yeah, though I fear someone may need to ban you for you to be released from that addiction. Yeah I'd say so, I finally have a job that I'll be well-compensated for, and I found the love of my life here. All in all it's been a good late-2021!

6 months ain't that long once you get yourself addicted to gfx and digital art like i have been lately lol

Pogs pogs good 2 see that things been looking up 4 you with getting a job that you are going to love as well as finding romance 2 best of luck with both of that!! ^^

Dec 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2021
I play things at the game's default difficulty settings, so normal mode for my first run-through. The only time I change modes is if there's an achievement that requires the change
Dec 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Oct 2020
I always play on normal, playing on easy is for babies.
Dec 18, 2021 1:08 AM

Apr 2021
I play on normal most of the time but if normal is still to hard then i go easy
BWAHHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 30, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2015
As a kid I used to play on the easiest difficulty. Nowadays, it depends on a game. When I emulate I usually select the normal difficulty because it's easier with save states.

When it comes to modern games, it's usually the easy mode for me when I play it for the first time.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Dec 30, 2021 11:06 PM

Dec 2020
Single player always on Easy these days for binge playing, unless there's special unlocks or something worthy require to beat hard difficulty then I'll do it. Sometimes you wouldn't believe the time you saved by playing on easy, not because you fail repeatedly but the absurd amount of bullet sponged enemies you skipped.
Jan 17, 2022 9:29 PM

Apr 2010
Never tbh. I play most genres on Normal, but FPSes on it's Hardened equivalent, and Dungeon Crawlers on Very Hard. They just bore me if they're in any lower difficulty.
Jan 18, 2022 12:01 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
at times, when I have the urge to feel more challenged I raise the bar a bit higher
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Feb 21, 2022 6:06 PM

Sep 2020
normal mode all the way up

hard for some of shooters/open world games

very easy for persona 3.
Feb 21, 2022 6:14 PM

Nov 2021
Mostly i would just go normal mode
tho if i want a little challenge i turn up the difficulty
when easy sometimes its not fun so i dont play on easy besides persona 3

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 21, 2022 6:53 PM

Apr 2016
Either normal or hard mode that let you play and experience the game as it should be.

For examples;
- strategy games/ rts : Play the mode that force you to think properly before making a move and use all the materials the game has provided.
- resident evil : play the mode that could force you to organize your items.

“Don’t cry. Not yet.
Just feeling the frustration is enough”

Feb 21, 2022 7:09 PM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
Personally, either easy or normal difficulty, whatever allows me to enjoy the gameplay/story the most. I don't want it to be too easy, but not too difficult either. Usually normal mode is just perfect.

I don't like to spend time learning a game if it's too technical/difficult, since I usually don't enjoy playing it. I am open-minded and tend to try various types/genres of games though.

In rare cases where turning up the difficulty doesn't really impact the actual complexity of the game but only makes it a little more challenging, then I might go for it. Otherwise, I'd rather wind down, relax and play calmly instead of being stressed out and/or frustrated (because yes, I like winning as much as having a challenge).

anime list -~~- manga list
Feb 21, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2021
I played through the first hour and a half of The Witcher on easy mode. Then I quit the game. I don't have the patience for a 30 hour game anymore =(
Feb 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Nov 2019
Depends on the game. If it's something I have played before or similar to I tend to go on higher difficulty. If it's new, I go on normal and if possible change to higher difficulty when I have mastered the controls.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

25 by Kajiuran »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you guys play the Nintendo 3ds and Ps Vita in 2024?

DesuMaiden - May 11

12 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - May 12

7 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
1 hour ago

» It is only rational to be paranoid these days of cybercriminals

DesuMaiden - May 11

6 by AdamBirch »»
3 hours ago

» fallout 4 mods you like to see in an anniversary edition

Paladin23 - Dec 12, 2023

6 by Paladin23 »»
Today, 5:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.