Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the big confrontation against Deus Ex Machina. Hirana is back and reunited with her band in full spirits for the series' finale. She no longer has any doubts in herself.

This was definitely one of Hirana's most important battle in the series. That final clash brings together all her fighting spirit.

One of the better episodes imo.
Mar 26, 2021 10:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least they had the opportunity to take their revenge even though they didn't win but they don't care they still did great and had good results... well ok, the girls part from the show was the only good thing for me but it was a bit enjoyable thanks to this aspect, but for the plot etc it was pretty bad :x
Mar 26, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
pretty cool final episode and those fights and stuff were cool, lots of funny moments too. too bad they didn't win in the end but they made some nice progress so thats nice, the owner was being one of the eternal girls was a surprise too. it was cool seeing all the characters develop and grow throughout this anime and they also made a lot of friends along the way. overall was quite decent and enjoyable, a new experience for me as well, it was my first (if not one of) card based battle anime - i'd give it a 2-3/10.

Mar 26, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
No Limit got a chance to revenge and prove themselves. It's was the best results for them even they still lose.
btw. Hirana should be noticed that the shop owner is one of the Eternal Girl when she owns that card. It's not the normal card that everyone can have.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 26, 2021 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
Huh. Surprised they didn't actually win in the end. I know it was pretty much only an episode where it got to this stage, in terms of wanting to challenge them again, and a few added cards to make their deck stronger, but would've been nice if they had actually won tbh. But nice to see them still beaming with confidence.

As for a Wixoss anime....Certainly differently, not bad, but certainly not great either.
Mar 26, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
It wasn't bad, I had fun with it, but wouldn't call it a "WIXOSS" series based on the previous installments.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 26, 2021 10:56 AM

May 2012
Wow,the episode was interesting will be better if match ended with a draw but anyway,we got Eternal Girl reunited and Azaela returns,so Final Boss for Hirana is finally complete, i predict this master piece will let them beat Eternal Girl since they never get it, the DxM in second season will be a last obstacle until super epic battle No Limit vs Eternal Girl, well Eternal Girl is gods even DxM can't reach they lvl and they defeated 100 teams in one match. I want a second season with Hirana vs Azaela at Grand Final.
For this episode the authors a real trolls when they clashed at last attack and DxM hologram vanished, i was thinking this is it they finally defeated,but not in this season,the DxM girl with cap isn't looking happily at all,i think because they barely able to win. I can see in the future the Eternal Girl would wipe the floor with DxM since Eternal Girls is most likely S class team and Mikaela trained DxM so she probably knows how to beat them easily.
Mar 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Sep 2019
UI MAMA MADE THE END CARD ILLUSTRATION!!!! I'm really happy to see her name on there, she made the character designs as well but they weren't similar to her art style.

It was a bad show, there were some episodes that I had fun but I got bored watching most of them.
Mar 26, 2021 12:52 PM

Jun 2017
Not a bad finale and setup for a possible season 2 but I am not sure we will be seeing it. I wonder how this did in Japan because here on MAL it sure is disliked (now then it's not like many people scored this to begin with, still being under 6 is way too harsh imo).

Judging the complete package it was not a bad attempt at a "for kids!" version of WIXOSS. I just fail to see why this had to be born in the first place. The animation was pretty wonky from start to finish but I guess most of the budget went into the team songs. Anyway that could be fixed by the BD if they release one.

6/10 from me overall, it was fine in every sense of the world, just kind of aimless at where it falls in the series as a whole. I still think the darker formula was better. Regardless, I wouldn't mind more in the future.
Mar 26, 2021 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
Wow,the owner was azela,the leader of eternal girls.

This was awesome fight.

Well,not as selector infected wixoss,but this was great...
Mar 26, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 2018
well I'm proud of my self for being able to endure this garbage.
R.i.p the wixxos franchise because they totally killed it with this piece of shit season, I don't think they are ever financially recovering from this.
Mar 26, 2021 5:22 PM

Dec 2015
I liked the character designs, too bad there wasn't a proper idol performance.
Mar 27, 2021 2:23 AM

Oct 2007
feels like that this is a more believable ending.. power of friendship still not enough to actually beat D x M, but No Limit did "win" on selector points, and that's something no one else has done before. Also looking on how Ex enjoyed the fight, she has respect for Hirana again.

will watch a season, hopefully this did well in Japan - doing well there is what matters.

don't hav emuch money left, as I spent most of it on Love Live Niji, but will buy an OP / ED theme cd of Wixoss Diva if it ever become available in CDJapan.

8/10
Mar 30, 2021 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
i knew it! Owner Yuki Azami gave Hirana a godlike card to help No Limit battle against Dues in a FAIR fight!
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 7, 2021 10:42 PM
Aug 2013
Easy 1/10. I had this at 2/10 up until the final episode. Was a fan of the previous WIXOSS shows. And I did try to give this a chance.

• Recall that in Selector WIXOSS, there were guys who played WIXOSS! Only chosen girls could be Selectors (and in the show, being a Selector certainly wasn't a gift), but guys could certainly play the paper card game. We don't see any guys in this show. The concept of WIXOSS Live is dangerous because it's established that Simp Selector Points, which play a factor in a team's standing, are donated by fans. The Diva Live events also discourages guys from ever playing the game. The original show at the very least showed that everyone could play the game. WIXOSS Live is a girls-only club. This sends mixed signals when the real-life card game that Takara Tomy sells is attempting to appeal to everyone. At least Yu-Gi-Oh showed a mixed cast.

• By focusing more on the actual card battles instead of the story, the viewer needs to be presented with some sort of strategy. Yu-Gi-Oh's drawn-out method of explaining every card is a bit extreme, but at least it means that even a non-player knows what's going on. There are also plenty of themed deck battles with cohesive strategy in Yu-Gi-Oh. We didn't see that here other than the team that had a punk rock theme and used sound-based attacks. Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS avoided discussion of specific cards, which made the game mysterious, and it relied on the coolness factor of 2 LRIGs powering up and fighting each other. In WIXOSS Diva(A)live, it was all about the correct topdeck, then winning without any explanation.

• Rei (blue hair) was the most unlikable protagonist I've watched in a while. She left her previous teams, but stuck around for No Limit. Maybe there was some shallow reason to leave Madoka, but she could've been the better person and talked it over with her. The show never gave Rei her comeuppance for being a total jerk. Instead, Madoka remains clingy with Rei.

• Akino (yellow hair) didn't like the idol/simping "Diva Live" aspect of WIXOSS Live and considered leaving because of it. The show could've shown some maturity by having Rei and Hirana (red hair) respect her wishes and decline appearing in Diva Live. Nope! Akino backpedaled after two minutes.

• Episode 7 was insulting. It was there to taunt the old fans, acknowledging the past WIXOSS seasons with a callback to the Aki-lucky stabbing scene in Selector Spread ep8. But Rei got off easy, and made up with Madoka after a few minutes.

• The forced drama at the end of episode 10 where Ex beat up Hirana made absolutely no sense. WIXOSS Live is an online system with administrators. An action like that would've been immediately been noticed by an admin and Ex would've been banned from the system. Bullying Hirana could've worked in the more fantasy-like world of Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS. But getting pushed around in an online card game? Come on, Hirana could've just disconnected at any time. That's what the fans did. They didn't want any part of it.

• The CEO of WIXOSS Live put up an event that made Team Deus Ex Machina dunk on lesser teams. And that killed the fanbase; there's literally a shot with a bar graph showing the declining users. But she's happy because less Divas meant more quality! This is ridiculous; any CEO would always want more users, because more users means more money.

• The final turns of the final battle weren't animated, instead going straight to the credits with a post-battle scene, indicating that Deus Ex Machina won. This is something I absolutely hate in anime. Not animating the climax is a pathetic cop-out and robs the viewer of something they've been expecting for the entire show.

This was an absolute insult to the WIXOSS franchise, but with both Lostorage seasons having underperformed and sold under 1000 BDs in Japan, another dark and gritty season was just never meant to be. On MAL, Selector Infected (S1) has 71k users completed, while Lostorage Conflated (S4) has just 11k users completed. The show bled fans season after season. In hindsight, it was probably a miracle that Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS lasted 4 seasons and 48 eps. WIXOSS Diva(A)live will be lucky to get 2k completed on MAL.

EDIT: I eventually upped to 2/10 because I wanted to keep my 1/10s few for the real abominations. This show just missed crossing that line.
GippyJun 13, 2021 4:54 AM
Apr 15, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2008
Gippy said:
Easy 1/10. I had this at 2/10 up until the final episode. Was a fan of the previous WIXOSS shows. And I did try to give this a chance.

• Recall that in Selector WIXOSS, there were guys who played WIXOSS! Only chosen girls could be Selectors (and in the show, being a Selector certainly wasn't a gift), but guys could certainly play the paper card game. We don't see any guys in this show. The concept of WIXOSS Live is dangerous because it's established that Simp Selector Points, which play a factor in a team's standing, are donated by fans. The Diva Live events also discourages guys from ever playing the game. The original show at the very least showed that everyone could play the game. WIXOSS Live is a girls-only club. This sends mixed signals when the real-life card game that Takara Tomy sells is attempting to appeal to everyone. At least Yu-Gi-Oh showed a mixed cast.

• By focusing more on the actual card battles instead of the story, the viewer needs to be presented with some sort of strategy. Yu-Gi-Oh's drawn-out method of explaining every card is a bit extreme, but at least it means that even a non-player knows what's going on. There are also plenty of themed deck battles with cohesive strategy in Yu-Gi-Oh. We didn't see that here other than the team that had a punk rock theme and used sound-based attacks. Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS avoided discussion of specific cards, which made the game mysterious, and it relied on the coolness factor of 2 LRIGs powering up and fighting each other. In WIXOSS Diva(A)live, it was all about the correct topdeck, then winning without any explanation.

• Rei (blue hair) was the most unlikable protagonist I've watched in a while. She left her previous teams, but stuck around for No Limit. Maybe there was some shallow reason to leave Madoka, but she could've been the better person and talked it over with her. The show never gave Rei her comeuppance for being a total jerk. Instead, Madoka remains clingy with Rei.

• Akino (yellow hair) didn't like the idol/simping "Diva Live" aspect of WIXOSS Live and considered leaving because of it. The show could've shown some maturity by having Rei and Hirana (red hair) respect her wishes and decline appearing in Diva Live. Nope! Akino backpedaled after two minutes.

• Episode 7 was insulting. It was there to taunt the old fans, acknowledging the past WIXOSS seasons with a callback to the Aki-lucky stabbing scene in Selector Spread ep8. But Rei got off easy, and made up with Madoka after a few minutes.

• The forced drama at the end of episode 10 where Ex beat up Hirana made absolutely no sense. WIXOSS Live is an online system with administrators. An action like that would've been immediately been noticed by an admin and Ex would've been banned from the system. Bullying Hirana could've worked in the more fantasy-like world of Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS. But getting pushed around in an online card game? Come on, Hirana could've just disconnected at any time. That's what the fans did. They didn't want any part of it.

• The CEO of WIXOSS Live put up an event that made Team Deus Ex Machina dunk on lesser teams. And that killed the fanbase; there's literally a shot with a bar graph showing the declining users. But she's happy because less Divas meant more quality! This is ridiculous; any CEO would always want more users, because more users means more money.

• The final turns of the final battle weren't animated, instead going straight to the credits with a post-battle scene, indicating that Deus Ex Machina won. This is something I absolutely hate in anime. Not animating the climax is a pathetic cop-out and robs the viewer of something they've been expecting for the entire show.

This was an absolute insult to the WIXOSS franchise, but with both Lostorage seasons having underperformed and sold under 1000 BDs in Japan, another dark and gritty season was just never meant to be. On MAL, Selector Infected (S1) has 71k users completed, while Lostorage Conflated (S4) has just 11k users completed. The show bled fans season after season. In hindsight, it was probably a miracle that Selector/Lostorage WIXOSS lasted 4 seasons and 48 eps. WIXOSS Diva(A)live will be lucky to get 2k completed on MAL.

- Selector points is the sole deciding factor of winning the game. If I recall correctly in the earlier episodes, someone said that they will still win if they have more points even if they lose the card battle. Which makes the card battle somehow useless?

- I don't play WIXOSS, only watch it. I understand some WIXOSS rules from previous seasons but I'm confused about this season.
Everyone has their own unique grow power effect? Is there no way to change the grow power effect?
Why everyone is surprised everytime when someone counters with their grow effect? It's not like they show their grow effect the first time everytime.

- About Rei I think it's pretty clear that she's looking a team that want to always improve. Every other teams are just sad and don't want to take the card game seriously. This also applies to Madoka, though it's dumb why she did not ask her directly and just cut the team off.

- Akino had trauma about performing in front of everyone, with friends power she overcame that trauma!

- I think Ex beating up Hirana is because Hirana kept accepting Ex challenges, other people can't interfere a match. The official match was ended in the first match. Why Hirana kept accepting the challenges while being beat up is a mystery(mystery tag needed).

- CEO of WIXOSS, was not a CEO.. She's the boss of Deus Ex Machina and some other teams. Take a chance event was made only to challenge Deus Ex Machina. Other A rank teams did not participate.
She's looking the thing called 'Master Piece' which Deus Ex Machina and her own Infinite Girl team couldn't get even after beating 100 other teams.
She thinks more people are doing the battles just for hobby is the cause the 'Master Piece' never appears which I agree is correct as it appears when whole No Limit takes the battle seriously.

---

As a card battle anime, really lacks explanation of the cards and rules. As an idol anime, really lacking the performance and idol parts.

I don't know what the producers thinking when making this anime.
Jul 29, 2021 4:04 AM
Jul 2018
The only thing that would have me remotely interested in a sequel would be that in one of the last scenes the CEO women talked about the Master Piece "choosing" No Limit, as if there is something in the game that has a mind of it's own. If you become strong enough you obtain some sort of special power. Sounds a bit like what happened in the first two season. I doubt a sequel would take a sudden genre shift into something darker but there may be something there with that last scene. I don't know. Maybe i'm just getting my hopes up.
Nov 24, 2021 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
This anime was a let down compared to the others selector anime but it ain't that bad.

I like the fact that they didn't win in the end just because they're the heroes, it's a good moral. (but then it's PG-13 not for kids so... eh)
Jul 5, 2022 6:23 AM

Mar 2013
As a fan of the previous series' of WIXOSS, I am really disappointed with this one.
And adding some yuri tones from the previous episodes was really disgusting to see.
Instead of emphasizing their friendships... the story is awfully random...
At the very least, the three MCs, even though they have generic characters... ugh...
Were rather interesting but not enjoyable to watch... I'm really conflicted.
Boring supporting generic and redundant slapdashed characters...
The only character I was fond of was the blue one, errr... Sakigake, Rei.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 7, 2022 2:03 AM

Sep 2021
IMO, this was the worst season among the Wixoss series. The battles were just full of screaming and shouting that it grates my ears... Worst still, this new Piece mechanic makes even less sense than the Coin mechanic; you could sort of understand/guess what happens and how it happens with the abilities given by the Coin mechanic but with the Pieces, all I could figure out was...it gives a power-up of sorts.
Dec 19, 2022 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
Owner so fine.
Dat graph.
Keikaku doori?
Dat text.
Owner.
Wish into the WIXOSS!
Michaela.
Azaela.
Dat message. Dat challenge.

And that was the end. It was good if you treat it as another series, but as WIXOSS, its not what we wanted. However, I do appreciate all the fanservice in this series, which was way more than the original series and its sequels. Funny how the shop was called Heaven's Door and that ended up being related to Master Piece attack name. Also, JoJo reference? So props on that front. I'll miss Owner. She is my waifu. Wish I could have seen her in a swimsuit. And I'll miss Akino. She's best girl. Wish they showed the nipples. With that said... as a fan of Date A Live, it was interesting that WIXOSS went with Diva A Live. So before I got back to Date A Live, I had to watch this first. Onward to Date A Live III now.
RobDec 19, 2022 5:36 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » WIXOSS Diva(A)Live Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

14 by Rob »»
Dec 19, 2022 2:25 AM

Poll: » WIXOSS Diva(A)Live Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

27 by Rob »»
Dec 19, 2022 1:17 AM

Poll: » WIXOSS Diva(A)Live Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

12 by Rob »»
Dec 18, 2022 8:59 PM

Poll: » WIXOSS Diva(A)Live Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

18 by Rob »»
Dec 18, 2022 8:24 PM

Poll: » WIXOSS Diva(A)Live Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

16 by Rob »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.