Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 25, 2021 4:13 AM
Mar 2018
Rudy's first friend. Of course there would be some problem between the two, but hopefully the growth of Rudy will better the way he interacts with others.

This isekai really feels different without being trashy.

Jan 25, 2021 4:16 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode. Yo, this whole family is mad horny lmao. I like how Rudy worships Roxy's holy relic lmao, I wanna join that religion.

That argument between Rudy and Paul was fantastic, it felt very real. And I am glad Paul knew his mistakes and tried to apologize.

Rudy, boy or girl you do not remove someone's undies lmao. Sylphie is great, she's really cute. I hope their friendship prospers. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 25, 2021 5:18 AM
Jun 2020
If these people keep animating normal scenes so brutal, when there are fights I can't imagine what kind of brutality they will do, the plot continues to go slowly but surely, I like the new girl, very well the fact that Rudeos's father wants aondar in his facet of father, on the other hand, the words of Rudeos very well measured when confronting him. Show a more human side of both characters. Because families are not perfect, there are always conflicts and these eventually unite or separate us.
Jan 25, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is a masterpiece. The main character got isekai'd, and it has realistic happenings! I can't wait for the next episodes!

Also, this anime's aesthetics are so good!
Jan 25, 2021 6:37 AM
Apr 2019
The studio which was only their debut on this anime did a really a good a job! Every episode is so damn good
Jan 25, 2021 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
Devil_God_000 said:
JanPri said:
- Still no explanation of the very important sword styles and where does this take place - things that were skipped in the last episode
- Rudy was hurling mud balls on Somal and his pals instead of water in the LN
- 6:59 Sylphie actually was busy with something, at the moment at least, (Rudy went with her to deliver lunch to her father Laws after that) but they completely skipped it
- Rudy's and Paul's conversation was shortened + Pauls's monologue was shortened too
- Rudy's training with sword was almost completely ommited - he pretty much sucks, as you can see, but despite that wishes to beat Paul at least once while he's still in his prime (he's 25 rn and Rudy 6)
- Training with Sylphie was also REALLY shortened and Rudy teaches Sylphie to read and write in addition to that
- Some explanation of the magic system was skipped (I think this is one of things that makes the LN so good, so it's a real shame...)

I agree you 100 % but seeing what they have done with Manga I am Taking what I can Get.

lmao dude I get so sad when people say they read the manga and not the WN/LN.

But yeah, I'm guessing they will explain the sword styles in more detail during the Eris meetup arc because they are pretty crucial for the entire story as a whole going forward.

This episode was great honestly. Sure there were things they skimmed over and normally I would complain, but seeing the effort they put in to this adaptation that had me waiting for over half a decade... I honestly can't complain (unless they fuck it up super hard by suddenly rushing the remainder episodes).

The studio is also pushing for a really homy SoL feel which I absolutely love, since the series' strongest points is the relationships and SoL moments of the characters.

Jan 25, 2021 7:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CUTE.
Another great episode, they did a good job not making Sylphy looking straight like a girl right away, I mean, it could have been a very pretty boy (though she was using female sandals).
That was until he found in a very revealing way, I still felt bad for him here, even after reading it on the LN and then the manga.
Well done, plus I love they are being true to the source material and also building the other characters, especially Paul, because it pays off a lot later on, both in vol5 and 12, of the LN.
Might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but seeing the seeds planted slowly, leaves me very happy.

Will they try to begin with vol2 already on the next episode? In a way, I want to see more of my best girl (the others are also top tier), ASAP, but leaving next episode at the end of vol1, will definitely deliver that extra PUNCH.

Rob7 said:
We have no typical OP, probably they will do like Aria the Animation and exhibit pretty landscapes and scenarios instead.

What is excellent.

Nice material for that framed picture in the living room lol

Lovely backgrounds indeed, while I would like to see an OP, wouldn't mind if they did it always like this, which I DOUBT they will.
Jan 25, 2021 7:35 AM
Aug 2020
OMG Mrs. Ai really did an amazing job voice actoring Sylph, i feel like i want to change the best girl to Sylph xd.

Overral this was a great eps, what's lacking is that the Anime show that Paul's problem with Rudeus was as simple as parent and children daily strife, but the truth is he had this unpleasant feeling, he's always worried about how to become a proper dad, and what's make it harder for him is that he always thought his son is a genius born 100 year once only. It weighted him and it scared him, the fact he wouldn't be able to become a proper dad for Rudeus, this is really dramatic and VERY important for later plot, especially for later on the Roxy arc. But the anime didn't show that much feeling which is a bit dissapointing
Jan 25, 2021 7:39 AM
Aug 2020
Playcool said:

Lovely backgrounds indeed, while I would like to see an OP, wouldn't mind if they did it always like this, which I DOUBT they will.

Unfortunately Rudeus wouldn't become a typical overpowered MC you think he will be. He's in fact
Jan 25, 2021 8:56 AM

Nov 2019
Man... i love this anime.
I totally understand why his father acted like that, i hope he learned from his mistakes and becomes an even better father than he already is
Jan 25, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
The show is doing much of what i want in an anime or just a good written story. The characters have their quirks but they aren't unsubstantial or flat. The dad is a goofball but also knows when to be responsible and we are also seeing how he reacts with the main character and how he develops around it. Also how his advice to Rudy was actual used and useful to Rudy's experience with the opposite sex, instead of being reduced to a gag of 'duMb daD'.

Now.... my goodwill and grace is being stretched with the borderline pedo scenes, he is still a 30yr old. This isn't cute or endearing. It would've gone down better if they said he still has the feelings of a kid even though he has a grown mind (i guessss?!), but we borderline watched a 30yr old undress a child. dafuq. Some things don't need to be shown to convey a point...The cultural differences of Japan and the West in me is at war right now. Made in Abyss especially the movie really pushed that shit.
Jan 25, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
I didn't noticed the hypergamy of that bitchy mom at all. wooooow. maybe I could have if I read the source material instead but ehh.

I thought I can already read people's intentions but damn that's a whole lot of difficulty right there.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jan 25, 2021 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
rsc-pl said:
G0ldStark said:

what is so funny?

I don't know, I don't know. Maybe, just maybe, your mindset?
I mean, go watch something else. It would be the best if you stay away from anime if all you do is complaining about things that are present in this medium for decades. If you can't distinguish the fiction from reality, then stop consuming the fiction completely. I'm getting sick when I'm reading posts like this.

that used to be common in the distant past, but the prevalence of it has diminished some over the last few years. however increase in the percentage of groping that's girl-on-girl during that same time frame instead. you don't see ecchi scenes that include a boy and girl in a non-ecchi anime in fact the ecchi is also being this way, this story was written more than 8 years ago and you can see how obsolete it has become.
Jan 25, 2021 12:40 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SinfulFate said:
Playcool said:

Unfortunately Rudeus wouldn't become a typical overpowered MC you think he will be. He's in fact

Perhaps you read it wrong?
OP as in Opening, I mean, in what world would be overpowered make sense with what I said there?

I know very well the LN thank, don't need others to tell me about it. Be mindful of what you are reading, to avoid just weird assumptions.
Nothing I said there made sense in the context you assumed.
Jan 25, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2019
TeamDalaiLana said:
VP2003boi said:
Well, we dont know if they are necessarily a part of white fox, as studio bind could have just got out of white fox and established their own studio. There are a lot of studios like that, for example madhouse "gave birth" to multiple studios like mappa, Nut and voln and none of them do works with madhouse these days
No, this is literally White Fox subsidiary studio. They own it. Egg Firm isn’t even an animation studio. The animators for this show are from White Fox.
Oh i see, so its somewhat like the situation with wit being a subsidiary of prod IG. I did know egg firm wasnt an animation studio tho.
Jan 25, 2021 2:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Rudy makes a new friend named Sylphie after saving her from a bunch of bullies. I have to admit that I thought Sylphie was a boy too until she refused to take her clothes off. Despite the misunderstanding Rudy and Sylphie was able to make up towards the end.
Jan 25, 2021 3:07 PM

Dec 2016
I was wondering how and when Rudeus will find out Sylphiette true gender... So remember kids No is No.

And background... they looked beautiful.

Ok why no one made this connection??

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 25, 2021 3:30 PM
Nov 2010
Man the comedy is so dark/pervy but that look his dad gave and said at the end was hilarious lol. Shouldn't this be considered an ecchi? The comedy is so good. xD
Jan 25, 2021 5:58 PM

Jun 2019
I liked this episode a lot more than the first two. They cut back on Rudy’s perverted nature and he seemed much more likable for it. The interactions that he had with his father were pretty good and made his father feel more like a realistic character. I also liked the art more than I did for the first 2 episodes. I’m pretty excited for the next episode.
Jan 25, 2021 6:24 PM

Jul 2015
This is probably the only isekai that i enjoyed and the only one that made me read everything _(manga/LN) after only watching 2 eps. I just love it.
Jan 25, 2021 8:49 PM
Nov 2020
What should have been there... well, wasn't there and what was there stunned me. In my old life, I fantasized about it through my monitor while making my black-lust whitey-cannon to meet a paper handkerchief. There it was. He... was a she.

I'm really loving the narration in this show. (Adult) Rudeus sure has a way with words!
Jan 25, 2021 10:48 PM

Apr 2020
So Sylph is a girl lol, and Rudy saw Sylph when she was naked, XD luckily they forgive each other.
Jan 26, 2021 12:30 AM

May 2020
Ah, from episode 2 to 3 the MCs presence doesn't feel creepy anymore, how great. Probably due to his 'actual' voice getting more of the spotlight than his somewhat creepy inner one but even that has been less creepy so I'm quite happy about that. But damn, 6 months together and you still don't know Sylphiette's a girl, F.
Jan 26, 2021 9:05 AM
Oct 2019
I really love when Rudeus using reverse psychology to Rudy...
Rudy literally potrayed most of the parents that didn't even listen to the kid
reason and straight to the slap...

Oh boy Rudeus just assumed Slyph was a girl from beginning lol, now he learned that lesson...

Gorgeous Animation as always, they are really consistent with the Quality...
I really appreciate it
Jan 26, 2021 9:37 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Anyway onto the subject of this anime
I imagine the scene with the bath will definitely make some feel uncomfortable, it made me feel that way too. And GOOD. That scene was not meant to be sexy, funny, or anything some weirdo can come up with.

That scene was supposed to be bad, awkward, uncomfortable. There were consequences of it. It wasn't played for laughs like most ecchi would have done. It was serious and then a serious scene followed afterwards. Rudy shows himself to be a monumental fuck up, of course. He still doesn't understand other people.

He's probably lucky Roxy didn't give a shit, tbh.

But it's still early days and Rudy is still growing (literally and figuratively) so, more character development will occur.

The scenes with Rudy's father was also quite good. There was an implication that HIS father was like that as well (abusive or at least, very harsh). And his mindset was changed. We can see that later with how he deals with the bath incident.

Mod edit: removed quote of a removed post
BarnaldJan 26, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2010
ar1sh said:
I'd say my favorite part in the ep is the father-son confrontation, it is a very good way to build their dynamic.

Rudy made a friend, Slyphy(best girl?). And it's funny that even Rudy lived 20 years in his past life he can also still be childish.

And damn i want to say again, the quality of this anime freakin' god tier.

well technically parts of his maturity most likely have been reset due rebirth. secondly he did spend most of his former life as a manchild basically.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 26, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Mushoku Tensei keeps delivering!

LOVED how Rudy defended his actions against his dad. And I also loved how Paul realized he was in the wrong and apologized. I'm really liking these characters.

Sylphie is adorable!
Jan 26, 2021 11:42 AM
Jul 2019
I LOVE THIS ANIME, MANGA, AND LN. I LOVE 3 HEROINE SYLPH, ROXY, ERIS..
I hope this anime does not experience quality deterioration in the future
Jan 26, 2021 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
Even the intro looks amazing
Jan 26, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2017
Let's just forget that the MC, mentally a 39 years old, tried flirting with a 5 year old...
Jan 26, 2021 1:36 PM
Feb 2018
monolith said:
Rob7 said:
This episode helps to cement the tone of Mushoku Tensei.

Slice of life, feelings and some gags.

Oh fool of those who thought it was a typical power fantasy with OP character or anything like this.

Well, it is, but not yet. You literally see Rudeus growth thourght the novels and manga adaptation, frm kid to father. That's why this is awesome.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Sad thing it still makes no difference whether the MC was reincarnated or "native" to the world.

Mod edit: merged double post, inserted spoiler tags

And how about this. He was born in this world. He's "native" here. His parents are experienced knight and magician. And they started to teach him instead of him finding the books. Instead of remembering his past and not wanting to play with other kids he's just enjoying learning magic. He's so nice to Sylphy because he wasn't affected by retarded stereotypes. And so on. My whole point is that at the current stage it makes no difference whether he's "native" or "alien" to this world.
Jan 26, 2021 4:12 PM
Sep 2020
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
monolith said:

Well, it is, but not yet. You literally see Rudeus growth thourght the novels and manga adaptation, frm kid to father. That's why this is awesome.

And how about this. He was born in this world. He's "native" here. His parents are experienced knight and magician. And they started to teach him instead of him finding the books. Instead of remembering his past and not wanting to play with other kids he's just enjoying learning magic. He's so nice to Sylphy because he wasn't affected by retarded stereotypes. And so on. My whole point is that at the current stage it makes no difference whether he's "native" or "alien" to this world.
It does make a major difference and the whole thing you presented would not work at all, and well just like they said there is a reason why he is in that world
Jan 26, 2021 4:20 PM

May 2018
What a fun take on isekai genre. It's very cosy and relaxing slice of life in fantasy world with some fun humour added in. Kinda gives off vibe of thouse calmer Ghibli movies like Only Yesterday. I'm looking forward to more of this, I started expecting the most generic isekai garbage and got a lot of fun out of this show so far.
Jan 26, 2021 4:39 PM

Apr 2020
last week i mentioned that i was worried that Rudy wouldn't really use his no life to improve and still be a creep (especially when it comes to some pede vibes he kinda gave off) but this episode did a fantastic job of putting him in a situation where he could've been awful and instead used it grow as a person! good stuff
Jan 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Feb 2009
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
monolith said:

Well, he is literally making parallelisms about his past self and his new self. He was an outcast in a cold society like the Japanese that led him to lock himself up for who knows how many years until literally the death of his parents and his own, and here he has a close relationship with his parents and has the opportunity to start again, and I don't know about you, but I enjoy hearing him pondering about various things with his old adult self.

Even if is a power fantasy, it doesn't put aside the introspective aspect of the story, and that's why if find a value in the current form the author chose to tell the story. It's about giving yourself literally a second chance in life, if it were just about some random kid with genious intellect and unique powers, it would be your regular generic shounen.
Jan 26, 2021 11:25 PM

Jan 2010
rsc-pl said:
G0ldStark said:

what is so funny?

I don't know, I don't know. Maybe, just maybe, your mindset?
I mean, go watch something else. It would be the best if you stay away from anime if all you do is complaining about things that are present in this medium for decades. If you can't distinguish the fiction from reality, then stop consuming the fiction completely. I'm getting sick when I'm reading posts like this.

Amen to that. You took the words out my... keyboard lol.
If they took their hate somewhere else, create a post on reddit or something just for haters.
One could be here every episode explaining why is this or that and if it was something that was adressed in the novels and not shown in the anime that could help explain better certain situations it wouldn´t be bad, but dealing with people that just don´t understand simple things that are shown or are just here to cause drama were there is none is tiring.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Jan 27, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode, enjoying it. I liked how Rudy defended himself against his father who was clearly wrong for not even listening to Rudy.

Sylph being a reverse trap was so obvious lmao. From the moment she said "Sylp" and the wind interrupted her.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 27, 2021 12:22 PM
May 2020
I'm liking the wa in how there's a slow and steady development/increase to the character casting tbh. I hope that Sylph and Mudy will stay friends forever tbh
Jan 27, 2021 4:38 PM

Apr 2019
Thank god for male fan-service. I wish Paul would take a bath with me.
Jan 27, 2021 6:35 PM

Apr 2013
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
monolith said:

It does because of two major points:

1. The main focus of MT is about Rudy changing himself up from his useless self deprecating past and into a mature respectable human being (even the whole pervert shimoneta shit that people bitch about here for some reason starts to change as well as he grows older). Basically a second chance at life for someone who wasted his first one.

2. The whole plot requires him to be an outsider coming into the current world (for a very good reason) and even then Rudy isn't the MC of the main plot.

In fact, MT as a whole is a prequel and Rudy's role is not to be the one that defeats the big bad in the end like other series.

But for your typical Isekai, I'd understand what your saying since I feel that way for most as well.

Jan 27, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2019
Rudy's parents are beautiful.

Sylph is beautiful.

Sylph is Sylphiette, obviously.

Rudy has a new friend <3
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 27, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2017
Didn't expect Sylph to come out as Sylphiette XDXD!!!

It was a pretty interesting episode!!!

Jan 27, 2021 11:17 PM
Nov 2020
Even if Rudy has conquered the outside, he is still awkward when it comes to handling situations. The relationship between him and Paul, both admitting his mistakes and correcting him while he was being unfair was amazing to see.

Looking forward to more Sylphiette. The pacing wasn't too fast, great episode~
Jan 28, 2021 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
the bath scene was funny, I don't know how Rudeus didn't show that Sylphiette was a woman.
Jan 29, 2021 5:13 AM
Aug 2019
lemme guess, Sylphiette will start liking Rudy, but our dense protagonist will never notice and gradually expand his harem making her jelaous
Jan 29, 2021 5:57 AM
May 2016
mrkvaa said:
lemme guess, Sylphiette will start liking Rudy, but our dense protagonist will never notice and gradually expand his harem making her jelaous

Jan 29, 2021 7:01 AM
Aug 2019
Yohanlie said:
mrkvaa said:

nice. how many are there tho
Jan 29, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2019
mrkvaa said:
Yohanlie said:

Subarashii
Jan 29, 2021 10:22 PM
Sep 2018
Monzaemon said:
Nobody: ...

Rudy "I'm attracted to boys haha but this one has a vagina which makes her a Girl and me Straight so there!"

It's super fucking homophobic, transphobic and PEDOPHILIA

Stunning and brave.

I'm liking Rudy more and more.
Jan 30, 2021 12:43 AM
Aug 2019
FFCreations said:
mrkvaa said:

wow, that guy is on fire haha. i guess it's not an isekai without at least 3 girls all over him
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.