Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 2008 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
The beginning was very confusing, but once I realized what was going on it seemed to be like an ok series. I just want to know whats with Shinkurou's arm.
Apr 7, 2008 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
i liked it,the animation style and music is different from the usual anime as well as the topic.kinda like aeshiteruze baby(sorry if i spelled it wrong). i am gonna watch it.definitely

Apr 7, 2008 6:42 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, it was great. Love the art.
Apr 7, 2008 8:17 PM

Aug 2007
Confusing at first but I have a feeling I will like this series a lot.
Apr 7, 2008 9:43 PM

Jun 2007
It was straaange... (starting from the OP o__O;)
I dunno what to think about it yet.

Apr 7, 2008 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
hmm the character designs remind me of Baccano!
Apr 7, 2008 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
Brain Base also produced Baccano. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Although I get a stronger Red Garden vibe than anything else.
Apr 7, 2008 10:08 PM
Aug 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Confusing at first but I have a feeling I will like this series a lot.
Exactly what I was gonna say, lol.

It had nice animation, and OP and ED were quite good as well. The animation for the OP though was a lil' weird. XD
Apr 8, 2008 12:50 AM

Apr 2007
Murasaki is totally awesome just like i knew she would be. Me loves her design :3

Well my expectations were met, i loved this. Definitely waiting for more~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2008 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed this first episode and I am looking forward to the next. I thought the intro was pretty cool actually, though I do agree that it doesn't seem to fit the series based on the first episode.
ScorchedApr 8, 2008 1:16 AM
Apr 8, 2008 12:53 AM

Aug 2007
Fantastic.
Apr 8, 2008 12:59 AM

Apr 2007
ephemeralM said:

but it seems like this is going to be a pretty serious anime, not a comedy show. and i don't get the tags, this obviously looks like a seinen to me.

Seriously, comedy? I don't think so.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2008 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
This series definitely has potential. Good animation, the characters seem entertaining and though the plot isn't very defined yet, I'm hoping that will be okay too. Just have to see how it goes I guess, definitely looking forward to it next week though.
Apr 8, 2008 1:31 AM

Jul 2007
Definitely one of the best animations I've seem. The story flowed smoothly too, so I'm seeing a lo of potential in this one.
Apr 8, 2008 2:24 AM

Dec 2007
Animation is nice but it was rather boring, going to keep watching a few more episodes just to see if it goes anywhere.
Apr 8, 2008 5:50 AM
Dec 2007
Awesome animation/design/opening theme with a start that leaves plenty of room for character development. I think it will be a great series, it kind of reminds me of KURAU Phantom Memory with a bit of romance and a Witch Hunter Robin feeling too. Great one, 9/10 for now, I will see how it evolves, since it's a pretty unusual anime.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 8, 2008 6:25 AM

Jan 2008
Siing said:
ephemeralM said:

but it seems like this is going to be a pretty serious anime, not a comedy show. and i don't get the tags, this obviously looks like a seinen to me.

Seriously, comedy? I don't think so.

There are some LOL moments in the first episode, y'know
Apr 8, 2008 7:54 AM
Aug 2007
As far as first episodes go, this was very good. I'll definitely be following this.
Apr 8, 2008 12:09 PM

Aug 2007
Isu said:
As far as first episodes go, this was very good. I'll definitely be following this.

Same here - I'm kind of curious what will happen to his ... disease kind of thing ;)
Apr 8, 2008 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
Xjellocross said:
They captured the ideal personality of a rich 7 year old pretty well in my opinion. Slightly unrealistic in her tone and "toughness" however.

Yeah, they did, but thats why she's going on my nerves. xD
Apr 8, 2008 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
yeah, the op was kinda weird... although the song was pretty good... maybe they ran out on their budget? lol
Apr 8, 2008 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
sabermetrics said:
yeah, the op was kinda weird... although the song was pretty good... maybe they ran out on their budget? lol

Oh yeah, nearly forgot the OP - I was about to stop watching and drop the series because of it! Aaa!
Apr 8, 2008 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
this episode was so weird
i understood very little of it.

for some reason, murakami reminds me of Lilo from Lilo and Stitch. anyone else feel the same way?
Apr 8, 2008 3:05 PM

Feb 2007
This was fantastic!!!

Wow, so far the best of the season, I have such high hopes for this now. I doubt any other show will top it this season.
Apr 8, 2008 3:59 PM

Jul 2007
That was pretty interesting, there's definitely lots of potential here. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 8, 2008 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
I was pleasantly surprised with it, I really didn't have much hope and was watching it as a time waster. But I guess I'll be watching it.
Apr 8, 2008 4:23 PM

Jul 2007
I. Love. Murasaki. OP and ED style are a bit odd if you think about the show, but they remind me of the one whole episode of Red Garden that I watched.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Apr 8, 2008 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
What's up with that anime? I kind of liked the history and stuff, but... it's just too fast! Did you people realize that Kuhouin issues are compacted in a 3min flashback?!

The thing I liked most was the age of the girl. A 12-year-old kid would take the history to the well known lolicon protocol. But a 7-year-old kid should bring us a kawaii-protocol, but... the punks have got superpowers!!! WTF!

Anyway, kind of like it, kind of hate it. I'm waiting for ep2.
ruinadoboiApr 8, 2008 4:50 PM
"When I look into your eyes, I see JPEG artifacts. I can tell by the pixels that we're wrong for each other." (Munroe)
Apr 8, 2008 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
The first ten or so minutes were pretty confusing, with all the names being thrown at you, but it was an enjoyable episode. The animation is just gorgeous, and Murasaki is possibly one of the cutest things I've seen in my life. <3 Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 8, 2008 7:48 PM
Nov 2007
That was a nice episode! That Shinkurou looks like a cool Onii-chan!
He kind of reminds me of myself........ somewhere..: /

Anyhow, can't wait for the next ep! How's he going to manage himself with Murasaki? That's what's interests me now.
Apr 8, 2008 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
Very interesting beginning... well, after the first half. I couldn't really get into it then. But that second half came as a surprise. Good start to the show; let's hope it stays good. I kinda feel the whole "Darker than BLACK" thing going on... from the first episode, it has the potential to become a personal favorite or to go entirely downhill.

And I'm siding against the opening and ending. Especially that opening. I can see how grabs attention, but it uses the art style of American magazines aimed at middle-aged women. And I cannot forgive that. Because those magazines suck. Yeah.
Apr 8, 2008 9:14 PM

Sep 2007
The OP caught me off guard but that affect my overall enjoyment of the episode.

I ended up watching it twice (not a bad thing, mind you), and I think I have a better grasp of what's going on so far. I predict I'm going to like this show for its character interactions, especially between Kurenai and Murasaki (I'm a sucker for the protect-this-little-girl situations).

One scene I particularly like is the bit before the end. I felt my heart sinking listening to Murasaki speaking while on the verge of tears.
Apr 9, 2008 1:24 AM

Apr 2007
selective_yellow said:
This was fantastic!!!

Wow, so far the best of the season, I have such high hopes for this now. I doubt any other show will top it this season.

Pretty much exactly how i feel. Although I still have extremely high hoped for Kaiba. Allison to Lillia doesn't look like its gonna be as good as i anticipated.
Apr 9, 2008 4:05 AM

Jun 2007
not bad anime. the opening disturbed me a little, but i got over that. my computer lagged a lot during the OP... i hate my PC specs :(

the story, even fast paced at the start, was awesome. kurenai seemed like a nice person and all, but i want to see what his secret (his body) is.

Murasaki caught me off guard... the picture from MAL shows her way cuter.... i really didn't expect a 7-year-old loli... japanese loli-ism is really growing...

the ED was nice, i liked it... though the ED animation was weird as well.. well, i will get over that.
Apr 9, 2008 4:17 AM

Jul 2007
Ok, one thing that's tickin' me off a bit with this series is how many people are calling the female lead a "loli". That word doesn't just mean any little girl at all, it's a specific reference to a sexual or erotic portrayal a little girl or a child-like character. There's no sexualization that is gonig on in Kure-nai, so stop useing your buzz words without knowing the full meaning behind them.

Sam is my sweet peach
Apr 9, 2008 6:42 AM

Dec 2007
TheWestExit said:
Ok, one thing that's tickin' me off a bit with this series is how many people are calling the female lead a "loli". That word doesn't just mean any little girl at all, it's a specific reference to a sexual or erotic portrayal a little girl or a child-like character. There's no sexualization that is gonig on in Kure-nai, so stop useing your buzz words without knowing the full meaning behind them.

I totally agree with you. Although, there is one possible reason for the overuse of the term in this thread, the people using it were actually turned on by this episode. In which case, I would recommend some kind of long term therapy.
Apr 9, 2008 7:01 AM

Dec 2007
pretty interesting anime, i had a hard time understanding @ the beggining. animation was awsome, i like it

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 9, 2008 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
"Wow" - That's how I thought I would start this post. But before writting, I read the previous posts. A lot of them started with "Wow".

Good indication that this is a good start of what appears to be a good series.

Wow.
Apr 9, 2008 12:43 PM

Oct 2007
What really suprised me was the artwork...
It's way more realistic then that of the manga, which is a plkuspoint in my opinion

So yeah I liked it

Say Satisfied Fans
Apr 9, 2008 12:47 PM

Jun 2007
Interesting anime. It hasn't grabbed my full attention yet, but it wasn't bad, so I'll surely watch a few more episodes.
Apr 9, 2008 1:40 PM

Nov 2004
Yep, I finally saw this. Having some good impressions here, I'm rather fond of the art style. Although it isn't, it gives you a more realistic vibe. You sort of know that this series is gonna be more serious (like Red Garden or Baccano!). The beginning of the episode was rather confusing, but I like how it all winded up together with the meeting between Kurenai and Murasaki and what ensures from that. Heres to hope that this is a series like Aishiteruze, a beautiful relationship between a young girl and a teenage guy that isn't romantic or sexual in any way (although people labelling her a loli is already giving it those kind of connotations, which is unnecessary).
Apr 9, 2008 9:16 PM
Nov 2007
I just start watching it without checking the details of the show, and when the OP play, I was like...

" WTF!? Did they just use Flash to made the OP??? "

The idle of like 6 seconds at the start of the OP made me tot did I watching a corrupted video.

After watching it, I hurry dig the manga and compare to it, it going be my type of show.
Apr 10, 2008 2:11 AM

Mar 2008
The artwork looks pretty good and I like the main characters, so so far so good. I wasn't liking it in the begining of the episode but about halfway through I figured I will probably be watching the next episode =)
Apr 10, 2008 3:32 AM

Oct 2007
seeing the cover and some pics, them little 1 is sure to grow up very soon. that really makes it interesting! loved it.
Apr 10, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
Shinbou said:
Looks like an intresting anime, altought the opening was like WTF ^^
I'm sure i will follow this serie

Just wanted to add I really love youre sig, its a beauty botht he sig and Noe
Apr 10, 2008 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
a bit conusing, but it has something that makes me want to see the next ep :)
Apr 11, 2008 10:16 AM
Dec 2007
Haha that little girl is funny. Although the confusion in the beginning was a little hard to get by, I finally understood what was going on midway. I ended up enjoying it more than I had previously expected. I'm sticking around for more. There are also a lot of mysteries I want to see disclosed.
Apr 11, 2008 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
I really enjoyed the first ep! I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd
Apr 11, 2008 9:34 PM

Jun 2007
strange episode. it was very fast, at the begining I couldnt catch up and was like wtf. but very interesting, I think this series is just going to get better and better
Apr 12, 2008 12:33 AM

Jul 2007
I didn't think too much of the first episode. It was ok, but not that great, maybe I wasn't in the mood. I'll give it another shot before deciding.

Haven't really seen any anime that is "protect-the-little-girl" (or at least nothing like this comes to mind) so this was a first. I've seen it plenty in movies though and I didn't mind it then. I just don't think I would want to watch a whole series with it. I liked Aishiteruze Baby (which is also protect little girl) but that's not an actiony series ;)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - Apr 24, 2008

70 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 25, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zvuc - Jun 20, 2008

164 by AngelsArcanum »»
Feb 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteveKeys - May 29, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
Jun 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

82 by towelgirl21 »»
Dec 14, 2021 2:20 AM

» Protagonist sucked

Blackmanjones6 - Oct 15, 2021

2 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.