Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime to you that just felt really pretentious?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 22, 2020 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
Utena - 4deep5me anime which is very repetitive and only has bishies posing all the time, what pissied me off more than anything was Utea, she breaks school rules by claiming to wear the boys uniform but none of the boys in the school wear that uniform, yeah being a boy is all about wearing hot pants and playing it cool without ever thinking or questioning anything. And then a guy claiming to be her prince appears and she lets him fuck her, great.
Aug 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2016
bakemonogatari. lot of infodump that are distracting you for something as simple as a man getting his own harem by fixing those girls problems.
:v
Aug 22, 2020 10:59 PM

Aug 2019
BerZzzerk said:
Prob Bunny Girl Senpai - They tried to explain everything with quantum physics and it just didn't work. They were trying too hard to sound smart and make it all complex/realistic when it's supposed to be a supernatural anime.
Thanks for this. You summarize my problem
Aug 22, 2020 11:39 PM
Jul 2019
"Pretentious", like others have mentioned, is a very overloaded term that unfortunately gets slapped onto a lot of intelligent, well-written shows. To me, a great example of a ACTUAL pretentious anime is Bunny Girl Senpai; very self-important, frequent references to quantum physics to make the show look smarter than it actually is (even when the explanations themselves are complete bullshit), and an insufferable main character.

At the same time, I don't think a show like Evangelion is pretentious. It has an awful lot of substance, folks! It subverts mecha/anime tropes in clever ways, has incredible shot composition and editing which adds symbolic meaning to important scenes, and potrays depression and childhood trauma in a very realistic manner. Even if you don't 'get' the symbolism, references, and introspective monologues, the talent behind the team at Studio Gainax and Hideaki Anno's directorial skill is clear to see.

I am not trying to bash people who don't like Evangelion. It is completely fine if you don't like Evangelion; everyone has there own tastes. What is not fine, from my perspective, is the anti-intellectualism that always seems to emerge when discussing the merits of Evangelion. "This show is confusing, and is therefore pretentious and bad!". For people who agree with the previous sentence, I would recommend taking a look at an analysis video or two, and see how all of the 'random nonsense' is in fact not random, nor nonsense.

Criticism is cheap. There are flaws in everything. No work of art will be loved by everyone. Now can everyone just chill?
Aug 22, 2020 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
It has got to be One Punch man S2 and all the later story.

It tries to discuss about effort, hard work, talent, and meaning of being a hero on a gag manga about an overpowered mc who's lazy and bored, and doesn't care about being heroic.

Also Darling in the Franxx. (chuckle) Need I explain this one?
Aug 23, 2020 12:18 AM

Jan 2017
I'm surprised to see that there are a lot of people who think that EOE was actually trash and no where near to the TV series. I enjoyed the tv series but the movie was just a troll LOL. I think i've read it somewhere that creators were very infuriated with the fanbase since they were demanding the so called not really required 'perfect ending' to the tv series which they ended in the best possible way they could in the remaining budget.
If thats the case then let me tell u what was on their mind " Oh, so u people need a sequel huh? Ok, we will create such a absolute piece of trash that u guys would never even dream of wanting a sequel again!"
But when this movie was well received and many people even calling it the best piece of art ever made, they finally realised that Miyazaki was right, anime was definitely a mistake lmao.

PS. Although i dont have anything against the people who love this movie, in fact there is a person in my friend list who has EOE in his favorite. Its just that sometimes my emotions get better of me LOL. So if someone got offended then i apologise.

And for the OP's question, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai fits the bill
And the reason has been perfectly stated by this guy
inim said:
Overall, it's pretentious because everything is fake and forced. Cry now! Because I tell you so!
silent_knight98Aug 23, 2020 12:27 AM
Aug 23, 2020 10:00 AM

Sep 2017
Monogatari
It's just a waifu show that tries to be deep but in the end it just doesn't make sense

AnoHana too.It tries to show depression in a depressing way but it's too plain boring, stupid and annoying that the show becomes shit and pretentious

SAO especially this season.Seriously, you expect me to get sad over your game avatar?
FatephileAug 23, 2020 10:05 AM
خ
Aug 23, 2020 10:13 AM

Jun 2020
SatoriTendo_GM said:
I have to say Neon Genesis Evangelion, I have a friend who watched it and always says that its the deepest anime ever and you have to be super smart to understand it, and it annoys the s**t out of me.
TL;DR I think that anyone who praises Eva for being deep is just prideful and thinks too highly of themselves because they enjoy the watching “deep” anime

I think Eva is "deep." Too bad, guess I'm a prideful wannabe-intellectual. Oh well.
Aug 23, 2020 11:40 AM

Oct 2019
Recently, probably something like assassins pride
Aug 23, 2020 6:59 PM

Jun 2020
inim said:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is pretentious because it's fake tragedy about fake emotions. Watching it felt like biting into a deliciously looking burger, just to find out it's made of plastic and for decoration only. To call the show melodrama is an insult to all soap operas ever made.

Kaori isn't a real person, she is a plot device incarnate. Kousei's trauma feels forced and unrealistic in many ways, take it from somebody to whom depression is no stranger. With two mains who do not feel like real persons but plot devices, everything felt like malevolent attempt to jerk tears and manipulate emotions, Even the music, which could have saved the show a little bit, is fake, In Nodama Cantabile or Sakamichi no Apollon the music feels real, you learn why performance A is good and B is not. In YLiA you are just told it is genius, no detail on the how and why is given. Another piece of plastic you must swallow. And vivid color animations don't make it any better just prettier.

Overall, it's pretentious because everything is fake and forced. Cry now! Because I tell you so!

I disagree with you but your take is actually quite interesting.
For me, the themes presented in YLIA are amazing, including abuse, loss, and despair. Kousei's trauma doesn't feel forced in my opinion, I saw his story as an exploration of accepting a loss.
Aug 23, 2020 6:59 PM

Jun 2015
pretentious is a word people misunderstand a lot and pretentiously use

Aug 23, 2020 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
Lucifrost said:
I'm REALLY surprised nobody has said Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I couldn't take any of it seriously.
actually agree
it gets lost in its desire to push the message that history repeats
so much so that it misunderstands its own setting and oddly limits itself

Aug 23, 2020 7:17 PM

Jun 2015
I don't really like calling things "pretentious" but if I had to pick something, I'd go with Bunny Girl Senpai. Rarely can a show tick me off so bad that I show physical signs of disgust.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Aug 23, 2020 10:22 PM

Jul 2016
like all those light novels that are self aware but not really and they're not funny or clever or interesting and just really bad
Aug 23, 2020 10:32 PM

Mar 2008
I think only people can be pretentious not really media. Majority of the time when someone says some media is pretentious it's either they didn't understand it or are reading too deep onto it or just simply didn't like it.
Aug 23, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 2017
Phareux said:
I felt Texhnolyze to be a little pretentious at times in the middle. If I remember correctly, the director literally made the first episode to ward off the regular watcher. That's pretentious if I ever heard it.

Your name almost looks like mine and I got confused for a split second lol. For me Texhnolyze has to be one of my favorite anime, but I can see why people don’t like it.
Aug 23, 2020 10:45 PM

Aug 2019
Paranoia agent - "Big twist" was way too predictable and all that symbolism later on was just a big mess. Suicide squad episode was amazing tho
Aug 23, 2020 11:08 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I have never felt that way. To me, imaginary media are a great place to think up our world, to contemplate our nature. So, it is only natural that no ambition is too great for it.

As Victor Hugo went about it, "Tout est sujet ; tout relève de l'art, tout a droit de cité en poésie." (Les Orientales (1829) de Victor Hugo)

Translation: Everything counts as subject; everything is relevant to art, everything deserves quoting in poetry.

Aug 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Aug 2018
It's funny how many people complained about shows that are "deep" (some shows don't even try to be that so that is even funnier). For me the only true pretencious show, is the one that takes itself to seriously.

I don't remember the last anime that made me think about that, but most of the shows named here shouldn't be here.

Edit: Bunny sempai is a good choice, the pseudo-scientific BS and the info dumps about topics that have been done countless times before were fking annoying
DaCraziGuyAug 23, 2020 11:28 PM
Aug 23, 2020 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
"Welcome to the NHK" for me. It tried to sell itself as some kind of realistic scenario, but characters made no sense at all.
Aug 23, 2020 11:33 PM

Apr 2019
Surprised not many people have mentioned the 'Monogatari Series'.Now don't get me wrong it is an amazing harem anime but that is all it is.I have always found that the show tries to bring in as many different themes in its narrative as possible but never really explores most of those themes carefully.It thus feels more like a cheap trick used by the creators to create a sense of fake depth rather than providing any real depth to the story.The show also contradicts its own ideas constantly and is pretty hypocritical in nature.
For eg:-In the first arc they portrays sexual harassment as a serious issue and handle it with as much care and respect as a topic like this requires but then in the later arcs they start treating it as comedy by portraying the mc molesting a loli as a running gag.
Aug 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Apr 2017
Kaijuu no Kodomo is the most pretentious anime I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate arthouse and psychedelic themes in both anime and film, but absolutely nothing appealed to me about this movie save for the animation, at times. It can't decide whether to have a plot or not. It can't decide whether to ground the characters in reality or detach them. It's a bunch of ideas thrown in together, connected by pretty (sometimes) visuals, but with no substance underneath. The main character, Ruka, flips between showing emotions and being a deadpan robot without any reason. And by the end of it, when the mundane returns, I was left wondering: "what was the point of this? how did it change Ruka significantly?"

Maybe the movie is #2deep4me, in which case I'd love an explanation if anyone has gotten anything out of it, or whether there's some cultural component I'm missing.
Aug 23, 2020 11:46 PM

Nov 2018
i heard Elfen Lied is a pinnacle of edgelordism (and is a shitty mess overall) so i havent even tried to watch it.

out of those that i did try, i say Ancient Magus Bride. The show seems to have some central idea but whatever that is, it's lost halfway through.
Aug 24, 2020 12:12 AM

Sep 2008
bunnygirl.
the moment you attempt to do what monogatari does but with actual science instead of folklore stuff, you destroy the viewer's suspension of disbelief.
you can't just twist logic and facts to your liking, like you would with tales.

Kyokou Suiri
aka let me talk bullshit for 3 episodes throwing red herrings around until I accidentally get on the right track because I ruled out every other possibility already based on your reactions. if words can kill, this show used it's power to kill my interest.

zetsuen no tempest
this is the most obnoxious and pretentious anime I have ever seen. I can't express my hate enough for the characters just randomly quoting literature while looking captivated. nobody in the world would look at weird stuff happening before their eyes and start quoting stuff they learned in the drama club.
I havn't finished it. I tried my best, I truly did but I couldn't get further than a few episodes no matter how hard I tried to force it.

black rock shooter
it's a pile of angst trying to sound deep, characters content with abuse because it's easier to escape pain than do something about it. that's the whole message, but it's delivered so poorly I still wonder who greenlit this show. everything is filled with nonsense convos that don't drive the plot. fight scenes only happen on screen because otherwise this show would've never sold. it feels detached, the battle only happens inside the mind of the girls. it's used as a crutch to keep the viewer's attention, because the story sure wouldn't be able to.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Aug 24, 2020 1:20 AM

Apr 2020
Using "pretentious" as a criticism is such a simpleton fodder argument. It basically means that you don't like the anime but cannot identify why it is actually flawed, so you plead ignorance instead of creating a concrete argument. Pretentious means: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." Unless an anime is explicitly saying "this anime is culturally important," you cannot criticize it as being pretentious since an anime never claimed to be more important than it is. Stick to the basic objective metrics such as characters, setting, story, plot, themes, tone, art, sound, etc. Those are what you can concretely criticize instead of saying an anime is bad for being ambitious. Heck, you can even say "an anime tried to be too ambitious that it failed to adequately execute its fundamental parts" and that would be a valid criticism. Other technical details that you can criticize instead of saying "it's pretentious" include: "is dialogue realistic?", "is there too much suspension of disbelief?", "is the directing rational?", etc. However, the "it's pretentious" argument is just lazy.
_henriAug 24, 2020 7:35 AM
it's over | we're so back | don't take this too seriously

Aug 24, 2020 2:19 AM

Jan 2016
_henri said:
Using "pretentious" as a criticism is such a simpleton fodder argument. It basically means that you don't like the anime but cannot identify why it is actually flawed, so you plead ignorance instead of creating a concrete argument. Pretentious means: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." Unless an anime is explicitly saying "this anime is culturally important," you cannot criticize it as being pretentious since an anime never claimed to be more important than it is. Stick to the basic objective metrics such as characters, setting, story, plot, themes, tone, art, sound, etc. Those are what you can concretely criticize instead of saying an anime is bad for being ambitious. Heck, you can even say "an anime tried to be too ambitious that it failed to adequately execute its fundamental part" and that would be a valid criticism. Other technical details that you can criticize instead of saying "it's pretentious" include: "is dialogue realistic?", "is there too much suspension of disbelief?", "is the directing rational?", etc. However, the "it's pretentious" argument is just lazy.

You have god awful taste but you hit the nail on the head here
Aug 24, 2020 2:22 AM

Jan 2016
haydenluvsanime said:
I don't really like calling things "pretentious" but if I had to pick something, I'd go with Bunny Girl Senpai. Rarely can a show tick me off so bad that I show physical signs of disgust.

Your profile gave me multiple STDs but I have to agree that bunny girl senpai is enraging. And even worse my closest friends love it, probably their #1 anime.
Aug 24, 2020 2:25 AM
May 2019
The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl nothing in this anime makes any sense and as a result it comes of as pretentious.
Aug 24, 2020 2:26 AM

Jun 2015
@Dhaarok You're welcome, enjoy your STDs

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Aug 24, 2020 8:16 AM

Aug 2020
Personally I haven't come across an anime that fits that category; in my opinion what makes it that way are certain fanbases that develop ~deeper~ meanings or expand on certain events in an anime that really don't have to be expanded/explained on. Evangelion for example is tactic fully done in the sense where most questions aren't answered in the anime/manga or interviews with developers. The point is the watcher/reader is to interpret those answers how they want but in reality there aren't any real answers that pertain to the actual story lol.

What ends up happening with certain anime fanbases is they collectively create theories and when you don't agree you just ~don't get it~ I wouldn't fault a franchise for it, just the fans.
Aug 24, 2020 9:25 AM
Aug 2018
Probably Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s annoying how people say it’s “It’s so good and it’s the deepest anime EVAR” It’s just boring as fuck imo

Aug 24, 2020 9:32 AM

Mar 2020
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. All in all it's just a few gay characters doing gay-ish stuff.
Aug 24, 2020 10:29 AM
Aug 2019
habloo said:
Serial Experiments Lain! I literally hated watching it, I don't know why I stuck around. No hate to people who did like it, it's just not my kind of anime. Too confusing, too much symbolism, and there was basically no dialogue at all. I still don't know what the fuck even happened, I didn't bother to search it up.

This!!!

It was creepy and weird I came out of it confused. I hated every character in it.
”Ah. The internet says your explanation is wrong.”
Aug 24, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2014
Ergo Proxy throws a bunch of philosophical jargon at the viewers with no real purpose other than to sound smart.
Aug 24, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
Kanata no Astra. It tried so many things at once. It even has a character with an IQ of 200 in it, well, and if his IQ was really that high, the show would have ended much faster and without all this unncecessary nonsense that kept happening.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Aug 24, 2020 12:11 PM

Dec 2017
mfs see one obscure thing in something and call it pretentious huh
Aug 24, 2020 1:08 PM
Nov 2016
Nanatzu no taisai and boku no hero academia, and mostly demon slayers, nanatzu and bnha both do a pretty decent job at first arcs in shonen 'universe development' you know, the way the shonens history, powers, characters and universe goes in crescendo like one piece, naruto, bleach, dragon ball, jojo's, hunter x hunter, yu yu hakusho, inuyasha and tons of other shonens, and thats good, cause they're long stories of action, adventures and friendships. till that point nanatzu and bnha do a quite good job, demon slayers by other hand, is a rush in development it goes from 1 to 100 really quick and it feels plain, the tree are just pretty plane histories after a certain point, for nanatsu is after the commandments appear and and the expectation of the history of the sacred war and the past 3000 years did not live up to what it promised, the author did not know what to do to live up to the epicity that had generated all of the above and it was simply disappointing, bnha is fucking annoying idkw but is like cheesy and edgy, hate midoriya, bakugo and todoroki, the 3 of em are not worthy matterial and most of the characters are akward, for demon slayer it was in the arc of the infinite train that the story took a nosedive and became predictable, flat and cheap, the author did not know how to carry out everything he had in mind and gave it a really bad ending, of the worst I have seen and believe me when I tell you that I have seen a lot of anime.

In summary, they are not the worst, but not the greatest thing like new weebs and their fans believe and preach.
Aug 24, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
Space Dandy was particularly pretentious, it kinda gave off bigheaded vibes.
Aug 24, 2020 1:44 PM
ぎりぎりセーフ

Oct 2015
Ruitt said:
Classroom of the Elite. Every episode started with a quote.

Thought I'd quote this to say I agree.

Aug 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
I, personally, think that My Hero Academia Is pretentious for manipulating people with a supposed inspirational narrative. Urgh, it just shouts "Feel something, people!" and "Deku is smart, I swear!"
Aug 24, 2020 9:02 PM

Jun 2020
I feel like Naruto: Shippuden is being pretentious by betraying its narrative standpoint: "Hard work beats Talent".

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Aug 24, 2020 9:23 PM

Mar 2017
Bunny girl senpai.

Adimus_prime said:
If it's one thing I really don't like in an anime is when it thinks it's way to smart for it's own good. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. So what is the most pretentious anime you have ever seen?

The first one for me is Akame ga Kill. Now it's not pretentious in like a "2deep4u" way but it's pretentious in the way that the show thinks it's way to mature for it's own good. The show carries itself as if it's not like every other shounen anime but then does almost every shounen trope you can think of. That lack of self awareness makes it feel so much more pretentious to me.

For some reason I keep reading Kill la Kill every time I see Akame ga Kill. I was really confused given your avatar and signature. I agree though, I was still an idiot who loved every shounen show by the time I watched Akame ga Kill and yet I still hated it, episode one felt like something I something I would write in 5th grade.
Aug 25, 2020 6:08 AM

Feb 2019
I haven't really thought of any anime as pretentious, however, i get the pretentious feeling sometimes from the people talking about them, which kinda of spreads to my feelings about the anime itself.
Fatephile said:
Monogatari
It's just a waifu show that tries to be deep but in the end it just doesn't make sense

AnoHana too.It tries to show depression in a depressing way but it's too plain boring, stupid and annoying that the show becomes shit and pretentious

SAO especially this season.Seriously, you expect me to get sad over your game avatar?

yea it is certainly a waifu show in disguise and pretends to be deep, however I think that irony is why I enjoyed it so much.
yarukaAug 25, 2020 6:16 AM
Aug 25, 2020 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
Monogatari, Serial Experiments Lain and FLCL
Aug 25, 2020 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
Most things by Ikuhara

Utena and Sarazanmai.....ugh I dislike both of them.

"I'm going to be as weird as possible and throw symbolism around to show the audience how very deep I am."

Like.....shut up. Go make music videos instead, lol.

Aug 25, 2020 10:14 AM

Aug 2015
The Monogatari series is definitely pretentious in my opinion. The creator basically humble brags about how smart he is. But I heavily enjoy Monogatari so...

LoknirAug 25, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 25, 2020 10:32 PM

Jul 2016
Kiznaiver had an interesting premise but focuses too much on the characters' romance and eventually gets away from itself.
I remember the scene where everyone's on the ground writhing in pain caused by the emotional distress of their high school crush daisy-chain: Katsuhira likes Noriko, but Chidori likes Katsuhira, but Tenga likes Chidori, but Nico likes Tenga!
It pulled on the heartstrings so hard, they snapped and instead it became really funny
Aug 25, 2020 11:15 PM

Dec 2018
_henri said:
Using "pretentious" as a criticism is such a simpleton fodder argument. It basically means that you don't like the anime but cannot identify why it is actually flawed, so you plead ignorance instead of creating a concrete argument. Pretentious means: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." Unless an anime is explicitly saying "this anime is culturally important," you cannot criticize it as being pretentious since an anime never claimed to be more important than it is. Stick to the basic objective metrics such as characters, setting, story, plot, themes, tone, art, sound, etc. Those are what you can concretely criticize instead of saying an anime is bad for being ambitious. Heck, you can even say "an anime tried to be too ambitious that it failed to adequately execute its fundamental parts" and that would be a valid criticism. Other technical details that you can criticize instead of saying "it's pretentious" include: "is dialogue realistic?", "is there too much suspension of disbelief?", "is the directing rational?", etc. However, the "it's pretentious" argument is just lazy.

Thank you for being a gem of a comment in a thread of trash.
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Aug 25, 2020 11:30 PM

Dec 2018
The monogatari series. I liked Bakemonogatari, it's characterization and plot is well written but the dialogue writing is just too over the top. If it had maintained it's interesting story I may have continued it. Sadly I couldn't take more and dropped it at Monogatari 2nd season.
Aug 26, 2020 8:50 AM

Aug 2016
I've never viewed Psycho Pass as pretentious. The discussions of conflicting ideologies never gave me that impression. It seems you either need to go all-in and make every aspect of the show about these concepts or not do it at all and be a braindead harem show.. Anything in between is deemed trying to be something its not.

That'd be like calling Fate/Zero pretentious because it had that one scene with the discussion of the kings. And you go "wow look at this show trying to be smart!!!"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

18 by Soap »»
20 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

32 by DX_impulse »»
3 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 33 minutes ago

5 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 6 minutes ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

44 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.