Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2020 6:31 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Visiting Fishman Island ✔
Becoming invisible ✔

Looking good for Sanji

And that transformation was hella glorious xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2020 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
Sanji not getting a Wano themed eye catcher for this episode was a HUGE missed opportunity...still a great episode though and preview for next episode looks very promising too "go ninja go ninja go!"

Mar 21, 2020 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
Soba Mask is awesome! Nico Robin is cornered...
Mar 21, 2020 7:46 PM

Apr 2016
Raid suit Sanji animated looked smashing, we love to see it
definitely an overall fun episode, loved Law Speedwagon-ing all over the place about Stealth Black's abilities
and of course Sanji finally accomplishing his (perverted) dream!
Mar 21, 2020 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
The transformation had a damn beautiful animation; it was a literal spectacle. The fight—especially after the Robin scene—was just great! That said, Robin seems to be in a pretty hazardous situation; however, she is clever and smart, so I expect her to think of an adequate excuse and just get away from those ninja.
Mar 21, 2020 8:30 PM

Dec 2019
Was nice seeing Soba Mask kicking some ass, and indeed that transformation animation was beautiful, damn Robin is in a pinch wanna see how she will get out of this.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 21, 2020 9:21 PM

Jul 2016
alphazero4um said:

I was disapointed that Page 1 just shrugged off the massive kick though... Sanji still fairly weak it appears.
Mar 21, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
That animation on the Soba Kick was amazing, Wano Act 2 looks good so far.
Mar 21, 2020 11:32 PM
Jan 2020
This was a solid episode. Raid Suit Sanji's transformation is well animated.
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Mar 21, 2020 11:33 PM

Aug 2015
Sanji is so amazing with the Raid Suit, especially the final attack on Page One that shattered the area was fantastic.
Mar 21, 2020 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Man Sanji is so freakin cool now and I'm happy he got a nice new power up. All the more reason he should fight against someone that can par up against in the sky like King. I live to see that sky fight someday.
And lmao the fact that Law is knowledgeable on the whole Stealth Black is hilarious.
Mar 22, 2020 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
So just something i want to mention. The flash back incorporated in this episode from thriller bark about sanji about his invisible dream to spy on women was actually in the manga which means that oda always wanted this to happen. Maybe he new that far back but wasn't sure how he was going to achieve it. This just makes this scene not some kind of coincidence and actually has more significant value. Praise GODA in another one of his legendary foreshadowings.

Mar 22, 2020 12:18 AM

May 2014
Great ep. About time we saw Sanji in his Raid Suit (Power ranger suit)
. Hhaha, good for him that he finally achieved the power to become invisible. That's dangerous for the girls on the ship. Hopefully we will see more ecchi-scenes. It was a cool fight, and funny that Law knew so much about Germa 66. hahah
Mar 22, 2020 12:27 AM

Feb 2013
This was a happy day for Sanji, his dream came true!
Mar 22, 2020 1:28 AM

Mar 2008
Vindicater said:

I was disapointed that Page 1 just shrugged off the massive kick though... Sanji still fairly weak it appears.

Keep in mind this is not in the manga. The end of the fight (after Sanji is propelled through the buildings) is entirely off-paneled. Toei took some major liberties here so you shouldn't take it too seriously.
Mar 22, 2020 2:25 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit sangoro the soba cook, you better not regret choosing that hero name

So after all these years...Sanji finally attains the power he always wanted.... all females are going to have a tough time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 22, 2020 3:16 AM

Oct 2017
Reapermask said:
Dammit sangoro the soba cook, you better not regret choosing that hero name

So after all these years...Sanji finally attains the power he always wanted.... all females are going to have a tough time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Knowing Sanji he's definitely gonna use it for that XD.
Mar 22, 2020 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
I love how knowledgeable Law was on Germa 66’s stealth black lol

Raid suit Sanji was badass in this episode.
Mar 22, 2020 5:21 AM

Apr 2019
Vindicater said:
alphazero4um said:

Or Page One is just very strong. He is a headliner for the Beast Pirates and one of Kaido's flying six after all. We're in the new world now, people are bound to be strong.

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Mar 22, 2020 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Was nice to see Sanji in action with his new toy.
Mar 22, 2020 6:48 AM

Nov 2016
Arrow_of_God said:
Vindicater said:

Or Page One is just very strong. He is a headliner for the Beast Pirates and one of Kaido's flying six after all. We're in the new world now, people are bound to be strong.

Not just that, he's also an Ancient Zoan user. Regular Zoan users are already known for their physical strength, durability and sturdiness and Page One is a fucking thick skinned Spinosaurus.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2020 8:50 AM

Feb 2014
I'd say Toei made up for the horrible mess that was Kaido vs. Luffy with this episode, but I'm still wary of other ways they could fuck up. Also WHY ARE THERE STILL ONLY 2 EYECATCHERS?! And one of them that we get is with Zoro, who is getting almost no screen time in the next episodes.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mar 22, 2020 8:59 AM

Jul 2008
OMG Law fanboying over Stealth Black was hilarious.
Mar 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
That was pretty cringe as expected.
Mar 23, 2020 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
That was some majestic transformation for Sanji. And the animation made my Spongebob boxers pretty wet. Sanji kept toying with Page One like he was Barney. If he trains around with his suit, tinkering on it, he can easily be a commander level. And Law childish fanboy-ish side coming out was both amusing and lovably endearing.

Of course, Robin got caught. I am not surprised, Orochi may look dumb, but the people working under him, including Kyoshiro and those newly-revealed ninjas, are anything but that. And just where did Kidd disappear to? How suspicious.
Mar 24, 2020 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
Loved this episode, it really was amazingly done and Toei did a damn great job this time
Mar 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
Soba Mask, the true MC
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
Its was an episode pretty good animated and of course so funny! I was laughing a lot while Law talking acknowledge about Sanji's suit skills! Lol
-¡Give yourself to me!
Mar 24, 2020 10:46 PM

Feb 2015
The best part was Law being excited about the raid suit. Sanji became pretty strong, despite I’m very surprised of Page One’s endurance. Oh no, Robin, it’s now fucked up.
Mar 25, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2019
link9us said:
So just something i want to mention. The flash back incorporated in this episode from thriller bark about sanji about his invisible dream to spy on women was actually in the manga which means that oda always wanted this to happen. Maybe he new that far back but wasn't sure how he was going to achieve it. This just makes this scene not some kind of coincidence and actually has more significant value. Praise GODA in another one of his legendary foreshadowings.

( legendary foreshadowings ) Yeah right , this was more likely an Afterthought,
Not only that , The whole transformation makes no sense overall
This was a weak writing at best , This was a coincidence.
If Sanji knew about this ,
It'd had been foreshadowed way back in the pre timeskip in Baratie arc.
But it did NOT.
This was just worse closest to Zoro's Kyutoryu's nonsense.
Mazetriple100Mar 25, 2020 11:38 AM
Mar 25, 2020 11:46 AM

Nov 2019
Mazetriple100 said:
link9us said:

But it did NOT.

Why are you doing all this? Stop.
Mar 28, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2018
MiraStraussFan99 said:
Mazetriple100 said:

But it did NOT.

I wouldnt go as far as he did, but he is not wrong about this not being a foreshadowing at all, nor about the Kyutoryu being nonse either. That said, i liked sanji's new transformation, looking foward in seeing how usop and franky will tweek that suit.
Mar 30, 2020 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Here comes power ranger yellow. Damn I thought paige1 is just a small fry but that mofo is tough. How come Kaido and his gang has monopoly on ancient type forbidden fruits?
Mar 31, 2020 12:06 AM

Nov 2019
Tougen said:
MiraStraussFan99 said:

I wouldnt go as far as he did, but he is not wrong about this not being a foreshadowing at all, nor about the Kyutoryu being nonse either. That said, i liked sanji's new transformation, looking foward in seeing how usop and franky will tweek that suit.

He just didn't need to be that rude tbh
Mar 31, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
That was just sick. The whole tranformation of Sanji into Stealth Black/Soba mask was glorious and I had the same reaction as Usopp and Franky *.*

What made it funny was just the fact that Law knew everything about Stealth Blacks abilities xD
It suits Sanji perfectly and it seems to have so much power. I guess in the future it will come pretty handy for Sanji, if you know what I mean haha.

Page 1 is a though opponent. I was sure that last kick would knock him out. At least he still doesn't know about Sanjis true idenitiy.

What I'm worried more about is Robin. I didn't expect Orochi to have a personal Ninja squad. That doesn't look good.

Apr 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
sugoi sanji :3 awww. epic fight

Apr 3, 2020 12:00 PM
Nov 2013
I loved Law's reaction ❤️
Apr 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
SOBA KAMEN RIDEEER KIIICK!
Apr 24, 2020 12:38 AM
Jun 2015
Sanji's new suit enhances his abilities to be even more stronger. Also he looks good in his all black raid suit.
Apr 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2010
Eeek Robin fucked up big time. Wonder how she will dodge this huge bullet.

Loved seeing Law fan boy over soba mask Lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 9, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
I'm very disappointed with the way how no one in this thread seems to be disliking that stupid raid suit...
Sure, the animation was great, and the music made the scene even better, but I can't understand the reason why Oda couldn't draw and write basically exactly the same fight but with Sanji without the raid suit; Sanji should already be fast and strong enough to perform the same feats that he achieved in this episode just with his body, with the exception of being able to block with a cape, which is a stupid gimmick anyways, and the invisibility, that could be made up with super speed, that Sanji was already able to show off kicking Oven in an instant without being noticed.
I found especially ridiculous the way how the characters were admiring the capacity of propulsion of the raid suit that was allowing him to stand in the air, considering how Sanji is naturally able to kick the air without any technology.
The way how many people are seeing the raid suit as a power up for Sanji really makes no sense. The power of the characters in One Piece is extremely inconsistent anyways; this is not a game with precise numbers that show exactly how much speed, endurance, and power each character has, and if Oda decides to draw Sanji defeating Kaidou alone, he will be able to do it, which would make even more sense than the way how Sanji was easily able to deal damage on Jabra after having difficulty to deal damage on Blueno, even though Sanji didn't undergo any training between the two fights.
I'm not saying that the power levels shouldn't be consistent in One Piece, but I disagree with the idea that Sanji became objectively weak in comparison with Luffy and Zoro after the time skip, and the truth is that Sanji is just not looking effective in the fights because Oda is simply deciding on a whim not to make it so. That is what I'm trying to say.
ColtBuntlineJun 10, 2020 12:41 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 16, 2020 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Sanji's dream came true.
His hair looks awesome in the suit though.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 13, 2020 8:22 PM
May 2020
NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! They ruined the joke! Law, like he did in the manga, is suppose to go total nerd when Sanji transforms into Stealth Black and explain to Sanji all his attack moves with fanboy fever! Then he is going ask Ussop and Frankie about what their favorite moves are and they'll look at him weird because they have never even heard of that comic book. And then Law was going to be SUPER EMBARRASED! Even more so then the scene when he admitted that he didn't like bread! But, they ruined it! Alas!
On the other hand, they really improved on the designs for those elite ninjas! I don't remember them being so colorful in the manga! Man, I am not sure how O-robin is going to get out of this one... IS THAT A GHOST!!! (sarcasm at the end there)
Sep 13, 2020 12:18 PM

Jun 2016
I'm glad that Sanji has continued to get the spotlight, his time was not just Whole Cake. This scene was super cool! Sanji taking responsibility for his mess and refusing to let others get hurt on his behalf swallows his pride and becomes Stealth Bla- Soba mask I mean. It's a great display of his strength as a character, but also a display of willfully accepting Germa's help through the gifted suit. It's similar to that one moment in My Hero Academia, you know what I'm talking about.

Beyond that, Trafalgar "everyone in North Blue knows" Law being a fan to rival Vito when it comes to Sora was hilarious. It made me chuckle every time, especially Sanji's embarrassment because he almost got away with transforming in front of a crowd that didn't understand the history behind it. Oh and his adorable name and poses of course, gosh so much fun.

As Sanji did say, there is some irony involved. Sanji wanted to turn invisible, presumably to escape from his family as a child. His very family had his dream in their hands and the people he wanted to get away from were the ones who gave it to him, helping him leave this time around. That is not to ignore his stated dream of peeping on ladies.

Lastly, to speak about the directing once more, I adore the Komurasaki diegetic music. It has become the staple sound of Wano, and to have her play spliced between Robin being surrounded and Sanji fighting is the kind of feelgood, smooth editing I can't get enough of. As do I love the way the to be continued screens have been getting effects to suit what's happening.
Sep 20, 2020 8:58 AM

Mar 2020
Lmao, Law is such a nerd about Germa and Sora ;D
Nov 12, 2020 6:12 AM

Mar 2015
Law is a secret Germa otaku lmaoooo
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Cool transformation and some nice animations this episode, what's not to like
Jan 5, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
LMAOOOOOO Law knew so much. He's a fanboy
10/10 EPISODE

Jan 26, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Hell yeah! That raid suit transformation is so damn fabulous! Sanji's already impressive powers are now enhanced, better yet, he gets to have the invisibility ability he so desires to have. Whilst everyone is leaving the battle with Law fanboying over Sanji's Germa technology, Sanji himself shall go to you know where wink wink*.

Jun 21, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2021
sanji's finally using his raid suit ! LMFAO Law knowing so much and practically narrating every move sanji does was so hilarious reminds me of the time when he asked if the ninja kinemon talked about had super powers and jutsu stuff
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you believe in Fishmen rights?

Dumb - May 5

19 by Yashvanth »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 348 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Mar 24, 2008

57 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 354 Discussion

Netforce - May 18, 2008

45 by rubynmx »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

39 by Eleben »»
Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

378 by macsaviour »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.