Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 17, 2019 4:53 AM

May 2016
The drastic change in the opening was great! I wonder if they'll be making changes to it as each episode progresses deeper into the fight since there's still 5 episodes to go.

After how intense the last episode was, I was really surprised about how the tone got pretty comedic because of how surprised they were to find out that their bodies have been switched thanks to Silver Chariot. It was really amusing to see them act so shocked towards what happened, especially with Mista and Trish and it was awesome seeing how much their Stands have powered up probably thanks to their long-deserved nap.

Polnareff actually turned into a turtle, holy shit. I named all my turtles Polnareff after I saw comments about it but seeing Jean-Pierre Coco Jumbo actually talk and relay vital information to the Gang-Stars was a shock. Bruno being the one who ends up disarming Silver Chariot was good and all but that meant that the body-swap will wear off and the person who'll end up being the closest to the arrow itself will be Diavolo himself...

Jun 17, 2019 1:48 PM
Jul 2014
I think some of you are just nitpicking the OP change on purpose because you want something to complain about.
Jun 18, 2019 12:53 AM

Jan 2016
Don't tell me if it's a spoiler but is it ever explained why Polnareff never contacted Jotaro to deal with Diavolo? After learning to use the world better, Jotaro easily could've ora ora'd that little Italian punk bitch

Sure Polnareff was in hiding, but after all those years he couldn't have found a way?

"The law doesn't protect people, people protect the law."

- Akane Tsunemori

Jun 18, 2019 1:32 AM
Nov 2016
dividingMDH said:
Don't tell me if it's a spoiler but is it ever explained why Polnareff never contacted Jotaro to deal with Diavolo? After learning to use the world better, Jotaro easily could've ora ora'd that little Italian punk bitch

Sure Polnareff was in hiding, but after all those years he couldn't have found a way?

polnareff already the mafia was controlling all communication.
Jun 18, 2019 5:40 AM

Jun 2010
dividingMDH said:

It's never explained (in the manga) why Polnareff didn't attempt to contact Jotaro, although I think you might be overestimating his options.

For one thing, international communication was far more limited in the 90's. While we don't know the exact year Polnareff encountered Diavolo, I was always under the impression that it was probably in the early 90's (90-94). Mobile phones and commercial internet only really saw widespread adoption around 96, so that pretty much leaves traditional mail and calling from landline phones/phone booths, which could easily be intercepted by Passione.

Secondly it's likely Polnareff didn't get a chance to before Diavolo ambushed him. After the ambush he may have lost any means of contacting Jotaro or couldn't do it without alerting Passione to his survival, and was thus stuck waiting for someone else to uncover the nature of Diavolo's Stand (and surviving).

Finally - and this is pure speculation on my part - Jotaro may have just been busy with other life commitments at the time or had to stop investigating despite Polnareff's disappearance.

Feel free to pick one of those and run with it. Or just say Araki didn't want to do that. Whatever works.
Jun 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
The OP this episode really brought out the intricacies of the abilities.

Jun 18, 2019 4:48 PM
Mar 2018
ganomed said:
There's two plot holes in this episode.
1) When Polnareff discovered the new power of his stand his body didn't swapped with the nearest person.
And the second time not only it swapped but with the turtle that was miles away.
2) Now that Buccellati is in Diavolo's body... why don't he just commit suicide?
He is himself already dead and is only goal is to kill Diavolo so do it. Wreck is body in pieces and you've won.
That's stupid.

1.pol wasnt dead when he first got stabbed by the arrow
2. i cant say wait for new episode
Jun 21, 2019 7:15 PM

Feb 2017
KEKKA DAKE DA.

I was expecting the OP to be shorter, but what DP did here was great!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jun 22, 2019 1:00 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! I love how David Production always plays mindgames towards the final battle, where the main antagonist always tries to screw the opening.

Happened with Dio, Kira and now Diavolo! I hope they will do the same with Part 6 and 7 in the future!!

Lots of amazing info! When I read Part 5 last year. I knew they're really going all in with the stands! Especially Requiem!

Anyways, It's going to have a fun chemistry between Mista and Trish! I was actually surprise how girly Trish acted inside Mista's body. Despite her cold attitude, she's still a girl at heart.

Also, this is the arc where I'm expecting for Fugo to show.

Final 5 episodes! Let's do this!
Jun 23, 2019 4:18 AM

Jul 2016
Grimmgeta said:
I think some of you are just nitpicking the OP change on purpose because you want something to complain about.

Yep, people need to complain for whatever reason. The show was great and I can't wait to see why Bucci body is not moving (I am assuming it is too do with being dead?)
Jun 24, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2018
Well, this was awful. Plotholes aside, really ?

Polnareff is back and for what? He got his ass kicked easily in a poorly made flashback, didn't ask Jotaro or the Speedwagon Foundation for help (and it probably will never get explained), waited for years doing jack shit, actually hesitated to retrieve the arrow that was stuck, can't control his stand anymore and is in a story that didn't need him in any way and now... He is a turtle. A freaking turtle that is clearly gonna die before the end... Is this a rule now in Jojo? That the new arc has to take a massive dump on the previous characters ?

Joseph is now a fragile senile old man who cheated on his wife and Polnareff got destroyed by Diavolo and is now stuck in a turtle body. Fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens to Jotaro in part 6... At least, Jonathan is safe.

And let's not even talk about Trish being OOC in this episode, the fact that Polnareff didn't understand that Doppio and Diavolo are the same guy (also someone should tell Diavolo that he has shit stuck in his hair) and the stupid "Power" of Requiem Chariot that has nothing to with the original stand.

Man, I used to make fun of Fugo but actually, he might had the right idea after all by quitting before the end. But let's be positive here, the actors voicing the show are still great and you feel they had fun with this. I had a giggle hearing the voice of Narancia talking like Giorno.
Di-AnsatsuJun 24, 2019 8:52 AM
Jun 24, 2019 2:15 PM
Nov 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Well, this was awful. Plotholes aside, really ?

Polnareff is back and for what? He got his ass kicked easily in a poorly made flashback, didn't ask Jotaro or the Speedwagon Foundation for help (and it probably will never get explained), waited for years doing jack shit, actually hesitated to retrieve the arrow that was stuck, can't control his stand anymore and is in a story that didn't need him in any way and now... He is a turtle. A freaking turtle that is clearly gonna die before the end... Is this a rule now in Jojo? That the new arc has to take a massive dump on the previous characters ?

Joseph is now a fragile senile old man who cheated on his wife and Polnareff got destroyed by Diavolo and is now stuck in a turtle body. Fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens to Jotaro in part 6... At least, Jonathan is safe.

And let's not even talk about Trish being OOC in this episode, the fact that Polnareff didn't understand that Doppio and Diavolo are the same guy (also someone should tell Diavolo that he has shit stuck in his hair) and the stupid "Power" of Requiem Chariot that has nothing to with the original stand.

Man, I used to make fun of Fugo but actually, he might had the right idea after all by quitting before the end. But let's be positive here, the actors voicing the show are still great and you feel they had fun with this. I had a giggle hearing the voice of Narancia talking like Giorno.

Polnaref already told he was cut off and the mafia controlled all comunication, the character ages and dies they are not special that what make the show good, Requiem powers are special that the point polnareff already told the powers granted by the full power of the arrow, jonathan died in his own part. diavolo skipped time betwen transformation and both personality look different
Jun 24, 2019 7:51 PM

Nov 2018
And Jotaro didn't try to search and look for one of his best friends ? Especially after he lost many friends in Stardust Crusaders ? He could at least mentionned during part IV or V the fact that Polnareff was missing. Also Diavolo tough that Polnareff was dead, Frenchie could have easily sent a message to Jotaro. And why Joseph couldn't use his stand to find Polnareff ?

Aging, yeah I get that. But in only 10 years, Joseph became senile, really ? Especially when he is a master of the Ripple, the one thing that makes you age slower. And no, treating you characters like crap for no real reason isn't what makes a show "good". There is a difference between giving a good death to a character an dtreating him badly.

Yes, I know that Jonathan died in his part, that's was my point.

Both Dia and Dopi look very much alike, Polnareff isn't dumb.This was just a poor way to justify the death in the following episode.

I get liking this part but it's kinda silly to see fans trying to come up with excuses to explain the stupidity of this arc. And yes, I know that Jojo follows "the rule of cool logic" but here, i failed to see the cool parts.

Jun 25, 2019 1:46 AM
Nov 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
And Jotaro didn't try to search and look for one of his best friends ? Especially after he lost many friends in Stardust Crusaders ? He could at least mentionned during part IV or V the fact that Polnareff was missing. Also Diavolo tough that Polnareff was dead, Frenchie could have easily sent a message to Jotaro. And why Joseph couldn't use his stand to find Polnareff ?

Aging, yeah I get that. But in only 10 years, Joseph became senile, really ? Especially when he is a master of the Ripple, the one thing that makes you age slower. And no, treating you characters like crap for no real reason isn't what makes a show "good". There is a difference between giving a good death to a character an dtreating him badly.

Both Dia and Dopi look very much alike, Polnareff isn't dumb.This was just a poor way to justify the death in the following episode.

I get liking this part but it's kinda silly to see fans trying to come up with excuses to explain the stupidity of this arc. And yes, I know that Jojo follows "the rule of cool logic" but here, i failed to see the cool parts.

Jotaro got other stuff to do like his studies the fact he was investigating in america and japan + the event of diamond is unbreakable
Joseph wass 79 10 year can do that and he stopped hamon because he hate traning
. Doppio and diavolo look very different one is a 16 year old kid and the other is a 30 year old buff adult and polnareff was under stress
Jul 1, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2018
Jotaro had better things to do than searching for his missing best friend ? And apparently Frenchie was gone for years so even with the event of DIU, he had plenty of time.

Joseph wouldn't let himself go senile; I think he prefer to trained a little to still be in good shape, especially with all the crazy stand users running around. It's just that Araki seems to love making fun of his previous character + he wanted to push some forced father/son between Joseph and Josuke.

"Under Stress", ha, that's a good one ! Kinda remind me of the "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet " excuse.
Jul 1, 2019 2:05 PM
Nov 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Jotaro had better things to do than searching for his missing best friend ? And apparently Frenchie was gone for years so even with the event of DIU, he had plenty of time.

Joseph wouldn't let himself go senile; I think he prefer to trained a little to still be in good shape, especially with all the crazy stand users running around. It's just that Araki seems to love making fun of his previous character + he wanted to push some forced father/son between Joseph and Josuke.

"Under Stress", ha, that's a good one ! Kinda remind me of the "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet " excuse.

joseph hated effort and training he only did hamon beccause he had no choice his stand is not for fighting it for intel and was always a goofy dumbass.
also yes jotaro had more impotant things that polnareff and just assum he is still searching.
Jul 12, 2019 4:30 AM
Dec 2017
I'm a bit confused. Did the voice actors keep their body and just changed their voice/personality or did the voice actors keep their characters and changed bodies? For example, did Giorno's VA play Narancia in Giorno's body or did Narancia's VA play Giorno in Giorno's body?
Jul 12, 2019 7:11 AM

Oct 2018
FelleBanan_ygsr said:
I'm a bit confused. Did the voice actors keep their body and just changed their voice/personality or did the voice actors keep their characters and changed bodies? For example, did Giorno's VA play Narancia in Giorno's body or did Narancia's VA play Giorno in Giorno's body?

Yeah, Giorno's VA imitated Narancia's voice as well as he could and so did all the other voice actors for their respective characters
Jul 15, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
Giorno's VA making his voice softer when he's possessed by Nara is the most adorable thing ever
Jul 16, 2019 9:24 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Diavolo hijacked the opening

Di-Ansatsu said:

Joseph’s senility goes away at the end

As for Jotaro,
Jul 28, 2019 9:04 AM

Mar 2009
Some hilarious moments in this episode, despite all the crazy and intense shit going on.
...can we keep Mista in Trish's body? Please?

Man, I should've seen the whole "unlocking the true potential of the Stand" thing coming. Very cool and makes sense with JoJo's internal logic. WTF would've happened if Dio's or Jotaro's Stand got pierced by the arrow? They would've been incredibly OP. This reveal really gets the imagination going.

Also fuck yes! Polnareff is still alive! He may be a turtle, but I'll take it!
Jul 30, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
it was funny episode, except bucelati's decision making, he knows he is dead man walking yet he decided to chase after arrow in Diavolo's body instead destroying body in tinny pieces and thus killing Diavolo when wierd mix ends is bit silly
Aug 7, 2019 6:45 AM

Mar 2015
Oh wow it's getting really good for sure! The body swapping comedy was gold for sure
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2012
Quite the odd ability for the upgraded Chariot. It doesn't even have a sword anymore.
Aug 11, 2019 10:59 PM
Jun 2016
The OP made me feel emotional with Diavolo manipulating it, tbh.

So I'm guessing Bucciarati is switched with Coco Jumbo (the tortoise with the room stand 'Mr. President')? I mean, it makes sense from the protagonists' point of view since the his body isn't moving. There's also Diavolo which his presence isn't being felt by Trish, and Polnareff, who just died.

Ok, I'm wrong. The one in Coco Jumbo's body is Polnareff. Yeah, that explains all the 'turtle' memes about him. Well, at least the eyecatch shows who is switched with who (other than Bucciarati).

Oh yeah, there's Doppio as well but I'll just assume he can't be in the same place where Diavolo is also there. So Bucciarati is indeed switched with Diavolo. That means that he's simply just sleeping since Bucciarati's body isn't moving.
Sep 2, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
To think that the arrow had much more power than making stand users, if Dio knew this....

If Narancia is Giorno, Giorno is Narancia, Trish is mista, Mista is Trish, Turtle is Polnareff, Dead body is turtle, Diavolo is Bruno then that means one thing....Mista has just touched an underage girl

Feb 11, 2020 3:10 AM

Jul 2013
When I think this show can't get any more exciting, they add this exchange soul thing lol that makes things fun.
Feb 24, 2020 4:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the edit on the opening ! switching bodies is really interesting
Mar 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2010
Please keep Polnareff's soul in that turtle or recover his body somehow... lol I need that dude to reunite with the Old gang. Can't let it finish like this... Turtle man ftw.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2020 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Body swap..... body swap.... wat?
I mean i am not against the idea, is definitely a neat one to explore but it should not be used at the climax of the story nor as a way to give characters some info dump because polnareff cant catch a break..... than there is the whole deal with the arrow, i thought like with Kira it was meant to awaken a new really powerfull ability that correlates to the stand basic ability, but instead is this whole get people to fall a sleep and change their bodies. Men this was realy disapointing not gonna lie, after everything being so amazing up until this point to take things to this direction...
Jul 21, 2020 7:37 PM

Mar 2020
Polnareff going out as a teenage mutant ninja turtle smh look how they massacred my french boy
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 19, 2020 4:36 PM
Aug 2020
The OP was so freaking cool man DP always nail them when the enemy is revealed!!! and wtf that was bizarre......
Dec 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Aug 2018
so Polnareff is dead but not dead dead. k

Dec 31, 2020 12:58 AM

Jul 2020
Oh so this is that new opening. I like it..
Song is the same but they changed a few things in video.
Something similar was in Part 4 and Part 3. Yeah I definitely like that.

Nice, they changed their bodies. Una and Mista best combination, amazing.
Polnareff is alive but he is turtle now....
and that "mysterious guy" I knew it that it was Chariot Requiem.
Nov 15, 2021 3:10 PM

Jan 2021
The opening was cool Chariot Requiem also looked cool the body swap was funny they put my boi Polnareff in a turtle and Bucciarati already knew what to do with no hesitation
Dec 5, 2021 11:59 AM
Nov 2020
Polnareff is definitely that person who lets an important relic gets stuck in between the table and the wall
Jan 8, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
Oh god, this is it, this is the kind of excitement I was looking in jojo's, I was actually accepting that it would never be as good as part 2 but it's back and it's even better than what I could've imagined. Bizarre indeed.
Mar 8, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2022
Oh god that OP change was glorious
Mar 20, 2022 7:39 PM

May 2021
The OP's pretty good. There are 2 souls from the Boss; wonder what's gonna happen to it.

Apr 16, 2022 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
Is nice to see how useful it is to have the turtle around. Hopefully we get more explanation on how the arrow is able to swap bodies. Not a fan at all of the origin backstory of it.

But it was pridictable that, Buciaratti was in Diavolos body.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 30, 2022 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
Now I know what all the "Polnareff turns into a turtle" memes mean...

Wow, that was veeeeery weird.

Jul 25, 2022 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
I really hope the endings good, because i've been really enjoying this since like episode 25. If the ending is good enough this might even be my favorite part.

Sep 25, 2022 7:56 PM
Sep 2020
perfection, that felt like 5 minutes
Dec 17, 2022 5:36 AM
Oct 2022
the best episode i have watched so far, the
Dec 24, 2022 11:18 AM

Aug 2019
Mista and Trish are hilarious lmao

I never thought I'd see the day when Polnareff turned into a turtle lol.

Anyways, Diavolo is hot.
Jan 16, 2023 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
wouldn't be polnareff without a fake death
Feb 6, 2023 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
definitely sat thru thr opening and was not not disappointed at all.  i guess diavolo look is growing on me a lil. Still miss doppio lol. And I hope Polnareff can figure out a way to survive this.. im guessing we're not gonna see jotaru for any upcoming help? 

Sooo does this mean diavolo might be inside brunos body? Really glad to see Bruno doing good in the boss' body!

Things are getting more convoluted lol.
May 4, 2023 11:30 AM

Jan 2021
Buccellati the most goated character of part 5
May 14, 2023 5:38 PM
Apr 2020
Didn't expect a body swap lmao, Sticky Fingers coming out of Diavolo was the best thing ever hahaha

also the voice actors did such a good job imitating each other, this was awesome
May 22, 2023 5:51 PM

Nov 2010
That extra scene during the OP was cool.
This was one of the funniest episodes this season!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.