Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Feb 2017
ACornelis said:
Wow, this episode was so garbage. It was on the same level as Sword art Online when it comes to incompetent writing and directing.

If you enjoyed this episode i really need you to watch it again and pay attention to what's going on because you clearly missed how poor and dumb it was.
how about you explain what you thought was dumb etc people might take you seriously then xd
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 23, 2019 6:15 PM
Aug 2016
ttcchen said:
LavalGaming said:

Well how can you increase the actual age lol. Even if she did that wouldn’t make a difference between Naofumi and Raphtalia
increase her age like an ordinary human being? Anime onlys would watch this episode and wonder why the chibi Raphtalia is suddenly a teenager when only a week has passed. They should have adapted properly and explain how demi-humans grow according to their level, not their age.

That’s how mafia works.

But yea I can understand. Some anime just don’t explain it but instead show it, that’s how some adapt light novel into anime
Jan 23, 2019 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
This is the anime that I most expect in the week. Already in a week Raphtalia has grown enough. Hopefully answer that rumor about the semi-humans. Seeing that woman makes me feel uncomfortable, hopefully they will find out about their crime.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 23, 2019 6:51 PM

May 2016
Glad I came to the forums, I was really confused on how she grew so much. Another great episode, really enjoying this series.

Jan 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Aug 2018
I have one MAJOR problem/concern with this series....

.....it’s that I have to wait a whole week to see another episode! THIS ANIME IS SO FRIGGIN GOOD!!! I’m so tempted to read the manga, but I feel like I’ll enjoy the anime more. To think that this is gonna be 25 episodes released weekly... PLZ HELP!?
Jan 23, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
Shocks! that was fast! that Raphtalia has gotten adult form and extremely pretty beautiful!
Nice! Raphtalia's level is higher than Naofumi!
The way Raphtalia went pissed-off to the Knights! was awesome! She's furious!
They have survived that wave! How lucky!
bad vibes still goes-oh huh! I wonder if Raphtalia would stay loyal to Naofumi if she were found-out the truth?
5/5.

Jan 23, 2019 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
LavalGaming said:
ttcchen said:
increase her age like an ordinary human being? Anime onlys would watch this episode and wonder why the chibi Raphtalia is suddenly a teenager when only a week has passed. They should have adapted properly and explain how demi-humans grow according to their level, not their age.

That’s how mafia works.

But yea I can understand. Some anime just don’t explain it but instead show it, that’s how some adapt light novel into anime

Ponds667 said:
Glad I came to the forums, I was really confused on how she grew so much. Another great episode, really enjoying this series.

This proves my point.
Jan 23, 2019 7:16 PM

May 2016
ttcchen said:
LavalGaming said:

That’s how mafia works.

Ponds667 said:

This proves my point.

Yeah, I saw your post earlier which cleared this up. Would reading the manga concurrently be a good solution?

Jan 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
Ponds667 said:
ttcchen said:

This proves my point.

Yeah, I saw your post earlier which cleared this up. Would reading the manga concurrently be a good solution?

If you cannot wait for the anime adaptation, sure. But so far the anime adapted the manga/LN pretty well so don't worry about missing info that wasn't shown in the anime but showed in the manga
Jan 23, 2019 7:24 PM

Jul 2016
just wait till next episode, everyone will declare raphtalia as best girl <3
Jan 23, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2019
"This country is full of lolicons" lol wtf ?!!
MarkazJan 23, 2019 8:30 PM
Jan 23, 2019 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was really good. I feel like Raphtalia is at the point though that she would defend Naofumi no matter what. Dude these other Heroes are really pissing me off but not as much as that red haired BITCH. I can't stand her.

Dude Naofumi is a boss, his and Raphtalias development had been awesome.

When those Knights decided to stay back and help Naofumi and Raph...I was like "Hell yes my boy is finally getting some respect!"
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 23, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
For some reason, even when I was reading the manga, I imagined that Raph's voice when she physically got older would have sounded the same as her child-like voice lol....But I'm glad that it matured as well, she sounds a lot more like best girl Mai now :'')

Aesthetically, I love the way that the anime portrays the wave with that ominous looking sky and the bgm used to portray just how serious and sinister these things are and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well as how they chose to animate the monsters

Raph and Naofumi did great and I really liked seeing some of the knights and villagers come around to help them (That and I found the small moves made by the other heroes to look cool too) but man I wish he let those other cunt knights die....God I forgot how much I hate almost everyone from that damn capital kingdom (The other heroes included)

Thank god the villagers are actually good people and acknowledged and thanked Shield Bro for what he did unlike the other heroes and cunt knights who pretty much left them for dead and didn't give a shit about their homes....And it looks like Raph is starting to understand why the rest of those guys suck too, so I'm glad that she was able to figure that out on her own instead of getting deceived by what Spear Cunt said

But with that being said, from this point on, I am officially an anime only watcher and I can't wait to see what else is in store for me with this series and it's characters.....Great episode overall

Those other heroes are truly an eyesore with how they have been acting so far.
Jan 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2017
Xdes said:
BlaveBliss said:
I thought this episode was good. I enjoyed the combat scenes but like others have said I wish the monster were constantly in battle and not standing over cornered people. Did I not comprehend what was said in the first episode about how the sacred items couldn't be used near each other? How come the other three heroes were able to fight the one boss monster then?

Indeed,the monsters standing around ruined it a bit.Afaik the sacred weapons can be used near each other just that they will level slowly if they are nearby and in a party

Thank you for clarifying that!
Jan 23, 2019 8:17 PM

May 2018
ttcchen said:
and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

They did mention that it was the boss, one of them even said that boss wasn't very strong
Jan 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Dec 2017
yea i like this, i think there’s still more room for Raphtalia growth there, it still looks like a teenager.

and also, a very good battle sequence too. that Raphtalia & Naofumi linked combo animation is good
Jan 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Dec 2011
xELITx said:
"Can't believe this city is full of lolicons" lol wtf ?!!

He is blinded by his hate and rage for woman. He still sees her as a child.... like... literally. When he looks at her, he sees her as the same child we all saw last episode... and everyone is hitting on that child.
Jan 23, 2019 8:25 PM
Jan 2019
Hipster-Haze said:
Dang how did you get to this episode so quickly, it isn't even out on crunchyroll for me yet x.x

https://www.watchcartoononline.io/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari-episode-3-english-subbed
Jan 23, 2019 8:51 PM

Sep 2017
That was probably the last thing I would have guessed would happen this episode. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the wave was gonna be a huge epic fight and after it's done they get to leave. Apparently not. It seems there will be multiple waves.

Also I was trippin balls for like half the episode trying to figure out wtf happened with Raphtalia looking so much older. I didn't know if I somehow missed a huge time skip even tho no one else looked older or if demi people age faster. Thankfully the character description on mal cleared it up. Ffs anime you couldn't possibly have spared 5 seconds to explain why tf a main character looks substantially older than in the last episode. Pretty stupid choice if you ask me. Also the concept of being a 10 year old mind in an adult body is kinda weird.
ProofByColorJan 23, 2019 8:58 PM
Jan 23, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2014
ProofByColor said:

Ffs anime you couldn't possibly have speared 5 seconds to explain why tf a main character looks substantially older than in the last episode. Pretty stupid choice if you ask me. Also the concept of being a 10 year old mind in an adult body is kinda weird.

The story doesn't expect you to just accept that either. Hold your breath until the next ep.

Jan 23, 2019 8:57 PM

Apr 2007
bakacheeto said:
just wait till next episode, everyone will declare raphtalia as best girl <3

I caved. Which is rare for me since usually I don't want anything to do with manga. Raphtalia already best girl but I guess next episode will cement it? I love these types of characters.
Jan 23, 2019 9:01 PM

Jan 2017
Prisca98 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxyVg6MKjw

OP lyrics is Naofumi's POV, ED lyrics is Raphtalia's.

Thanks a lot :)

#characterlimitsucks
Jan 23, 2019 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
can someone tell me how demi human aging works? they age by leveling up? both physically and mentally? or just physically? and if they reach high levels they supposed to look like an old lady? and how their life span works then?
Jan 23, 2019 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
Will we be able to see other Heroes levels too? Cause looks like Raphtalia and Shield Hero are quite high levels I think they might have passed other heroes, no?

Also that cute Racoon loli not loli anymore I think it's not the age but it could be that the higher the level the faster the growth + speed + strenght + inteligence + confidence maybe? Just like we saw Raphtalia on Ep2 and Ep3 her character changed really quickly, so might be cause of her level?

I am looking forward to next ep, I hope we get to see other Heroes levels and what they do... They people slack and get boosted by the king while Shield Hero grinds like a f2p and learns more about their world.
Jan 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
lol, many ppl mad cus she is not a loli anymore
she leverl up fast in manga too so no biggie for me :)))
they did cut some scenes and made a tad differnt but good aftert all
The spider is watching
Jan 23, 2019 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
ttcchen said:
Great adaptation, especially like the tower part
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

We already know that her age is 10 from when he bought her. Her status (I think race/age) was displayed in episode 2. I think people can infer from the fact that the wave ended that the demon was the boss.. but yea, it would've been good to be more explicit.

I'm sad that this wasn't adapted either. It was a really touching scene which was perfect for ending the black dog arc:

I've had it as the wallpaper of my phone for the longest time.
NainJan 23, 2019 10:17 PM
Jan 23, 2019 10:12 PM

Dec 2011
vipergod said:
can someone tell me how demi human aging works? they age by leveling up? both physically and mentally? or just physically? and if they reach high levels they supposed to look like an old lady? and how their life span works then?

They reach maturity via leveling. Once they mature they stop aging via levels.
Jan 23, 2019 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
Draconalis said:
vipergod said:

thats weird ! so they can live their entire life span a child if they don't level up?
Jan 23, 2019 10:21 PM

Apr 2007
vipergod said:

Everything will be explained next episode.

But no, leveling speeds up the process but they will still age normally if they don't level up. Once they reach their physical peak then they will no longer grow older with each new level.

And they age physically, not mentally. She is still mentally 10 years old.
KilluanJan 23, 2019 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
vipergod said:

They're closer to monsters than they are to humans, so they age as they gain levels until they reach their peak physical form (usually around 18-21 years old). The logic here is that higher level monsters are bigger and stronger, and so are demi-humans. They're like Pokemons, and their 18-21 years old form is their final evolution. Granted, Raphtalia is more the exception than the norm, as I believe most demi-humans don't get power-leveled by a hero like Raphtalia did.

Mentally, technically she should still be around 10 years old. However, it is a fact that biological growth of the brain leads to increased executive functions and other traits that makes an adult an adult. So if I had to guess, she would have the personality of an 18-21 year old, but the life experience of a 10 year old.

Rav8LRupsy said:
Will we be able to see other Heroes levels too? Cause looks like Raphtalia and Shield Hero are quite high levels I think they might have passed other heroes, no?

Nope. Naofumi is still severely underleveled compared to the other three. They had a huge headstart due their big dick damage and endorsement by the crown while Naofumi had to punch balloons and pick herbs for a week before he met Raph.

Feb 2014
Decent episode. I kinda saw it coming. Nothing to be expected out of ordinary.

Otherwise pretty good animation and VA's doing great.
Jan 23, 2019 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
vipergod said:
Draconalis said:

thats weird ! so they can live their entire life span a child if they don't level up?

Nah, they still age via time, it's just the leveling up speeds them along to maturity.
Jan 23, 2019 10:40 PM
Nov 2018
Swagernator said:
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Everything will change from the next wave on
Jan 23, 2019 10:43 PM

Nov 2018
Honestly I can't care less about the other heroes, they can go to hell for all I care
Raphtalia grew a nice attitude, liked it
And that princess can go to hell already
Jan 23, 2019 10:57 PM

Jun 2015
SuccHunter said:
vipergod said:

They're closer to monsters than they are to humans, so they age as they gain levels until they reach their peak physical form (usually around 18-21 years old). The logic here is that higher level monsters are bigger and stronger, and so are demi-humans. They're like Pokemons, and their 18-21 years old form is their final evolution. Granted, Raphtalia is more the exception than the norm, as I believe most demi-humans don't get power-leveled by a hero like Raphtalia did.

Mentally, technically she should still be around 10 years old. However, it is a fact that biological growth of the brain leads to increased executive functions and other traits that makes an adult an adult. So if I had to guess, she would have the personality of an 18-21 year old, but the life experience of a 10 year old.

Rav8LRupsy said:

Nope. Naofumi is still severely underleveled compared to the other three. They had a huge headstart due their big dick damage and endorsement by the crown while Naofumi had to punch balloons and pick herbs for a week before he met Raph.

that makes stuff so weird, so how does romance/sexual stuff work here? she still likes naofumi like a father? or she has romantic stuff in mind?vice versa
Jan 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Apr 2016
Raph is best girl already.
BRAWLERS
Jan 23, 2019 11:10 PM

Nov 2014
Nain said:
ttcchen said:
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

We already know that her age is 10 from when he bought her. Her status (I think race/age) was displayed in episode 2. I think people can infer from the fact that the wave ended that the demon was the boss.. but yea, it would've been good to be more explicit.

I'm sad that this wasn't adapted either. It was a really touching scene which was perfect for ending the black dog arc:

I've had it as the wallpaper of my phone for the longest time.

That reminds me in the 2nd eps I think, we were shown a scene where chibi Raphtalia was crying after wetting the bed. I wonder if Naofumi was sleeping with her at the time and if so he probably got some piss on him xD
Jan 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
Rav8LRupsy said:

Also that cute Racoon loli not loli anymore I think it's not the age but it could be that the higher the level the faster the growth + speed + strenght + inteligence + confidence maybe? Just like we saw Raphtalia on Ep2 and Ep3 her character changed really quickly, so might be cause of her level?

I am looking forward to next ep, I hope we get to see other Heroes levels and what they do... They people slack and get boosted by the king while Shield Hero grinds like a f2p and learns more about their world.
Not even close. A few weeks had gone by from when they were first summoned/Naofumi's fall from grace, and the start of episode 2. Sword, Bow, and Spear all inherently have an easier time leveling as they don't have to rely on anyone to kill anything. I would honestly say that they're close to double Raphtalia's and Naofumi's levels.
Jan 24, 2019 12:19 AM
Nov 2016
Why does the spear hero have to be such a huge asshole?
Jan 24, 2019 12:19 AM

Apr 2015
I love this anime, but I hate to see when people are this absolutely idiotic, like the first episode.

DIE IN A FIRE, SLOWLY!!!!!
Jan 24, 2019 12:20 AM

May 2015
Raphtalia grows up so fast. I guess she ages in Racoon Dog years...or maybe she grows as she levels up...

Almost doubted Raph's loyalty there...

Creep Pulling!

Doesn't he have a fire shield? He's been feeding it fire, right? That could help a lot...

CHARGING STAR!

So the three heroes deal with the big threat and get praised by the nobles while Captain Japan protects the commonfolk even when the Knights disregard their presence and just rain fire arrows everywhere. I would have done the exact same thing Captain Japan did. So you don't give a damn about me? Fine, I'll let you guys fight the monsters then. At least he's getting some support. I hope that he gets an AOE taunt ability so that he can pull harder. Knowing that he's supposed to be the tank of the four heroes, there's probably going to be a moment where they're all going to need his help in dealing with a wave that they can't handle. These people are twisted. Time to fight injustice with justice!
Jan 24, 2019 12:21 AM

Mar 2014
vipergod said:

that makes stuff so weird, so how does romance/sexual stuff work here? she still likes naofumi like a father? or she has romantic stuff in mind?vice versa

You don't have to worry about that. Romance isn't even gonna be a thing at all in this adaptation. They should really remove the tag. Naofumi only sees himself as Raphtalia's foster father and caretaker. The guy doesn't even notice that she's become a young woman for crying out loud. Mild spoilers if you want to read more.

Jan 24, 2019 12:28 AM

Jun 2012
Defo. not a bad episode, was true if not nearly true to the manga. For the fight, and then dragon glass scene. All of the scenes were true.

Very well done.

And yeah for the posts above, they really did cut out a shit ton of cute shit.. But I guess its the anime adaption so it really can't be helped.

The fighting at the wave matters way more.

This is a surprisingly good adaption....
SasoraJan 24, 2019 12:31 AM
Jan 24, 2019 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
SuccHunter said:
vipergod said:

You don't have to worry about that. Romance isn't even gonna be a thing at all in this adaptation. They should really remove the tag. Naofumi only sees himself as Raphtalia's foster father and caretaker. The guy doesn't even notice that she's become a young woman for crying out loud. Mild spoilers if you want to read more.

You're right, I'm done. They need to make a tag called "One-Sided Romance". This would literally be on so many anime lmao.
Jan 24, 2019 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
Raphtalia grow up in one week? WOTOFOK
And that personality... TSUNDERE? PLS NO
But i really enjoy this episode
NAOFUMI YOUR ARE TE BEST MY FRIENDD
Jan 24, 2019 12:48 AM

Feb 2009
ttcchen said:

She will reaveal that after the duel in the next episode.
Jan 24, 2019 1:28 AM

Apr 2016
That red haired slut bitch and the fuckboi spear asshole are getting on my nerves. I can't wait for these two asshats to eat shit and die.

Grown up Raphtalia is cute. Definitely a must protecc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2019 1:51 AM
Sep 2017
Huex3 said:
Well the anime seems to be diverging from the LN as well. Just like how the LN diverged from the WN. This must be the nicest version of Naofumi I have ever seen.

I've read the manga and light novel, too, so yeah ... I'm missing some of his jibes and taunts. ^^
Jan 24, 2019 1:52 AM
Sep 2016
Reload said:
FreezePeach said:
Awesome episode. I don't remember the tower part in LN, is it from manga? Church has an interesting emblem, they keep throwing in little hints about the bigger picture.
Not in manga either from what I remember. Adaptation has already taken liberties as is. Foreshadowing is one of them. They're likely changing the order of big reveals as well. Adds mystery to the story, but most anime onlys see it as leaving questions unanswered. Just got to be patient and finish the series before asking.

It's not based off a manga... The manga adaptation leaves out details as well
1.1.Six
Jan 24, 2019 2:08 AM

Aug 2018
SuccHunter said:

Naofumi only sees himself as Raphtalia's foster father and caretaker. The guy doesn't even notice that she's become a young woman for crying out loud.
Naofumi is really starting to piss me off. The amount he was pouting this episode is right at my threshold. I'm hoping next week will be better.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.