Forum Settings
Forums

'Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch' to Premiere in February 2019

New
Aug 3, 2018 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
Bandai Visual released a teaser preview and revealed that the previously announced Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch sequel will be a movie that will open in February 2019. The movie will premiere in 120 theaters including Shinjuku Wald 9.

Director Gorou Taniguchi and scriptwriter Ichiro Okouchi are among the key staff that are returning for the movie, which serves as a sequel to the recap movie trilogy.

Staff
Knightmare Frame Original Design: Akira Yasuda (Code Geass mechanical design)
Knightmare Frame Design: Eiji Nakada (Turn A Gundam animation director)
Mechanical Design, Concept Design: Kenji Teraoka (Gundam Build Divers)
Color Design: Akiko Shibata (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Director of Photography: Youji Chiba (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito)
Editing: Seiji Morita (Junketsu no Maria)
Distribution: Showgate

A Blu-ray box containing all five parts of the Boukoku no Akito movie series will be released on January 29, 2019.

Teaser

Source: Moca News
tsubasaloverAug 3, 2018 8:06 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 3:45 AM

Aug 2015
Sad to know that it's not an anime series but a film.

Nevertheless,i am still looking forward to the sequel.
Aug 8, 2018 4:12 AM
Apr 2017
i have no idea how to feel about this
but i am glad that it does not have a impact on the first series
Aug 8, 2018 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
I feel like the hype will die with the news that it's just a movie.
Aug 8, 2018 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
I was already skeptical about a sequel. While I didn't think it was necessary, I would always enjoy more Code Geass. Sadly, however, this has disappointed me. For a franchise with so much popularity and potential, I have been whole heatedly let down by the fact that not only is this a movie sequel... but also because the plot has changed too much for my liking. Some of the most disappointing are...

If somehow anyone from Sunrise is reading this, you have let down a lot of your western audience. I don't even think a season three announcement after the movie can redeem yourselves now. But please, I still have hope. The first two seasons and Akito were magical, please make the same magic happen.
Aug 8, 2018 10:05 AM

Sep 2017
My reaction:

Looks like there won't be another Sunrise on the Code Geass horizon.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 8, 2018 10:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So overall Sunrise pulled a Rebuild of Evangelion with Code Geass.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 8, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
I totally thought this would be a 2 cour anime. Well... 1 movie it is...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 2:05 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Aug 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Jan 2009
damn not even 6 episodes on a 1 hour per episode OVA
Aug 9, 2018 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
From what I'm reading, it seems that this is an alternate universe movie, which kinda sucks and good at the same time. The good part is that the anime ending doesn't get ruined with Lelouch returning, the sucky part is that I've been so hyped about this that it's apparently and basically an AU fanfiction adapted to a movie.

Aug 23, 2018 4:23 AM
Aug 2018
Oh come on! Just a movie?

Pretty disappointed right now.
Aug 29, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 2018
While r2 has a great ending, I am excited for r3' because CC is still alive and at the end of r2 episode 25 CC says something that suggests Lelouch was still alive.
And he could be alive, because he might have become immortal by killing his father.
Aug 30, 2018 12:00 AM

Jan 2018
changelog_ said:
I was already skeptical about a sequel. While I didn't think it was necessary, I would always enjoy more Code Geass. Sadly, however, this has disappointed me. For a franchise with so much popularity and potential, I have been whole heatedly let down by the fact that not only is this a movie sequel... but also because the plot has changed too much for my liking. Some of the most disappointing are...

If somehow anyone from Sunrise is reading this, you have let down a lot of your western audience. I don't even think a season three announcement after the movie can redeem yourselves now. But please, I still have hope. The first two seasons and Akito were magical, please make the same magic happen.

while the movie announcement is a bit of a disappointment to me the fact that it is a movie and not a season three with all these changes suggest that its just an alternate universe and that the original story is still the main cannon.

More topics from this board

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast

Nioxys - Apr 28

8 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

20 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

9 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
4 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

37 by AkbarSenpai202 »»
5 hours ago

» '#Compass 2.0: Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Apr 28

2 by CocoaGalaxy »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.