Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2012 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
I was half-way thinking that the Mai's thing would be that she is making the whole demons thing up in her mind for some reason. But, no, it appears they are real.

Interesting discovery that the girl who claims to always be sick is the other girls little sister, or at least related to her somehow. This is clearly Mai's arc, so i'm surprised that was revealed already.

I liked this episode. Would of given it a 4/5.
Jun 19, 2012 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
That was a great episode...until the supernatural crap came in.
Aug 13, 2012 3:18 AM

May 2012
Great episode! Gives a twist on how Ayu gets that angel doll and Yuuichi now knows there's something different than having a cold with Shiori and that she might be the sister of Kaori.

The dance was quite amusing a bit longer than the 2002Version but ended mostly the same! Slightly different is that now people where there to witness than running all outside, don't think this will change the outcome for the next episode but it was sure interesting!

Nice episode!
Aug 15, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode! The best part is when nayuki face planted on the table at the beginning of the episode when yuuchi was shacking her haha.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 19, 2012 10:04 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
Mai wanting to dance with Yuuichi was awesome, luved dys ep.
Sep 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
AzureBlues said:
That was a great episode...until the supernatural crap came in.

It's KEY, what do you expect? Things take sharp, unexpected turns when they're made by KEY. It's one of the reasons they're so great.

I love the dance between Yuuichi and Mai, so cute, and Mai looked absolutely beautiful, but of course that demon had to ruin everything and Mai gets the blame.
Oct 8, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2009
Not a good dancer? Pulling off that many twirls without stepping on each other's feet would suggest otherwise. Although I love how (although it was put in for dramatic effect) having just a few couples dancing with a mob of people just talking in groups around the edge of the room was actually how most High School dances worked... Although the dances at our school usually were themed quite a bit differently, definitely never like a ball. And finally, how the hell did nobody notice the invisible demon, if all the glass (2 stories up) started shattering and tables were being smashed left in right, even if their was some random girl swinging a sword around I still sure as hell wouldn't pin all the destruction on her.
Jun 23, 2013 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
Best episode yet. Everything happened so fast! So many plots were moved forward, from Shiori's to Ayu, and most importantly Mai's!

On Shiori, she loves the cold, she is Maori's sister, perhaps she is like Makoto in some way (Makoto loved the warm, and wasn't quite human)? So looking forward to it!

On Ayu, that doll. It has the same wings as her backpack does. What does it mean? (Jun Maeda apparently wrote that arc, so I will be crying like a little girl when we find out)

Mai.... Oh, My Mai My.... That was an awesome episode about her!

Mai was beautiful in that dress!

And Mai reacting to a joke O.O

But most importantly, THAT DANCE! (I am such a sucker for a good waltz)

I totally jumped up and shouted NO at this though!
Nov 12, 2013 10:01 PM

Nov 2010
I really loved the song that Yuuichi and Mai danced to. It just reminded me of "Sleeping Beauty"!``
"I... Love you, I'll walk with you once upon a dream``"

Hm. I was liking the Student Council guy until the ending of that episode. It's the look that got to me.

Other than that, cute episode!!``
Dec 25, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2013
That demon part at the end was the last thing that I expected to happen. When I saw them dancing I just had a feeling that something bad would happen, but nonetheless it REALLY caught me off guard. Poor Mia...I wonder what will happen to her in the next episode. I hope the stupid student counsel person doesn't expel her from the school since i really like her. People like him really iterate me. I really liked the rest of the episode and the dancing scene, though.
Jan 1, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode. Yeah, it was a lot surnatural, but it was well made and really mysterious.

That president really look like that arrogant asshole type. I already hate him.

Mai was cute in that dress. Well, until it was ripped appart.

Man, that ''demon'' really fucked up their dance, not cool :(

About Ayu, we learned a lot of thing. Now we know that it was Ayu that is having that dream at every episode beginning (maybe I'm just to dumb to identify voice :P ). If we take every scene that we saw, we know that she seemed to wait for someone, then for some reason, she was up a hill and then we see Yuuichi doing CPR to her. I wonder what happened up that hill...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 1, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Mother of ass, Mai is gorgeous in that dress.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 11, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Aika
-Y-yeah, I guess...
she said, slightly smiling and blushing.
[i]W-wha? What got into me to draw that sword?...
Dec 30, 2014 7:52 AM

May 2011
Very impressed with this episode.

Firstly, they have decided to touch on Shiori's topic, and it is finally revealed she was Kaori's sister, unlike the 2002 version which just gave it away since the start. I guess it is to be expected, Kaori rejecting herself owning a sister, being afraid of losing her as she has
(Now that I think about it, I have been placing spoilers all over the place, eh?)

I am however slightly disappointed that they removed the red hairband motif from the Toei Kanon, making Ayu a little less fulfilled in my opinion. Still, they decided to start foreshadowing future events for Ayu, especially that dream Yuuichi had of buying Ayu the doll; which lacked in the predecessor, making it highly toned down in drama. The hairband really played a huge role in defining the power and intensity of Ayu's arc in the 2002 version, so I am a little disappointed to see it removed in this version, considering the fact that Ayu always has it with her. Maybe they just might add it later...?

Still the spotlight goes to Mai, as this is heading towards the direction of Mai's arc first. Having watched the 2002 version beforehand, I noticed the subtle changes; although subtle, did play a huge impact in making this a more rationale scenario for Mai. That is, seeing Sayuri injured before going on a rampage, unlike the 2002 version. The dance was also emphasised greatly in here, and it really reminded me of Final Fantasy VIII (Rinoa x Squall FTW!!). I am also glad they did not change the dress for Mai, and it was as spellbounding as it was in the past for me (2002). And I'm 'elated' that they did not tone down on the asshole council president. As retarded as he is, like the past.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
I actually really liked this episode. It was really moving seeing Mai finally be happy and falling for Yuuichi, but then that stupid demon had to show up...
May 30, 2015 5:51 AM
May 2015
I don't understand this! She totally saved them from a demon, yet she gets yelled at.
WHY?!?!
Apr 12, 2016 3:05 PM
Dec 2014
Didnt this kid get married like 2 episodes ago lol
Sep 13, 2016 1:10 AM
Jul 2016
wow, i did NOT see that coming at all. I didn't realize i was so intensely into it until the episode just ended

it's a shame i have to go to ed now D:

also i loved mai in this ep (i did before too but this was especially great). does she / this episode remind anyone else of buffy summers / early btvs? the whole She Alone Against the Forces of Whatever-the-Hell + being in high school + attack at a dance + the cross necklace especially screams buffy to me
Nov 8, 2016 3:14 AM
Feb 2016
A great episode. Really liked the dance and the twist at the end with the demon appearing.
Jan 24, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
this turned from winter-clannad to blood+ (except, you know with invisible demons instead) real quick
Jan 27, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, are they seriously going to try to blame everything on Mai? ...
Despite everyone seeing what happened prior to Mai going insane with her sword?
Feb 18, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
that was great episode, and so far for me the best one ;]
I am hapy to see that the demons are real and not just Mai imagination
I am also surprised as the person above me that they want to blame her for this as we seen that she was far from where it started and all the windows and everyone being pushed away..

also I didn't know this dance scene is from this anime! :p I loved this dance scene from an AMV on yt now I know where is is from :))
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 28, 2018 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
Mai blushing is so dang cute <3
Jul 25, 2020 6:09 AM

May 2018
ok Mai is now 2nd best waifu, just behind Makoto!

Auu~ T_T
Aug 12, 2020 11:32 PM

Oct 2007
Mai and Yuiichi dance so nice, it reminded me of our junior high prom.. although ours of course isn't in so big a place like in this anime. ^^

why did the demon wreck the place. Bad decision for Mai to bring out her sword, it would have been the perfect chance to show that she's not the one breaking windows. Well, I guess she lost her temper when Sayuri was hurt..

I want the demon to kill student council president..
Dec 23, 2020 8:07 PM

Apr 2016
Mai is looking amazing in that dress!
Nov 16, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2017
The demons are able to materialize in the world and causing damage huh, thought it only affected Mai.

What a shit of a student council president he is, simply ignoring the anomaly that wrecked the event
Feb 12, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2020
Look I'll be honest, this episode was going pretty well for me until those demons or whatever supernatural entities they are appeared. And now that edgy student council president will blame everything onto Mai, like.. seriously? FUCK YOU Edgelord.
Aug 30, 2022 12:43 PM

May 2015
I'm fuming right now, dude, what the heck was all that about!? And that student council president? That guy sucks, for real, I hate him!
Feb 17, 2023 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
Mai is becoming one of my fav characters and I am simply LOVING her character development. 
I'm very curious to see where this arc goes, since it seems like the focus is on not one but multiple people in or out of school! 
Mar 8, 2023 6:17 AM

Jul 2022
Naaaaaah, everything was being so cute and pretty...

DZentoMar 8, 2023 6:03 PM
May 9, 2023 2:44 AM

Nov 2019
Dance scene was cute but the president is stupid icl
Aug 13, 2023 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
Yuuichi is so relatable. I can't stand heights, even verandas, and I do the same thing.

Mai is so beautiful in that dress, and how she blushed is so cute! She looked hot during the dance and when she was all sweaty after her fight against the demon. I wonder why the demons are only attacking the school grounds.

It's too bad Sayuri is not one of the main girls. She's one of the top beautiful girls in this show.
Jan 31, 2:26 PM
Oct 2023
3/5. 6.83/10 overall.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

73 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 11, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.