Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 2 raw is out. Seems Netlix Japan streams them before the TV airings.

The episode picks up from last time with the mecha action. Chloe really cares about her brother a lot but I do find her personality kinda childish still. Quinny has my attention so far in this series as her character feels mysterious. On the other hand, I'm not really liking the Leon so far. He can be a bit impulsive with some of his actions.

Apr 5, 2018 11:08 PM

May 2015
The OP song is good, but the OP visuals are just meh. Definitely not on par with other of their (BUMP OF CHICKEN) recent OPs. I find this rather disappointing since I was really looking forward to it.

Anyhow, as far the episode goes (and series in general), I’m having a hard time liking it. I just really don’t care about anything so far. Also, I can’t get over of how jarring/out of place the CG looks in this series.

Well, I’ll keep watching for the time being since it is 26 episodes long. Hope it gets better and not the contrary.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 14, 2018 1:48 AM

May 2015
Wait, wait, wait...multidimensional? The mecha had a gun that shot high-explosive rounds, and then it equipped a beam knife. Does that Quantum Reactor possess the power to materialize any weapon it wants? If it does, holy shit that's going to be OP.

And Satelight...first they suplex a space shuttle, now they suplex a giant crab.

Chloe is so cute, hopping up and down in front of Quinny. Gotta hand it to all the detail they put in the environment. Almost reminds me of Xenoblade X...

So Princess is the mayor of Neo-Xianlong? Wow. I though she was just a commander or something. And hehe, that shoulder massage...

Jay just being an angry Alto Saotome...

Leon has got my attention though. He wants to destroy the world to recreate it? And I'm here thinking that he was just a good guy scientist, but looks like he's hiding something. I'm going to keep watching to find out what that is.

And it looks like the BRAI aren't the only things that the citizens of Neo-Xianlong need to worry about. A lot of things happening in this world...
TarotistApr 14, 2018 8:54 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:10 AM

Nov 2016
The opening is pretty good.

I still don't really care for what's happening.

But it got a bit more interesting at the end, so hope isn't dead yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2016
I'm okay to watch a bunch of this show but I've got one fear for this show and it's if it goes Monster Of The Week. They finish off the episode stating they're making a team of "BRAI" fighters and I think it wanted people to react to it but I had hard disinterest in the concept. Though they're showing signs that maybe it'll be more a mecha vs mecha anime, because who are these villians off in the distance?
Lots of setup but here's hoping the show starts finding it's stride soon.

Bump of Chicken can't save your ED from only okay CGI :(
Apr 16, 2018 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
So Leon wants to destroy the world in order to create one...hmmm...seems legit!

Apr 18, 2018 12:02 AM
Jul 2014
Great Opening! Somehow I can't come to like Leon :)
Apr 18, 2018 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Sounds like something a villian would say, to destroy this world and create a new one.. Is he the final boss of a Final Fantasy game?
Apr 18, 2018 9:49 PM

Jun 2015
I like the song for the OP, but not the visuals. The fight continues, but it was pretty boring. Chloe is an idiot for almost getting killed. Leon's objective is odd to say the least.
Apr 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
Good OP but still, very uninteresting to see.

I just can't care for Leon and anyone else.

For me, this is already one of the weakest shows this season.
Apr 20, 2018 2:19 PM

Sep 2015
I think this anime would had a better start if they could had this and the first episode joined as one with 40 min or more, cause alone they are nearly boring, but together they do a prominent presentation of the show.
Apr 28, 2018 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
That bounty hunter chick has blades on her shoes. Hawt!
May 5, 2018 4:05 PM
Mar 2012
Beautiful cityscape backgrounds. And nice details with mech, tho at times action gets messy too much on screen. Nice Chicken songs.
Lol noob cant aim but he can german suplex a giant crab.
Wut Secretary & Leon so over-dramatic shouting lol what's this a stage play?
So Leon's the Schodinger's cat in an unknown pandora's box.
May 8, 2018 2:58 AM

Jul 2010
Don't really get what's going on, Leon does have amnesia or something I take it? he never outright tells them he lost his memories.... and destroy the world to create a new one? that's some villain shit.

Neo-Xianglong looks absolutely gorgeous though, definitely the best thing about this so far is the location they are at.

May 10, 2018 8:50 PM
Oct 2012
Tenth said:

Neo-Xianglong looks absolutely gorgeous though, definitely the best thing about this so far is the location they are at.

Yeah it looks like the environments costed a fortune, but the character animation is kind of low tier
Oct 1, 2018 9:19 PM

Nov 2013
I'm still chuckling when they talk about BRAI, since it sounds like the German word brei.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 25, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
Hey, that was the Hongya Cave in Chongqing!

So apparently Neo Xianglong is actually Chongqing. That or they built a replica of this thing.

Mar 20, 2019 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
Quinny saved Chloe.
Leon beat it.
He awakens in Neo Xianglong.
Leon meets Quinny.
Leon was Dr. Lon's right hand man.
Leon will destroy the world?
Humanity will perish?
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

54 by Guts-Valley »»
May 30, 2022 8:15 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2018

15 by PrOxAnto »»
Sep 25, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 12 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 9, 2018

1 by PrOxAnto »»
Sep 24, 2021 3:05 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

4 by modboy »»
May 8, 2020 9:35 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

6 by Rob »»
Sep 19, 2019 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.