Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2017 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I think Megumi did well, especially against a member of the Elite 10 (Momo). GG Though.

Hopefully Souma will make a strong impression with his dish.
Nov 17, 2017 4:36 AM
Dec 2016
She lost but got 2-1 against the 3rh seat, that in itself is a big feat.

"Megumi lost but gained the respect of the enemy", might be a boring rehash, but we have to notice she lost against Ryu with the ramen dish, with no votes for her. Now she had one vote against the 3rd seat. She has gotten stronger.
Nov 17, 2017 5:42 AM
Jun 2017
This result was expected, but I am still glad that it was shown how much Megumi has improved. There is no shame in losing 2-1 against an E10 member in their specialty! Megumi was even unluckier than Souma in the first bout because she was agains the third seat and Momo did not do a mistake like Nene (which made her lose).

Now it is obvious that Souma is going to win, but I want to see how. Usually the authors do not dissapoint when justifying a win or a loss.

I actually want Ishikki to beat the first seat, it would not make much sense to let the first years win against the first seat. However, since everything has been very predictable up until now, I think that the next bouts will be like this:

Souma vs Momo (Souma wins)
Takumi vs Rindou (Rindou wins)
Isshiki vs Tsukasa (Tsukasa wins)

Final round:

Souma vs Tsukasa (Souma wins)
Erina vs Rindou (Erina wins)

Alternatively, Erina fights in the next bout against Rindou and wins and the three first years take on Tsukasa alone and manage to beat him.
Nov 17, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2016
That's the teamwork there, Megumi got help from Takumi, but she still lose. even though it's really powerful, she almost catch Momo with 2-1 score.(The uppercut has stopped). After all she earn Momo respect.

Megumi is well developed, she feel really sad after lose with that tear. I guess she will be more stronger after this arc, and more deserving to compete another strong character like Ryo, Alice, Hayama etc.

And RIP Saitou Soumei.
Nov 17, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
A predictable outcome but I felt really bad when she started crying ;_;
Nov 17, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2015
fcking krillin mangaka pls
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 17, 2017 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
Oh for fuck's sake really? She lost? Again? Really? Well I'll admit I was wrong and wasn't expecting that, but that's not a good surprise in this instance! And don't give me that moral victory character development crap. Had I liked this arc as a whole that would be fine but I haven't. Christ this arc is gonna go on forever isn't it? I mean, Soma will definitely win but that will probably take another 5 chapters, and then he'll still have to take on Rindou and whatever the fuck his name is number 1 guy and anyone else I'm forgetting next round. Unless this doesn't work like that and I'm just forgetting but I doubt that. THIS ARC IS TOO LONG! GET RID OF AZAMI ALREADY!
animefan8800Nov 17, 2017 5:03 PM
Nov 17, 2017 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
Good chapter.
Would’ve been ridiculous if she could beat the third seat. But I’m glad she gave it her all.
Nov 17, 2017 6:22 PM
Apr 2014
I'm glad my revised prediction didn't come true, I would've hated if Megumi beat the freaking 3rd seat even if she's underestimating her.
She still got a 1 vote, fair play to her but Megumi does lose a lot.
There's no freaking way Sword guy is beating Soma though, not while considering he's tired. This is one of the most obvious outcomes in the series.
Nov 17, 2017 6:29 PM

Feb 2017
The author after a while decided to apply some common sense to his own story, or at least as expected. It doesn't matter if you are a Megumi fan, it was really evident that she couldn't win against someone like Momo, it was very obvious, but oh well, at least Megumi's progress as a character and as a chef feels better and more natural than Souma's, it makes you really want to support her because we are witnesses of her effort, despite being someone not very comfortable in this type of conflicts, she has shown camaraderie and conviction, her own qualities, so anyone who feels bad for her at this moment, think about it.

On the other hand, what a shame that we have not been able to explore more of Momo as a character, or in itself all the characters of the Elite 10, more now because as it goes this, is very possible that the next confrontation is won by Souma, against a character of which we don't know something, like Somei and it happened the same with Momo. How bad that the mangaka has not wanted to risk a little, but that's not his fault, but the magazine in which he works, anyway.
Nov 17, 2017 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
What a shame. I was rooting for Megumi to win this. She's been up against big matches and hasn't won any of them so I was hoping this would be her big win here.

The battle between Momo vs. Megumi is mediocre in my opinion. Kind of like every match. The follow up with Momo acknowledging Megumi as a chef was.......okay. I don't know how I feel about that. Megumi's tears and regret was the only thing I got out of this match.

It actually crushed my heart seeing Megumi putting on a strong front in front of everyone. Definitely different from her reaction when she lost against Kurokiba. She put in her best effort but it wasn't enough against a 3rd seat. I hope Tsukuda develops her really well in the future. He can do a lot with this loss. Her "potential" has been mentioned for quite some time now so I expect a huge development for her as a chef.

I will protect you.

Souma's expected to win against Saitou at this point but I always hoped he takes a loss for this one. I still don't see the 1st seat and 2nd seat losing at this point. Even to Isshiki or Erina. They're 10th and 7th seat for a reason. I already know it was mentioned that Isshiki is strong, but I don't believe he's strong enough.

Edit: To be honest, if they were going this route, they should have shown a full detail of her winning match against the previous Central members while she was defending her club as a show of actual progress.
"There's an earlier chapter in this arc that explains how Momo always adds a -yan after the first name if Momo doesn't respect their cooking ability or believes the cooking ability to be on par with hers." I almost forgot about this so I guess this kind of lessen's the blow of her losing.
CEOAmaterasuNov 17, 2017 11:18 PM
Nov 17, 2017 8:36 PM
Jan 2008
nelliecatalina said:
The author after a while decided to apply some common sense to his own story, or at least as expected. It doesn't matter if you are a Megumi fan, it was really evident that she couldn't win against someone like Momo, it was very obvious,

Doesn't fucking matter, Soma has won COUNTLESS times when he absolutely shouldn't have. Some cases even WORSE than Megumi.

The way he treats characters other than Souma is absolutely embarrassing.

God awful chapter.

If the author wants us to use logic to dictate whether character wins, how about he start applying it to the main character who's reaching almost Natsu levels of bullshit.
Nov 17, 2017 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
Disappointing at the end of the day, I get that Megumi has grown a lot, but what's the point in all this growth if she's constantly baited as the loser constantly.

"But be happy you got to see Megumi grow..."

Bullshit, if the author is just going to make Megumi lose constantly, when SHE'S BEEN THE UNDERDOG THIS ENTIRE TIME, I think it's ridiculous. I get that she's not the main character, but for fuck sakes WHAT WAS ALL THAT BUILD UP THE AUTUMN ELECTIONS!?!?! ARE YOU TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAIT TILL ANOTHER FUCKING MEGUMI MOMENT ONLY TO FUCKING HAVE HER HEART BREAK OUNCE AGAIN. Christ, can the author just fucking be done with her already? I mean I'm serious, like seriously, if he isn't even going to give her one proper win, just make her LEAVE THE SCHOOL... Stop getting my goddamn hopes up...

JESUS CHRIST, OH YAY NOW WE GET TO READ 5 CHAPTERS OF SOUMA KICKING ASS... WOOP-DE-DOOO... FUCK ME...

God, hate this arc, it's gotten unbearable... The Azami arc has been going on for more than a year now and it has overstayed it's welcome.

I'll probably take a break from it... again... can't stand reading a manga weekly, but have each chapter constantly be crap.
Rayn3698Nov 17, 2017 9:05 PM
Nov 17, 2017 9:06 PM

Feb 2017
TheUnknownOne said:
nelliecatalina said:
The author after a while decided to apply some common sense to his own story, or at least as expected. It doesn't matter if you are a Megumi fan, it was really evident that she couldn't win against someone like Momo, it was very obvious,

Doesn't fucking matter, Soma has won COUNTLESS times when he absolutely shouldn't have. Some cases even WORSE than Megumi.

God awful chapter.

If the author wants us to use logic to dictate whether character wins, how about he start applying it to the main character who's reaching almost Natsu levels of bullshit.

And? You want to turn Megumi into a Souma 2.0? Winning over any other character just because she's one of the main characters? That's even worse for a character like Megumi, a one who was presented as shy and mediocre, but she's developing as character and getting better as chef. What's your problem with that and some common sense?
Nov 17, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2011
nelliecatalina said:
TheUnknownOne said:

God awful chapter.

And? You want to turn Megumi into a Souma 2.0? Winning over any other character just because she's one of the main characters? That's even worse for a character like Megumi, a one who was presented as shy and mediocre, but she's developing as character and getting better as chef. What's your problem with that and some common sense?

We don't want her to become a Souma 2.0, but is there something wrong for wanting a miracle? Wanting for Megumi to actually win something for ounce? I get it, she's grown, she's grown a lot as a chef, but what's the point in all this growth, when she can't show it? Do you expect me to be happy with just characters saying, "Wow Megumi your good" when there's no way she can actually prove it for ounce? Here's the thing, no one likes a constant underdog. My heart is breaking, she literally gave her heart out and she loss... I just want ONE win, just ONE win.
Rayn3698Nov 17, 2017 9:15 PM
Nov 17, 2017 9:25 PM

Feb 2017
Rayla said:
nelliecatalina said:

We don't want her to become a Souma 2.0, but is there something wrong for wanting a miracle? Wanting for Megumi to actually win something for ounce? I get it, she's grown, she's grown a lot as a chef, but what's the point in getting words of encouragement, when she can't show it? Do you expect me to be happy with just characters saying, "Wow Megumi your good" when there's no way she can actually prove it for ounce? Here's the thing, no one likes a constant underdog.

Welcome to real life. What's the problem with underdogs? I don't see any problem with it since people like Megumi exists in real life. And why do you all say that Megumi has never won? In all this story she has only had three matches, winning one of them, which will be adapted to the anime in a few episodes. And the two she has lost were against Kurokiba, who was on par with Souma, and with Momo, the third best chef in Totsuki. I don't really understand the people who mourn this defeat of Megumi, when that has contributed more to her character, rather than keep supporting Souma as she has been doing since the manga began.

It is you who underestimate her as if she were a puppy in the rain, this kind of things are what a character needs to grow up, you are complaining for the wrong reasons.
Nov 17, 2017 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
I am just here for the salt lmao. As much as it's the most logical outcome, she is basically the Krillin of the manga, except with that potential bait.

nelliecatalina said:
Rayla said:

We don't want her to become a Souma 2.0, but is there something wrong for wanting a miracle? Wanting for Megumi to actually win something for ounce? I get it, she's grown, she's grown a lot as a chef, but what's the point in getting words of encouragement, when she can't show it? Do you expect me to be happy with just characters saying, "Wow Megumi your good" when there's no way she can actually prove it for ounce? Here's the thing, no one likes a constant underdog.

Welcome to real life. What's the problem with underdogs? I don't see any problem with it since people like Megumi exists in real life. And why do you all say that Megumi has never won? In all this story she has only had three matches, winning one of them, which will be adapted to the anime in a few episodes. And the two she has lost were against Kurokiba, who was on par with Souma, and with Momo, the third best chef in Totsuki. I don't really understand the people who mourn this defeat of Megumi, when that has contributed more to her character, rather than keep supporting Souma as she has been doing since the manga began.

It is you who underestimate her as if she were a puppy in the rain, this kind of things are what a character needs to grow up, you are complaining for the wrong reasons.

Thing is as much as I like this outcome, it seems like the author doesn't like putting effort into showing how Megumi has grown as a character. In general, the author relies on tell, not show. When he wants to get across how strong a character is nowadays, he'll just have other characters hype up their strength (E10 rejects, edgelord Hayama, etc.).

In general the author's handling of characters have been awful. Takumi was initially introduced as the rival with a paralleling upbringing and Megumi was the down-home underdog with potential. But neither character was given proper time to shine/develop and we were left with this awkward scenario where both characters narratively needed a win to assert(or even downright properly establish) themselves but such a sweep of the E10 wouldn't be logically feasible. As it stands, Takumi was granted the win while Megumi takes home the moral victory. At the end of the day, going at E10 which was supposed to be on a whole new level with such a flashback training arc was a poor move in the first place.
removed-userNov 17, 2017 9:49 PM
Nov 17, 2017 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
Frostbytes said:
I am just here for the salt lmao. As much as it's the most logical outcome, she is basically the Krillin of the manga, except with that potential bait.

nelliecatalina said:

Thing is as much as I like this outcome, it seems like the author doesn't like putting effort into showing how Megumi has grown as a character. In general, the author relies on tell, not show. When he wants to get across how strong a character is nowadays, he'll just have other characters hype up their strength (E10 rejects, edgelord Hayama, etc.).

In general the author's handling of characters have been awful. Takumi was initially introduced as the rival with a paralleling upbringing and Megumi was the down-home underdog with potential. But neither character was given proper time to shine/develop and we were left with this awkward scenario where both characters narratively needed a win to assert(or even downright properly establish) themselves but such a sweep of the E10 wouldn't be feasible. As it stands, Takumi was granted the win while Megumi takes home the moral victory.

Frostbytes made a great point, Megumi's growth is something that the author always tells us what happens, instead of showing us.

Also, I don't hate underdogs, I like them, don't get me wrong, but what I want from Megumi is some sort of validation that all her efforts have paid off. Those things, like Momo calling her not cute, that she got one person to vote for her, and all the other stuff, just seems like some sort of consolation prize. What I want is for Megumi to actually, truly taste victory, get a real sense of accomplishment, not the whole, "Oh you were amazing, but it was just missing something" and stuff like that. What I mean to say is, I don't want Megumi to constantly be used as a character that gets a lot of growth, only to always be known as "Second Best".

Nov 17, 2017 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
Rayla said:
Frostbytes said:

In general the author's handling of characters have been awful. Takumi was initially introduced as the rival with a paralleling upbringing and Megumi was the down-home underdog with potential. But neither character was given proper time to shine/develop and we were left with this awkward scenario where both characters narratively needed a win to assert(or even downright properly establish) themselves but such a sweep of the E10 wouldn't be feasible. As it stands, Takumi was granted the win while Megumi takes home the moral victory.

Frostbytes made a great point, Megumi's growth is something that the author always tells us what happens, instead of showing us.

Also, I don't hate underdogs, I like them, don't get me wrong, but what I want from Megumi is some sort of validation that all her efforts have paid off. Those things, like Momo calling her not cute, that she got one person to vote for her, and all the other stuff, just seems like some sort of consolation prize. What I want is for Megumi to actually, truly taste victory, get a real sense of accomplishment, not the whole, "Oh you were amazing, but it was just missing something" and stuff like that. What I mean to say is, I don't want Megumi to constantly be used as a character that gets a lot of growth, only to always be known as "Second Best".

I agree. I would have taken this loss with honour if he had shown the entire Shokugeki match when she was defending her club against Shigemichi Kumai cause that would have been a good way to show the results of her training.
Nov 18, 2017 12:17 AM

Feb 2017
Frostbytes said:

nelliecatalina said:

In general the author's handling of characters have been awful. Takumi was initially introduced as the rival with a paralleling upbringing and Megumi was the down-home underdog with potential. But neither character was given proper time to shine/develop and we were left with this awkward scenario where both characters narratively needed a win to assert(or even downright properly establish) themselves but such a sweep of the E10 wouldn't be logically feasible. As it stands, Takumi was granted the win while Megumi takes home the moral victory. At the end of the day, going at E10 which was supposed to be on a whole new level with such a flashback training arc was a poor move in the first place.

Yeah, I totally agree with you but not in that Krilin thing, that's awful. But that's the actual writing level of the author, and it's bad. And even with that, Megumi's development is one of the few things that was better than something else, at least.
Nov 18, 2017 12:22 AM

Feb 2017
Rayla said:
Frostbytes said:

Well, now I get your point better, and I totally agree about Megumi reaching the sweet victory, but now is not her moment, because her opponent was strong, and sorry but even with two months, now was unreachable, but oh well. Give her some time, I know she's gonna do it better, again, I love her being like this for now instead of her turning into a Souma 2.0, especially looking at the writing level of the last arc. That's all.
Nov 18, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
nelliecatalina said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you but not in that Krilin thing, that's awful. But that's the actual writing level of the author, and it's bad. And even with that, Megumi's development is one of the few things that was better than something else, at least.

Well as it stands she is an improved version of Krillin obviously for always having that potential aura, remains to be seen whether he can actually do something with her character here. However I don't really trust this author ever since the Azami arc started so whatever.
Nov 18, 2017 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
the outcome is fresh, but how tools to mkae it is what make it horrible... if it's not momo speciality in desert, i would root for her, but bullshitery in souma vs nene already letdown, so kinda glad this one actually didn't wokrs... but she does pretty much becme krilin, lOl...

i don't have problem megumi lose on it's own... at least, you didn't get character that constantly become loser like eiichiro from baby step or osamu from World trigger while barely made it enugh for next plot progression, it's the build up around it that felt cheap and doesn't give enough satisfying outcome...

the next fight should have obvious, with "tired" (lol) excuse and souma teamworks... except author made some twist, but it will also look cheap too since it's too much rooted for souma and it will make me betrayed than satisfied... it's really near lose lose situation where it's only bad and less bad things... i wonder can author give satisfying explanation...
KumaNov 18, 2017 12:50 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 18, 2017 1:08 AM

Jun 2012
Just a worst match-up by the end....And why the fuck an apple jam to a Castella cake when you already included a butter.
Nov 18, 2017 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
as I predicted in the previous chapter thread, Megumi is more likely to lose, but she still give impact or shock to the opponent who underestimate her.
because if Megumi win right now, it's just a matter of time until she loses in the next bout.

in the previous chapter, Momo underestimate her opponent by adding -nyan to their name, but now she didn't add -nyan when she said Megumi's name. it is implied that she almost loses to the one she underestimate, and from this point Momo respect Megumi skill, maybe one seat lower after her, since Megumi almost win.

for the next fight, I think it obvious who's gonna win, except if the author have a hidden agenda for Souma.
Nov 18, 2017 3:11 AM
Jul 2014
Finally decided to post here after lurking in forums for so long (honestly, it's just me being too lazy to use my account to update stuff's and post things) just to discuss about this chapter.

Honestly, i was quite mad after reading this chapter; sorry, but Tsukuda-Sensei did you just create all those hypes few chapters before just for this? That 1 pity vote doesn't even do any favor, that just slaps in the face more. (Let's be honest here guys, even Anne herself acknowledged Histoire critics, that is pity vote) Yeah, i agree that it is already stupid to believe that she would win against a third-seat on their own specialty which is dessert, but is this even satisfying? Does this justify her worth after being spared by Rindou, instead of sparing other first year instead? (like Alice or Kurokiba) Does this justify all those hype before of her so called "potential"? (like Senzaemon stripping his undies, being spared from being expelled) Does this justify the "teamwork" needed to win this arc? (the only thing we see is basically Takumi handing her ginger) aren't this kids have been thought that they need these "teamwork" to win this shokugeki?

If there won't be any teamwork in the end on this round, might just have Megumi put against Nene or that nameless elite instead. but yeah, not mad anymore but i'm honestly disappointed.
Nov 18, 2017 3:39 AM
Nov 2017
I'm one of those who's extremely frustrated and angry with the outcome, but I chose to be calm and collected.

The problem here is the author's narrative techniques, methodologies, and implementations. It's too long to explain and I'm too lazy to do that. The author may have shot himself in the foot with the recent deterioration (NOT development). One thing is for sure - many are NOT happy with the result, and several forums have turned into warzone. No kidding.

But I'm still hopeful that Megumi will have her shining moment in the near future. Soon she'll wipe the floor with her opponents' ass in many competitions. I just hope that Tsukuda give her an arc she can call her own, and handle her skills' development PROPERLY.
Nov 18, 2017 5:51 AM

Sep 2017
This was..........unexpected.

I feel like.....I'm somewhat split. Megumi losing makes sense and does get me interested in a future arc. Plus the author showed how her skills have grown. From losing 3-0 to Ryo, to losing only 2-1 to Momo ( the 4th seat ) it shows how she has grown while also stopping the story from making it's power-levels get worse ( because I had a fear that the author might actually do that ). It makes me hope that unless Soma teams up with Erina to make the dish as good as he can ( using her God-Tongue ), he won't be able to Eishi.

On the other hand, I get why others are angry. Megumi hasn't really won a shokugeki ( a full one, on screen ) and her it's been over 200 chapters.

Was the chapter bad? No, not at all. I actually liked it.
Nov 18, 2017 7:01 AM
Oct 2014
Incredibly predictable xD
The "shokugeki" are always similar.
I'm starting to get bored in front of thoses battles :/
Nov 18, 2017 7:01 AM

May 2016
Erina should've given Megumi a hug there, but I guess it's not in her to do that. It would have been an excellent opportunity to show Erina's growth as a person. Oh, well.....
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Nov 18, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
She got one point,a pity point maybe,but one point is one point and that against an E10 member in her favored category.

You did great Megumi :'(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2017 2:46 PM
Jul 2017
nukerxero123 said:
She lost but got 2-1 against the 3rh seat, that in itself is a big feat.

"Megumi lost but gained the respect of the enemy", might be a boring rehash, but we have to notice she lost against Ryu with the ramen dish, with no votes for her. Now she had one vote against the 3rd seat. She has gotten stronger.
» «Gained respect»?? Didnt miss teddybear skoff at her when she lost and say «not cute at all» then proceded to stop calling her Megumyan and started calling her Tadokoro Megumi again?? Or is that her way of showing respect? She doesnt see her as a cute weak underclassmen anymore but a skilled opponent for her to match up againts?
Nov 18, 2017 5:33 PM
Jan 2008
nelliecatalina said:
TheUnknownOne said:

God awful chapter.

It has nothing to do with Megumi being a Souma 2.0, but how Souma absolutely ruins logic and cohesion time and time again and yet other characters get absolutely SHAFTED.

You cannot tell me Takumi vs. Eizen was impressive by any words, Eizen is extremely terrible and the author for some reason tried to portray Takumi as getting a meaningful victory. No, Takumi looked like a spiteful child taking candy from a baby, Eizen is beyond pathetic and whilst the battle of wits was nice, it's beyond stupid that Takumi wasn't paired up against Saitou. Souma can take the backseat for ONCE.

The fact that Megumi continually gets shafted and shafted whilst Souma continues to dickride himself to victory against impossible odds is beyond stupid. Honestly it would've been better at this point if Megumi got expelled by Kojima because the amount of times she has been absolutely bodied and the author continues to highlight 'oh, she has potential' is a joke. We don't care if she has potential, we want to SEE why her potential shows she deserves to be where she is.

Getting, what essentially is a pity vote, is pathetic. No, that doesn't make up for all of Megumi's "growth", training and effort.
Nov 19, 2017 7:04 AM
Nov 2017
Ironically, this bout is about to showcase teamwork at its finest. But you can barely see any teamwork at all. Never mind the cooking procedures, but the author should at least showed this important aspect in this bout.

All teamwork Megumi has received on-screen was she was given sifted flour and julienned ginger. She did EVERYTHING ELSE by HERSELF.

Technically, Megumi has SOLO BATTLED Momo!!!

Nov 19, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
animefan8800 said:
Oh for fuck's sake really? She lost? Again? Really? Well I'll admit I was wrong and wasn't expecting that, but that's not a good surprise in this instance! And don't give me that moral victory character development crap. Had I liked this arc as a whole that would be fine but I haven't. Christ this arc is gonna go on forever isn't it? I mean, Soma will definitely win but that will probably take another 5 chapters, and then he'll still have to take on Rindou and whatever the fuck his name is number 1 guy and anyone else I'm forgetting next round. Unless this doesn't work like that and I'm just forgetting but I doubt that. THIS ARC IS TOO LONG! GET RID OF AZAMI ALREADY!

Each team has six members now. It will go a lot longer.
Nov 19, 2017 12:45 PM
Aug 2014
Omar136661 said:
This result was expected, but I am still glad that it was shown how much Megumi has improved. There is no shame in losing 2-1 against an E10 member in their specialty! Megumi was even unluckier than Souma in the first bout because she was agains the third seat and Momo did not do a mistake like Nene (which made her lose).

Now it is obvious that Souma is going to win, but I want to see how. Usually the authors do not dissapoint when justifying a win or a loss.

I actually want Ishikki to beat the first seat, it would not make much sense to let the first years win against the first seat. However, since everything has been very predictable up until now, I think that the next bouts will be like this:

Souma vs Momo (Souma wins)
Takumi vs Rindou (Rindou wins)
Isshiki vs Tsukasa (Tsukasa wins)

Final round:

Souma vs Tsukasa (Souma wins)
Erina vs Rindou (Erina wins)

Alternatively, Erina fights in the next bout against Rindou and wins and the three first years take on Tsukasa alone and manage to beat him.

It's like you said,Souma will now win and there would be:
Erina vs Momo (Erina wins cause Momo doesn't get anything to combine with desserts)
Isshiki vs Tsukasa (just to exhaust him)
Aldini vs Rindou (just to exhaust her)
and then ofc the finale would be
Erina vs Rindo and Souma vs Tsukasa

Anyway, that was a good match for Megumi. She did everything she could, and even got that 1 point from "major" judge against E10 in her speciality, that's something! Can't wait to see more :)
Nov 19, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
One day Megumi will win xd... at least she put up a good fight and Momo's recognized her skills.
Hope Souma against Saitou will be interesting although the outcome is pretty obvious.
Nov 19, 2017 10:28 PM

Jan 2017
You did well Megumi, but damn, Momo is good. That's an elite ten for you.
"Not cute. You're not cute at all", that's a good thing, no?
Nov 20, 2017 3:47 PM

Jul 2012
takumi defeat eizan
momo defeat megumi

prediction

souma defeat saitou

erina defeat momo
eishi defeat takumi
rindou defeat satoshi

erina defeat eishi (weakened)
souma defeat rindou (weakened)
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Nov 21, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 2012
I'm absolutely PRAYING that everyone's predictions that Souma will be the the one to face the top two in the finals is wrong, and it will be Isshiki instead. I mean c'mon, after hyping up Isshiki and hiding his true cooking strength, Tsukuda isn't dumb enough to let Souma, who's obviously weaker than Isshiki to be the one to wrap this up. It's just going to increase the amount of hate towards the main character, and there's already a strong amount as it is in Japan.
Nov 21, 2017 10:05 PM
Nov 2017
Shokugeki said:
I'm absolutely PRAYING that everyone's predictions that Souma will be the the one to face the top two in the finals is wrong, and it will be Isshiki instead. I mean c'mon, after hyping up Isshiki and hiding his true cooking strength, Tsukuda isn't dumb enough to let Souma, who's obviously weaker than Isshiki to be the one to wrap this up. It's just going to increase the amount of hate towards the main character, and there's already a strong amount as it is in Japan.

While I'm hoping for Soma to win THIS bout, I'm also hoping for him to lose the NEXT. Factoring the fatigue factor, he should be fatigued already.

Here's my take: 4th card: Soma vs. Rindo, Takumi vs. Eishi, and Isshiki vs. Momo.

Only Isshiki survives.

Isshiki vs. Eishi and Erina vs. Rindo.

Rebel team wins.
Nov 24, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
Glad the author did the right thing and didn't give her a free pass just because she is all nice and shy. Ugh.

Rest of the chapter was just blah blah, potential, blah. Yes, whatever. She seems mediocre.

Arc is dragging on at this point.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
AstronomyFanatic said:
Shokugeki said:

While I'm hoping for Soma to win THIS bout, I'm also hoping for him to lose the NEXT. Factoring the fatigue factor, he should be fatigued already.

Here's my take: 4th card: Soma vs. Rindo, Takumi vs. Eishi, and Isshiki vs. Momo.

Only Isshiki survives.

Isshiki vs. Eishi and Erina vs. Rindo.

Rebel team wins.

I'm with this version because Tsukada stated Takumi, Soma, and Megumi are on the same level. If Megumi couldn't win against the 3rd(4th) seat with teamwork, then Soma shouldn't have any chance of beating the 1st or 2nd. It should be Isshiki and Erina vs Eishi and Rindo.
Eh
Nov 25, 2017 5:18 PM

Feb 2015
Lol well that loss was expected. Poor Megumi.
Dec 4, 2017 7:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Bruh I'm 27 chapters behind but what happened in this thread?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.