Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 20, 2017 7:25 PM
Mar 2017
THE MAIN CHARACTER IS FUCKING SHIT... I know he's meant to be a representation of gamers but as one myself I am lowkey offended at the amount if cringe generated when watching this pathetic little fuck even exist... meh
Jul 20, 2017 7:34 PM
Jan 2013
Chiaki next episode !
Jul 20, 2017 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
I mean, if you love game that much. How are you still really bad at it. That persona fight is littelary what every newbie does and he said he love the game. Other than that nice episode.
Jul 20, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Still can't believe the OP referencing PUBG. I guees the game really is popular in Japan.
Jul 20, 2017 8:07 PM

Aug 2014
That claw machine's like 3 generations behind.

Uehara's a pretty cool guy, but who the fuck thinks Teddie looks cool??
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 20, 2017 8:09 PM
Jun 2012
RyouHayato said:
HyperL said:
Am I the only one who doesn't find the MC annoying?
^^^
Duh, I know I'm not the ONLY one but still, the hate is strong with this one.

That Persona 4 Arena tho XD
I wonder how much they're paying for all those references.

Nah you're not alone. I don't think the MC is annoying either. Maybe because I've already seen too many annoying MC.

Other than that..
Good episode. Really enjoy this anime as a fellow gamer too :D

I don't find Amano annoying as most people here. I can understand him defending something he loves. I'm not a competitive gamer. I love games and play them for fun so in a way I can understand Amano's passion. That P4AU reference tho.

As for the other guy....Looks like he won the girl over even when he was in his dark years.

Oh Tendou She fell for Amano hook line and sinker. XD
Jul 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
As long as the main character don't end up joining the gamers' club, everything is fine.
Jul 20, 2017 8:30 PM

Jan 2013
the girlfriend looks alot better with black hair
Jul 20, 2017 8:52 PM

Sep 2016
....what....

i'm struggling to understand why he declined joining the club if he was having fun getting his ass beat over and over and was ok with doing a really long gaming session in the arcade. is it literally just because other people tried to get him to play a game he's never played before or something? does he think that he would never ever be allowed to play what he wants in that club based on that single interaction in ep1? i don't get it. no amount of explaining can justify his decision in a satisfying way at this point.

this whole episode was unbelievably cheesy and forced, especially that bridge scene which made me incredibly uncomfortable. yeah dude, it's really believable that MC's tard rage allowed him to overpower Chad. sure, bud. oh, i also liked how he did the "YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT ME, BUT I'M A GIGANTIC CLICHE SO WHEN YOU INSULT ANYONE ELSE IT MAKES ME SO MAD THAT I COMMIT ATTEMPTED MURDER" meme, vehemently defending a girl that he only knows because of a 5 minute conversation he had with her (ironically using a "you don't even know her!" line). that whole scene was just a mindblowingly transparent way to have the main girl fall completely in love with him.

also, i'm still waiting for the part where they explain why the main girl thought that an eroge/granblue-playing beta male is such a hot commodity that she ABSOLUTELY NEEDS HIM TO BE A PART OF HER CLUB in the first place. i'm sure that it would be extremely difficult to find other willing and more appropriate candidates, right? is it gonna be a stupid backstory where she was his childhood friend when they were 5 but he forgot about her? did he do some really tiny favor for her 7 years ago that made her instantly fall in love with him and stay that way till this day? is the show just really retarded and there's no real reason for it? only time will tell!

also, references are only funny/engaging if they actually do something cool with them. the persona fighter scene was actually kind of cool, but outside of that, i don't know why people are freaking out over the references as if seeing a picture of a game they've played before makes them instantly flood their pants with jizz.
Jul 20, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2015
Benio_ said:
As long as the main character don't end up joining the gamers' club, everything is fine.
Yeah, I'm pretty much thinking like that too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 20, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2013
Whoa there. Anyone else think that the drama on the bridge was way over played?

Aguri is a little annoying/baka, but her story about why she likes Tasuku was cute.
Jul 20, 2017 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, took a direction I didn't think it would that was hard to read but interesting.
Jul 20, 2017 9:21 PM

Jul 2015
Wow... CAN WE EVEN CALL THAT A CAMEO OR A REFERENCE??? I mean I thought it was at first but my god they straight up had footage of Persona 4... Anyway, whole lot of progress has been made with the relationships, people are happy, lots of good things happened, this was a very nice episode. Well... except for Tendou I guess, doesn't some like her love will bear fruit any time soon.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 20, 2017 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
So i really enjoyed the first episode, but i am now completely hooked!
Jul 20, 2017 11:04 PM

Oct 2014
so, this girl changes herself for the sake of love.
since I am a firm believer of "There's nothing cuter than a girl in love"

Aguri 10/10
Jul 20, 2017 11:33 PM
Mar 2016
i didn't expect nothing when i started this one, for some reason i LOVE it! it's always unpredictable! you think he'll join the club and the show's gonna revolve around that (they even introduce three characters AND their backstories), but then it goes "lol, jk" all over you. You think the puzzles guy is gonna turn into one of his best friends and NOPE, the cool guy takes his place. You think the passive protagonist is going to take in the criticism from Uehara in the bridge and somehow they'll both progress as characters through this "take-a-break-from-the-comedy" scene, but the show says F*CK THAT and turns the whole scene into a comedy one instead! it's BRILLIANT! it's repeatedly saying f@ck you to all related types of anime and tropes! i hope it continues this way!
Jul 20, 2017 11:38 PM
Mar 2016
QUICK EDIT: also PERSONA 4 ARENA ULTIMAX WAS EXPLICITLY THERE (not mentioned by name but EVERYTHING was there! one of my favorite franchises period makes a "cameo" here! it's a SIGN! (don't kill me but i just hope that this becomes the next konosuba)
Jul 20, 2017 11:48 PM

Oct 2013
That end card though...I liked this episode. Enjoyable
Jul 21, 2017 12:29 AM

Jan 2017
wait, she actually in love with Amano, interesting. The more I look at them, more I see the character design resemble with Kirito and Asuna.
what's the quirk about Amano? he is not good at game, surprisingly less knowledge about game but enjoy playing variety of game. hemm
Jul 21, 2017 12:30 AM
Dec 2015
Keita is pretty decent
Tatsuki is okay as well just found him sort of douchy
Jul 21, 2017 12:40 AM
Oct 2010
So anyone else but me think that Tasuku Uehara is actually a reference to Daigo Umehara? Woudn't be too much of a stretch considering the subject matter of this show.

I dig the intro tho and I'm surprised PUBG is on there of all things.
Jul 21, 2017 1:09 AM

Jul 2016
StoneColdStunner said:
....what....

i'm struggling to understand why he declined joining the club if he was having fun getting his ass beat over and over and was ok with doing a really long gaming session in the arcade. is it literally just because other people tried to get him to play a game he's never played before or something? does he think that he would never ever be allowed to play what he wants in that club based on that single interaction in ep1? i don't get it. no amount of explaining can justify his decision in a satisfying way at this point.

this whole episode was unbelievably cheesy and forced, especially that bridge scene which made me incredibly uncomfortable. yeah dude, it's really believable that MC's tard rage allowed him to overpower Chad. sure, bud. oh, i also liked how he did the "YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT ME, BUT I'M A GIGANTIC CLICHE SO WHEN YOU INSULT ANYONE ELSE IT MAKES ME SO MAD THAT I COMMIT ATTEMPTED MURDER" meme, vehemently defending a girl that he only knows because of a 5 minute conversation he had with her (ironically using a "you don't even know her!" line). that whole scene was just a mindblowingly transparent way to have the main girl fall completely in love with him.

also, i'm still waiting for the part where they explain why the main girl thought that an eroge/granblue-playing beta male is such a hot commodity that she ABSOLUTELY NEEDS HIM TO BE A PART OF HER CLUB in the first place. i'm sure that it would be extremely difficult to find other willing and more appropriate candidates, right? is it gonna be a stupid backstory where she was his childhood friend when they were 5 but he forgot about her? did he do some really tiny favor for her 7 years ago that made her instantly fall in love with him and stay that way till this day? is the show just really retarded and there's no real reason for it? only time will tell!

also, references are only funny/engaging if they actually do something cool with them. the persona fighter scene was actually kind of cool, but outside of that, i don't know why people are freaking out over the references as if seeing a picture of a game they've played before makes them instantly flood their pants with jizz.

Some good observations here. It doesn't click with me at all too. The only thing that keeps me watching atm is the references. Some RTS would be fun, but if not something happens in EP3 i drop it.
Jul 21, 2017 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Lots of game references and better character, nice.
Jul 21, 2017 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
MC maybe weak but he's down to earth and honest. I'm glad that he made Tasuku became more honest too. I didn't expect Amano to actually know the girl from his game though.. looks like triangle love incoming.

Tasuku and Aguri though.. damn that was hella cute!! Aguri certainly looked better with black hair but she's so damn adorable!!
Jul 21, 2017 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
ichii_1 said:
Tendou x Amano, this would be better as a yaoi, not even joking.

haha... I support!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 21, 2017 5:36 AM

May 2017
So, Tendou bitch ended up falling in love with Amano? Tipical since she is heroine. Meh, i dont like her.
And i feel the reason she fell in love was out of masochism. I mean:
"The most geeky boy in school rejected me? The school idol and most beautiful girl in it? Nobody has treated me this way! He is sooo coool!!! *.*".
Jul 21, 2017 5:42 AM
Mar 2017
Inugirlz said:
Right when Tasuku was introduced I liked him. But then he started having really shallow thoughts and I decided i wasn't going to like him.

Then this episode comes along and shows me that my gut feeling was right. He was just putting on a show. He's actually a good guy.

And Amano is such a cutie.

Why the hell does Tendou have a crush on him now tho? Because she got rejected? xD Girl wants what she can't have.

that blonde chick thats part of the group of friends tho...where the hell did she get the he's so stuck up? If anyone is stuck up it's you assholes who judge the class loner just because he's not into the same shit as you. Then you talk bad about him while he's in the room. That's called bullying bitch.

Also the Persona 4 references! LOL did Tasuku say he just chose the cool looking one and went with Kuma? Really? KUMA???? xD

TBH I think he picked her intrest when he rejected her, but i think he fell in love with him right at the end of the episode when he defended her and the gaming club.
Jul 21, 2017 5:48 AM

May 2017
StoneColdStunner said:
....what....

Has anyone given an explanation to you? If not i will try.
He gives more detail in the novel and manga as to why.

First of all, Tendou Karen made the club for prestige and fame. She is recruiting tye best gamers for competitions and tournaments and win them. Amano Keita is the best player of his genre but she wanted to drag him in and use him for the competitions (she recruits hardcore gamers to make a team).
Amano Keita is just a passive average geek who sits back and enjoy games. He wants to make friends and play games with them and have fun.
The reason why he refused is because the club doesnt suit him, he doesnt want to participate on competitions or "get stronger" like Tendou Karen pushed on him. He just wants to sit back and enjoy the games.
Plus Tendo insulted his favorite games, which he didnt like. Episode one was tamed compared on how harsh he rejected her in the novel and manga after she made fun of his phone game.

So there you have it:
Blond girl recruits geek mc to use him in competitions in a team.
Geek mc just wants to play games without pressure on his back.
Mc rejects blond girl.
Blond girl becomes a stalker since nobody had refused her so strongly like Mc, which "makes him cool".
Mc defends her and her club, blond girl falls for Prince in shining console Mc.
Those are simple forms.
ThatRandomDudeJul 21, 2017 5:51 AM
Jul 21, 2017 6:38 AM
Jul 2017
Wow, I'm actually starting to think like Anime Protagonist... I'm happy and at the same time, I'm not...
I was watching with my friend. When Tasuku saw Tendou all blushie, I thought she was just admiring Amano's passion for games. So, naturally, I was surprised when Tasuku said she was "madly in love"...
My friend was like "Dude, really? You didn't see that coming?"...
Well, at least my ship could sail again.
Jul 21, 2017 7:13 AM

Dec 2009
Can we redo this anime with Uehara as the mc and let Amano as the side kick?
Tendo is, so far, more of comic relief than a heroine...
Also, Aguri has certainly become a lot cuter all of a sudden
Jul 21, 2017 7:17 AM

Mar 2017
I love Uehara! I really liked this episode.
Jul 21, 2017 7:19 AM

Apr 2017
An improvement compared to the last episodes! Looking forward to the rest of the anime.
Jul 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2017
Really.... I dont know whats their perrsonality.
First, episode 1, why tendou invite him to her club? for personal purpose? She said because she see amano as 'real' gamers who really intend into gaming. On the second episode, we got her so fucking fall in love with him So instantly. She only even talk and meet him twice or more in her fucking life! Is he attractive?

Secondly, Amano who dont socialize well with other can do such a thing on that crossing bridge. Hello?!!?
Is he psycho ?? Amano say he dont have life, his mean he play game alot and dont have much friend beside of gaming purpose,
then why his skill was really terrible? Ep1 he cant compete with gaming club, ep 2 he cant play fighting arcade. Is his lame skill is only a joke purpose? If yes, character design on this story really really messed up, poor and cheesy.

Third, why the fuck he declined to tendou invitation? We know at ep2, he said that Tendou and the club is nice and worth to join, and we know he really want to playing game with each other because he dont have any friend. Why he refusing?
They really want to put some complication on the beginning of the series, so we think they will develop something.
But NO,Meh dude.... this is just stright psycho amano x tendou. Score: 5

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 21, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2017

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazJul 22, 2017 4:59 AM

Jul 21, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
RandomCritic said:
StoneColdStunner said:
....what....

First of all, Tendou Karen made the club for prestige and fame. She is recruiting tye best gamers for competitions and tournaments and win them. Amano Keita is the best player of his genre but she wanted to drag him in and use him for the competitions (she recruits hardcore gamers to make a team).
Amano Keita is just a passive average geek who sits back and enjoy games. He wants to make friends and play games with them and have fun.
The reason why he refused is because the club doesnt suit him, he doesnt want to participate on competitions or "get stronger" like Tendou Karen pushed on him. He just wants to sit back and enjoy the games.
Plus Tendo insulted his favorite games, which he didnt like. Episode one was tamed compared on how harsh he rejected her in the novel and manga after she made fun of his phone game.

So there you have it:
Mc rejects blond girl.
Blond girl becomes a stalker since nobody had refused her so strongly like Mc, which "makes him cool".
Those are simple forms.

This. Thanks for extra insight. ^^
Jul 21, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
The anime is fine, I just still hate the main character. I think the anime would be a 10/10 for me if they just made that MC disappear.
Jul 21, 2017 9:45 AM
Jan 2017
MaliPiksi said:
The anime is really cute, it shows that even gamers can find someone, you dont have to be some cool looking guy to get a girl

MC gets baddass for a moment there, that was kinda cool

because it's fucking anime duh, even a fatty midget can get a hot gf here *cough*accel world*cough*
hope you lucky enough to get a girl like that irl

and am i the only one who think MC anger is cringey instead of cool or badass?
i mean he doesn't even really care about tendou or the club and usually act as (anoyying) coward but all of sudden he almost kill tasuku because he mock the club. seriously?
someone26Jul 21, 2017 9:58 AM
Jul 21, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2017
A pretty good opening and this episode was a lot better than the first one, i was about to drop it but the plot started to get interesting
Jul 21, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
I'm a little confused, when did Tendo fell for the MC? I mean, is there a reason or any scene that I missed in Episode 1?

Nice little Persona 4 part though.
Jul 21, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2016
I hope the girlboy as the main male character will die soon, otherwise i'm dropping this...
Jul 21, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2016
RandomCritic said:

So there you have it:
Mc rejects blond girl.
Those are simple forms.

ok, to further clarify my issues: this anime has not shown MC to be a master at anything. he is average (or below average) and doesn't like being competitive. my issue is that i do not understand how she deemed MC to be "perfect" for their club when he's an obvious mismatch, if the club is supposed to be super competitive all the time. all we've seen from MC at that point is that he plays eroge and granblue. surely there must be many other people that are more suited to the club if it really is all about being competitive, so why the hell is she so dead set on getting MC (remember, this is before the cheesy bridge scene where she falls for him) in the first place?

if i were recruiting people for a gaming club that wants to be ultra competitive all the time, i wouldn't see MC with an eroge in his hands and go "YES, THIS IS PERFECT! SURELY NO ONE ELSE WILL DO BUT HIM!"

edit: also again, he seems to be okay with having his ass beat and playing for extended periods of time in that arcade scene, so i don't get why he couldn't handle the exact same thing in the club. i do actually understand it more if he declined to join the club simply because she talks down to him about the games he likes, but they didn't really imply that in this anime. i cannot speak to the quality of the other versions of it (manga, LN), so maybe it's handled better there.
StoneColdStunnerJul 21, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 21, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode, new girl next week, Tendou remind me to Chitoge, best girl imo. :D
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jul 21, 2017 1:14 PM

May 2017

Because he is a gamer and likes games and is best in his genres. Since he plays games and likes them it is one enough reason. This is why she invited him to her club. The rest is just japanese politenes (flatery) and also Tendou wants her club to grow. Normally in japan, school clubs needs at least 5 people minimun to keep afloat, so far her club has only 3 people since term began. If she doesnt gain prestige and fill the quota her club will be shut down. (Told to her by principal, and she wants to bring the gaming club to former glory)

Also i agree with you. The anime was too soft on his rejection to tendou. Tye LN and manga, since constantly shows his point of view, explains things with more detail.
And yes, one of the reasons why he refused was because he got annoyed tendou was making fun of casual games.
Another is that he wanted to make friends and play games with them and have fun regardingnthe outcome.

evoniee said:
Really.... I dont know whats their perrsonality.
First, episode 1, why tendou invite him to her club? for personal purpose? She said because she see amano as 'real' gamers who really intend into gaming. On the second episode, we got her so fucking fall in love with him So instantly. She only even talk and meet him twice or more in her fucking life! Is he attractive?

Secondly, Amano who dont socialize well with other can do such a thing on that crossing bridge. Hello?!!?
Is he psycho ?? Amano say he dont have life, his mean he play game alot and dont have much friend beside of gaming purpose,
then why his skill was really terrible? Ep1 he cant compete with gaming club, ep 2 he cant play fighting arcade. Is his lame skill is only a joke purpose? If yes, character design on this story really really messed up, poor and cheesy.

Third, why the fuck he declined to tendou invitation? We know at ep2, he said that Tendou and the club is nice and worth to join, and we know he really want to playing game with each other because he dont have any friend. Why he refusing?
They really want to put some complication on the beginning of the series, so we think they will develop something.
But NO,Meh dude.... this is just stright psycho amano x tendou. Score: 5

Zackhario said:
I'm a little confused, when did Tendo fell for the MC? I mean, is there a reason or any scene that I missed in Episode 1?

Nice little Persona 4 part though.

Didnt i explained this already?
Open spoiler tab quote on my explanation on the top of post for a recap.

ThatRandomDudeJul 21, 2017 1:29 PM
Jul 21, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2017
I'm gonna get old until the new episode comes out! JULY 27th omg I can't wait so long xD. It's such a great anime.
Jul 21, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2017
Look people, amano is your avarage japanese gamer otaku. A kid secluded to himself with low self esteem which begins to change over tye course of the story. This is what character development is.
He is not a whimp since he defended Tendou from Tasuku's comments.
He is not dense, just have games in his mind and do not think on romance like most otaku are, they live in their fantasy world.
They hate interacting with 3d girls (real girls) because is a waste of time.
You have to be an otaku to understand the mind of an otaku.

Amano is not anti social if he wants to have friends he just doesnt know how to because all he knows iw games.

Amano himself is a bit arrogant because as Tendou prejudiced him and his preferences he also prejudiced the gaming club calling them "no good enough".

Amano is not your average harem mc.

Stop thinking with the mind of a westerner when commenting and analysing japanese culture and their people! Its not the same views! You have to see things from their perspective!
ThatRandomDudeJul 21, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 21, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2017
Anon1566 said:
I can hardly wait for BTOF when the Netore arc is animated. It will be delighted to see the butthurt from those people who have the habit of judging characters and series instantly before the show is over, and discover that Aguri has much more in common, chemistry, smiles and laughs more around Amano than our eternal butthurt cuckold Ueharashit. Its no wonder that Aguri falls in love with Amano and our eternal butthurt cuckold Ueharashit gets NTR'd and BTOF.

Can you spoil me with those details regarding aguri on personal message please? I havent been able to find english translation that far of the light novel.
Also what does btof means?
Jul 21, 2017 1:48 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, so Urehara and Aguri already knew each other since middle school?????

Oh man, Tendou got dumped again.
Jul 21, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2007
OK yes I'm totally in after episode 2.

I actually like Amano because he's just being himself and even though he knows he's not exactly at the top of the "social ladder" he just doesn't give a crap and does his own thing.
Jul 21, 2017 3:07 PM
Dec 2011
Aversa said:
Honestly i haven't been so annoyed with a character since IS the main really needs a good punch to the face he is way to passive and his personality is so weak.
The other guy isn't that interesting either but at least he is more straightforward and he is a nice guy despite his tough guy act.
That being said this anime didn't really show anything that stands out so for the characters seem copy paste characters and the events are predictable.

I don't think he is like that, after all, if he was so passive he would already be in the gaming club.
JokerxHisokaJul 21, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 21, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2017
Episode 2, imo, was leaps and bounds better then the first episode. Glad I don't drop many anime after the first episode. Sad part is I find the new side characters to be more interesting the main ones now and I doubt we'll get too much into them throughout. But who knows. Can't wait to see where it goes now.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.