Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 20, 2018 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Why did the battle feel so underwhelming in the anime? I thought the manga version was way better
Mar 26, 2018 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
Shouto's character development is so interesting.

I freakin' lost it when Katsuki won but he had to be tied like Hannibal during the award ceremony. Baby boy. His character is so intense, fun and unique in a way.
Apr 4, 2018 9:40 AM
Dec 2014
Bakugou was annoying as usual.It might be funny seeing him angry a first time but after that it's just annoying.
Apr 6, 2018 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, I can't believe I put this season off for so long, it's awesome! I'm having a lot more fun watching this compared to season 1.
May 16, 2018 1:45 PM
Aug 2014
If you're always shouting I'm not going to listen to anything you have to say Bakugo.

And class-presidents brother isn't even dead?
Aug 12, 2018 2:25 AM

Jun 2013

Oh well, at least Bakugo got what he wanted even though him winning first doesn't mean he's the strongest or most powerful. Those titles definitely belong to Todoroki Shoto.

Hahaha, they had to chain Bakugo to accept his first place win. His pride has been terribly burnt. He knows he isn't the strongest.

Awww, All Might is so sweet hugging each of them and imparting words of encouragement. LOL at him forcing Bakujoe to accept his medal.

Poor Ingenium. :(

Also, I didn't know Todoroki had a sister. She's very pretty and has nice hair.

Nice seeing some of them live their daily lives. LOL at Bakujoe brushing his teeth with fury. His house looks nice though, I guess his family's prettt well off too.

臭い-
Sep 3, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
The writing for this franchise may be a bit cheesy but UGH those action scenes... they are the most intense action scenes I have seen in a long time. That fight between Bakugou and Todoroki sent chills down my spine and kept me on the edge of my seat.

Bakugou needs to get his ass caged up and taken to a zoo. Or go get the brainwashing guy to brainwash him because he acts like some mental person in an asylum. He should be grateful that he won.
Angry_Anime_NerdSep 3, 2018 1:20 PM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Sep 12, 2018 7:31 AM

Jan 2009
Here I was, waiting for All Might to give Bakugo a hug.
Oct 23, 2018 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
So literally the only student who does not deserve to win, won in the end. Meh, can't say I'm statisfied with the results. Bakugo is a retarded psycho and has no quality for a hero whatsoever.
Feb 1, 2019 9:33 PM

May 2016
Bakugo wanted to win against Todoroki while he was using his full power like he did against Izuku but he hesitated at the last second because the memories of his mother despising his left side came flashing back at him. Even though he'd won, he's clearly pissed off that his opponent didn't give his all.

Ingenium's in critical condition after a very one-sided battle against the Hero Killer and Iida has to deal with the fact that his brother's career as a hero's over. Todoroki goes to meet his mom after all this time to help her get over his father and finally let her free from the mental ward she got admitted in. Ochako's parents snuck into her house and gave her a eye-popping time while Midoriya talks with his worrisome and concerned mom. Bakugoat's directing all his rage towards the germs lol

May 19, 2019 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
This is a great episode!

Lol @ the scene wherein Kacchan walks into the wrong waiting room. He ends up entering Shoto's waiting room.

Shoto reflects about his past life while remembering Deku's words of encouragement during their previous match. Shoto mentions that the problems he has been carrying are destroyed by Deku. Shoto asks Kacchan if Deku is helpful as a friend throughout their childhood. Kacchan is annoyed by this question because he remembers Deku's kind actions. I really find Kacchan funny whenever he is mad.

Now, it is Kacchan vs. Shoto. It is an intense fight!

Shoto loses his spark in using his quirk after his match with Deku. He restrains himself from using his fire power, making Kacchan enraged.

I love that Deku encourages Shoto to continue fighting. Shoto is now motivated to use his fire power again. After all, Deku is the reason why Shoto is starting to embrace his true identity.

However...

As Shoto regains his confidence to use his fire power, he suddenly remembers the memories of his family in the past. The painful past haunts him. He stops igniting his fire power just as Kacchan attacks him with Howitzer Impact technique.

Shoto loses his sense of identity. He does not unleash his fullest potential and he continues restraining himself from using his fire power during his final match. He is defeated in the end as he lies unconsciously on the top of his ice. Kacchan is disappointed and angry because he knows that Shoto does not give his best. This scene is so heartbreaking. :'(

I just want to hug Shoto right now. He is having a painful past. He is unsure about the true essence of his left side. :'(

Kacchan is still salty even after winning. HAHAHAHA. He really wants to have a fair fight with Shoto.

I feel sad for Tenya. His brother is in critical condition.

Shoto visits his mother. He wants to reconcile with her. He also wants to move on from his tragic past so that he can continue pursuing his goal to become a hero without restraining himself.

I really want to comfort Shoto right now!

I feel glad because Shoto is having a nice character development in this episode.

When Uraraka opens the door of her home, I am surprised by the sudden movements of her parents. That scene is a jumpscare! Uraraka's parents are so sweet! They love and support their child.

Deku's mother is so funny. She has fainted seven times while watching Deku's plays during the tournament on TV. It is so cute to see them eating breakfast while talking with each other.

Lol @ the toothbrush scene at the end of the episode. Kacchan's catchphrase: "DIE!!!" He rants about killing his mouth germs while brushing his teeth He is still annoyed by the fact that Shoto throws the game. Kacchan is so hilarious. Anyway, his house is aesthetic.
Aug 8, 2019 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
It seems that Todoroki acknowledge Deku, huh? Kaachan won as what he wanted, but it doesn't make him happy. I loled when they tied him up hahaha. I liked the part when All Might hug each of them. And dang, Iida's brother is in a bad state. I hope he will recover. Iida, be strong. Uraraka's parents surprised me

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 18, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2016
Bakugou is NOT happy at all ^^; Chill!

The battle was short and I would like it to be longer which wasn't satisfying at all :/ It was a ok episode.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 25, 2019 12:27 AM
Jan 2019
Todoroki character is just amazing.
Oct 23, 2019 7:54 AM
Mar 2019
If this was a true battle shounen, the Bakugo vs Todoroki fight would have lasted much longer (though likely could have still ended the same way). Is it fair to say MHA is more of a slice of life disguised as a battle shounen? I say this because actual impactful fights come far and few between and this show is much more a study of the characters in play compared to an epic hero's journey in the traditional sense.
At the core of Midoriya's story it is still very much the hero's journey but I find since the focus is spread very evenly across the entire cast, I think it can confidently be claimed MHA isn't Deku's story but instead commentary on contemporary culture's notions of success as well as an otherwise accurate assumption of what the real world would be if the mass population were to have "quirks".
Dec 2, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2008
Bakugo is way too unstable, and failing to address that is obscenely irresponsible of the school, both to Bakugo, his classmates, and society as a whole.

I'm glad that they acknowledged that the MC's behavior wasn't acceptable, but I'll die of shock if he actually learns from this and stops acting in such a self-destructive manner. And I'll only be mildly less surprised if they stop admiring him for it.
Feb 9, 2020 6:57 PM

Feb 2017
LOL at Bakugo still having the medal in his mouth when they were in class.

May 28, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2019
Damn,I hate Bakugo for things like the finale.But still,go Todoroki!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 25, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
Cool episode!!! The fight was almost as I thought just didn't thought Todoroki will hold back. However very disappointed thing for Bakugo. He must've thought that Todoroki didn't thought him to worthy of his flames where Deku got that chance. Haha, he was totally crazy. Even at the end of the episode XD!!!

Good to see that Tensei is ok now. That was really heartbreaking to see Tensei and Shouto's mother in hospital. Probably the next thing they would have to face is Stain the hero hunter.
Mar 12, 2021 2:08 AM

Feb 2019
Great fight! Not as good as Deku vs Todoroki, but still plus ultra.

I really hope Iida and his brother will be OK, Iida is one of the best characters.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 9, 2021 9:55 AM

Jan 2020
Personally I don't really relate or feel anything towards Todoroki. I still like Todoroki though. When he's sad, it makes me feel kinda sad too.
I'm glad Bakugou won, but yeah that was a waste. It's like winning even though it wasn't even a challenge. Worst feeling ever..
3099Apr 9, 2021 9:59 AM
May 2, 2021 10:51 PM

Jun 2020
L M A O Bakugou!!!!!! God he is so intense I FUckiNG love him. And that was so sweet when All Might hugged Tokoyami & Todoroki. I love All Might, he can be so fatherly & always knows the right thing to say.

I hope Tensei will be alright :(

And that was so sad seeing Todoroki go visit his mum. His “starting line” & the first steps that he wants to take in his new found sense of self. I teared up.....he is so precious. I hope he & his mum can reconcile & find peace. And he looked so good. I love it when guys carry that kind of crossbody bag, so cute ♡_____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 9:12 PM

Feb 2021
Well Bakugo won. But still Todoroki held back his flam powers. Still the match was amazing. Bakugo tied to the podium was hilarious lol. Glad to see Ingenium will be alright. And we also get to see Todoroki finally approaching his mom after so many years.

Aug 19, 2021 9:07 AM

Aug 2020
"oi oi oi" - Bakugou. At last, we finally reached the episode.

Good first half of the season. The fight's outcomes were kinda predictable, but the action was great.

Don't forget to watch the end credits. For a second, I thought something bad was going to happen to Uraraka.
MaxiDennisAug 19, 2021 9:15 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 25, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2021
Well The sports fest has concluded....Bakugo was 1st place but he was not satisfied I mean yea Todoroki was not in his best shape....But I'm glad tho todoroki's taking steps to move forward like meeting his mom....Felt bad for Lidya :(

Anyways 1st Half's over....A new arc's gonna start!!! ^V^
Also How can I not talk about the Famous "oi oi oi "
Legit good hearing that :)
Oct 26, 2021 6:47 PM

Jan 2021
...Um the OST just before the fight began: Be a f*cking superstar!

Did I hear that right?
Jan 6, 2022 4:33 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
There's an actual winner to this tournament (at least, if you're not bakugo that is lol), and doesn't end with some villains or whatever attacking from outside interrupting mid-fight. Very nice.

edit: gotta love ururaka's mom putting her eyeball back in her face lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 14, 2022 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
Bakugo won, but he wasn't happy that Todoroki didn't give it his all. Seeing him chained up made me laugh.

I hope that Iida's brother survives. This is definitely emotional.

Todoroki went to visit his mother, at what appears to be an insane asylum. What will he say to her?

Sep 28, 2022 12:33 PM
Aug 2021
I regret watching this anime :D
Dec 23, 2022 1:07 PM
Nov 2022
Interesting, suspense and actions
Dec 28, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 2021
todoroki v bakugo, iida brother is pu tin hospital because of the hero killer: slain.
Jan 1, 2023 9:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, that was some, anticlimactic win right there, if i can be honest here. No wonder Bakugo looks so disappointedly explosive there viewing how Todoroki act against him. But oh well, it is what it is. Todoroki starting line up needs to be as an anticlimactic as possible while also giving Bakugo a little spotlight to be, as an annoying dude as ever. Good job!

Little after the credit scene happened. Not much worth mentioning except once again Bakugo being as explosive as ever. So yeah, let's just straight to the another episode next, okay?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 10, 2023 7:27 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 5, 2023 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Gator
So literally the only student who does not deserve to win, won in the end. Meh, can't say I'm statisfied with the results. Bakugo is a retarded psycho and has no quality for a hero whatsoever.
@Gator

Nah Bakugo is a all class. Knows what he wants and goes and gets it.
Dec 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, Kacchan will surely lose this one because TOdoroki is something else!
Jan 4, 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
Rewatching this series and it is very enjoyable seeing stuff not go Bakugo's way. Still don't understand how he has fans though.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Feb 14, 8:45 PM

Jul 2008
Are you sure you're not a villain Bakugo?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.