Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2017 3:53 PM

Mar 2008
"Diese Zahlung ist nicht möglich.
Ihr PayPal-Konto ist in einem Land registriert, in dem automatische Zahlungen nicht zulässig sind. Bitte gehen Sie zurück zum Händler und wählen Sie eine andere Zahlungsmethode."

(translated: "This payment is not possible.
Your PayPal account is registered in a country where automatic payments are not allowed. Please go back to the dealer and choose a different payment method. ")

Well RIP me. I was so excited for the news and I'm still happy, but at the same time I'm so sad because even though I have the money and I'd like to support MAL, I can't... T-T
May 30, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
I think the easiest would be to change the system so it uses only single-payments.

Make a balance/timer that shows the remaining amount of days like and an option to buy more days. 30 days or 365 days. (Instead of the months/years subscription packages.)

That would solve the problem for some people that don't have a credit card where in their country PayPal requests it (and even a connected bank account is not enough) - like in Germany at the moment.

It also could make it easier to implement a gift system. I saw some people wanted this. Don't know if this is even possible with subscription (might at least be a little bit harder to implement). There could just be gift codes you could purchase which could increase your day counter balance.

And you could buy as much as you want in advance. (+ Maybe a notification and email if you are low on remaining days and need to buy more. Like 2 weeks/14 days left only -> Notification.)

Since you can already cancel the subscriptions without a long cancellation - in terms of money it should not be that much different for MAL. (Maybe it means more transaction fees MAL would have to pay for the people directly paying with credit card. I don't know about this. But the companies involved in the transactions - banks and credit card companies - might prefer the subscription stuff and use lower fees there.)
May 30, 2017 1:23 AM
Apr 2008
Vanessa said:
Ihr PayPal-Konto ist in einem Land registriert, in dem automatische Zahlungen nicht zulässig sind. Bitte gehen Sie zurück zum Händler und wählen Sie eine andere Zahlungsmethode."

Your PayPal account is registered in a country where automatic payments are not allowed. Please go back to the dealer and choose a different payment method. ")

Well RIP me. I was so excited for the news and I'm still happy, but at the same time I'm so sad because even though I have the money and I'd like to support MAL, I can't... T-T

Same here. As I read the news I was happy that I now can support the side, without credits cards, that are uncommon, to pay with in our country, but then I saw this text pop up at the checkout. -_-
I hope a sulotion can be found for this problem.
May 30, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2007
I've been waiting for a PayPal option ever since the supporter plan was first introduced! Thank you so much!!

Tbh it was the favorites and color features that attracted me most but I also love that I can whitelist MAL and know I'm supporting a website I've been using for nearly 10 years and is very dear to me :)
May 30, 2017 6:07 PM
May 2017
1234Mmm
May 30, 2017 6:12 PM

Nov 2013
3$ a month is no problemo, I'm glad to be apart of the site.
May 30, 2017 8:48 PM

Nov 2016
nice!
May 31, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2015
Cool, might put some money MAL's way soon.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Jun 1, 2017 3:31 AM
Jun 2016
Nice I've been waiting for this option.
Jun 1, 2017 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
Was waiting for this thx guys for this site !
Jun 1, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2015
One day I'll have money... but probably not.

Jun 2, 2017 5:42 PM
Oct 2011
Why not payment region free?
Jun 3, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2007
Am I able to pay at a single month at a time without having it auto-charge me? That was my only blocker. I need to look into it again.
Jun 4, 2017 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
Only if I was rich to donate :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 4:38 PM

Feb 2017
Nice Option!
I created this forum for you guys to know more people and know the animes that other people are watching
Jun 6, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2011
I should switch to paypal... is that possible?
Jun 9, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2017
Cheers Mal !

Jun 12, 2017 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
yay but i'm not paying anyway - maybe one day lol
Jun 12, 2017 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Yay thanks! Just bought mine ^o^

Jun 12, 2017 11:36 PM

Feb 2013
Nice to know, I want to become a supporter but I am not even sure I can come around here as often as I did before, I've been ridiculously busy.
Anyway, paypal is an easy way to reach more people, @mirana you might be interested now.

Jun 14, 2017 9:15 PM

Apr 2010
Even though I now have MAL supporter status and done my whole paypal shebang, the payment hasn't been completed and normally things are instant for me on paypal.

Is this a trouble on my end, or MAL?
Jun 16, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2010
WooTa said:
Even though I now have MAL supporter status and done my whole paypal shebang, the payment hasn't been completed and normally things are instant for me on paypal.

Is this a trouble on my end, or MAL?

My first payment took a few days to go through, which is a bit odd as Paypal is usually instant for me as well. Don't worry about it in any case, it should be fine.
Jun 16, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
Thank you MAL. Now i become supporter :)
Jun 16, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
i can pay it because i don't have a credit card in my paypal account -_- daaamnn

can you add bitcoin in payment option? :o

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanJun 18, 2017 5:03 AM
Jun 19, 2017 11:46 AM

May 2012
Rayzer said:
Even if PayPal is added I won't buy it. It doesn't worth the payment.
Because it's just a waste of money to buy few additional features.
I guess It's good for those who like to get their money for a tiny upgrades.

It's actually not about the features, rather it's about the support! The features are just an additional bonus for the users to show that they're supporting the site.

People these days don't seem to understand that supporting someone/an organisation is more important than receiving features for it!

Great news guys, I'm glad to see Paypal is finally accepted!

Mod edit: merged double post
BrandonJun 19, 2017 10:42 PM
Jun 19, 2017 10:49 PM

Apr 2017
Nice looking forward to supporting you guys.

Discord come hang out :D

Jun 20, 2017 12:33 AM
Jun 2017
Nice to see it, now I could also support this website :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Roy said:
Glad Paypal is finally added. However, I tried to suscribe but Paypal only gives me the option to pay using a credit card (which I don't have) while I have enough money deposited in my Paypal account :/

Aki said:
finally

But I get the following message:

This payment is not possible.
Your PayPal account is registered in a country where automatic payments are not allowed. Please go back to the dealer and choose a different payment method.

SheyCroix said:
well I was one of those asking for PP so had to go ahead and get it....

weird thing #1. When selecting PayPal as payment method it took me to the Japanese site, sadly I can't read Japanese at all.....

The Note says : "The paypal payment user is required to cancel the MAL Supporter before switching the plan." (FAQ - About Paypal Payment)
but there's no satisfactory explanation for this on the FAQ.

Vanessa said:

hellspawn said:
Vanessa said:

Same here. As I read the news I was happy that I now can support the side, without credits cards, that are uncommon, to pay with in our country, but then I saw this text pop up at the checkout. -_-
I hope a sulotion can be found for this problem.

AndyMandy said:
I'd really love to support MAL and its development but when I try to purchase I get this message from paypal:

This transaction isn’t possible
Sorry, your PayPal account is registered in a country that doesn’t allow automatic payments. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

06 said:
i can pay it because i don't have a credit card in my paypal account -_- daaamnn

can you add bitcoin in payment option? :o

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Kineta said:
We are excited to announce the immediate availability of PayPal as a payment gateway for our MAL Supporter plan. Since its release, we have heard a continuous stream of requests for this payment option. After much effort and planning, it's now ready for your use.

With the numerous forum posts and private messages asking specifically for PayPal to be added, we hope this will enable more of our generous community to support MAL's continued development. I always feel a little boost of encouragement when I see custom forum titles in threads or the Supporter badges on profiles.

Thank you for your continued support! And please let us know if you run into any issues with the new functionality.

Dear @Kineta,

I got the same issue as Roy (and some of the mentioned), actually I was also one of those who requested Paypal as a payment method.
(As I assume, we probably aren't the only ones' with this issue.)

When I choose one out of both options to become a MAL supporter, I get the message that I need to add a credit card to my paypal account.
I don't have a credit card, otherwise I wouldn't have requested the Paypal method. :P

Can you please change the settings for paying with Paypal? I'm also able to pay other sites, online shops, etc. with Paypal - so I guess it is possible.
I know it might be more paper chase. You're probably running the supporter plans on an automated system - with auto cancelling of the supporter plan, if someone does not pay the fee again. I could imagine that at least. Nothing wrong with that.

For example you could (or of course the person who is responsible for this) add an one-year payment - only for one year - without a recurring payment request.
After this year, or before the subscription year ends, you could set a reminder (mail) to sent out to the users. To tell them that they might want to pay for another year, before their supporter plan is cancelled.

Might cause more traffic. To minimize the added traffic you could add this payment method on the same site, but only make it accessable by scrolling down the site? For example, with a link to an other MAL site (for the one year subscription) saying something like that in the link text: "You're interested in becoming a MAL supporter, but the Paypal payment doesn't work for you, because of not having a credit card or because of restrictions of your country for automated payments? Try our one year subscription! No credit card needed! No recurring payment methods!"

Anyway, I think it is worth the added possibility. When there are customers who are willed to pay, you should make it as easy for them to pay the money to you. To quote an article of the business insider "15 of the 30 richest countries in the world are in Europe". Credit card payment is although by far not that common as it is for example in the US. I can confirm that, due to living in Europe, Switzerland. We also often pay by card (directly debiting the bank account) in our home countries, but credit cards aren't usually needed and they usually cost extra money to keep, too. Might be one of the reasons why it isn't that common in Europe. I also think European people are more sensitive about the topic of possibly getting into debt.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'd subscribe because of being interested in supporting this site, because you're adding your little part to improve the actual situation of the anime industry difficulties - by working together with Crunchyroll for example. There are many anime and manga interested people all over the world as you know for sure by using this site. But not many anime are accessible (without big costs) outside of Japan. It seems so at least from Europe. There are many sites pirating anime episodes and many people use these sites, because of lack of possibilities which are affordable. (Or lack of knowledge about it.) Probably most of them are people who're going to school or are studying. Of course, there are also some who only pirate because it doesn't cost anything for them, but everyone who really likes anime and at least cares a little about the future development of the industry, might reconsider using such sites if there were other affordable possibilities and would know about these and also if they knew which damage it does to the industry to use the illegal streaming sites (or torrents).

Another great thing would be if all the seasonal anime would be accessible from one source (I'd prefer crunchyroll - or MAL of course :P) with subtitles and not from different ones'. (Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Netflix, Wakanim, Anime Serien, Youtube, Viki, Funimation,...)
If someone is interested in watching more than one series per season and these say "two series" are only available from two different official sources by paying for both sites, they are less likely to subscribe to any of them. I wander from the subject,... Just trying to raise awareness and trying to think about possible ways for problem-solving.

What I intended to say was, I'm interested in the supporter plan because of being interested in supporting the anime industry, not really because of the premium extras. (Although, I might try the optional features - but I really don't need them and because of these I, at least, wouldn't subscribe.)
For some others these extras might be something great and worth to buy, I guess. ;)

All of this might sound like a complaint, but it isn't intended to be one. I'm actually happy that you're working together with Crunchyroll, for example.
Keep up your efforts!

Forgotten_Memo said:
Ah that's great. PayPal is so much more convenient for me.

By the way, are there any plans to allow gifting MAL supporter plans to other users? Such a feature would be great for giving meaningful rewards in club competitions or gifts to close MAL friends and would also allow members to further support the site.

I totally agree on that! Although, I think a one-time payment would be preferred for such gifts, too.
FlueckliJun 20, 2017 12:34 PM
Jun 26, 2017 6:39 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
If it wasn't for paypal, i wouldn't have signed up. Kinda wanted to, but this gave me the final push to support a site I've been using for years now.

Thanks~
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jul 5, 2017 6:30 AM
Apr 2017
OMG !! But I don't know how to make it ??
Jul 8, 2017 9:39 AM
Jul 2017
I don't have the money for it but I've been a fan of MAL for a while.
Jul 14, 2017 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
I'd like to support the site, especially since I've got the money available right now to do so.
However, I'm also one of the people PayPal won't allow to pay for it because of the whole "no automatic payments allowed" issue.
If you guys could somehow find a way to fix that, I'd be happy to become a supporter.
Jul 21, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2015
Oh, ok.
And how is that usefull to me?
Oct 9, 2017 8:55 PM

Oct 2017
Makes things T O N S easier, especially for younger users who want to financially support the site.
Oct 22, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
Im very happy about the new payment-method. But I still cant support you. I do have the same problem.

To give us the option for single payments (instead of annual plan) would solve easily the paypal problem for peoples from Germany, Netherlands etc. maybe. I dont know if you are plan a change in your payment system. If its really a paypal problem because of the local law or something else, this problem cant be solved until you make a change in your payment system - single-year-purchase for example.

We would be very happy to support you.
Nov 26, 2017 11:24 PM
Jul 2017
Good s*it,i mean keep with good work MAL!!! 😁
Dec 29, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2017
I received a phone call from my bank and asked a question where did the amount came from Japan? xD I was SO confused and I just realised I forgot that I'm starting MAL support! :)

Is there a way to change my payment Direct Debit to Paypal. I do not like to loose my settings or something interfere with MAL Support.
Jan 14, 2018 12:24 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
So I wanted to start donating today because I use MAL on a daily basis and wanted to show my support - unfortunately, I'm facing the same problem as other people:

"Your PayPal is registered in a country where automatic payments aren't allowed. Please go back and choose another payment method."

I've read some great suggestions about it here (buying a one year membership that doesn't automatically get a renewal so you can buy another year manually and so on) and I'd be happy if you'd think about implementing that. :)

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Feb 4, 2019 5:18 PM

Jan 2018
Amazing! This makes everything way easier.
Sep 2, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry for reviving an old thread here on the forum, but I also suggest to make it possible to pay for the membership with just our PayPal accounts (without adding a credit card). I see how some of us explained it here before in details.

That would make it much more simplier and actually available for many people. This is the only barrier that prevents me (and probably many others) from supporting you guys in this way.
Sep 6, 2019 1:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@klubek Thanks for your post. We haven't forgotten about this, just changed owners in the middle. It's something we plan to change in the future :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
2 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.