Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 31, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2013
You know when you tell an eternal optimist who forgot to do his homework he's screwed, only for him to reply that "Anything can happen, maybe a meteorite will fall and hit the school..."?

Yeah...
I applaud you eternal optimist. *Slow clap*
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 31, 2016 6:21 AM
Mar 2013
Damn the end part made me giggle a little due to scenario when the timing was soo good for a confession but someone(something) has to ruin that moment cuz its still to early to be lovey - dovey ....still confused on the ending but my deduction is she's still alive swallowed whole by one of those flying condoms and the floating object that come out of the water bleeding is the bird cut in haft .......only pure speculation but I'll still keep my fingers cross cuz i dropped a lot of series this season and still keeping my hopes up for this one
Jul 31, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh today I noticed this is original work for the first time. I usually don't check this and assumed it was based on some LN or VN. Heavily felt like that. I wanted to wait until episode 4 cause watching up to 3 was not enough to decide wether I should continue or drop.

End of 3 was good. At 4 it was a bit fast paced but that is okay. At least they won't skip stuff since there is no other thing they adapt since it is original.

Felt a bit boring ... until end again. Don't know what happened there or what this is about the no-entry zone.

Maybe people entering there will turn into those monsters.

Intersting enough to keep me watching and I will score this at 7/10 for now. Thought it would be 6 at the start and then go down instead of up with my score.
Jul 31, 2016 6:34 AM

Aug 2015
what was that final blow scene -__-
Jul 31, 2016 7:24 AM

Mar 2014
Damn that was pretty shocking !!

I hope Canaria is alive otherwise this show will end up being crap
Jul 31, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2007
I did expect something to happen to Canaria but how they did it ruining that touching atmosphere turned into horror, it really got me. A brutal ending for this episode, I really liked Canaria so I'm gonna cry now and then reading the comments in this thread of people laughing at that ending is really making me sad. Such a cruel world both in the anime and the real world T.T

And the action part I sensed laziness in the production......
Jul 31, 2016 9:20 AM
Oct 2014
Tzeo_Arudaloo said:
I did expect something to happen to Canaria but how they did it ruining that touching atmosphere turned into horror, it really got me. A brutal ending for this episode, I really liked Canaria so I'm gonna cry now and then reading the comments in this thread of people laughing at that ending is really making me sad. Such a cruel world both in the anime and the real world T.T

And the action part I sensed laziness in the production......

Well,most people laugh because of the irony and because they don't care about her.
In the end really,the characters are nothing new.The only likable one was the sniper.
As for the rest,we have a optimistic op "hime" to which the mc rightfully calls her an idiot,the generic aide who only likes hime and detest anyone else cause hell yea,she's more of a maid/servant.The happy go lucky heroine which is useless besides her singing.I mean I cringed from the very first moments."When you're in trouble, smile" the usual phrase from the naive heroine.

Then the mc.I gotta admit I liked a lot his VA and his serious attitude at first,he was my taste,a little annoying with his catchphrase but still better than the rest.
The reason was because they are supposed to live in a world which was almost annihilated by enemies yet they acted at every attack like they were in a vacation.
A deep contrast to the first scene in the series where we have the serious scene.
Of course they had to shit him too,make him like any hotblooded youth which goes w/o any plan or idea.
Which is sad cause his vengeance was justified.He lost everything.

For the romance aspect,I would've wanted the sniper or mc with the Hotaru,as all the other females are a joke.
Jul 31, 2016 9:44 AM
Dec 2014
Kibbleru said:
i dint even under stand how that works.. any1 care to explain why she got hit with a random rock?

Just speculating. I think that the 'rock' attack might be some kind of countermeasure by the humans to prevent objects from entering secured zones inside the barrier. It would also get activated when Canaria and Aoi left the secured zone and headed for the no-entry zone without being officially permitted to do so.

At least it looked like the adults knew exactly what would happen.
=> "Will you get to her in time?!"

If that'd really be the reason of her death Ichiya would be even more pissed off I suppose.
RisingSun452Jul 31, 2016 9:48 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2011
This is Mayoiga 2nd Season, just watch it moderately and don't hope for too much.
Jul 31, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
Ok episode I guess. I must say what keeps me watching this series is the Chigusa siblings. That cliffhanger at the end though..
Jul 31, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't think Canaria would go out in such a way tho. When it happened I literally said "Welp, there she goes!".

I was interested in this show before it started and I really wanted it to be good, but pretty much the only reason I still watch is because the siblings and Hime. They pretty much makes the show.
Jul 31, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't think Canaria would go out in such a way tho. When it happened I literally said "Welp, there she goes!".

I was interested in this show before it started and I really wanted it to be good, but pretty much the only reason I still watch is because the siblings and Hime. They pretty much makes the show.
Jul 31, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2016
Im still optimistic that Canaria still survives, but she's going to suffer a very horible injury that would take her out of the picture for quite a while.

To lose a main character at this early stage js just nuts

Besides, didnt they mention Canaria has above avg regen ability which is why she was able to survive the attack from ep3?

I cant wait for next week. Despite not being the brighest show out there, every episodes ends with a cliffhanger.

I wonder what's the cliffhanger for next week.
Jul 31, 2016 11:44 AM

May 2009
WHAT THE FUCK

But really, 99% sure she somehow survived via teleportation or something (seagulls are falseflag). They wouldn't kill co-protagognist when only she and Suzaku have flashbacks.
Jul 31, 2016 11:49 AM

May 2016
lol at "slide show" battle scene in this episode. Are these intentional? And without enemy background story this far?
Jul 31, 2016 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
MozillaFennekin said:
Senpaoi said:

The director is the one that hires the supervisors and goes over the script and such. The heads of A-1 Pictures have nothing to do with it. They're not going to throw it out anyway.

This is not complicated. A-1 Pictures is credited for making this. They put their name and label on it. They are simply "A-1 Pictures." Not "A few people at A-1 Pictures."

Regardless of what they put their name on, they're still not responsible for the final product.
Jul 31, 2016 1:31 PM

Sep 2013
NOOOOOO!!!! Canaria was too lovable to be killed off like this!! Also, what was the no-entry zone?? the markers at the sea beyond which Umihotaru was located???
Jul 31, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2016
So uh, overall a pretty decent episode. It wasn't the best but it wasn't terrible either.

Also, is it bad that I just started laughing really hard when that rock or whatever hit Canaria?? It was just so ridiculous and out of nowhere lmaooo.

RIP Canaria...
Jul 31, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2016
Canaria was the only reason to watch this show since everything else is terrible, the studio wouldn't dare to try to sabotage themselves like that.
Jul 31, 2016 3:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm after the shock of what happened to Cana chan last episode i was expecting this episode to be just as good.

It's sure nice to see Icchan finally realizing that it was his rash and foolish actions that caused Cana to be injured and from there finally see hint of his true personality.
Likewise its also nice to see him actively working together with the members of the other cities without arguing with them.

The battle scene in this episode was well done and backed up with some good music.
When Icchan thinks before he acts he is a pretty capable field commander and i hope that we see more of this version than the other one that acts like a moron.

Damm that stunt by the chiba was dangerous but at the same time unexpected.

Damm what happened in the end was so unexpected and i hope that Cana chan will be fine
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2016 3:17 PM
Jul 2016
I really like this episode I also like how the anime keeps hooking you in after every episodes I'm gonna be really mad and sad if canaria dies but if she dies than its gonna be an huge character development for the main character. Plus I'm pretty sure she's dead I don't think anyone can survive that so sad😢😢😢😢
Jul 31, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
One of the most poorly animated episode I have ever seen. It felt more like a VN then an anime. This was the definition of a pathetic episode, any other time I would drop an anime...but that fucking cliffhanger.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 31, 2016 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
CodeHiyari said:
Inugirlz said:

Pls no. Not Shu. Never Shu. Watch him go blind too -.-

But Shu never went blind .3.

...If we're talking about the Shuu from Guilty Crown then spoiler alert

Jul 31, 2016 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
I'm probably the only one but, laughing at this potato rifle from Unturned xD
Jul 31, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2014
So the MC can dodge a sniper bullet but can't sense a huge black meteorite looking thing coming from under him?
Jul 31, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2016
i've liked this show so far, but this episode was a bit underwhelming. the conclusion of the fight that lasted two episodes with the still frames was pretty bad.

the cliffhanger at the end was interesting, and tbh i don't see how so many people here care about canaria so much, saying she's the reason they watch this show. if anything, the chiba heads are my favorite characters, canaria doesn't really have much going for her.
Jul 31, 2016 8:41 PM

Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
CodeHiyari said:

But Shu never went blind .3.

Really? I thought
Jul 31, 2016 11:16 PM

Dec 2009
Hooray more gravity bs science!

So the big alien cactus just waited for them all to chat and reorganize? How generous.
He got manly bitchslapped.
And lol, what was with that final attack scene, it wasn't even animated lol.

HalAnime said:
I'm probably the only one but, laughing at this potato rifle from Unturned xD
Looks like they had an amateur attempt to draw the guns in that scene...

Seriously though, wtf his with that end? Was it her power? Or did she just get cannonballed by one of the alien things?
If it's a deus ex meteor i'm gonna (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
(rip seagull)

ButtSlapper said:
best anime of this season. i can see this show is trying so hard to surpass mahou sensou
I don't think anything can fuck up that hard... that anime was pretty special.
GenesisAriaJul 31, 2016 11:54 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 1, 2016 12:24 AM

Apr 2016
Pretty liked this episode so far as compared to the previous ones.
Nice to see some struggles from the MC and how he cope up with those mistakes to successfully beat the enemy.
As for the animation of this episode, I was really disappointed of that combined attack by Tenkawa and Icchan ---- it should've been a badass moment if it was animated... but what we get was still pictures and not just still... it's poorly drawn too. What happened A1 Pictures???
That end scene though... what a cliffhanger.
I hope the plot of this anime will get better and better as it progresses.
footmasterAug 1, 2016 12:28 AM
Aug 1, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
It'll be better if her neck exploded or something like that
Aug 1, 2016 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
SAO movie must be super awesome if no budget left for this show. Common sense dictates the final blow should have the best animation and the shocking cliffhanger twist concerning female lead dramatic not hilarious. Shit directing shit anination. A1 pictures is shit. This show deserves better.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Aug 1, 2016 6:19 AM
May 2016
An okay episode, nothing special. Though a wtf cliffhanger, there's something creature hit or ate Canaria. O.o
Aug 1, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
RIP Canada? I call this the cliff hanger of the season because of how unintentionally hilarious it was. This episode was better than the previous three for me at least. I might actually still continue watching this.
allo
Aug 1, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
CodeHiyari said:
Inugirlz said:

Really? I thought

Aug 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Canaria is going to live its so obvious with these shows.

Aug 1, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 2016
I don't even get the no-entry zone. When did that happen?
Aug 1, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
CodeHiyari said:

Really? I thought

Ah, alright. Didn't notice, thanks for the insight c;
Aug 1, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
Wow. . . Best episode so far. . . Like to see Icchan development in this episode. . .

Also, Didn't expected the last scene. . . But I bet Canaria will survive somehow
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Aug 1, 2016 5:29 PM
Jul 2016
This episode was such a disappointment after four episodes the only thing we got is:

"I don't need anybody else I can do this on my own" or whatever his words were repeated so many times in a row.

Honestly if weren't the animation, the soundtrack and like the only two characters in this show who would of made much better main characters then the first main boy and girl pair I would of dropped this long ago.

(Plus the other two girls I forgot what their names were XD)
Aug 1, 2016 10:18 PM

May 2014
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SORRY BUT THIS IS SO FUNNY KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2012

I lol'd.

I also lol'd at this whole episode and that quality art. animation/10.
We should probably throw a comedy tag onto this now. So hilarious.

Joking aside, I assume their weapon activation tag on their neck attracts those unknown things if they enter the forbidden area or w/e. Their island thing probably has some system that hides them or w/e but once they leave the range, the unknowns can find them somehow (which when the hell was that btw? When they were flying to the battle? Then why don't the other fighters have that red warning thing on their tags? They all flew together...).
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 2, 2016 4:09 AM

Dec 2012
WTF she got destroyed at the end.
The animation quality of the fights was very bad in this episode, we even didn't see the end of the monster. I wonder why only the two girls had a gps behind her ears ?
Aug 2, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2012
I'm contemplating to continue watching the show or not.
Aug 2, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
I was like hell yeah! finally Icchan gets character developement. The battle was nice and the relationship between them gets better.
Then at the end.

Made me pause for a whole minute and go "WHAAAAATTT THE FUVVVVCCCKKK!"
Are you bullzhitting me!!!
Dafavck is this !!!!

Well. Curious to find out what happens next. Seriously wtf happened? Will be(hopefully) answered in the next ep.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Aug 2, 2016 9:10 AM

Apr 2015
I really like the sibling relationship in this animu =D.

Ending kinda came unexpected for me 0.0
Aug 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Oh boy, nothing like the near death of someone close too really develop a person's character right? Pretty good episode we got .
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 2, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
Diablock said:
I'm contemplating to continue watching the show or not.

Best comedy of the season, keep watching.
Aug 2, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
one of the worst shows this season. changed the main guy into the average friendship>all idiot and killed his waifu. oh i forgot the horrible designed enemies and broing battles (didn't even bother to animate the final blow against the big red blob)....

Aug 2, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
and to be precise here Qualidea Code would just be like Gallipoli Campaign
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Aug 3, 2016 8:50 AM
Mar 2016
xSkipi said:
XDDDD Sorry maybe I wasn't supposed to laugh at that end ... but that was too funny
just for that, best episode so far

I thought I was the only one who laughed xD it seems someone/something was hungry and just happened to eat Canaria xD or she was smashed by a rock or sth. like that
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

104 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.