New 'Berserk' TV Anime Announces Staff and Cast

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
This is already dead for me.
Mar 22, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2016
Real weird list. Looks like I'll be watching just to see how it ends up.
Mar 22, 2016 8:32 AM
Sep 2007
So, cast is pretty much same as in remake movies, but they have Unsho Ishizuka back as Narrator like in original series from 90s.

Really hoped for Nobutoshi Canna, Toshiyuki Morikawa, and Yuko Miyamura to come back as Guts, Griffith, and Casca.
Mar 22, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Here goes all my fate in this
Mar 22, 2016 8:39 AM
May 2015
At least got Susumu Hirasawa but i hope its good animation.

Nvm saw PV GG
TsukiiKawaiiMar 22, 2016 8:44 AM
Mar 22, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
So this is officially a damn remake?
And worst of it's a CGI animation?
Fuck this shit, I'm out!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 22, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
The staff is... underwhelming, but maybe the PV later this week will suprise us.
Mar 22, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
Everybody be like "oh the CGI is bad" "oh the staff is bad" and I'm here like

"I'll finally hear Puck's voice!!!!! yeeeee :D"
HELLO THERE, ONII-CHAN
Mar 22, 2016 9:37 AM
Nov 2010
Oh, I'm really interested to see how this will turn out.
Mar 22, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2015
This had better keep in touch with the manga's violence and darkness, the original 1997 series cut out so much of the good stuff. Hopefully Hirasawa will have more to do with the music than he did in the trilogy movies.

Still, LidenFilms scares me, I don't need any Terra Formars censorship shit ruining this masterpiece series.
Mar 22, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
It's already begun.

Mar 22, 2016 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
It's going to be really funny if this show ends up being great. Dear God the haters really need to take a vacation.
Mar 22, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2007
Although expected, it's a shame they are still going with the movie cast. I just finished re-watching the TV series and the cast is so much more powerful. Especially Canna Nobutoshi as Guts.

I don't like CGI anime either, but for now at least I can look forward to more music by Hirasawa Susumu. The rest is in the air :v
Mar 22, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Lol looking at Millepensee studio page and seeing Berserk along with all the other "Cute" anime made me chuckle, anyways yeah I just want this to come out already.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 22, 2016 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
This is hilarious!" Haha! Guts! You can't say that kind of stuff around Griffith-kun, he's a guy! Haha! Hey! Stupid being an arrogant tsundere Casca! We're in summer now, so wear your summer uniform!

- The future

At this point there is nothing to be disappointed about There's only up.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 22, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
Rayzer said:
So this is officially a damn remake?
And worst of it's a CGI animation?
Fuck this shit, I'm out!

If anything we're sure it's at least not a remake. The movies remade the Golden Age arc, which was already animated in the 1990s Anime. But this will animate parts of Berserk never seen before. Such as Lost Childrens (might be skipped) and more likely the Tower of Conviction arc.

Also, Farnese is getting voiced, so there's a waifu.
Mar 22, 2016 6:42 PM
Mar 2012
Burly men doing cute girly stuff with CG armies sounds unique enough. Might watch as a first Berserk exposure to see what's it about.
Mar 22, 2016 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
I smell trainwreck of the year tbh.
The staff doesn't look promising at all.
Mar 22, 2016 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
The Lost Children's arc might be skipped, as I don't see Rosine's VA being listed. It's a shame as I really enjoyed the battle between Guts and Rosine. =(

Safe to say we should be starting from the Tower of Conviction arc.

Mar 22, 2016 10:53 PM
Dec 2012
EasyGo-er said:
LOL I probably won't even touch this just like I did with the movies. If they're really going for full CG, they should've picked Polygon Pictures instead of some not-really-well-known CG studio GEMBA. At least their adaptations of Sidonia and Ajin looked decent compared to other CG anime. Maybe I'll check it out, only if it does get quite a positive reviews from others, though I'm doubting that at this moment. Let's wait for the next PV then.

The Berserk movies are actually good, apart from the average CG in part 1, there is a gradual improvement in part 2 and especially a noticeable improvement in part 3.

Another thing, the main studio that is handling this project is LIDENFILMS, they are the studio that handled Arslan (which a lot of the animation was part CG and was handled appropriately in most part) and they handled TerraFormars.

So it may give an idea about this project?
emjay911Mar 22, 2016 10:58 PM
Mar 23, 2016 4:36 AM
Oct 2011
This stuff is shit :(
Mar 23, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Linden made arslan- I like arslan. I do hope it isn't full CGI but even if it is I'll still watch it. The director is a bit of a noob tho but scrip writer is good.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 23, 2016 10:18 AM
Aug 2015
Can't wait to see guts become "kawai" desu
Curse you millepensee !!
Hey at least susumu is back. And to see puck get a voice make me hype enough
Mar 23, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
Damn why did they not picked Guts original VA (Not the movies ) when he is still active and doing great ?(Lancer from Fate/stay Night recently)
Mar 23, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
This is gonna make Dragon Ball Super look like HxH 2011.

Sorry but Japan cant make CGI work, only Murika can(Look at Beast Wars with primitive CGI and was probably one of the best transformers series):

Mar 23, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder what kind of criticism they get in japan about this cast revealing. Honestly with stuff like this I'm always curious what the japanese think.
Mar 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Mar 2009
thepath said:
The chance of Berserk being bad is zero. CGI or animation is not what makes any good or bad. It is the story, characters, settings etc

Also, Berserk movies CGI never bothered me at all. The visuals looked fine to me

Yes, but the Berserk movies were rushed and left out a ton of stuff. Important character moments, for one.

As people have said already, at least LIDEN FILMS has experience with medieval/fantasy series: Arslan.
Their CGI was terrible, but I guess we're already used to the awful CGI, thanks to the movies. That'll never change I guess...

They're mostly going with the movie cast, but as for the new characters, I'm pleased with the casting for Farnese(great seiyuu) and Serpico(Jonathan Joestar and Andre from Prison School, the guy has range). Isidro's is okay I guess.

People keep making fun of the guy who directed Teekyu, but he also did Basquash and Ben-to. And he had a hand in Panty & Stocking, Gurren Lagann, and the Lupin: Fujiko Mine anime. Despite Teekyu, he has talent and he's experienced. In fact, the guy was fired from Basquash, and that's when the series went downhill. Before that Basquash was extremely well-directed. Ben-to was very creative and stylish, as well. For now, I'll give him a fair chance.

As for the series comp. the guy did the first season of Psycho-Pass(along with Urobuchi I guess?), and Psycho-Pass S1 was good. Unlike S2.

Despite the CGI and those other animation studios I haven't heard of, I guess I'm okay with the staff. They could be a lot worse. The CGI has the potential to kill it, though.
Mar 24, 2016 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
Every news about this adaptation is bringing my expectations lower and lower.
What a beautiful Duwang.
Mar 24, 2016 7:46 AM
Sep 2015
ziggy_Z said:

P.P.S. @Stark700 Akio Ootsuka was also in Ougon Jidaihen, so how come you used F/Z?

^ This.

Also, Unshou Ishizuka was in the original series, although he voiced a different character. Still, I would expect fans of Berserk are more interested in returning cast members than they are that those cast members happened to play some character on another show (however famous it may be), so I feel like Unshou and Akio should both be corrected to reflect this (perhaps with Unshou's stating "as Void" to clarify the difference in character?

Stark700 said:
quote for poke unless you have that feature turned off like an intelligent forum-goer
Mar 24, 2016 7:17 PM
Aug 2011
Ok, I've been absent for a long time from the forums and I didn't really follow news about new shows...I saw the promo after I ranted a bit on the sequel to FLCL...I was ticked off at that...but now I am entirely pi**ed. They ruined it pretty much with the movies and now they want to f**k it up entirly? Why, WHY so much CGI? It looks horrible! I know there are a lot of shows that have badly incorrporated computer graphics (to the extent that the characters themselves end up looking like flat pieces of paper) but this is ridiculous.
Berserk is probably my favourite manga and I've been kind of waiting for the rest to be made into an anime. But I've barely made it through the animation in the movies, and I'm not sure if I will be able to stomach a whole series. I know that the visual isn't the only point to consider (and I tried to ignore it in the last movie as much as I could), but heck, if it's going to be as bad as in the promo, f**k it. And by looking at the list of people involved, I am not quite sure the show's going to have a happy ending...
But, nothing is certain in this world and it could be that not "that much CGI" was used and that the show will turn out fine...I just hope they don't massacre it all the way.
Mar 24, 2016 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
Please don't suck, please don't suck...

Berserk already has three butchered adaptations if you take a look at the CG laden films. Why couldn't they take a page from the original adaptation and do it right? I mean, the staff don't seem to suit the job at all, and what's more... CGI again?
Mar 24, 2016 7:47 PM
Mar 24, 2016 7:55 PM

Nov 2014
OMG! This is happening! The berserk adaptation we never asked for.

Mar 25, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
Dylan21 said:
Very weird staff, expectations are really low going by it. They don't suit it at all, seems like a staff listing for some SoL short rather than a bloody action series with epic fights and amazing art (well at least it's meant to if they adapted the manga properly with a high budget). Previous PV looked like shit but still promotional pictures they've used look great.

That looks pretty nice but I don't think anything can make me think this will be that good anymore.
Mar 25, 2016 8:11 AM

May 2014
Confirmed to be 24 episodes (on Hummingbird it's listed as that): http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Summer_2016

New Visual
Mar 25, 2016 10:14 AM
Aug 2015
Holly god. That's looks really cool. Love the new visual.
And also PUCK!!!!
Love that dude
Mar 25, 2016 12:20 PM
Jul 2013
thepath said:
The chance of Berserk being bad is zero. CGI or animation is not what makes any good or bad. It is the story, characters, settings etc

Also, Berserk movies CGI never bothered me at all. The visuals looked fine to me

the chance of berserk being bad is 0? hahahaha nice joke. you people take animation too lightly if you think it can't make things good or bad. want an example? i will give you an example that animation made anime better than manga. HxH 2011. anime > manga. undeniable fact. the drawn of manga is mediocre at best and not even half as good as berserk is, but the epic 2D animation from Madhouse made the crap drawn manga look epic in the anime. want an example that bad animation made the anime worse than the manga? One Piece. animation can easily make an anime good or bad, and now a days animes are rated based on animation too. if animation of Berserk is bad, it won't even be able to draw half % of epicness the manga has

CGI on movies was horrible
Mar 27, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2014
Oh boy this is going to suck...At least I have other shows to look forward to for the summer.
Mar 28, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2012
I think I'm giving up on this already. CG animes never work for me.

JUST MAKE A PROPER SEQUEL TO THE ORIGINAL 1997 SERIES! God, it's not that hard!
Mar 29, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2011
You know what I don't get, where is the fucking respect? This series should be done by Madhouse or somebody else, perhaps even just round up the top talent in the entire industry. I mean its Berserk for God's sake!

Even worst though is the CG. This manga is like a national freakin' treasure for Japan, and here they are taking another giant shit on it. I mean its just really, incredibly obnoxious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2016 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Dylan21 said:
Confirmed to be 24 episodes (on Hummingbird it's listed as that): http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Summer_2016

New Visual

Wow. The new visual looks amazing.
Mar 29, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Lmao, Teekyu's director.

Same VAs from the films, as expected.

If that 24-episode length rumour is true, then fuck.
Mar 29, 2016 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
LayedBack said:
You know what I don't get, where is the fucking respect? This series should be done by Madhouse or somebody else, perhaps even just round up the top talent in the entire industry. I mean its Berserk for God's sake!

Even worst though is the CG. This manga is like a national freakin' treasure for Japan, and here they are taking another giant shit on it. I mean its just really, incredibly obnoxious.

As another user on Reddit explained it to me, there's simply not the money to do it. No big donors with good tastes, and Berserk doesn't have the demographics to draw in huge BD sales. If anything, this anime is to test the waters.
Mar 29, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2011
I don't really care about the animation... as long as I get some Berserk.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
36 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
51 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.