Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 9, 2019 9:04 AM
Jan 2019
Pls gimme some news! Recently finished watching the "Goblin Slayer" to cover up my longing for grimgar, I miss grimgar so bad.
Jan 12, 2019 9:37 AM

Apr 2018
still waiting :( i hope soon
Jan 23, 2019 11:20 PM
Jan 2019
https://www.thecinemaholic.com/grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-anime/
Aaargh~! Finally good news :)) i've been waiting this day for too long. Keep hoping everyone.
DerrickZhouJan 24, 2019 3:45 AM
Jan 25, 2019 1:13 AM
Jul 2017
DerrickZhou said:
https://www.thecinemaholic.com/grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-anime/
Aaargh~! Finally good news :)) i've been waiting this day for too long. Keep hoping everyone.

Oh nice to read that ! Also it's nice to see other people that enjoyed this anime!
Jan 26, 2019 3:21 AM

Nov 2009
I'd love to watch season 2 if they make it.
Jan 26, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2016
I believe this anime its been re-broadcasted starting this month, do I see a second season on the horizon? I hope so.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 17, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
I have to say even though Im not a big fan of it, I would appreciate a second season. But after that we probably never would get a third and the story would remain unfinished, so whatever
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 18, 2019 12:21 AM
Apr 2012
Ppl in the first page who said 'hopefully never' probably have some kind of mental problem hope everything is ok
Mar 1, 2019 10:40 AM
Mar 2016
From hai to gensou no grimgar fandom :

"Should I just follow my own heart...? If I can, then everything'll be fine."

A newly written episode depicting Ranta's struggles during his journey, Masked Humanity. As well, the thoughts of the volunteer solider trainee Manato who died in the midst of his ambitions, Just Please, Only a Little Bit More; Shihoru's and Yume's interactions with their instructors from their respective guilds, Today is 'Good Night'. These extra four episodes will be baed from the bonus novels for the anime television series!

https://hai-to-gensou-no-grimgal.fandom.com/wiki/Level._14%2B_Not_Choosing_to_Stay_the_Same?comments_page=1

Can any of you find an official source?
Found it here
https://over-lap.co.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=9784865544664&vid=&cat=BNK&swrd=
Dali14Mar 1, 2019 10:56 AM
Mar 23, 2019 11:39 PM
Jan 2019
I admit the story is realy "slow" but i like almost everything in this show. 8/10. Don't like the story? Hah... Probably that garbage anime which is called "Sword Art Online" that hates on this anime.
Apr 3, 2019 6:36 AM
Apr 2019
Totally agree, a little bit slow and simple, but I don't know what exactly that thing is but there is definitely something cool in this anime
May 5, 2019 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
I only decided to start watching this anime recently and I’m sort of kicking myself for not watching it when it first came out in 2016. I guess I just wasn’t really in the mood to watch another isekai, although watching The Rising of the Shield Hero lately has inspired me to give some older isekai a fair shake.

I’m about nine episodes in and I’m really impressed by the atmosphere and gravity that this show carries with it. The fight scenes are really interesting in that it isn’t just some sort of flashy fight scenes or any OP characters like Kirito beating characters easily just because. I love seeing how the characters struggle, grow, and adapt.

The only downside to this anime (and this might have to do with the premise) is it feels like a lot of the characters personalities are lacking...and that might have a little to do with the fact that they have no memories from before they reached Grimgar. It just makes the characters feel a little shallow without any context to their personalities.

Still, it is finally nice to see a MC that isn’t OP or charismatic, who actually struggles in both combat and personal interactions. It’s fun seeing a character who is lacking those traits slowly grow into a competent party leader. Granted, I guess I shouldn’t say “finally” considering Shield Hero is similar in that regard.

Either way, I do hope we get a second season. I’ve enjoyed this season far too much and want to see more.
May 5, 2019 11:42 PM

Apr 2019
Toucanbird said:
I only decided to start watching this anime recently and I’m sort of kicking myself for not watching it when it first came out in 2016. I guess I just wasn’t really in the mood to watch another isekai, although watching The Rising of the Shield Hero lately has inspired me to give some older isekai a fair shake.

I’m about nine episodes in and I’m really impressed by the atmosphere and gravity that this show carries with it. The fight scenes are really interesting in that it isn’t just some sort of flashy fight scenes or any OP characters like Kirito beating characters easily just because. I love seeing how the characters struggle, grow, and adapt.

The only downside to this anime (and this might have to do with the premise) is it feels like a lot of the characters personalities are lacking...and that might have a little to do with the fact that they have no memories from before they reached Grimgar. It just makes the characters feel a little shallow without any context to their personalities.

Still, it is finally nice to see a MC that isn’t OP or charismatic, who actually struggles in both combat and personal interactions. It’s fun seeing a character who is lacking those traits slowly grow into a competent party leader. Granted, I guess I shouldn’t say “finally” considering Shield Hero is similar in that regard.

Either way, I do hope we get a second season. I’ve enjoyed this season far too much and want to see more.

Wait til you get to episode 11, you'll be in for a hell of a roller-coaster ride.

ot : I would really love a season 2 and still optimistic about it.

Jun 18, 2019 10:48 AM
Dec 2017
I feel like the "unpopular opinion" person.

I liked the anime, but didn't like the story/plot. The characters felt far too immature and unrealistic. It was comical to me, because every immature cliche was overdone. I do understand the point of starting in the worst possible position possible, and being stuck with it. The cleric being a better tank than the warrior tank. The cleric being a better melee dps than all the other dps combined. The cleric being a better range assassin than all range assassins combined. The cleric leader is like a piece of shit mother sacrificing her children because she wants to be nice, caring, and loving. Sacrificing her children meaning never preparing them for reality by keeping them sheltered. It provides room for growth, after the terrible mother figure leaves. The problem, of the story, was its too short to show the results of their growth. The moment the stop being immature retards, the anime ends.

A better story would have been showing the character leveling up, learning no skills, new battle strategies, finding a decent goal, a rival, showing team work, and on and on. Even in video games you end up fighting a boss monster in the early stages; and you cannot beat it without some good team work. Actually, a better story would have been from the girl's point of view. Over coming her fear and shyness. Basically saying, anything else would have been a better story.

==SPOILER BELOW==

I just wanted to say something about the last episode. The immature Shadow Knight kid is still being a bitch, and even his familiar is begging for this bitch to die. Honestly, i wanted that bitch to die. Then they luckily escape into hiding. The bitch starts screaming "flat chest", over and over. Basically after the death of a party member, and all the terrible things. This bitch is still far too immature to care about his life or the life of his comrades. He's screaming to get the monsters attention. What a fucking buffoon. This is why I don't like the story. Even a down syndrome 4yr old would know better at this point. Instead of the leader maturing to bitch slap the cry baby teammates. Instead of bitch slapping the shadow knight to follow orders and shut the fuck up. He magically gains plot abilities to save the day. I basically hate this type of story.

A better ending would have been a total wipe. In a video game, with a party of this caliber of morons, they would all die. It would have been a better lesson for the viewer too. Act like a bitch, die like a bitch.
charliechuckleJun 18, 2019 11:16 AM
Jun 24, 2019 5:36 PM
Aug 2018
charliechuckle said:

I liked the anime, but didn't like the story/plot. The characters felt far too immature and unrealistic. It was comical to me, because every immature cliche was overdone. I do understand the point of starting in the worst possible position possible, and being stuck with it. The cleric being a better tank than the warrior tank. The cleric being a better melee dps than all the other dps combined. The cleric being a better range assassin than all range assassins combined. The cleric leader is like a piece of shit mother sacrificing her children because she wants to be nice, caring, and loving. Sacrificing her children meaning never preparing them for reality by keeping them sheltered. It provides room for growth, after the terrible mother figure leaves. The problem, of the story, was its too short to show the results of their growth. The moment the stop being immature retards, the anime ends.

A better story would have been showing the character leveling up, learning no skills, new battle strategies, finding a decent goal, a rival, showing team work, and on and on. Even in video games you end up fighting a boss monster in the early stages; and you cannot beat it without some good team work. Actually, a better story would have been from the girl's point of view. Over coming her fear and shyness. Basically saying, anything else would have been a better story.

==SPOILER BELOW==

I just wanted to say something about the last episode. The immature Shadow Knight kid is still being a bitch, and even his familiar is begging for this bitch to die. Honestly, i wanted that bitch to die. Then they luckily escape into hiding. The bitch starts screaming "flat chest", over and over. Basically after the death of a party member, and all the terrible things. This bitch is still far too immature to care about his life or the life of his comrades. He's screaming to get the monsters attention. What a fucking buffoon. This is why I don't like the story. Even a down syndrome 4yr old would know better at this point. Instead of the leader maturing to bitch slap the cry baby teammates. Instead of bitch slapping the shadow knight to follow orders and shut the fuck up. He magically gains plot abilities to save the day. I basically hate this type of story.

A better ending would have been a total wipe. In a video game, with a party of this caliber of morons, they would all die. It would have been a better lesson for the viewer too. Act like a bitch, die like a bitch.

If this was a story targeting older audiences I would agree but for what it was it accomplished it pretty well. For a story about immature teens transported to a world they have no clue about, on top of having having no cheats to rely on it hit the mark pretty well. The story was dark but i dont think its target was to go as dark as you described. Also I liked how everyone doesnt just level up and learn new skills easily, it would have kinda ruined what the story was going for imo.
Jul 5, 2019 7:00 AM
Dec 2017
DjangoUnchained2 said:
charliechuckle said:

==SPOILER BELOW==

If this was a story targeting older audiences I would agree but for what it was it accomplished it pretty well. For a story about immature teens transported to a world they have no clue about, on top of having having no cheats to rely on it hit the mark pretty well. The story was dark but i dont think its target was to go as dark as you described. Also I liked how everyone doesnt just level up and learn new skills easily, it would have kinda ruined what the story was going for imo.

If they tried to do a "Lord of the Flies" type anime, then they failed hard core.

#1) They were not isolated.
#2) Children hunting pig, deer, etc; is similar to them hunting goblins. I find it extremely difficult to believe these would be typical reactions of teenagers.
#3) Adults were present. None of the adults had the empathy to give them proper guidance? A better job?

In my opinion, this anime was trying to mirror a bad newbie party in a video game like World of Warcraft or Everquest. They did a terrible job injecting "lord of the Flies" into it, because of the missing elements, and unrealistic reactions of the children. Sword Art Online did a better job at that, and I cannot believe I'm saying SAO is a better anime...
Jul 17, 2019 12:06 PM
Dec 2018
honestly i don't know why so many people are disliking it , its a slow paced anime ,its main focus is on character development ,has a beautiful animation and moreover its the only anime where there's each and every line is so perfect and and there action and reply is so realistic ,it definitely needs a s2
Jul 21, 2019 5:24 AM
Jun 2019
NotTfue said:
honestly i don't know why so many people are disliking it , its a slow paced anime ,its main focus is on character development ,has a beautiful animation and moreover its the only anime where there's each and every line is so perfect and and there action and reply is so realistic ,it definitely needs a s2
well not many people hate the anime. only small amount of mental retarded hate the anime because how hypocrite they are .and about ranta yeah ranta acts like a ashole but sometimes he always think his fellow party and if you watch episode 11 he almost cry and said " we can't have you die too idiot" so if you see ranta only one side is unfair for me and only fcking btch think one side of character and not whole and i like all the character in this anime . this anime really need season 2!
FreiFrancheiseJul 21, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 28, 2019 10:01 PM

Mar 2019
i really got very bored with this anime. Don't come with this BS of "it's slow"... Yeah, it's very very slow the problem is nothing happens, there's no pay off for all this... Like i got a 5 minutes scene of a girl saying she was fat and then another 5 minutes of some music montage on the middle of the episode, WTF is this? Just give me the plot already, just make me invested on it if you wants to drag the pace this slow... Jesus even "serial experiments lain" have a pace faster than this (and a lot better by the way).
Jul 29, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2016
Malufeenho said:
i really got very bored with this anime. Don't come with this BS of "it's slow"... Yeah, it's very very slow the problem is nothing happens, there's no pay off for all this... Like i got a 5 minutes scene of a girl saying she was fat and then another 5 minutes of some music montage on the middle of the episode, WTF is this? Just give me the plot already, just make me invested on it if you wants to drag the pace this slow... Jesus even "serial experiments lain" have a pace faster than this (and a lot better by the way).

why you compared this with SEL lol
Jul 30, 2019 12:33 AM

Mar 2019
Dali14 said:
Malufeenho said:

why you compared this with SEL lol

was reading early someone comparing paces with others "slow animes" and SEL was one of them...
Aug 6, 2019 3:57 AM

Dec 2018
I reaally hope this gets a second season tbh,one of the few isekais that I actually enjoyed from start to finish when it was airing.I remember the winter of 2016 as it was full of popular shows like erased/assassination classroom,dagashi kashi... but the one I enjoyed the most was this hai to gensou so yeah really hope it'll get a second season.
Aug 23, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2011
I do wish for another season. But the reality is.

The series didn't sell well in Japan. While it's gotten good reviews internationally. It's not as popular as other series like Shield Hero.

And the biggest factor, A-1 pictures outsourced the series to a smaller outfit. and from what i gather, that studio went bust after the series ended. I doubt A-1 bothers with pulling up the series and doing another season with a new side studio. A-1 is always moving onto the next project.
Sep 5, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2018
Liked a lot this anime,if this has a season 2 let's hope that the animation will be better,it's not bad but has place to improvement.
Sep 8, 2019 1:55 AM
Jan 2018
I'd love to see a season 2. What comes next is what I dubbed "the raid arc" in the Light Novel. People bitching that this series was boring will have nothing to complain about in that department. So much shit hits the fan in the next arc that you won't have time to whine about boredom.

One another note, for an anime adaption this is actually on point. You could skip volumes 1 and 2 of the light novel and jump right into volume 3 without missing much, which I recommend you doing if you liked the anime. Chances of this getting a season 2 is very unlikely.
Oct 30, 2019 4:05 AM
Jan 2017
I remember watching it 1-2 years ago. It was pretty slow, but now that I think of it, it was more realistic. And I think it has huge potential in the long-term.
What do you think?

Anyway, I kinda doubt there will be a second season.
Oct 30, 2019 4:30 AM

Feb 2013
even if the story has potential long term, the production of sequels in anime almost always has diminishing returns
since it had meh sales, and there isnt much other financial incentive for it, dont hold your breath (source http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view )

but you can read the light novel since it's translated
Oct 30, 2019 4:32 AM
May 2009
Probably not.
Just have to read the light novel as suggested.
The manga has pretty much come to a halt as well.
Oct 30, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2014
Posts #176 to #178 merged from another thread.
Dec 6, 2019 8:14 PM
Mar 2016
The next volume of the ln (17th volume because there's 14+ and 14++ volumes ) is probably the beginning of the last arc, so there's no hope

https://over-lap.co.jp/灰と幻想のグリムガル%e3%80%80level.15+強くて儚きニューゲーム/product/0/9784865545906/?cat=BNK&swrd=灰と幻想のグリムガル
Dec 26, 2019 10:41 PM
Aug 2019
many say, this anime doesn't get enough income in season 1 and that's what makes it not get season 2
Jan 17, 2020 7:41 PM

Nov 2017
underatted anime... what should i say?
Now Loading.....
May 11, 2020 2:23 AM
May 2020
Season 2 when is it coming out right ?? Even better story😭😭
Jul 15, 2020 7:24 AM
Nov 2013
May the God of anime will bring upon us the second season soon.!
Jul 17, 2020 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
Just finished watching. First 3 eps or so were pretty slow, but it picked up after that and I thought it was a pretty good show. Gave it a 7.5. A second season would be nice, but seems that's not happening. Sad face.
Aug 5, 2020 9:10 PM
May 2016
still here in 2020, I've mostly given up hope, though if there was an announcement of a new adaptation, I would be willing and ready.

For the moment, I 'm going to follow the Light Novels. Frankly having only read the first LN, I can say it's still good, but the anime shows more perspectives, whereas this first novel was just Haruhiro.

Even things like Shihoru's crush on Manato weren't introduced until just before Manato died, as opposed to the anime where it felt properly fleshed out.

I'm going to keep reading, but I hope I can see Yume and the others in anime form again.
Aug 15, 2020 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
NG_Chloe said:
still here in 2020, I've mostly given up hope, though if there was an announcement of a new adaptation, I would be willing and ready.

For the moment, I 'm going to follow the Light Novels. Frankly having only read the first LN, I can say it's still good, but the anime shows more perspectives, whereas this first novel was just Haruhiro.

Even things like Shihoru's crush on Manato weren't introduced until just before Manato died, as opposed to the anime where it felt properly fleshed out.

I'm going to keep reading, but I hope I can see Yume and the others in anime form again.

It's been a long and unfruitful wait. Gonna read it too.
Sep 3, 2020 3:01 AM
Aug 2018
Imo more unlikely than Hataraku-Maousama S2 and NGNL S2

Forget about it pretty much
Sep 3, 2020 3:21 AM
Jun 2020
With the atrocious first season we witnessed, a sequel isn't really needed.
Oct 9, 2020 8:09 PM
Feb 2020
Another show for me to thoroughly enjoy & end up disappointed that there isn't any more incoming.
If only i had a taste for all the power fantasy ecchi shows, I'd find fewer let downs.

At least there is a light novel to turn too (as opposed to Arslan Senki, whose manga adaptation of novels hasn't even caught up to the anime that came out years ago)
Oct 24, 2020 11:05 PM
Oct 2020
TBH I've been waiting for season 2 as well. The story is very different from most other isekais - it's almost close to slice of life genre.

- The story is very slow. Very very slow. I read the LN and it was soooooooooo slow (which made it looks gloomy/dull) that I gave up reading twice around volume 4 to 6. I came back for the third time and didn't regret.

- The story and the characters are actually quite realistic to me. Some people think that they are unrealistically weak/useless. Personally, I think these people have watched too many animes or read too many stories with unrealistically strong characters to the point that they thought these are realistic. You don't learn a skill instantly and "level up" doesn't exist in real world either.

- Extending the previous point, all the characters do have their distinct personalities, there is a reason why they have such personalities and why they behave in that manner. There is a lot of character development in the LN.

- It starts to get really interesting in volume 14 of the LN. The feeling is similar to how Steins;Gate suddenly starts to solve a puzzle from many confusing fragments. I really hope to see this gets animated.
Oct 25, 2020 3:12 PM
Nov 2019
I really hope there is a second season.

Let me explain: the first season was slow but, because of that, it was ok. We are too used, from my point of view, to see characters who are overpowered or who just manage to survive because of powerful allies. And the point here is: “what would you do if suddenly you are in that world with no memories and you have to kill things and earn money, or you die?”

I loved how Haruhiro explores his problems and his doubts. And how others react to situations that, make no mistake, are stressful. And the pace of the anime, I think, shows an opportunity for a second season. So, let’s hope, if strike witches had a third season some years later, why this anime can’t?
Nov 1, 2020 2:12 PM
Nov 2020
After reading all of the garbage comments from circlejerking incels who hate this series because it's not SAO and doesn't have an OP jesus-kun MC with flashy one-hit KO powers...

We don't deserve a 2nd season. This series is an absolute masterpiece that was dwarfed by the masturbatory SAO and other dumb isekai that it had the misfortune of releasing alongside.

Like seriously, imagine hating well written characters, great character development, seamless worldbuilding, and tense/gripping action sequences. You trash people did this series so dirty & none of you ever deserve the grace of season 2 of Grimgar.

Anime was a mistake.

Edit: kind-of a spoiler but not really; for everybody bitching about the pace and lack of action, Volume 3 (the expected first half of season 2) opens up with a thousand-man castle siege raid.
turntreynoldzNov 3, 2020 11:06 AM
Nov 24, 2020 12:47 PM

Mar 2020
never, I hope they adapt something better instead of beating the corpse of this dead and lame horse
Dec 19, 2020 6:25 AM

Apr 2020
I hope this anime will get season 2!
Dec 19, 2020 9:48 AM
Nov 2020
STILL WAITING THIS MASTERPIECE :)
Dec 23, 2020 8:05 AM
Mar 2016
“Hai to gensou no grimgar second season has been announced”
5 years and I'm still waiting for this
Dec 23, 2020 8:13 AM
Mar 2016
jyaisan said:

- It starts to get really interesting in volume 14 of the LN. The feeling is similar to how Steins;Gate suddenly starts to solve a puzzle from many confusing fragments. I really hope to see this gets animated.

That arc was the one that make it clear for me:
The best word to describe this series is “unique”
Dec 26, 2020 5:26 PM

Jan 2018
Been waiting nearly 5 years and I'll wait another 5 if I have to.
Jan 8, 2021 12:45 AM
Sep 2020
Most unique isekai anime I have watched by far. Director took a masterpiece approach in directing this. It's pacing is both slow and fast but it makes up for amazing character development and a concept worth of a masterpiece if the approach is unique and also the story's approach is very realistic for a fantasy world.

If this is gonna get an S2, it would be about

I'm still hoping for it.
iamdropJan 8, 2021 12:49 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

463 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.