Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 22, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I loved this. It really delivered the recuse of Shirayuki in a nice fashion.

On another note, I like how they made the trip look like a disaster for almost everyone. Glad to see Zen arriving on time to save her. Kiki has also became one of my favorite characters recently because of her selfless actions and bravery. Good episode. Dat embrace ;_;

Feb 22, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2007
FukuJun's character asking the people for help on rescue on the water. He has to overcome his fear and they changed their thought about him. He admitted that she is his honorable friend. Though whirlpools...

In dispise the seasick, FukuJun's character was able to be brave and instruct according to the information given. Everyone caught up. The little boy also joined up, that left them to have a little moment before the prince went to fight. Wait, the head of the mountain pirate is the girl's father??  I'm late, but the pirate lady is voiced by Saiga-san?!

Nobu's character not returning? and the girl has an invitation to be with the mountain pirates? next.
tsubasaloverFeb 22, 2016 8:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 22, 2016 8:26 AM

Sep 2010
What a plan! It was completely well-executed.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 22, 2016 8:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
What the- ! Nice twist in the end! Really came out of the blue

I really forgot that Shirayuki's parents have never be shown before

Raj is getting better and better as leader, his character development is truly the best here.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 22, 2016 9:01 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Raj is a hero, best character.
Feb 22, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
That moment when shirayuki gets reunited with Zen........ Seriously though Otou -San. Is he really Shirayuki's Father
Feb 22, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Yet again an amazing episode. The hug, the daddy just perfect.
Feb 22, 2016 9:18 AM

May 2015
My reaction as soon I heard Shirayuki said: "Otôsan"
Feb 22, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
When a shoujo show has more action than even action anime...

This was a really fantastic episode. I loved how everyone worked together and all had an important part to play in saving Shirayuki. I almost forgot how Shirayuki was just putting up a brave front for most of the ordeal; you can really feel her relief flooding through when Zen hugged her. I'm glad that this arc has ended, as much as I enjoyed it. Also Raji is the cutest <3

Kind of expected the dad thing. Mitsuhide's face in the last cut made me cackle. I hope we get some cute awkward family scenes next!
Feb 22, 2016 9:24 AM
Feb 2013
the feels when shirayuki and zen got back together! finally the scene I've been waiting for! and woah they made the whirlpools super duper pretty! <3
Feb 22, 2016 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
This was a great episode. I'm really liking Raj's development and tend to look forward to his scenes. That twist at the end though... The thought that he could be the father did cross my mind before but didn't think much of it
Feb 22, 2016 9:33 AM
Feb 2016
Wow, what an episode so many feels...

I was happy for Raj and see him take charge but still have his people's trust. I see a Kiki x Mitsuhide future somewhere I like them together. After seeing the preview I'm starting to wonder if Obi is going to leave them. I hope not though he is one of my favorites. The battles in this episode were everything I hoped they would be. The moment when you see Zen and Shirayuki together 😍😍😍! I needed a moment like that it had been way too long. I said last week that was her dad and she confirmed it this week. But why didn't the King of the lions guy act more excited to see his daughter or want to know what Zen's intentions were? It seemed to me he was really always after Kazuki but what about your own child!?!? Ugh, I hate waiting another week to see what happens.

Team Shirayuki & Zen!!!
Feb 22, 2016 9:38 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode. Raji was getting more and more likeable.
And I'll never get tired of Zen and Shirayuki moments.
Feb 22, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2008
RockStargirl20 said:
But why didn't the King of the lions guy act more excited to see his daughter or want to know what Zen's intentions were? It seemed to me he was really always after Kazuki but what about your own child!?!?

I don't think he knew the girl who was kidnapped was his daughter, judging from his reaction. I can't recall if anyone ever mentioned Shirayuki's name to him though so I might be wrong.
Feb 22, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2008
I must admit I teared up a little when Zen & Shirayuki were alone. Why is this anime so damn good!?
Feb 22, 2016 9:54 AM

Nov 2014
Nice episode. They planned it well and everything went alright.
I wanted more fights seens but I think it's fine.
I wonder what was Obi thinking about at the end?

And the reveal hahahaha. I am glad something like that happened instead of stupid kidnapping for freedom.
But then the dad seemed surprised that Shrayuki is his daughter?
Also, this means Shirayuki and Kazoki are sibilings? Nice :)
Feb 22, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2012
The animation sure was spot on this week! The episode passed by really quickly too for me.
Feb 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
Raj's growth as a monarch and as a human being has me feeling pretty proud of him. The fact that he asked those merchants to join his cause and to lead them at the helm was impressive.

Also, props must be given out to Zen, for not smothering Shirayuki the moment he saw her, and to go down to lay the beat-down on the pirates the way he did. Though.... I must say I was quite unsatisfied with how little the pirates were punished. I was expecting them to be cowering in fear at the end of their capture, and yet they were all still so defiant... Made for a disappointing punishment if you ask me.

Totally called the red-haired dude being Shirayuki's dad since ages ago. Now judging by the way he acts, he's probably someone who cannot argue against his daughter. I'm guessing Obi shall now place himself in self-imposed exile next episode after failing to protect Shirayuki.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 22, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Raj got a lot of character developments in this episode.

The Claw Of the Sea got owned!
Feb 22, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah this was a fantastic episode. For being a shojo series, I'm always surprised by the huge plotlines and actions scenes it has. We get all the cute shipping moments and badass fight scenes :D

Raj has really come a long way as a character, now he's one of my favorites. Funny that I thought he was just a one off villain of the first episode.

Really happy to see Shirayuki reunite with Zen. Also I called the leader of the mountain bandits being her father, he's the only other god damn red head in this series lol.
Feb 22, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
My sibling and I totally called the leader of the mountain bandits being Shirayuki's father. Shirayuki is always going on about wanting to learn more about Zen but no one knows really anything about her so I can't wait to find out!

Prince Raj has developed so much. I'm so proud. He finally has someone he can call his friend, too.

I hope Obi doesn't leave because he feels like he can't protect Shirayuki.
Feb 22, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2014
Nice episode
I liked how Raj became mature and stood up for himself and bacame more responseble
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 22, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2009
komasan said:
RockStargirl20 said:
But why didn't the King of the lions guy act more excited to see his daughter or want to know what Zen's intentions were? It seemed to me he was really always after Kazuki but what about your own child!?!?

I don't think he knew the girl who was kidnapped was his daughter, judging from his reaction. I can't recall if anyone ever mentioned Shirayuki's name to him though so I might be wrong.

I dunno not many people have red hair, that's why she's so special. He must of known it was a red-haired girl, he should have at least suspected it might be her. But you're right he seemed surprised when he saw her.

Another theory is that he didn't want to see her cuz he obviously abandoned. Her grandparents raised her. While this man is off playing bandit/bodyguard.
Feb 22, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
I hope Obi will not leave :(
Really good animations tho
Feb 22, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
So the scumbag Raj is turning into one hell of a guy now. He is overcoming his fears thanks to Shirayuki. He has stage fright and overcame that to ask the local merchants for their help. And now those merchants have a better view of him. He led the fleet but lost the Claws at the maelstroms. But he went ahead and rammed into the Claws' ship to cut off an escape route.

The look on Umihebi's face when she realized just who she picked a fight with was priceless. And boy was I nekoing happy to see her tied up after being defeated. Take that you neko! Don't you nekoing hurt Shirayuki again!

The ones most pissed were Obi and Zen. Especially Obi since Shirayuki got kidnapped twice because he couldn't stop Itoya and Kazuki. I'm guessing he'll be apologizing to Shirayuki in the next episode and will be thinking that this is mostly his fault.

And what the hell is up with that final development? That guy's Shirayuki's dad? Why didn't he recognize her? I mean, how can you not recognize your apple red haired daughter? It's not like every other girl out there has apple red hair and I seriously doubt Shirayuki got her red hair later on after getting separated from her father. If Shirayuki can recognize him then that means that they lived together at some point otherwise Shirayuki wouldn't have recognized him if he had left before she was born or something.
And since this guy is leading the Mountain Lions, he has also had a run in with nobles doing whatever the hell they want. Maybe his wife (Shirayuki's mom) also had red hair and was demanded by the King (Raj's dad). Lol. Would be amusing if that were the case. Anyway, now Shirayuki will have to decide whether to live with her father in her own homeland with a respectable prince, or go to the neighbouring country of Clarines and live with her lover. Obviously she will choose the latter. And I think Zen will give her the choice to do what she wants and not try to force her to come with him since that man is after all her father or at least a very close fatherly figure who is like family to her or something.
Feb 22, 2016 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
:X Shirayuki crying was so sweet :D
Feb 22, 2016 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
Luke.... I am your Daughter!
Feb 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
Shirayuki and Zen are so cute! Glad everything was resolved.
Feb 22, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode of the series! So many awesome scenes, animation was spot on and it was so nice to see the Claw get destroyed.
Feb 22, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, so that guy really was Shirayuki's father after all? No surprises there. Well, at least it was good to see the Claw so completely destroyed like that, and Zen's reunion with Shirayuki was handled very well as well.
Feb 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
I just realized there is only 5 episodes left and one of which (the next i.e.) will be used to pull the curtain to this Return to Tanbarun Arc. So, there is no way Assignment to The Northern Territory Arc will be animated which happens to be one of my favourite arcs. Well, that's okay I guess. I hope we get the Obi and Mitsuhide appreciation episodes at least. If they follow the manga without skipping, these two will have major screen-time in the upcoming episodes. I will be pretty sad if they don't animate those episodes though. A serious Mitsuhide and a wavering Obi are things we don't often get to see.

But I won't be surprised if the make the pace slower so that they can end it with the next
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 22, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
When Shirayuki said "D--"
my reaction :

For real ? now of all time ? XD that twist really got me well. like mind blown for me.
the other's face was like "What ?" XD that twist is something tbh XD and funny somehow (i like the way they put the twist at the end of the episode)
Overall, i love this episode. and i think that is the very first time i saw Shirayuki was crying. tbh, that face is cute and emotional. caught me off gurad X3
many nice things will happen in the next episode. looking foward to it :D
Edit: i really love the scene where that pirate got wrecked by all of them XD
YizelTroFeb 22, 2016 11:38 AM
Feb 22, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2015

omfg my kokoro ;____;
Feb 22, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT THE LEADER IS SHIRAYUKI'S DAD! :D

Feb 22, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
Raj has definitely become one of the best characters after this episode. He's a lot more reliable, but still retains that goofy idiocy that makes him hilarious.

The thought of that dude being Shirayuki's dad never really crossed my mind as a possibility but that's a pretty cool development. I thought he'd be a little more excited to see her though, especially after all she's been through over the last few episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 22, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
The development of Raj in the last episodes was really nice to see and he finally realised how stingy and imprudent he was when asking for help from the merchants.

Poor Obi, it looks likes he believes he failed miserably and he needs to exile himself to pay this debt.

Oh and Kazuki still looks and sounds like a girl.

kurikinton said:

omfg my kokoro ;____;

-stabbing time-
Feb 22, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
Raj was fabulous on how he won the hearts of his people, especially the ones on the royal vessel that was more than eager to serve having witnessed Raj's leadership skills after going through the maelstrom, by even only looking at the sailors alone really shows Raj's growth. :D

Happy to see how things turned out, and more things to look forward to seeing Shirayuki's dad being introduced.
Feb 22, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2007
OMG...her "dad?!?"
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 22, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
Episode was sweet. The hug and fight. Then the ending. The ending gave me a giant shock factor. What the heck? Hopefully everything is explained in next week's episode.
Feb 22, 2016 1:32 PM

Feb 2013
Well they actually look really alike, but that was totally unexpected!
The preview... poor Obi... :(
Feb 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
Shirayuki looks so beautiful even though she's in tears. She's been through kidnapping and abuse - I'm so glad everyone risked their life to save her. It's so touching how much they care for her.
I love Raji's development from an antagonist to protagonist. He's come a long way. His leadership in directing his men even though he feels terrified and sea sick really shines through. I love the extra scenes that the anime adds to emphasize how Raji, despite his selfish and brattish ways, has improved just like the best of us (especially that scene where he's on Sakaki's shoulders but still giving instructions).
I loved the action scenes! Obi, Kiki, Mitsuhide are such great scenes.
Why must they have leave at such a cliffhanger? Also, I don't remember but, I don't think Shirayuki
in the manga. Anyways, looking forward to Zen's surprised face!
Feb 22, 2016 2:41 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shirayuki's rescue was great. Zen and Shirayuki looks so good together. Nice to see Raj developing into a different person. That twist though...

5/5
Feb 22, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode. So dramatic. Its just like how I expected and wanted it to be. No complains here.
Feb 22, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
I KNEW IT!!!!....well, sort of.

Well, I was partially right. If what she says is true, then that is her father and she is a part of the mountain ppl. However, it doesn't explain why she was raised in town....yet. I'm still set that her and her family were a royal family at one time and lost everything for reasons.
Feb 22, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2013
leonstone said:
the fight scenes in this episode were well animated , except for obi , why does he always get shitty animation when fighting , like wtf how is it even possible

This tbh. Why do they always mess up his face like wtf-

---
I am so proud of Raji-ouji loool Zen and Shirayuki reuniting was such a nice scene. Not so sure what to think about that plot twist in the end.

Poor Obi still can't forgive himself qq
Feb 22, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
damm obi!!good that raj change this way he was so cool
damm obi!!! T-T
Feb 22, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Woman got what she deserved. But damn, I'm so proud of Raji. I did not expect that ending at all. "Dad"? O,O"....

Feb 22, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
highest points of the episode:
- zen and shirayuki's embrace *O*
- SHIRAYUKIS DAD?????
- action!!!!!!!
- raj has some attitude
- kiki and mitsuhideeeeeeee fighting together
- ZEN'S LOOK COULD KILL

im afraid obi might leave the group.
I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK OMG THE FEELS
you know you truly love an anime when you start worrying about it finishing and you being left lonely with your sad feelings.
Feb 22, 2016 5:27 PM
Feb 2016
Lol totally knew the chief was her dad made an account to post my theory so Kazuki knew shirayuki was the chiefs daughter and he heard her story about how she left tanbarun and thinks Hey nows a great time to reunite father and daughter I think the chief had no idea he went to get her
Feb 22, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
Such a great episode, I loved it from the start to finish. Raji has definitely matured and changed for the better because of Shirayuki and it really showed in this episode with him leading those merchants to make a blockade and then lead his men through the blue vortex and then crash straight into the enemy ship, he really grew some balls in this one. Loved the action, suspense, drama in this one and was really happy to see my Shirayuki x Zen moment again and cant wait for more hopefully in the next episodes and then of course the big ending with that red hair guy really being her father! I honestly cannot wait to see what happens next with the father and maybe Zen finally proposing!

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.