Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2014
Its finally subbed. After nearly 4 days.
But very enjoyable. Cant wait to see where this goes.
Jul 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
DmonHiro said:
Also, the red dragon is borderline insane and evil, so I don't see how him lying to the MC is any shock.

The shock is how he did not know about the sacrifice while Mashiro & probably most of the people knew. The first episode established that the legend of the Red Dragon is a famous one(if not the most famous).

Arturio said:
I hope it doesn't turn akama ga kill v2

It seems that is the direction we are heading.
Pat_To_Do-ListJul 6, 2015 8:39 AM
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 8:25 AM
Dec 2014
I mean, is it really hate? It's just people saying it's really bland standard shonen, which it totally is. It has the weak MC who gets made stronger Naruto style and is now finally able to protect his friends in country, while he is still in agony because he never wanted to fight.

I found it to be really boring and predictable so far. Nothing intriguing about the first episode, but I'll watch for a bit to see if i need to retract my above statement.
Jul 6, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2014
It's okay episode..
I hope it's not gonna be boring..

read from right to left
Jul 6, 2015 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
Can somebody add a EDGE tag?
Cause this was pure edge, and not the good kind.

" I will kill all my friends"

The animation was average, they must be doing this show really cheap.
Jul 6, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2010
The ending was a little good but in whole, it was pretty boring.
Jul 6, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
I found it average for this show.
7 / 10 at best.
Jul 6, 2015 10:03 AM
Feb 2015
WrongPriest said:
I uhh.. like the Catgirl.

That'll have to get me through the next few episodes. The rest is a little plain.

This, watching this anime right now beucase of Eiha, if by episodes 5~6 the anime doesn't get better i'm dropping it
Jul 6, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2015
I didn’t like the first episode (below-average, imo). What can I say; nothing really grabbed my interest while watching it, especially the MC. Not liking the MC of a series is usually a deal-breaker for me.

But hey, I’ll keep watching it, hopping it might get better (for me at least).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 6, 2015 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
People apparently didnt like it but this was my favorite 1st episode so far this season :P.
Love the story behind it and action was pretty good.Animation was OK definetly better than evry show toei makes :P.

9/10
Jul 6, 2015 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
Just a friendly warning, the translation is crude and almost google-translate level of awful. Half the time subs do not even in anyway fit what is being SAID.

Wait for official simulcast unless you want to be utterly confused.
Jul 6, 2015 10:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Just a friendly warning, the translation is crude and almost google-translate level of awful. Half the time subs do not even in anyway fit what is being SAID.

I had a feeling that was the case going by all the typos and errors.....I think that I got the jist of everything but I'll re-watch it when Funi's subs comes out

(When I think about it, maybe that's why they're so late)
Jul 6, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
Narrative was all over the place, and the foreshadowing of over two dozen things in one episode really doesn't help much.

You can totally tell this is exactly what they told us it would be in the synopsis: A story unfolding in accordance to the moves of a Tabletop RPG (ala Warhammer-esque play). I can literally see those great creators throwing dice around to move their pieces into and out of battlezones, and am pretty sure that's one of the reasons why the sacrificial lamb died in the first episode too (someone rolled too many 1s to stop the ritual from happening :P ).

Animation-wise it's actually pretty nice, and the music is decent, but seriously too many creators spoil the story. Each creator's piece has a backstory to be fleshed out, and I'm not sure 12 episodes would have been enough to do every character justice, even if they did start the anime in the middle of the campaign, as opposed to the beginning.

Well... I love Warhammer, albeit more the 40K stories, so watching how their Tabletop game unfolded should be plenty interesting in itself.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 6, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Well that was stupid. Hope it gets better
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 6, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

It still doesn't make much sense even in Japanese though.

And it's amazing that you are so friendly with this show. I thought you would go all out with the "generic trainwerk" like this.
Jul 6, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
ChickenFry said:

i take it you know japanese then
Jul 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
ChickenFry said:

Enough to understand what is going on. ;)
Jul 6, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2008
Looks boring overall from the first episode. Looks so generic, I could see this going directly into the bargain bin of your local store that sells anime. We see this plot time and time again, and now it's no different. They don't even try to be original using the same plot devices. Why do they have to sacrifice someone precious in order to form a contract? What's with Japan's obsession with contracts? The answer is: that's just the way it is. And that isn't good enough for me.

This is what you get from a noob director, and a script writer with questionable track record that are always hits or misses. This is only going by the adaption of the novel, which surprisingly is written by some of the best writers I know of. I expected more of them from this....except for Urobucher who worked on the original novel--this is exactly what I expect from him.

Side note: that dragon lied by saying Mashiro can be saved, only to force him to take her life. That's it. I'm done with this garbage. I normally give a show 2-3 episodes to rope me in, but this little tidbit of hypocrisy is the final reason that I'm dropping it on the first episode. Even catgirls can't save this show.
Estoy_GordoJul 6, 2015 11:40 AM
Jul 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
ChickenFry said:
Insertanamehere said:

How would you say 千人長 as opposed to the TL in the anime, then?
Jul 6, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
ChickenFry said:

How would you say 千人長 as opposed to the TL in the anime, then?

If you want me to translate it, plz point out the specific scene. I didn't watch the sub. ;)

Also, pardon me but I'm pretty bad with kanji.
Just_ChickenJul 6, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 6, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Hey, why did you delete your post? It's fine. I'm not feeling insulted or anything. @@
Jul 6, 2015 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Not bad at all.

The art style and the animation was decent.

Mashiro's death scene was ridiculous.
Jul 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Mashiro's death scene was ridiculous.

Aren't you suppose to feel sad? =.=
Jul 6, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
A lot has happened already in the first episode. I'm not really fond of the character animation and the characters seem a bit boring...I hope this gets better.
And Jiraiya's seiyuu at the end of the episode :D

Jul 6, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2007
laidellent said:
subs out yet?

the ones that I saw...didn't make much sense

Only trash subs. A lot of smartasses apparently think thats enough to judge the content of the episode.
Jul 6, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
So is there an eta for official subs?

LN adaptations usually aren't anything groundbreaking so I'll keep my expectations low. That OP song though, holy shit it's awesome.
AvaritiaJul 6, 2015 1:03 PM
Jul 6, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
laidellent said:
subs out yet?

Only trash subs. A lot of smartasses apparently think thats enough to judge the content of the episode.

Subs don't change the bad art style.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 6, 2015 1:06 PM

Aug 2014
I think I've worked out why a lot of the time fantasy anime are shit. With things that are set in modern day, we already know a lot of the details of the world and it isn't needed to be explained to us. With fantasy, efforts have to be made not to explain but to show what the world is like. Before going to an "epic" storyline, a lot of these shows should show what living in these worlds are like. Obviously at lot of these shows assume you know the details of shitty anime fantasy land #567 but that is automatically uninteresting. It also doesn't help that the Japanese often don't understand much about medieval Europe.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 6, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
laidellent said:
subs out yet?

And a smartass is assuming people need sub to understand the content and judge it. ;)
Jul 6, 2015 1:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ChickenFry said:
CookingPriest said:

And a smartass is assuming people need sub to understand the content and judge it. ;)
You took the words right out of my mouth xD
Jul 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
HawkEye6591 said:
It's okay episode..
I hope it's not gonna be boring..

This.

Killed best girl already.
Jul 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
ah, thank god, The number of animes that I will watch this season was already surprisingly high, at least the number won't increase because of this one.
Jul 6, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
"...No mater which friends I must kill,...'' Oh dear...

Well that and the ending screen settle it. How am I supposed to care for any of the characters now that I know that most of them will be killed of.

The mc, a surviving child of a royal family also refered to by some as king, somehow doesn't know the well known legend in which a person must kill someone dear to them in order to gain power from this god. Now I would understand it if the guy grew up in some other country, but he didn't.

Everything else was ok I guess. I'll wait for a few more eps I think. Maybe it'll improve.

Jul 6, 2015 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Generic action superpower shit with a kid protagonist. Edgy on top of that.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Jul 6, 2015 1:46 PM
May 2015
I'll give it the 3 episode deal.......I also don't want every episode to have a sacrifice (it's stupid to have to kill someone every time to get power to kill another) but I can kind of deal with it as long as Eiha stays alive (literally the only good character I've seen).
Jul 6, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
SovereignSky said:
I'll give it the 3 episode deal.......I also don't want every episode to have a sacrifice (it's stupid to have to kill someone every time to get power to kill another) but I can kind of deal with it as long as Eiha stays alive (literally the only good character I've seen).

How could you know that she is a good character while she only had 1 scene in which she said: "Get away or you will be killed" with zero expression? @@
Jul 6, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
CookingPriest said:

Then the official subtitles have a long way to go make this anime good. A long way . . . I hope for the best.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
subs make all the difference when it comes to enjoying a show. so i'll wait until decent subs are released before i watch the 1st episode.

this is like waiting for 7 deadly sins to be released all over again
Jul 6, 2015 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
''Kill one, save many''
Oh Boy.
Inb4 Kerry.

Was an interesting start, the only thing that kinda annoyed me were the couple of 'static' scenes.

And yeah, subs weren't that good, but better then nothing, i suppose...
Jul 6, 2015 2:22 PM

Nov 2010
Shrimperor said:
Btw, Which Character is whose?

Blondie = Nasu
Lou = Uro
Robot = DRRR author
other two I don't know
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 6, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Shrimperor said:
Chicken, steve, go fight somehwere else....

No, this is more entertaining than the anime itself. Why should I?

Jul 6, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:

Btw, Which Character is whose?

Urobuchi-Lou
Nasu-Swallow, Meryll
Izuki Kougyoku-Eiha
Shimadoriru-Ibuki, some other locals
Narita-fat robot
Sanda and some others; rules, settings, GM, side characters and things

edit: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1417-Red-Dragon?p=506648&viewfull=1#post506648

InsertanamehereJul 6, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 6, 2015 2:28 PM
May 2015
ChickenFry said:
SovereignSky said:

How could you know that she is a good character while she only had 1 scene in which she said: "Get away or you will be killed" with zero expression? @@

Aesthetically.....and I like her character archetype
Jul 6, 2015 2:29 PM

Jun 2015
I feel bad for Ibuki near the end of the episode as he was forced to kill his own friend in order to do the pledge.

The art is nice and the music is good though the action was decent at best.

I liked this episode though I have no idea what would happen next...
Jul 6, 2015 2:37 PM

May 2012
Chicken, Steve, and Shrimp are here I found my new home lol

Anyway Episode 1, i'm already seeing the bunch of buzzwords floating around aka (generic, cliche, predictable, ect ect ect) and i'm expecting a bunch more. Typical MAL new show, same predictable, generic, and cliche comments.
Jul 6, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2010
It was alright. Nothing too special. I'll try and stick it out a few more episodes.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jul 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
Keep your chatting out. This goes for you F/S fans especially. This is the last straw before I throw bans at you, because it's getting quite ridiculous now.

This page and last page cleaned
Jul 6, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2010
Chaos Dragon is an appropriate name because that was a mess of an episode. I can see potential sprinkled here and there but the execution was terrible.
The only decent piece of exposition was literally a bulk of text at the half point. The characters feel as plastic as possible and the same goes for the story (or as much as may be understood of it from this episode) since the episode was so terribly paced. It seemed to want to introduce everything lightly to try and hint at a complex and rich world with very diverse characters but failed completely and ended up a jumbled mess. Did we really need that many short scenes featuring random characters saying random sentences that we can't understand yet? Why not prioritize the introduction of a group? They should have focused merely on the red-eyed kid, presenting him and his surroundings more smoothly and slowly, using them to dish out exposition little by little. Instead it's just a chaotic mess.
Visually it's also quite weird, there were a few scenes where it feels like parts were cut out, making the action scenes very messy (and furthering the pacing problem). Mix that with some serious cliches and odd logic and it made the series feel not only messy but cheap.
Jesus Christ. You don't see something with potential being this ruined by a messy and amateurish execution every day. I'll still watch one more episode, but if this is the rule and not the exception, that will be the last one.
Jul 6, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2012
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Chaos Dragon is an appropriate name because that was a mess of an episode. I can see potential sprinkled here and there but the execution was terrible.
The only decent piece of exposition was literally a bulk of text at the half point. The characters feel as plastic as possible and the same goes for the story (or as much as may be understood of it from this episode) since the episode was so terribly paced. It seemed to want to introduce everything lightly to try and hint at a complex and rich world with very diverse characters but failed completely and ended up a jumbled mess. Did we really need that many short scenes featuring random characters saying random sentences that we can't understand yet? Why not prioritize the introduction of a group? They should have focused merely on the red-eyed kid, presenting him and his surroundings more smoothly and slowly, using them to dish out exposition little by little. Instead it's just a chaotic mess.
Visually it's also quite weird, there were a few scenes where it feels like parts were cut out, making the action scenes very messy (and furthering the pacing problem). Mix that with some serious cliches and odd logic and it made the series feel not only messy but cheap.
Jesus Christ. You don't see something with potential being this ruined by a messy and amateurish execution every day. I'll still watch one more episode, but if this is the rule and not the exception, that will be the last one.

Aren't you expecting a little too much from one episode? Actually WAAAAYYY too much
Jul 6, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
KamiCity said:

Aren't you expecting a little too much from one episode? Actually WAAAAYYY too much

He does have a point though.

The most ridiculous sequence is:

- the battle break out, the MC and the girl see a mom being shot. They pick up an infant.

- suddenly the infant is gone. @@. They meet up with their friend.

That's quite a mess right there.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.