Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2015 11:06 PM
Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
silverwalls said:
oh my god, this episode was intense as fuck. so good.
i suppose both of them were sent to the void?
Yea. That was pretty clear from the mask thing.

Wow so after that whole speech Decim still managed to screw up. IMO Samada should have been reincarnated because he was selfless in his actions. I mean killing people is definitely a grey area but he watched a loved one suffer. The detective just went crazy and got off watching people get assaulted to the end to thoroughly judge the assailant
Mar 6, 2015 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
thatnerdyrunner said:
G_Spark233 said:

Wow so after that whole speech Decim still managed to screw up. IMO Samada should have been reincarnated because he was selfless in his actions. I mean killing people is definitely a grey area but he watched a loved one suffer. The detective just went crazy and got off watching people get assaulted to the end to thoroughly judge the assailant
Shimada went crazy at the end as well. This face says it all
Mar 6, 2015 11:14 PM

Sep 2013
thatnerdyrunner said:
G_Spark233 said:

What is selfless about torturing a guy who is already dead and going to the void (and can't harm anyone else)? It's selfishness at that point, because the torture was all about satiating his own emotions.
Mar 6, 2015 11:17 PM

Jul 2009
Not a fan of the amped up melodrama and I can't help but feel that the formula's getting really stale and predictable at this point. Hope that they'll put the focus on the girl in black, the arbiters and their world in the remaining episodes (especially with only 3 left) which I personally find a lot more intriguing than the "episodic" stories and characters.
Mar 6, 2015 11:30 PM

Jan 2012
Chillingflames said:
Not a fan of the amped up melodrama and I can't help but feel that the formula's getting really stale

Same.

I still liked this episode though.
Tatsumi had my respect until the part that he just stood there while Sae was getting raped or beat up or both.
Mar 6, 2015 11:30 PM
Jul 2013
Torrible said:
thatnerdyrunner said:

What is selfless about torturing a guy who is already dead and going to the void (and can't harm anyone else)? It's selfishness at that point, because the torture was all about satiating his own emotions.

Well that wasn't selfless but hey he was goaded. It was practically rubbed in his face that he was unable to protect his sister by the jerk who could have actually prevented all of that in the first place. I blame the detective for not intervening the assault sooner.
Mar 6, 2015 11:32 PM
Jul 2013
TragicGenocider said:
Chillingflames said:
Not a fan of the amped up melodrama and I can't help but feel that the formula's getting really stale

Same.

I still liked this episode though.
Tatsumi had my respect until the part that he just stood there while Sae was getting raped or beat up or both.

Dude practically watched it. Just standing there, he could have looked the other way, but he was totally into it, "observing" the crime at hand. I wonder how the other episodes will top this one
Mar 6, 2015 11:33 PM

Jun 2014
Probably the best episode from the winter season. PERIOD.
Mar 6, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2013
That was intense.

Onna basically pointing out the flaws of the arbiter system as they're happening. "hey people are fragile and get upset over things" *as shimada is getting mindfucked and turned into a psycho*

Pretty ridiculous how they were connected. Also Tatsumi's logic is extremely flawed. "I hate to wait for him to finish before I cast judgment. If I would've saved her then he would've attacked another girl".
....well then why didn't you save Sae by killing the guy? If he was clearly beating her up and getting ready to rape her, surely that would be worthy of the same judgment as him beating her up and actually raping her.

I bet he didn't intervene because he was tugging one off behind the tree out of excitement.

Uhh, so how did Shimada die? Did he stab Tatsumi and have a heart attack or what?

Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.

How is this boring, dull and disappointing in any way? You must just have extremely high standards and shit taste in anime. If it disinterests you so much, stop fucking watching it you hipster.

Ahh I see. You're top 5 are the most generic, mainstream anime produced in the last decade. So your shit taste is the explanation. Sorry there is no fucking boring ass MC with Gary-stu Deus ex powers and corny catch phrases to help relieve you of your boredom.
Jonesy974Mar 6, 2015 11:40 PM
Mar 6, 2015 11:35 PM

May 2013
I'm guessing that both Shimada and Tatsumi was sent to Void but the whole episode: INTENSE.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 6, 2015 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
thatnerdyrunner said:
Torrible said:

Well that wasn't selfless but hey he was goaded. It was practically rubbed in his face that he was unable to protect his sister by the jerk who could have actually prevented all of that in the first place. I blame the detective for not intervening the assault sooner.
Your right he could've but he had the mentality of only killing someone after they had committed a crime. Still it completely completely justify Shimada's actions. He was given the opportunity to stop but he chose not to take it. Not to mention that smile at the end showed how he had gone from compassion to insanity at that moment.
Mar 6, 2015 11:37 PM
Nov 2013
No words can express how great this episode was. The second half of the episode was jaw dropping, literally could not take my eyes off the screen. Especially because of Seto Asami's performance as Onna, she was amazing. I think she got through to Decim a little bit, his expressions was very shocked. I think we all can assume they both went to the void?
Mar 6, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2015
Consequent said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

What in this episode reminded you of FMA?

The themes in this ep of Death Parade aren't those of FMA.

"If one wishes to obtain something, sacrifices must be made." That is the basis of Equivalent Exchange.

No, that's called life. In the real world we all have to make compromises, and sacrifices, at any giving time to get what we want. It's just that want everybody wants varies, and thus the sacrifices and compromises vary.

The equivalent exchange in FMA is a different take on that, and, while the principle of alchemy can be used in this philosophical context, the mechanics are very specific.
Mar 6, 2015 11:47 PM
Feb 2013
What an amazing episode I can totally understand Shimada descent into insanity when he realises he accomplished his goal all along. Maybe it's a pleasurable so he wants to do it again. Such a detailed portrayal of human nature.

On the other hand, the inspector was surely given all rights to become an insane and preachy killer. Someone has to be out there stopping these potential criminals right? and of course you have to link the 2 cases somehow, the amount of coincidence needed shouldnt matter.

The best part though is the drama burst at the end, putting the blame on the system is always logical. Making the characters insane instead of trying for a resolution is also very thoughtful, I watch anime for the edge only.

Seriously though, no one got brain damage in this episode?
Mar 6, 2015 11:47 PM
Jun 2014
vodall said:
Hoo boy. You did it, Death Parade. You finally did it.

Congratulations on making your viewers feel smart through plot twists every four minutes! I knew Madhouse was good at it after the success of Death Note and No Game No Life, but this is a whole new level of faux-revolutionary. Fitting all of this into one episode? Amazing! You're finally choosing to reveal what's wrong with the system, even though it was obvious in the first five minutes of the first episode? Even better!

Probably one of the worst single episodes I've ever seen. I could go on about how laughably melodramatic the whole episode was (especially the final five minutes), but it's really not worth my time. Anyway, great. It's like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso all over again.

Thanks for the only reasonable post on the thread. Additionally, the decision to split into two episodes wastes the precious time remaining to actually close the 5,000 plot points that they seem to want to introduce in every episode. The overall lack of direction and pacing is more evident in this arc than any other.
I thought Psycho Pass 2 ended last season.

Edit: Why is it that almost everyone seems to be using only "intensity" or some form of shallow hype factor to judge the episode ?___?
ASCRedScarfMar 7, 2015 12:57 AM
Mar 7, 2015 12:20 AM

Apr 2014
ASCRedScarf said:
vodall said:
Hoo boy. You did it, Death Parade. You finally did it.

Congratulations on making your viewers feel smart through plot twists every four minutes! I knew Madhouse was good at it after the success of Death Note and No Game No Life, but this is a whole new level of faux-revolutionary. Fitting all of this into one episode? Amazing! You're finally choosing to reveal what's wrong with the system, even though it was obvious in the first five minutes of the first episode? Even better!

Probably one of the worst single episodes I've ever seen. I could go on about how laughably melodramatic the whole episode was (especially the final five minutes), but it's really not worth my time. Anyway, great. It's like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso all over again.

Thanks for the only reasonable post on the thread. Additionally, the decision to split into two episodes wastes the precious time remaining to actually close the 5,000 plot points that they seem to want to introduce in every episode. The overall lack of direction and pacing is more evident in this arc than any other.
I thought Psycho Pass 2 ended last season.
Mar 7, 2015 12:41 AM
Nov 2014
Intense ep... Tatsumi went full antagonist/devil mode on the end lol.

Probably best ep yet. 5/5
Mar 7, 2015 12:54 AM
Feb 2014
AceLe said:
Seriously though, no one got brain damage in this episode?

This requires a brain
Mar 7, 2015 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
Who else starting crying near the end? By far, the most depressing episode in the series. Decim shock and speechlessness, and Onna...oh, Onna....

So, I'm assuming they're both sent to the void? Damned detective, persuading Shimada to....

I seriously can't handle this anime anymore. Too much emotions....
Mar 7, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit! so intense, so powerful. The detective's words got me speechless. It sounded wrong but in reality, it's the truth.
I got goosebumps when the ED started playing. 100/10 best episode so far!
Mar 7, 2015 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
intense episode, really curious as to where they were both sent. both to the void?

and decim implanted with a heart?
Mar 7, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2008
So the detective turns out to have been the most rotten and gone rogue and all. I guess the two got the Void by the end though.
I have an inkling that the Detective provoked the other guy in purpose at the end, in order to drag him down with him to the void as well, since he knew that Decim was watching.
Mar 7, 2015 2:22 AM

Dec 2013
Will not say that this was the best episode of the lot, but it certainly was the most intense.

Tatsumi's quest to avenge his wife, as well as his consistent proximity to the scum of the underworld twisted his perception of what it was to do right, in accordance with the law anyway. It's a matter of perspective here. Tatsumi probably saw himself as a defender of justice, where justice meant that he would end crimes committed by scum permanently by any means necessary. The main flaw in his argument is that he has to be 100% sure that the criminal is guilty before he will commit his act of vengeance, even if it means that there will be collateral damage (aka, Shimada's sister and who knows however many other victims of other criminals) along the way. Not saying whether his philosophy is right or wrong, but he believes in it himself, even up to the point of his own death and beyond. His taunting of Shimada was a plea, in a sense, for other people to see things from his perspective. Tatsumi's taunting was to convince Shimada that Tatsumi's outlook on life was the right one. It was really down to Shimada's own psyche on whether to accept those words or not.

As we saw in the end, Tatsumi's words really did influence him enough to corrupt his mind with said outlook, as evidenced by Shimada going after those pucks with his knife. Shimada threw away what was left of his light and succumbed to his base desires for revenge. In this sense, Tatsumi died thinking that his perception was the correct one, and the things he did were justified.

Shimada, on the other hand, was just a simple guy who worked hard on various part-timer jobs for the sake of his little sister, who he swore to protect after the death of their parents. Circumstances led to his sister being assaulted and he then realized that no matter how good of a person he is, bad things still happen to good people. Taking his sister's desire for vengeance on his own shoulders, he decides to go after the killers himself, seeing that the police had pretty much not given two shits about things. In a sense, I feel like him and Tatsumi's path to darkness was quite similar, only that Tatsumi was immersed on this path for a bit longer (oh, and also that Shimada's sister ain't dead). The reason why Tatsumi's words were able to influence Shimada in the end was probably because of this. You could see the maniacal smile Shimada was sporting after taking his revenge on Tatsumi's pucks.

Consider this, if Tatsumi had been the person to find the rapist first, the rapist would be dead, so too would Tatsumi, and Shimada would be alive in the knowledge that his sister had been avenged by a Detective. He would have never found out who the second man in the woods was unless his sister identified Tatsumi, and would probably be haunted by this fact all his life..... well, not a bad deal considering he'd be alive in that scenario.

In the end, it was the void for both of them, which really is inevitable. Even if Shimada hadn't been stabbed by the criminal and made it through the killing, his whole life would have changed. They would have caught him and hanged him anyway.

This episode did a great job in exposing Decim to the flaws of the system, and perhaps this was what Nona had wanted to happen from the start.

I feel like there's been a welcome push in the plot because of this episode. I can't wait to see more!

Cannot wait to see what happened to the old lady in the preview now. I'm pretty sure she didn't die of old age, eh?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 7, 2015 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
Very emotional and breathtaking episode! :O Here's the expected void/void result, but it was far more powerful than anything I anticipated.

I think Onna makes a good point about how judging people just off of certain known details is flawed without knowing the whole picture. Without a doubt though, a perfect method is simply impossible since so much is subjectively perceived by different people.
Mar 7, 2015 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
So they both got sent to the void? Tatsumi I understand, but Shimada...I'm with Onna. In the moment he was really screwed up over seeing the man who let his sister get raped, while overall his soul really did seem to be worthy of reincarnation.

Onna's my favorite character now. The comparison she made with Decim to the detective was actually really piercing. And I like how she makes arbiters more human, which is I guess one of the main points of her character.

This was probably one of my favorite eps along with Shigeru/Mai and Mayu/Harada. Speaking of which...what happened to Mayu?? Harada was only in the 6th episode and I have no idea where his soul went but it seemed like Mayu was gonna stick around with Ginti and I'm looking for a follow up on their characters.
Mar 7, 2015 3:24 AM
Jun 2014
Jonesy974 said:

Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.

How is this boring, dull and disappointing in any way? You must just have extremely high standards and shit taste in anime. If it disinterests you so much, stop fucking watching it you hipster.

Ahh I see. You're top 5 are the most generic, mainstream anime produced in the last decade. So your shit taste is the explanation. Sorry there is no fucking boring ass MC with Gary-stu Deus ex powers and corny catch phrases to help relieve you of your boredom.

lol thank you i do try. This comment amuses me.
Mar 7, 2015 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
Wowww, best episode and the most intense yet, damn, I am awestruck....this was an astonishing and phenomenal episode. The twists were surprising and shocking. So much feels, pretty emotional as well, and that montage of Shimada at the end was so too. Also got goosebumps from the ending song, love that song! 10/10
Mar 7, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was glorious
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 7, 2015 4:11 AM

Dec 2014
what the-- so, both of them went to void?
Mar 7, 2015 4:11 AM

Oct 2011
Speechless.

Tatsumi watched Shimada's sister get assaulted and did nothing. Passing judgement

Shimada died by blood loss then

Onna trying to stop him T____T

Both got sent to the void.

Decim having a heart???????
Mar 7, 2015 4:27 AM
Oct 2014
animeruler1 said:
That was unbelievable, i could not take my eyes off the screen for a second, this is the greatest anime ever.

Sorry for being rude but, This is one of the greatest animes not "the greatest anime ever"...
Probably, Shingeki no Kyojin, Hunter X Hunter and Kuroko's Basketball ARE THE F****KING GREATEEEST ANIME EVEEER!!!!
Mar 7, 2015 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
These 2, more than any of the others, should have been reincarnated. What a shit judgement. This anime kinda sucks. I can see how the hypekids love it due to the visuals, constant shouting and insert songs keeping their minds distracted from the lackluster storytelling. None of the characters are likable. The arbiter is a douche and the woman is an emotional bitch. Not to mention the whole premise is one of the most cliche things I've seen in awhile. Death games? Hmm.

Raiden_Ryo said:

Probably, Shingeki no Kyojin, Hunter X Hunter and Kuroko's Basketball ARE THE F****KING GREATEEEST ANIME EVEEER!!!!

Jesus christ. This post is exactly what I'd expect from fans of this show.
ex_necrossMar 7, 2015 5:04 AM
Mar 7, 2015 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
It's been sometime since I watched an episode that left me so shocked. The intensity was consistently high throughout the episode and the timing with the ED left me feeling goosebumps.

Both were sent to the void, which is where Tatsumi belongs, but I still feel sympathy for Shimada. Poor guy was working his backside off with multiple part-time jobs to support his sister. Unfortunately even nice and honest guys like Shimada can snap and start to crave vengeance by ANY means when evil beings attacked those that you promised to protect.

Shame that Onna couldn't ultimately stop Shimada from being manipulated by Tatsumi's cruel words, but she left Decim in a state alright.

Overall, this is the best episode so far and I'm eagering waiting for next week's episode. =D
Mar 7, 2015 5:49 AM

Jan 2012
Very sad episode...
That detective is too much, why did he have to keep provoking the young guy...
The detective deserved to go the Void but I feel really sad for the other guy...
Mar 7, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Mar 7, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
Now THIS was a great episode! Great conclusion to the arc. I somewhat knew that he killed the Detective. But yeah, I felt bad for the Detective too. Probably the best episode yet.
Mar 7, 2015 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 nice ending
Mar 7, 2015 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
Best ep yet, i find Onna's intervention a bit annoying, but the most interesting pair we've had yet.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 7, 2015 6:19 AM
Jul 2013
ex_necross said:
These 2, more than any of the others, should have been reincarnated. What a shit judgement. This anime kinda sucks. I can see how the hypekids love it due to the visuals, constant shouting and insert songs keeping their minds distracted from the lackluster storytelling. None of the characters are likable. The arbiter is a douche and the woman is an emotional bitch. Not to mention the whole premise is one of the most cliche things I've seen in awhile. Death games? Hmm.

Raiden_Ryo said:

Jesus christ. This post is exactly what I'd expect from fans of this show.

Agreed, on all fronts. None of the characters are particularly likable, nor have we seen any backstory on any them, how this place exists, or how that girl got there and there's 3 episodes left. It's just another hypekid anime because death games wow amazing. the twist at the end was so cliche and since they both got sent to the void anyways he might as well have just inflicted as much pain as possible. The girl intervening made no difference. I was really into it at the beginning but this episode really turned me off, especially the ending, just felt like they were trying too hard.
Mar 7, 2015 6:49 AM
Oct 2011
Zee530 said:
Best ep yet, i find Onna's intervention a bit annoying, but the most interesting pair we've had yet.
That scene felt like a good old Tom & Jerry little angel vs devil montage where they're both sitting on your shoulder and telling you what to do and you're trying to listen and reason. A well-made one. It was a good way to show the inner struggle of the character to choose between killing and not killing, as the character did actually show that he still values the human life and is not a murderer when he asked decim to help the cop when he dropped to the floor from the pain. And the conclusion was the most human conclusion possible.

Yes. The characters in this series feel like humans (maybe not everyone, but in this episode all 3 characters felt like humans): The cop is a detective who saw a lot of shit in his life that he had to change his personality to adapt to his work, because as he said: "Life is shit, and you can't change that, but you can change yourself." Sure it can be interpreted in a positive or a negative way, but it's still real, humanlike. The young man is a naive young man who lost his mother and his sole purpose is life is to protect his sister, he went through tough shit and due to his inexperience was filled with negativity, and negativity + inexperience can lead to a lot of shit like what he did, and what the cop said at the moment of the young man's rage made the young man relate to how shitty life can be, or how it was for him, and that he should change his way of thinking.

The anime overall is trying to focus on that and it's doing it pretty well, the producers are trying to give Decim a good development and what's the best way to do that other than making him go through tough experiences himself? Decim is not perfect, he's way too inexprienced and that's the reason that loli gave him this job is to actually make him experience shit himself.

Overall a pretty good episode. had a couple of question marks somewhere in the episode but other than that the production was top-notch.
Mar 7, 2015 7:10 AM

Jun 2009
wow the end when shimada still destroys the chips was really something many emotion awesome episode again and great voice actors for this two guys the really played it well :D TS KF forever
Mar 7, 2015 7:22 AM

May 2014
i honestly have no idea what to say about dis episode .... ... just wowww...
Mar 7, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
Right In The Feels..........

Mar 7, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2012
6/5. Best episode so far. I loved the ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 7:37 AM
Jun 2014
KOKORO GA....!
Mar 7, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
Probably one of the most intense episodes of the series yet. Love the twist, figured something of that sort was coming.
Mar 7, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2009
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Mar 7, 2015 8:19 AM

Jul 2008
I am kind of annoyed we didn't find out how the brother died. What happened after he stabbed the detective?
Mar 7, 2015 8:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
GarLogan78 said:
I am kind of annoyed we didn't find out how the brother died. What happened after he stabbed the detective?

He bled to death after he got stabbed in the chest by the stalker. I'm surprised how many people actually missed that.
Mar 7, 2015 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Very personal for both. Their cases were really connected.. One killed another for revenge of his feelings, just for his sister, but that was his mistake. We can't judge anyone influence our personal feelings, that's wrong! Both of them made the same mistake, and Decim stills doesn't understand how can be exist such a many different emotions on the humans life...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.