Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2009 2:57 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought for a moment, that this anime would have a normal character... oh well, for some reason I like Aoi and her crush of Sumi. It heart sunk when her belonging fell on the floor and she had that look on her face.

Seems like there is some progression with Ushio's feelings though... now where was Akemiya...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2009 3:08 PM
Dec 2008
What a sweet episode... with hints about Ushio's hidden or unrealised feelings becoming noticeable.

Aoi-san seems to put an awful lot of effort into her yuri literature work... she seems somewhat obsessed about her idealised version of shojo-ai. I hope she's not setting herself up for later disappointment!
Nov 25, 2009 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
lol, I just remembered that a really similar thing happened to me too, so I feel your why-the-hell-was-she-crying pain, Sumika XD
Nov 25, 2009 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
im wondering why hachisuka left school for two years.
Nov 26, 2009 12:39 AM

Oct 2009
The begining thing in class of Tomoe suddenly kissing Aoi then Aoi slapping her was a complete =O with a *_* for the slap. The thing about Orino Masaka being Kazama's brother was a surprise too with a another one that he write Yuri stories reminds of tehnominator a little. Quite a shock to see Kazama crying just because she saw Sumika on top of Aoi but it was a accident. Would Tomoe be even allowed to attend school at 18 in Japan in the level she is at? I like Aoi with her shy/not wild exposing girl x girl love. I don't mind gays and lesbos but with a secretive style like Aoi....society would have less problems..true or not? Miyako of course was funny to with her face close to the fan talking. Tomoe was smart to pour that drink of Sumika/Kazama to give them some private time...brilliant. This was the scene that a laughed the most at: Found Kazama/Sumika really cute here together but Kazama was the best at the end with her blush before leaving for home:
It was great development for Sumika x Kazama and Aoi but I would not kiss a guy if I was gay in the classroom....I would be more discreet.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 26, 2009 2:03 AM

Feb 2009
This anime is too f***ing adorable.
Nov 26, 2009 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. Some nice character development and a new character (I don't think they really showed her before). Overall pretty funny....I look forward to the next episode.
Nov 26, 2009 4:55 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
The thing about Orino Masaka being Kazama's brother was a surprise too with a another one that he write Yuri stories reminds of tehnominator a little.

:P Well, he's a guy, and I'm a girl, so there is this difference.

I like Aoi's interpretation of her character. Just the right about of fanaticism,"uptightness" and sympathetic sweet energy. I know a lot of the manga fandom hate her, but she seems like such a simple, innocent girl, it was hard to dislike her.

And Miyako and Tomoe are hilarious. Miyako actually rooting for her girlfriend while she's kissing another girl. It kinda tells you how comfortable they are with one another and how much they trust one another that something like that won't matter to them.

Bonus brownie points for Kiyori. No Akemiya though :( But he had an entire episode for himself last time. It's sort of sad when Sumi says, "Why don't you ask the other class rep--Akemiya?" and the girls go, "Who's that??" Poor boy.
Nov 26, 2009 7:44 AM

Oct 2009
tehnominator said:
francismeunier said:
The thing about Orino Masaka being Kazama's brother was a surprise too with a another one that he write Yuri stories reminds of tehnominator a little.

tehnominator said:
:P Well, he's a guy, and I'm a girl, so there is this difference.

I would be curious for you to point out about a major difference you noticed between male/female Yuri writers....just curious. Something major you noticed with that....
tehnominator said:
I like Aoi's interpretation of her character. Just the right about of fanaticism,"uptightness" and sympathetic sweet energy. I know a lot of the manga fandom hate her, but she seems like such a simple, innocent girl, it was hard to dislike her.

I actually started to like her after this episode a lot more! Nice compliments about her character.
tehnominator said:
And Miyako and Tomoe are hilarious. Miyako actually rooting for her girlfriend while she's kissing another girl. It kinda tells you how comfortable they are with one another and how much they trust one another that something like that won't matter to them.

^That is great trust....I did not think like that but did think that their relation is so strong....once again well said about them.
Ah yes one last thing...Kazama's blushing (especially that part under my spoiler) was the best in this episode I find....do you think so too?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 26, 2009 1:05 PM

Feb 2009
I can't believe Miyako just rooted for her girlfriend to kiss another girl, and on the same note, I can't believe that Tomoe just kissed another girl randomly. And that slap was epic. I love these two. xD

And why does it suddenly feel like Kazama already knows how Sumika feels and is kinda just waiting for her to say something? Or maybe she's trying to warm up to the idea of liking Sumika? Either way, it looks like a plus for SumixKazama!

Nov 26, 2009 7:11 PM

May 2009
Another cute and sweet episode. I like how the story is progressing.
Nov 27, 2009 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
atatakai :3
awesome epiode as always.

Nov 27, 2009 1:17 PM

May 2008
Good episode finally some interesting development between the main characters, I was beginning to feel that this was going to end like Aoi Hana
Nov 27, 2009 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
I lol'd a few times in this episode. The yuri instance and the romantic writer instance.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 28, 2009 5:47 AM

Feb 2009
This episode sweeeeet. Loved the ending so danm cute ^^
Nov 28, 2009 3:28 PM

Mar 2009
And so another weirdo joins the group.

Nov 30, 2009 4:59 PM

Sep 2009
So. Kyoot. Jesus, Mary, Joseph and camel. ;A;

It makes me sad that there's only just five episodes remaining.
-
Dec 2, 2009 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
Making it hard for her to say goodbye :(
Dec 5, 2009 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode, and I loved few cute moments.
Dec 10, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
It was a good episode, didn't really like Kazama's sudden attitude change to Murasame. It was unfair to her, but then again I'm probably expecting too much of teenage anime characters to expect them to logical and emotionally stable.

DKJ
Dec 18, 2009 10:25 PM

Apr 2008
just realised that this isnt really a bad shoujo-ai series xD HAHA

Since im not really a fan of shoujo-ai

Jan 15, 2010 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
A little bit more of Kasama x Sumika and Aoi, who became an important character in the manga for a bout 3 chapters and then fell into oblivion... not that i care, since I don't like her that much. Lol at Kasama's brother, who signs pretending to be a woman like i think almost everybody else in the yuri business do.
Aug 23, 2011 7:02 AM

Jun 2010
Kazama totally has feelings for Sumi! It was so cute when she didn't want to leave Sumi's house.

Aoi is cute. I hope we see more of her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2011 5:21 AM

Dec 2011
imho:
3/3=MainPlot
1/1=SidePlot
3/3=Lack of Bland Moments
2/3=Art/Vid/Mus
2/2=Voices(Original)
*Bonus Point for Breaking Fourth Wall
12/12=Total->[A+]
Signature:
Jul 26, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
Cute. I just wish Sumi admitted to Kazama that she likes girls even without straight confession, that would make things so much smoother. I mean Kazama's been so open about her feelings the whole time, why does Sumi have to be all "ooh the love that doesn't dare speak its name" all the time?
Jul 30, 2012 9:46 PM

May 2008
Seems awfully convenient that they have so many lesbians in their class.
Dec 22, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
Sigh, I can somehow relate to Aoi... Of course I'm behaving better, though :P

Dec 31, 2013 2:13 AM

Jul 2013
DarcyD said:
I can't believe Miyako just rooted for her girlfriend to kiss another girl, and on the same note, I can't believe that Tomoe just kissed another girl randomly. And that slap was epic. I love these two. xD

And why does it suddenly feel like Kazama already knows how Sumika feels and is kinda just waiting for her to say something? Or maybe she's trying to warm up to the idea of liking Sumika? Either way, it looks like a plus for SumixKazama!

Yeah that's what I thought too when Tomoe kissed Aoi just like that. Miyako sure can be annoying at times. Then again I guess that's why Tomoe likes her. Her bratty and annoying personality makes her moe like Dekomori in Chuunibyou.(But I actually like Sanae way more than Miyako)
1L0can0Dec 31, 2013 2:18 AM
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Aug 16, 2014 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
So much Kazama blushing aaah~!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 23, 2014 4:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Poking Aoi with a broom xD

It looked like Ushio didn't like Sumi being with another girl. Interesting sudden change of character for Ushio.

May 20, 2015 7:10 PM
Jun 2013
very enjoyable episode and good progression.
Aug 8, 2015 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
THE FLOWER BEGINS TO BLOSSOM

YES

YES YES YES

but NO NO NO THAT MEANS I'M GETTING ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE, AND I'M ABOUT TA

BREAK
May 27, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2016
How do you go from one of the best episodes in the series to one of the worst? No real content, make a completely new/random character lesbian, confusing and vague plot---shortly explained---you don't expect an anime of 13 episodes to have a "filler episode", but I might be wrong.

3/10
Jul 30, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
The yuri fan happens to be the most uptight and close minded of the bunch. Not because she's straight (a lot of, if not most, yuri and especially yaoi fans are anyways), but because of everything else she says and does. I'm reluctant to call this irony but it's kind of like that.
LeeTailorJul 30, 2017 10:52 AM
Mar 3, 2018 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
Aoi surely knows how yuri should be...
Mar 19, 2019 12:55 PM
Mar 2018
HawthorneKitty said:

Seems like there is some progression with Ushio's feelings though... now where was Akemiya...

Akemiya was hiding in a closet. Should he come out?

Also, 8 epsiodes in and we had 2 girls crying. Where is the "drama" tag?
Apr 3, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2018
I hope it Sumika's sudden confession made Ushio cry.. But not really expecting it too much..
Who is Masaka?.. And.. Masaka?! ;p
So it's Ushio's brother.. Alright.. Well, I mean, who cares really, if he's a dude, if that girl was feeling complicated about girls' love anyway.. I guess she wouldn't be too saddened, if her favorite author would be a dude instead of a girl?.. Or would it matter to her?..
Oh, so after all Aoi Azusa has her warm feelings towards girls' love.. Just that it has to be more pure.. Well, to be honest.. I think that open love is fine too.. But to be honest I don't really like Tomoe and Miyako as characters or pair anyway.. They're just alright at best.. And I don't really like their dramaticism which affects other people.. I'd prefer if they would leave it between themselves.. So partially I agree with Azusa.. They annoy me a bit, to be honest.. Still it's their choice how to have their own relationship, Azusa.. On the other hand, it's not their choice who to kiss out of the blue, but in that situation they both really entered territory they should not rule..
Well, I'm alright with that they made Ushio crying because of such reason as well.. Maybe she'll think more about what Sumika means to her.. Maybe..
Yeah, Ushio, of course you cried, because you thought that your friend Sumika is assaulting rapist.. ;p Nah.. ;P That's not the case.. But ok, whatever, it's still a progression.. ;p
Well, wonder, how Ushio's brother will react to his fan's writing.. It can be both for better and worse.. Like he wasn't sure, if someone reads him.. So it'll be nice for him to see that others appreciate his work.. But can be something negative as well, like trying to appeal too much to her in particular, and losing his own style.. Or other positive and negative things.. Well, will see, I guess.. ;p
Pretty nice and interesting episode.. Azusa's view on girls' love is interesting, will want to see more of her development.. And Ushio and Sumika it feels are getting nervous tension, with hints of love, perhaps.. So glad for their progression as well.. Maybe first progression, involving them both.. Previously more as friends, now with more doki doki feelings.. Well, will wait for them both more as well.. ;p
Sep 1, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2020
It's that Aoi got more screen time. She and Sumika would also make a cute couple. ^^

Lol at Miyako. She cheered for Tomoe when she randomly kissed Aoi. And ouch! That slap was kinda expected.

Aoi is in heaven. xD

Ushio obviously has feelings for Sumiko. That ending was so heartwarming. <3

SerafosJan 5, 1:05 PM
Apr 11, 2022 6:59 PM

Jun 2014
So, Aoi has come into the picture, and little does Sumi know, that Aoi likes her.

Kazama appears to be showing more signs that she is attracted to Sumi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarcyD - Dec 30, 2009

127 by euls »»
Apr 14, 12:16 AM

» Who the $@#% thought this was a good way to end this series?!?

KingYoshi - Apr 8, 2013

10 by stockhousing »»
Jan 31, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 4 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 12 Discussion

Proselyt - Dec 23, 2009

31 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 16, 2009

58 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.