Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh so both sides began rounding up their forces for the war.

Idk which side will win but they are serious about it. Really hope Jamie and others are ready for it because their enemies now have some serious firepower. That ending also looked pretty painful.
Stark700Dec 11, 2014 6:40 AM
Dec 11, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2013
Preparation episode again,
Final battle and final episode next week (I guess).
Dec 11, 2014 9:15 AM
May 2011
Awful series. I think the worst in 2014. I am really disappointed. Practically watched 23 episodes and can't remember anything worth about it.
Dec 11, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
Can't wait for the last episode.
Dec 11, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2012
Samonji's intentions are the same as we saw earlier in the series: He wants to be punished for letting Reika die. Should have known that was his real endgame, rather than truly fulfilling her wish with 'an army where no one dies". Tokimune realized that, and that that was why he told him to survive.

Finally those two make their move and off Lontar/ break the connection with Vitriveld.

Epic final battle incoming. Front lines, Richtofen will show up, and Tokimune will tell Samonji to grit those teeth.
Dec 11, 2014 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Surprisingly little happens for a penultimate episode (at least for the main cast). Which irritates me a bit because they're going to squeeze a whole lot in the last episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Although there are battles this episode was little bustling in relation to the story, it seems that many points will be simply left out, or will be addressed rapidly in the last episode
Well, let's see how it ends, but I do not expect a great final and nothing surprisingly, think it will be all within what is expected
Dec 11, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS SOO GOOD 10/10 THE SERIES HAS BEEN REEDEEMED CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

-said no on ever.

Seriously fuck this anime, from last week we learned how fucking disgusting the entire setup to the final battle was going to be and I guess I assumed I would be immune to the shit I was going to witness today as I've been able to go through 22 full episodes of this abomination but this just proved to me how absolute shit this show is. There is no redeeming factors to this show and absolutely nothing the final episode does can justify giving this series anything over a 4.

The only thing that can redeem this show is if next episode Kamina is resurrected and Gurren Lagann emerges from the ground killing all of these shit characters with the power of the spiral, then from above EVA-02 and 01 come and have a battle of the ages with Gurren Lagann. Your move team Argevollen.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 11, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
Samonji's expression remained unchanged as ever.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 11, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
Is profit really the only thing those companies want? And why use a war? if they can orchestra a grand scheme like that, why not simply control the government?

Controlling the government of one or more country would easily allow them to make way more money flow into their pockets.

So unless they want to use that money to achieve said control, and the war is the easiest tool they saw to get the money, it's kinda stupid.

I also wonder why so many people on both sides are in on it, even when they either know or at least should strongly suspect the other side is "in on it", too..

Especially with people like the generals. What can they get that they don't have or could get without this, anyway. They *are* already the top miltary commanders. They simply can not get another promotion. And people in such positions can easily funnel money into their own pockets, as countless examples show. Not that they likely need one, they usually already get *paid* more than anyone can spend in a lifetime.

On top of that, everyone seems to be playing his own personal game. Maybe thats what they see in it. A game, to see if they can stay on top off it.
Dec 11, 2014 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
The war in this episode is pretty meh.

That ending seemed pretty painful.

Final episode next week.
Dec 11, 2014 7:28 PM

Jun 2014
Legal_Latino said:
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS SOO GOOD 10/10 THE SERIES HAS BEEN REEDEEMED CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

-said no on ever.

Seriously fuck this anime, from last week we learned how fucking disgusting the entire setup to the final battle was going to be and I guess I assumed I would be immune to the shit I was going to witness today as I've been able to go through 22 full episodes of this abomination but this just proved to me how absolute shit this show is. There is no redeeming factors to this show and absolutely nothing the final episode does can justify giving this series anything over a 4.

The only thing that can redeem this show is if next episode Kamina is resurrected and Gurren Lagann emerges from the ground killing all of these shit characters with the power of the spiral, then from above EVA-02 and 01 come and have a battle of the ages with Gurren Lagann. Your move team Argevollen.

You are one bitter ass dude aren't you?
Yeah it sucks. It had a pretty good start, but it was all down hill from that vacation episode. But i mean damn man. You could have dropped it if it was causing you that much irritation.
Oh well, I wonder how this is all gonna play out.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 11, 2014 9:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Not really surprised to see Samonji ignoring Cayenne's order. Kind of knew he always intended to end the war in his own way, which is by atoning for Reika's death using an army where no one dies.

Did Lorenz just raise a slight death flag? First time seeing him asking out one of the mechanic girls. Hopefully, it won't be anything of that sort.

Jamie seemed to have devised a new way to face Argevollen with Tokimune? Not completely sure how that works. O.o

Holmes is finally taking charge like a Colonel would, though he's pretty late in the action.

Decent episode and hoping for the finale to be the same.

Dec 11, 2014 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
Rebelhero said:

You are one bitter ass dude aren't you?
Yeah it sucks. It had a pretty good start, but it was all down hill from that vacation episode. But i mean damn man. You could have dropped it if it was causing you that much irritation.
Oh well, I wonder how this is all gonna play out.

I swear to God, I'm not usually bitter :( Like in real life, I'm an easy person to please, hell I'm someone that defends School Days, but the anger I have with this show isn't directed towards the show itself, It's at myself. I'm angry that I'm an idiot and kept believing it would all be worth it. I get that this show is probably aimed at a younger audience (at least I'm hoping so) but I just found absolutely no enjoyment from any episode. I never thought I'd drop a series 1 episode from ending but I think this may be it.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 12, 2014 2:04 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode, the next promises an epic fight !
Dec 12, 2014 2:07 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Legal_Latino said:
I get that this show is probably aimed at a younger audience (at least I'm hoping so) but I just found absolutely no enjoyment from any episode.

Trust me, younger audience would be bored to death after 5 episodes. This series is truly mediocre in the real sense of the term. The events that occur completely lack excitement.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 12, 2014 3:57 AM

Jul 2014
I agree that the events that occur in this anime completely lack excitement, but it gives me another experience of enjoying something. It's might be just for me, though.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 12, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
Unless the next episode turns out to be something amazing I think argevollen might just take the cake for the lowest score I've ever given a show I've finished.
Dec 12, 2014 7:49 AM

Jun 2013
dat argevollen with machine guns o_0

is just me or i forget arge never using machine guns for once??

this anime also like akame ga kill

THE LAST EPISODE TITLE IS SAME WITH TITLE NAME
Dec 12, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
1 episode left feels incomplete o-O
[/quote]
Dec 12, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2011
y123y said:
Legal_Latino said:

-said no on ever.

Well, at least.... all the females in this anime are very pretty :)

Disagree. Xebec didn't give a shit. They have drawn much better. And to the former post, I pretty much agree. I liked this at the start but it just really has turned into slop. It's boring to watch and the animation has become more and more stale.
Dec 15, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously, the plot really went running around like a headless chicken. Samonji and his buddy double-crossed the double-crossing general, big surprise there... not....

What the heck does Tokimune hope to achieve by grabbing Argevollen back? he'll be stuck in the middle of a war zone to fend for himself and Jamie, so like what exactly does he hope to accomplish by controlling Arge back? Stop Samonji and Inglemia will be biting at his arse to steal all those Perphevollens and Sturm Betas back. Fight with Samonji to defend against the opposing army, and Samonji will still be likely to rush into battle head-first to die. Bring Arge back and leave Samonji to his own devices and that'll still be the same scenario as no. 2....

So seriously, whats the point in taking back the Argevollen? It's not like it's the Wing Gundam with the crazy cannon that can stop a war or whatever, right?

Too many plot holes, too little time, eh? Can't wait to see how they try to salvage this train-wreck of a show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 17, 2014 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that as regards the plot, manages to get excited.
Even the narration while not having a steady pace is satisfactory.
All finally show their true colors.
Drawings not bad, good animations robots coma also good is the CG.
I await with impatience the last episode.
I understand that even Cayenne was in cahoots with the politicians.
Feb 17, 2015 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
What the fuck was the point of glasses dude? This series really feels they dicked around so much in the first half then forgot they only had 2 cour to wrap everything up so they just rushed the hell out of this, seriously they could have outright cut like half of the 1st cour, put the backstory on samonji and tokimune's sis around ep 6 or so, do the fights against shit char clone, then started this perfevollent situation around the halfwya mark and fleshed that out for an entire cour, instead we got this super incomplete mess.

sucks to say cause i thought it had improved a decent amount since ep 12 but this is probably between a 5 and a 4 at this point cause this finale is just sloppy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 13, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
For the past few episodes it's been nothing but build up for the finale.. they obviously went overboard with it.
I was expecting something but they spend so much time piling the steps up they never planned the way down.
Now they're just bungee jumping this whole thing.. doubt it will have a good conclusion but I'll see what they have.
Samonji suddenly piloting hundreds of mech doesn't even make sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.