Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that was some good teamwork there. Nice one Akatsuki :3

Also, I noticed how useful healing magic can be...especially with the way Akatsuki's stats were affected. Nice. I thought episode was intense and wut, new skill? It looks like her training paid off so good for her. The fight was good overall imo and had non stop action.
Nov 22, 2014 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
First part was to spend some time for Assassin girl to learn her new skill, to create multiple shadows of herself. That is not enough, though, that weapon shop girl even gave her own weapon and adjusted it. The enemy also somehow showed multi-personalities at one point. With everyone's help, she was able to defeat him and destroy the sword. In the middle, with the princess's request, Yonaga-san's character finally agreed to help out.

Pajama party to cerebrate the victory. The main guy called, and continues with his part. Seems like his part of "death scene" is coming.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 22, 2014 5:03 AM

Mar 2013
Nice Team work, Akatsuki finally put a end to this "serial killer",
Pajama party and Shiroe call to congrats i think that made Akatsuki day.
Nov 22, 2014 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
I'm starting to think that all adventurers got thrown into elder tale with their real body and not pixel like SAO. Here's how it happens, basically the fraction power summon all the players that was currently playing at that time into the world of elder tale, they can revive also because of the fraction power. Yea basically their previous human selves has been transform into that of gamer body as long as they're in that world. There's no hint at all that their real body is actually safely in their homes.
Nov 22, 2014 5:15 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Akatsuki finally learns a new skill and this Teaching is really awesome: Shadow Lurk! Along with their excellent teamwork, they've finally defeated that bastard and destroyed that cursed katana! Woohoo, pajama party! o/

Good to hear from Shiroe again and he's congratulating Akatsuki from their victory. Now it's Shiroe's group's turn to retry their raid. Good luck, guys. And this has been a really great episode!
Nov 22, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice episode. Loved Akatsuki's development a lot. She's become even more lovable and even cuter <3 Her new red armor looked BA :D I like it more than her previous one.

The battles were really nice. Awesome team work and some parts had some really nice animation actually ^^

Shiroe's turn nxt. His POV incoming :3 Can't wait.
Nov 22, 2014 5:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm typically not into healing magic, powers, or moves like in Pokemon, but this was really well done. The whole hit, run and heal strategy worked very well and Akatsuki's Shadow Lurk skill increased their chances to win as well.

Pajamas party at the very end.

Lenessia's character also grew a bit, she finally has friends and is true to her feelings.

Nov 22, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2008
I am surprised they can have a pajama party after deactivating the barrier.

Shouldn't there be a lot of monsters to take care off attacking the town? Now the town needs a constant border patrol and fighting unit.

Anyway cuteness overload from Akatsuki and back to Shiroe. I bet if Shiroe was leading that attack n this guy and cornered him like they did and made his "just as planned" glasses move, people will be calling this episode a lot more awesome but the blond chick just isn't as inspiring.

I wonder if we will get anything about Crusty in future episodes.
Nov 22, 2014 6:01 AM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
I am surprised they can have a pajama party after deactivating the barrier.

Shouldn't there be a lot of monsters to take care off attacking the town? Now the town needs a constant border patrol and fighting unit.

Anyway cuteness overload from Akatsuki and back to Shiroe. I bet if Shiroe was leading that attack n this guy and cornered him like they did and made his "just as planned" glasses move, people will be calling this episode a lot more awesome but the blond chick just isn't as inspiring.

I wonder if we will get anything about Crusty in future episodes.

There are not that many monster near the town to begin with and most of them are low leveled ones u would expect to find at the begging of every MMO so it is not a real big issue.

The real problem is that infighting occurs or large scale raid events like the goblin king raid that happend before would cause real concerns but for now it is not a major deal.

Anyway i am so proud of Akatsuki, She has finally overcome her barriers and hes grown in strength. I only wish i had them same resolve but it does serve as an ispiration.

Looks like we are finally going to back to shiroe's group.

Ep 9 would go back probably how they got defeated in the first raid attempt. The part were Shiroe died and his talk with Akatsuki and than probably figuring out a strategy tod defeat the raid in the second attempt.

Ep 10 would probably focus on the actually raid itself and should conclude the parts of vol 7 by than.
Nov 22, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2011
Great end to that story arc.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 22, 2014 6:07 AM
Jan 2014
DEEN strikes again. That quality drop ;_;
Nov 22, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Akatsuki's teaching and new katana..
Multihit skill + weapon that reduce opponent weapon's durability each hit?
Too OP! xD

Why they didn't finish the boss?
They could get raid boss drops!
Nov 22, 2014 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
That was really cool, I really liked Akatsuki this episode!
Now onto Shiroe's side.
Nov 22, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2013
I really like Akatsuki's character development. Can't wait to see Shiroe next episode
Nov 22, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
The boring arc finally finished (I do like Akatsuki's development here though). This episode reminds me of how awful Lenessia's design is -_-

Now we march onto Shiroe's epic raid arc !
loli_a_ravioliNov 22, 2014 6:48 AM
Nov 22, 2014 7:12 AM

Oct 2010
As much as I'm happy that the adaptation is accurate, I fear that there's not enough source material to go on. Its been confirmed for 25 episodes and right now, the anime is at Volume 7, Chapter 4 with Volume 8 released only 2 months ago.

Knowing Deen, I fear for the worst...... >.>
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Nov 22, 2014 7:22 AM
Oct 2009
ivaantjia said:

Why they didn't finish the boss?
They could get raid boss drops!

The raid wasn't an actual raid like the one Shiroe is in. also the boss is a person of the land, not a monster. they dont res.
It is better for people of the land and adventurers politics if they managed to stop the serial killer without finishing off the person of the land who was possessed by the katana. They saved him instead.
Nov 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
The Akihabara raid being a success!

It was fun watching Akatsuki sharing all those hits against the boss and learning her teaching at that moment too!

Getting a new katana just made for her with other support like the freezing liner was pretty nice to see. Disabling the magic circle and finally being able to defeat the boss. Akatsuki's developments ^^

Shiroe calling just when Akatsuki was thinking about him. More Shiroe raiding!
Nov 22, 2014 7:29 AM

Jun 2014
O snap a teaching.

Nov 22, 2014 7:43 AM

Jan 2014
freaking amazing episode! Log Horizon doing things right! Go Akatsuki!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 22, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2012
i think its just me but i think "teaching" name is very lame
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 22, 2014 7:49 AM
Jun 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
i think its just me but i think "teaching" name is very lame

LN translation is Overskill.
Nov 22, 2014 7:51 AM
Oct 2012
As for the episode - do wish they had explained why Akatsuki had a complex about her size, it wasn't mere dislike of being short. Since next episode will have the flash back from Shiroe's POV there is still a chance they may cover it, though probably not. Shame, but at least they did a nice raid dynamic here to show how this group started to work together.

Sakubo777 said:
As much as I'm happy that the adaptation is accurate, I fear that there's not enough source material to go on. Its been confirmed for 25 episodes and right now, the anime is at Volume 7, Chapter 4 with Volume 8 released only 2 months ago.

Knowing Deen, I fear for the worst...... >.>

No need to fear, the LN is overseeing the writing, they still have the remainder of 7, volume 8 (which focuses on the kids going west), the web based story (with the Debauchery Tea Party lead coming in from Asia), and whatever the writer wants to do to tie up what will probably be the animated end of the series. So plenty of material for source material.

Plus Deen was only hired to do the key animation, they are not directing either.
Nov 22, 2014 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
This episode felt so wonderful , maybe because everything was freezing both in anime and real life while i was drinking hot chocolate xD .
Nov 22, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
wonderful episode ! log horizon keeps delivering good stuff and we are only 8 episodes into s2 ! can't wait for the next episode !
Nov 22, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
Dat teaching Shadow Lurk is pretty cool
Nov 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2013
The villain in glasses is back!

mods are cucks
Nov 22, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2012
Kitoge said:

IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 22, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
Faster, faster, faster

somehow the line feels like a dig at a certain popular, elitist hated mmo themed anime
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Nov 22, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2014
This episode was awesome! I loved Akatsuki's new teaching xD

The pajama party was cool too. Can't wait for Shiroe to finish their full raid :D

The only thing i'm worried about is the deactivated barrier. I know there are only low levels but you never know....
Nov 22, 2014 10:14 AM
Jun 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
Kitoge said:

I don't think shadow lurk is creating clones but rather illusion/after image. I say it's more like phantom image from Claymore, but on a higher scale where multiple phantom image are generated.
Nov 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
Finally some interesing episode. Looking foward to next ones, but mostly can't wait for continuation of the first point of story from 1st ep that is pushed off and delayed.
Nov 22, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Great teamwork, Akatsuki finally defeated that serial killer.

I loved Akatsuki's teaching.
Nov 22, 2014 10:39 AM
Aug 2014
Gotta love the strategy and teamwork. I guess they need a police and guard task force now.
Nov 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
Amazing episodes. All that build up wasn't worth it tho,
but a great episode nonetheless.
I already knew Akatsuki is going to gain her ability, but its basically exploiting the game mechanics in a nutshell, that is what the Teachings are I assume.
Next episode looks interesting, Shiro loses his real world body apparently
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 10:58 AM
Nov 2010
This was a really enjoyable episoses on multiple levels but mainly cuz we finally got to see them fight. They added in a little kiting lesson and more world impacts like changing "flacor text" which I was delightly surprised they touched on. I wonder who wrote it though, calling Akatsuki, "unsocial" was amusing but would suck to have etechd forever on that weapon lol. Seeing her learn her own teaching was cool as well. Plus she got a new weapon! I was kinda surprised it came so late in the fight but it was a good way to finish off the climax. I have a newfound fondness of Akatsuki now. xD

I cant help but feel her weapon and Shadow Lurk is op as well lol. Oh well its good to see her finally be strong fighting-wise through her own awarness of her weaknesses. Kinda philosophical o.o

Even though they were all celebrating and happy I can't help but feel a dark foreboding of not having the magical barrier for protection anymore. x.x
Nov 22, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2011
woohoo they finally defeated that thing. Akatsuki FTW! even though everyone cooperated, she was the number 1 star :). Awesome, she learned a new skill!! i hope she gets more!! ITs always nice seeing her fight her assassin style. That pajama party was cute, and she passed out at the end cuz of everyone in pajamas! haha. cute. :) love it!
Nov 22, 2014 11:22 AM

Aug 2014
Nov 22, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
FINALLY, this is what I was waiting for this arc instead of the horrible pacing of the previous episodes.
Nov 22, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
The Good old Hit, Kiting, run, heal rinse and repeat strategy.
Epic shadow clon- i mean shadow lurk skill there. Akatsuki became abit OP with those gears and that skill.
Finally this bastard is out of the picture now onwards to how shiroe got party wiped by the bosses in the raid. Sure Akatsuki and her girlfriends were quite entertaining to watch. But nothing beast watching good ol magnificent bastard shiroe kicking some ass.
It's likely that ep 9 will show how his pt got wiped then he'll make a plan. Ep 10 will be the one with the battles. 2 weeks to conclude(hopefully) vol 7.
Then we can get on to what happen to Krusty.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 22, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2012
love that teamwork..
Mikakage is one of my fav adventurer..

Nov 22, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
Really great episode,can't wait for the next one.

Nov 22, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Animations aren't all bad, DEEN is making a decent job here. That last episode was great.
Nov 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that's it for the killer.
Nov 22, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
I'm expecting Henrietta to 'Freak Out' when she sees Akatsuki's Teaching, because if 1 Akatsuki makes her want to do all that she wants to do to her, what's that many Akatsukis going to do?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 22, 2014 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
AkinoBlade said:
Epic shadow clon- i mean shadow lurk skill there.

To be fair, neither of the authors invented that skill. They both took a preexisting motif and used it.

You probably know this, but there are many people seem to think that the show they like invented everything and everything remotely similar is "stealing" from that work.

There is very few new things under the sun!
Takuan_SohoNov 22, 2014 1:05 PM
Nov 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2011
Good episode overall and I'm happy for Akatsuki T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
great episode
i love the variety of skills everyone has, and it's not Kirito soloing everything >.>

Nov 22, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
Pyjama party? Damn, that's pretty kawaii son.
Great episode. Now finally back to Shiroe next episode...
Nov 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Not a fan of most Log Horizon characters, but I love Akatsuki~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.