Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2010
dope MC, he's like usop with mad courage. maybe a spike/usop hybrid.

the ost was dope. another great addition to this fall season.

shout out to demon chic for pwning gaint demon with 1 finger, I havnt seen 1 finger action since Goku vs Trunks.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 6, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed the entire episode, can't wait for next week! I'm a sucker for medieval fantasy settings, love the demon girls design, and the main character is an amusing little twat.
Oct 6, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2012
That was awesome, i didn't expect to like it so much, it had some CGI but it actually looked good. The animation was so good that i thought i was watching an OVA. This and the Parasyte anime will save this season.
Oct 6, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2007
Amon-Raw said:
Felt like disney type junk it terms of the main character lol. Also square enix called and they want their summons back.

It was cool though hope to see more summons and what not

Main character was a womanizing drunk who apparently had a nasty habit of lying to pretty much everyone he met. He was dishonest and ran from pretty much anything that posed anything remotely challenging to him. That's Disney-type stuff?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 6, 2014 11:43 PM

Sep 2008
MAPPA and classic Naoyuki Onda (where has he been?!). That was fun to see.
Oct 7, 2014 12:49 AM
Sep 2013
That was an amusing episode. That pink haired girl is HOT! Really pretty :D
Oct 7, 2014 1:00 AM

May 2013
this kind of art is absolutely out of my taste but I enjoyed the show n_n

THAT TAIL THO . really wasn't expecting it to be good, but it turned out well.
Oct 7, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
SageShinigami said:
Amon-Raw said:
Felt like disney type junk it terms of the main character lol. Also square enix called and they want their summons back.

It was cool though hope to see more summons and what not

Main character was a womanizing drunk who apparently had a nasty habit of lying to pretty much everyone he met. He was dishonest and ran from pretty much anything that posed anything remotely challenging to him. That's Disney-type stuff?

While I truly enjoyed the unusual qualities of the lead and think its a breath of fresh air....

Yes. Disney does have that type of character.
Oct 7, 2014 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, but this red afro..
Oct 7, 2014 3:46 AM

Apr 2008
Probably one of the biggest surprises in my entire anime viewing career - a mobile game adaptation with a budget, great direction, music and character designs. As if it were something actually intended to be watched, not just a bad commercial.
Oct 7, 2014 5:30 AM

May 2013
4kicks said:
Anyone else feel like Favaro and Kaisar seem to parallel Mugen and Jin from Samurai Champloo? The only difference is that they're far more incompetent, and unbearable. Who the hell came up with those two character design? If Favaro was drawn to intentionally make the audience want cut off his balls after setting his stupid ginger afro on fire, then they've succeeded.

I just wanted to say that the difference is that Mugen and Jin are actually likeable in some way but then I read the rest and completely agree with you.

brianez said:
DancingJack said:
*sigh* Is this a trend now to have really douchebaggy protagonists?

How is that guy likeable in any way? And he even looks the part, too, ...really, really stupid.

Aside from that it the anime is really cool... but my god, the character, just why?!

Lol, I think shows use characters like him not because they're actually good people, but because they're interesting, and they won't be boring to watch. You can do a lot of exploration with characters like these and maybe even see some growth

I understand how you feel though, I myself just began to appreciate these types of characters (sometimes). Also, there are other leads to balance him out, so it's not like it'll just be about him and his douchebaggery. The other male lead seems like the noble honest type, so there's some good contrast there

I don't have a problem with this kind of character normally if he gets balanced with other leads but that guy in this kind of situation? Also mostly they are not the main characters in the other animes but guys that you are supposed to dislike because of their attitude. I personally just completely hate it if the story continues with him not turning completely 180° character-wise because it gaves the idea of "Be a lying asshole -> Here be the chosen one, get rewarded!"
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 7, 2014 6:32 AM
Mar 2014
The scene at the start with the horses kinda reminded me of the disney movie the prince of egypt xD.
Oct 7, 2014 6:35 AM

May 2013
Wow! The animation was actually good. The comedy was funny to the point that I chuckled a bit at some scenes; especially the part where Favaro got a devil's tail. That white girl was weird yet awesome. Hahaha! Still, it lacks originality though.
Oct 7, 2014 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
That was a big surprise and Dat Afro
TanmaOct 7, 2014 6:54 AM
Oct 7, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2012
Cowboy Bebop x Space Dandy x Pirates of the Caribbean..
Oct 7, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2012
03:22 dat trollface

08:18 ohh yehhh

08:43 Daburu Giasu!

17:08 LOOOL

18:26 HENSHIN

22:16 lol

8/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 7, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
That was awesome!
And.... that boy Favaro... oh..my... HE'S SO HAWT!!! I WANT HIM INSIDE ME!!! ♥♥♥

SalemWitch said:
One of the few anime that actually lived up to the hype! Great directing, great pacing, great animation, GREAT art! We only got a prologue into the story but I'm excited to find out what's going to happen next and I'm sure it's not going to disappoint. Best girl confirmed for Amira and wow, is she powerful. Favaro is a magnetic character, he just stole the show. As far Kaisar... hm, there's hope for him yet.

Looking forward to next episode. I can already tell this is going to be my favorite anime of 2014.

Wait? This show was hyped? how come i haven't seen any mention of this title on anime website, forum or blogs??
Oct 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2011
Btw am i the only one who loves the fact that Favaro has some beautifully delicious armpit hair? ♥
Oct 7, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Impresssive animation and action. Based on a card game really?
He turned into the demon from the kiss
Oct 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
CreamZi said:
Wow! The animation was actually good. The comedy was funny to the point that I chuckled a bit at some scenes; especially the part where Favaro got a devil's tail. That white girl was weird yet awesome. Hahaha! Still, it lacks originality though.

pretty much everything now days lacks originality because they have made so many damn shows that it's hard to come up with new ideas anyways this episode was great.

tho the mc better change because I just felt like bi**h slaping him.
Oct 7, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
Best first episode of any show this season
Oct 7, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Sapphire_ said:
The scene at the start with the horses kinda reminded me of the disney movie the prince of egypt xD.

That's not a Disney movie xD
Oct 7, 2014 4:30 PM
Jan 2009
This was way better than any expectation I had for it

Sleeper hit of the season
Oct 7, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
Dragons, demons, gods, bounty hunters and a hot naked chick who can transform into a flying white demon slut? [i]Omoshiroi...[/i]

That was a surprisingly good episode with awesome animation style, fluid action and fun characters that all seemed pretty fresh. This series may have the looks of the sleeper hit of Fall 2014. I'm pumped for the next episode. Also, so much Pirates of the Caribbean déjà vu during that first large action scene (which is never a bad thing).
dankzelOct 8, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive first episode.
Oct 7, 2014 8:58 PM
Apr 2012
xchee said:
I had zero expectations coming in and that first episode just blew me away. The animation, the soundtrack...holy XD!

That intro: Neo Bahamut vs Odin (with Gunge Lance), Rahmu in armor and Diablos with a totally final boss fight bgm playing.

Enter second scene: two people on horse back on a bridge. Was I the only one who thought "Shadow of the Colossus!"?

Female demon kicking ass! The MC is a prick though, that's the only knock in this episode.

They're not riding over a bridge. Roman water aqueduct arches. designed to carry water over a great distances. They also have a water wheel (the one Favaro and Kaisar fought on top of).
Oct 7, 2014 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
It's awesome!
Oct 7, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2008
I had misgivings about this anime because the site said it was based on a card game. But it turned out really good instead.
It's a nice departure from all the school setting anime released these days.

That fight sequence eat the beginning was action-packed. Them fighting on that tumbling wheel reminded me of PotC3. Actually, the whole anime reminds me of that franchise, as they have the same sort of atmosphere.
Oct 8, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
I don't like the MC, the art is amazing, the OST too

but the MC, gosh ...
Oct 8, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2010
Now this is thy anime of the season! Art, animation, and characters is great! I'm hoping more info on the world will be given next episode. Fate/Stay what!? : 3
Oct 8, 2014 2:36 AM
Mar 2014
good to see main character doesn't look like a girl
Oct 8, 2014 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
BigFire said:
xchee said:
I had zero expectations coming in and that first episode just blew me away. The animation, the soundtrack...holy XD!

That intro: Neo Bahamut vs Odin (with Gunge Lance), Rahmu in armor and Diablos with a totally final boss fight bgm playing.

Enter second scene: two people on horse back on a bridge. Was I the only one who thought "Shadow of the Colossus!"?

Female demon kicking ass! The MC is a prick though, that's the only knock in this episode.

They're not riding over a bridge. Roman water aqueduct arches. designed to carry water over a great distances. They also have a water wheel (the one Favaro and Kaisar fought on top of).

Oho thanks for pointing that out. How can I forget? Even did one for an art project. Well anyway, it does still remind me of Shadow of the Colossus and the one from that was definitely a bridge so yeah :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 8, 2014 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
What an awesome and upbeat episode! I don't why I like it so much :D And am I the only one that liked everything about the MC? He is the best character I have seen in a while. And that hair is also quite neat. Better than some white/black generic hair. Anyways, seems like a very nice series.
Oct 8, 2014 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
Looking good!
Oct 8, 2014 5:12 AM

Sep 2010
millo said:
Btw am i the only one who loves the fact that Favaro has some beautifully delicious armpit hair? ♥

Your Userpic says all about you
Oct 8, 2014 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
robis798 said:
What an awesome and upbeat episode! I don't why I like it so much :D And am I the only one that liked everything about the MC? He is the best character I have seen in a while. And that hair is also quite neat. Better than some white/black generic hair. Anyways, seems like a very nice series.

The truth has been spoken !
Oct 8, 2014 7:28 AM

Jul 2007
I seriously enjoyed the main character.

No brooding,no bullshit honor, etc.A pure "rogue" type of character, which is VERY refreshing and un-anime.
Oct 8, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:

No brooding,no bullshit honor, etc.A pure "rogue" type of character, which is VERY refreshing and un-anime.
Dafuq is un-anime even supposed to mean.

I've seen this thrown around a couple times in this thread @_@
Oct 8, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
this was the best first episode so far this season.
Oct 8, 2014 8:56 AM
Oct 2013
Very, very well animated in my opinion.
Oct 8, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2009
Alright call me hyped.
I really enjoyed this episode.
Good animations with nice character designs and music.
Favaro is great MC, and I think the chemistry between him and Kaisar was really good.
I have hopes for this show.
Oct 8, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Dafuq is un-anime even supposed to mean.

I've seen this thrown around a couple times in this thread @_@

Bahamut from first episode is set up more like a "western" show - western mythology, western setting, etc.
Even characters represent different values than usual anime protagonists and the world-building is handled on the fly. (Ex: Cowboy Bebop is quite a good definition of "un-anime" as is Baccano)

In anime this type of character as Favaro, would usually be treated as "lousy villain"(ex FMA:B's Yoki)
Oct 8, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2012
Really interesting. I hope this is a 2cour
Oct 8, 2014 3:13 PM
Aug 2012
Quite an upbeat episode which really surprised me actually. The CG was much more bearable than MAPPA's other work that is airing which seemed really out of place. It really was a fun episode and I am eagerly waiting for the next.
Oct 8, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
I hope they will be able to keep it up. It was a good episode, the best part being that they didn't waste my time on unnecessary stuff. So far for me it's the best pilot in this season.
Oct 8, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2014
Did I saw Zeus, summoning Odin and Demon to fight off a dragon?
Finally, a male lead which looks like a real tough guy. I bet that demon girl will be the heroine.
Oct 9, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2011
sibbo7 said:
millo said:

Your Userpic says all about you

awww thankyou♥
mwah mwah♥
Oct 9, 2014 5:52 AM

Jun 2008
Great first episode really. Nice action, amazingly hot demon girl, nice non typical moe school-life stuff. A main character with a non typical attitude also. Is like a breath of oxygen to the anime gender that mostly uses copy paste for shame shit again and again.
As about artwork. Al i have to say is always nice to see this

instead of this:

Marzan said:

I cannot imagine this show doing to well with the otaku crowd unless a lot of very young females in various state of undress start showing up pronto.

Nope, the Japanese otaku K-ON-Clannad loving crowd is already out of the picture just because of the artwork example i showed above. The show just doesn't have that otaku anime style artwork they love. Also we manage to get rid of all the silly teenage anime girls with this guy as a main character since he ain't a shoujo drawn type of guy playing it silent mysterious cool guy. Thank God our main guy doesn't look like this.

Hope it will actually have interesting events happening in the future episodes and won't go downhill.

CookingPriest said:
Irenesharda said:

I think it's sort of like Lord of the Rings, how that whole prologue scene in Fellowship took place thousands of years ago and yet thousands of years later not much has changed. It's that sort of fantasy world.

IF our world had pesky magic and great unspoken evils, we would still be riding horses too.

Are you guys for real?
We have 2014 and that's only since that Christ dude died. There where thousand years of humans before him. We stopped riding horses only in the last 100 years(and in 1914 most still ride horses) so what the fuck are you people talking about?
MonadOct 9, 2014 6:15 AM
Oct 9, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The key visual was promising, but as often happens is all smoke and mirrors, but here the substance is there.
It looked like a Sergio Leone film, the movements of Favaro looked like those of Indiana Jones and there was this mixture of genres that left me hesitant all the time, but I must say that I was horrified, in fact it was a nice surprise, to say a bolt from the blue!
Not bad !!
Original Character Design, characters are not anonymous, and even stereotypical, what a beauty!
CG animation and good, I would say that as the first episode was not bad.
For now, the vote is 6/10!
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.