Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2015 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
I actually enjoyed it since the whole point of Gargantia is growth, life, and survival and that is exactly what is happening.
May 22, 2015 2:33 AM

Dec 2008
lol...pirate queen said stronzo...*sighs* just means jerk in italian. But nevermind..GREAT SEEING MORE OF THIS FRANCHISE!!!
May 26, 2015 10:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
IZEROII said:
I actually enjoyed it since the whole point of Gargantia is growth, life, and survival and that is exactly what is happening.

Same! What I liked best about Gargantia was always the slice of life atmosphere of the first half of the series. I found this OVA to be rather enjoyable for the most part. I forgot how beautiful the visuals and sceneries were.

Except for some reason I still don't like Amy. She's a nice person but every time she shows up I just want to fast forward the scene :/ I'm glad though of all things, remembering Chamber was what got Ledo to stop panicking, and not Amy. Unpopular opinion, but I don't want to see romance between him and Amy.

Definitely wondering about Leema's machine caliber at the end though! No wonder she was so interested in hearing Ledo's stories.
Jul 24, 2015 4:25 PM

May 2012
Quite an interesting ending! I quite liked this episode, it was a short recap in a way with some nice and interesting flashbacks but in general I quite liked the overall ova and I do wonder what the second episode will offer us!
Aug 10, 2015 2:01 PM

Jan 2011
I loved this episode. The reveal in the end is also done well, though i wonder how exactly they will make this work. If Leema is from the GA, it would mean they know where Earth is and can send people there..in the short time between Ledo and Kugel ending up there and now, as she can not be an ordinary pilot, and how would a child living on the space station end up on Earth?

Maybe she was raised by Kugel or Striker, or there was a fourth faction/some members of what would become the GA that never left. That would explain how she knows about the machine and can talk with it. Her interest in Ledo would also be explained, though he is a hero, so it's not really out of the ordinary either way.

But the best part of the whole episode was Leemas expression in the end:
NwAurionAug 10, 2015 2:06 PM
Aug 29, 2015 6:16 PM

Jun 2008
I was hoping there would be large enough time skip to see Amy and Ledo as married w/kids, but this seems to be, maybe a year. Ledo is a well established member of the crew both an engineer and deep sea diver. I liked that.
The ship they found was pure treasure. I loved it.

Leema herself I was a bit off with. It was like they were trying to create some form of love triangle. The ending said something else

Well done. I liked it. Makes me wonder if there will be more OVAs coming. I'd like to see more of the Land.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 4, 2015 7:53 PM

Nov 2009
New girl is so cookie cutter like holy shit.
Sep 19, 2015 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
This was nice OVA. It was great to return to world of Gargantia and see what is happening after the end of the TV series. It was nice mix of action, drama, and slice of life. I enjoyed all aspects of it that this series does so well.

Wasn't expecting the ending. I figured there was something up with that new girl, but I never would of thought she'd be from the Alliance...or maybe she's not. Who knows.

And will Ledo and Amy just admit their feelings for each other already. They're even closer now than they were in the original series. Just kiss already.

Loved the ED. Really nice tone and lyrics.

Can't wait to watch the second part.
Nov 7, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Good OVA. It's been a while since I last saw this series. Like a year and a half ao for me. First thing is I miss Chamber. He was a real cool mech.

The whole time I was thinking is Reema really good? She's awful curious about Ledo and Chamber. She keeps asking questions. Then we get that ending. That mech looks similar to Chamber. Let's see where this goes.
Dec 6, 2015 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
That was pretty good. It was nicely intense during the storm and Ledo getting trapped.
Mar 19, 2016 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
My waifu Bellows returns! Best girl Saya returns!

OMG! DAT BELLOWS ASS! I got the lotion out on that part.

I don't know if it was just the subber, but Bellows says "You're the real MVP." LMAO Kevin Durant would be proud.

Of course they went to save Ledo. They owe him big time for all he did.

DAT ENDING THO!
RobMar 19, 2016 11:25 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 18, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2014
I was about to rage when I thought that no one was going to make a move to save Ledo, major props to the side characters and especially Rackage xD
you just lost some cool points from me Bellows

That ending though...
KashKetchumMay 18, 2016 1:40 PM
Jun 9, 2016 5:01 AM

Dec 2015
That ending though, I wonder where she got that from, from the beginning she smelled kinda fishy to me, but I didn't expect this
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 21, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
ahh I nearly forget to watch the OVAs ^^ glad I remembered.

Gargantia has, beside an interesting story simply beautiful visuals and amazing OST. more anime should be like this. Even without chambers I would watch a second season.
The flashbacks where set up in an interesting way we dont see that often, characters actually wanting to know what happened before they came. Really, this never happens in anime :D

That ending ._.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 29, 2016 1:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice ova, with beautiful draw although the plot, it can be describe how "a difficult day in the Gargantia" or " A bad day in the Ledo life", It don´t deep in the strong and autenthic plot :( is secondary ....+

6/10.
Jun 3, 2017 5:28 PM
Aug 2015
It is to bad that they cannsld season 2 I was looking forward to the second season I hoping to see more of Amy x Ledo I want to see get closer to each other if they is not going to be a second season I am hoping that they will make OVA episodes
Dec 23, 2018 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
Some stories that happened in the past, well there isn't really an enemy in the first place anymore. But then in the end she got a Chamber/Striker on her own? Wonder what she's planning on doing with it in the next episode and where it comes from.
May 29, 2019 10:53 PM

Jun 2017
That was great. It captured the mood and the spirit of Gargantia perfectly. I felt something was off about Leema from the beginning. Seems like I was right. I wonder how it is going to turn out.
Oct 6, 2019 7:36 PM
Oct 2019
Has anyone ever gotten any english subtitles for the maguru episode 1 and 2.
I was recently told to watch this anime and its AMAZING but no subs for the movies X 2.
Thanks to anyone who knows where.
RK

Btw: ive searched all the top 7 sub sites to no avail.
Nov 11, 2019 8:53 PM

Oct 2009
bullitbaby said:
Has anyone ever gotten any english subtitles for the maguru episode 1 and 2.
I was recently told to watch this anime and its AMAZING but no subs for the movies X 2.
Thanks to anyone who knows where.
RK

Btw: ive searched all the top 7 sub sites to no avail.

This is OVA, not movies. And you should have watched TV series first

In case you still need subs, search for "Vivid" on nyaa
Dec 11, 2020 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
Dull OVA. Unless the 2nd one is fantastic these can be ejected from memory...

I guess Ledo doesn't need a translator any longer, speaks the local language perfectly now. I guess Amy is more of a sibling, not even a kiss after he was rescued.
Mar 31, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
Thought this would just be a stand alone ova, then the ending suggests it continues.
Nothing special but the Animation is Colorful & bright.
May 31, 2022 11:04 PM

Jan 2021
My guess is that she is either from the Alliance as well, or she somehow found Chamber and rebuilt him. Hoping it's not the latter because that would be painful to see our man turn against Ledo and Gargantia.

Sep 15, 2022 11:05 PM

Feb 2019
I really miss Chamber. I'm glad he was brought back in this episode, even if it was just in flashback scenes hehehe
Aug 23, 2023 3:51 AM

May 2013
Enjoyable episode.  Good to see Ledo settling into life onboard the Gargantia, and the flashbacks to his time with Chamber were great (more Chamber is always good).

The ending was a whole "... woah" be interesting to see what happens in the next episode.
SQ5 said:
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

74 by Tigrrr111 »»
Feb 3, 2:03 AM

» Season 2

SkyWielder - May 20, 2015

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Jan 13, 2023 7:27 PM

» Any chance of a dub for Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka?

awesomeblackman - Mar 7, 2021

0 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 7, 2021 9:39 AM

» Can someone confirm to me if Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka a real sequel or non-canon? And is it worth watching?

awesomeblackman - Mar 2, 2021

3 by Gurenn »»
Mar 2, 2021 12:36 AM

» Preview(s) - Update 3/13

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

7 by dmr »»
Mar 13, 2015 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.