Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2014 12:57 PM
Oct 2010
thracias said:
Quite a disappointing start. Did they state that they were going to start from the second mission? I thought they'd start from the very beginning with Bugs I?

Probably just re arranging stuff, all the PVs showed the original chapters and this is actually

manga spoiler, not really big but still...

mayukachan said:
Sweanime said:
Am I the only one that will coment that the german guys name is "Adolf" ;D

I mean there are a little better german names :P That not make everybody will think about hitler.

lol I had a chuckle when I saw it too

lol that's what I meant that some of the characters might come off as offensive.
Sep 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
Nice to see Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun making an appearance together.

So far this anime is looking to be meh plot & character wise, but it should at least be fun to watch.
Sep 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2013
I didn't mind the censoring in Tokyo Ghoul, but holy shit man, this is taking it a little too far. Maybe I'll just check out the manga and watch the BD version in the future. It's a shame because I was looking forward to this.
Sep 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
Well, this wasn't that bad, the censoring is there, but I really don't care that much.
Humanity vs cockroaches, that's ridiculous, but I liked it. The song at the end was not bad, I liked it.
Sep 26, 2014 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
Starts off with a bunch of smiling people and ends with the beginning plot.

The censors ruined the action, but the plot seems interesting.
The mc seems like he has some backstory to cover up and other things.

Also, at the end, they said humans sent cockroaches to Mars. So it was the humans' fault for the killing of the people and the virus. Dang Humans!

If anyone could tell me where to find uncensored, that would be great. :D
Sep 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
llcruz said:
Well, this wasn't that bad, the censoring is there, but I really don't care that much.
Humanity vs cockroaches, that's ridiculous, but I liked it. The song at the end was not bad, I liked it.

I didnt mine the censoring on a bear fight that was meaningless, but it doesnt make me very hopeful for the future of the anime.

I dont mind censoring, but this show might honestly have major plot scenes unviewable because of this shit.
Sep 26, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
yay this is gonna be so awesome!!!
i hope it's gonna be as good as in the manga :P
such a shame they had to censor that , I think it's just stupid
Sep 26, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty... decent episode, though a little weak as a first episode. The censoring is god damn awful. I mean at what time does it air that it has to censor it?

I dunno I nowadays have mixed feelings about future settings. It's like 2600 or smth and the technology, the way everything looks barely changed. For example, Psycho Pass was only 100 years from now and it looked futuristic as hell.

And it's hard to believe that people in 2600 still act and behave the same way as they are now. Shinsekai yori was a set a little bit more in a future, but the way whole society behaved was extremely different.

These thoughts just interfere with my watching and I just feel the year 2600 was added only for the fact that ''some time was needed for that whole moss and roaches to terraform Mars'' or smth.
Sep 26, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2009
Sweanime said:
Am I the only one that will coment that the german guys name is "Adolf" ;D

I mean there are a little better german names :P That not make everybody will think about hitler.

It's 27th century, they don't give a shit anymore.

sullynathan said:
What the hell does JOHJ mean?

It's how they spell George.
Sep 26, 2014 2:02 PM

May 2012
Cockroaches uh.

Weak first episode imo. Haven't read the manga, but this felt rushed. It started off pretty good then after the bear it kind of went down hill for me. Idk if it was the subs or what, but I didn't get the jokes they were using. Like negative boobies. I didn't get it. Was lmao when she talking about the cockroaches. I'm just going to assume that everyone pass despite the 40%.

I give it till episode three. Hope it gets better.
Sep 26, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
Okay first episode. I wonder tho are these cockroackes intelligent or are they mindless monsters?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 26, 2014 2:16 PM
Aug 2011
Hosoyan~

Chabe said:
So far this anime is looking to be meh plot & character wise, but it should at least be fun to watch.

pretty much
Sep 26, 2014 2:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
*One of my top 5 most anticipated shows of the fall season*

What do I find? Tokyo Ghoul level of censors -_-

Sighhhhhhhhh, I really hope that this was only censored because it was animal abuse....

Regardless the episode was alright I guess...Those 4 kids seem interesting enough

4/5

I don't have much faith in this anime anymore since after checking the manga, they did the same fucking thing that the OVA did which was to completely leave out character development/background information -_-
Sep 26, 2014 2:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
xSanox said:

2. manga readers. how was the pacing of this episode

Umm...FAST. They skipped Marco and Alex's background, but there's the possibility of them doing it later. I also remember that they actually didn't know that Sheila was going to undergo the surgery either, but I guess they immediately skipped to the part where they reunited with her and had the surgery talk with the captain. Hmm and some other stuff too they'll probably just show it later.

skudoops said:
thracias said:
Quite a disappointing start. Did they state that they were going to start from the second mission? I thought they'd start from the very beginning with Bugs I?

Probably just re arranging stuff, all the PVs showed the original chapters and this is actually

manga spoiler, not really big but still...

I think that's what the OVAs are for, as a prequel to this mission.

Anyways, wasn't planning to watch this since I find the manga to be okay, but then I decided to after seeing IshiKai as Marcos. Hosoyan as Akari sounded a little off to me, but it'll probably be easy to get used to. Was a good introductory episode.
tingySep 26, 2014 2:37 PM
Sep 26, 2014 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
It was okay, censoring was god awful though.
Sep 26, 2014 2:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is going to air on 4 more stations next month so maybe we could possibly see this series uncensored
http://terraformars.tv/onair/index.html

Either way, it looks like this might be 12-13 episodes since this is airing in JoJo's time slot
Sep 26, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
love it, feels mature and i love michelle's sense of humor.
I love the way they use flash on animating the face expression of people in the crowd at the opening scene, looks so crisp and fresh.

To all of you who complain about the censoring, i know it's annoying but you fucktards aware that this anime airs on JAPANESE TELEVISION right? And you DO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW LAW ABOUT AIRING VIOLENCE AND GORE on japanese television RIGHT? AND YOU DO KNOW THAT THEY WILL REMOVE THE CENSOR ON THE BD VERSION RIGHT?
I just... arghh... sometimes i just cant keep up with the stupidity of the majority of MAL user.
Sep 26, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
What can I say? I'm surely gonna enjoy it, this looks as the sort of stuff I like. Though the censorship is so bad, and as a first episode I expected a better quality overall, is it really that low budget?
Sep 26, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
millo said:
I love the way they use flash on animating the face expression of people in the crowd at the opening scene, looks so crisp and fresh.

To all of you who complain about the censoring, i know it's annoying but you fucktards aware that this anime airs on JAPANESE TELEVISION right? And you DO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW LAW ABOUT AIRING VIOLENCE AND GORE on japanese television RIGHT? AND YOU DO KNOW THAT THEY WILL REMOVE THE CENSOR ON THE BD VERSION RIGHT?
I just... arghh... sometimes i just cant keep up with the stupidity of the majority of MAL user.

Somehow, Akame ga Kill is not censored and has quite a lot of gore and it's overall content is definitely is not mature or serious while a show like Terra Formars is much more serious ( even horror genre is slapped on ) and obviously should air a little bit later when the kids go night night, so why should this be censored and shonen shows like Akame, where blood is not even necessary, are not?
Sep 26, 2014 2:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Akanezora said:
What can I say? I'm surely gonna enjoy it, this looks as the sort of stuff I like. Though the censorship is so bad, and as a first episode I expected a better quality overall, is it really that low budget?
I wouldn't say that it has a low budget...Apart from the lighting I think that the animation is pretty good
Sep 26, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2011
[quote=Sweanime]
Syran said:
Sweanime said:

PLEASE, do not drop watching this just to buy the Blu-Ray instead. If you need to watch this, please just bear through (pun not intended) this and watch the censored shit.
They want you to buy the BD to get the gore so they can keep pulling this shit, forcing people to buy the BD. It's just a huge fuck you to the viewers.

Well i live in sweden so I will have to wait like 10 years to even be able to buy it so I will "buy" it later in a differnt way ;D

producing an anime requires a lot of hardwork, skills, and time, so if you really like a series, i suggest you pay respects for those people behind it by buying the BD, either import the japanese version if you are rich and understand japanese language (or if it has english sub), or maybe import the cheaper funimation etc releases. or maybe just buy the european bd version if it's available.
milloSep 26, 2014 3:07 PM
Sep 26, 2014 2:56 PM

Jul 2011
robis798 said:

Somehow, Akame ga Kill is not censored and has quite a lot of gore and it's overall content is definitely is not mature or serious while a show like Terra Formars is much more serious ( even horror genre is slapped on ) and obviously should air a little bit later when the kids go night night, so why should this be censored and shonen shows like Akame, where blood is not even necessary, are not?

I've seen akame ga kill and from what i've seen the gore scene there kinda feel comical and unrealistic, maybe that's why it could avoid the censoring law, while this show has some freakishly detailed level of gore.

or maybe just different channel or something like that idk, all i know is that the bd wont be censored
Sep 26, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2011
I couldn't get into the episode but I will give it another couple episodes. But the last thing we need is super censoring like TG and everything being rushed.
Sep 26, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
millo said:

How does it feel mature? It just feels like a typical anime, though with less whiny MCs and more Adolf & Eva Hitler.

You do realise that it's not just censoring, but TERRIBLE censoring, right?
People don't care about the laws, why should they? They see horrific censoring and they complain about it, nothing wrong with that. Do they have to put a disclaimer at the end of each message showing their understanding of the current state of affairs in Japan?
Sep 26, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Meh, I'll skip this one. It's like Tokyo Ghoul all over again... X(

Edit: Hopefully I'm terribly wrong and it will turn out to be amazing. We'll have to wait and see.
:3
Sep 26, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
alpha_shadow said:

Edit: Hopefully I'm terribly wrong and it will turn out to be amazing. We'll have to wait and see.

you're spot on
they skipped the 1st volume(8 chapters) lol :D
probably gonna have some scenes from that volume in flashbacks going by the trailer
Sep 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2011
Chabe said:
millo said:

How does it feel mature? It just feels like a typical anime, though with less whiny MCs and more Adolf & Eva Hitler.

You do realise that it's not just censoring, but TERRIBLE censoring, right?
People don't care about the laws, why should they? They see horrific censoring and they complain about it, nothing wrong with that. Do they have to put a disclaimer at the end of each message showing their understanding of the current state of affairs in Japan?

mature does not equal being serious and intelligent.
The stupidity and silliness of this show made in a way to cater older audience, kinda felt hollywood-ish, just look at the style of some of the comedic scene in the ova and the first episode.

Censorship is annoying but that doesn't make the studio and the production value less credible, i saw MANY people said that this anime is SHIT because of the censorship, if given a choice, i'm pretty sure the studio would choose to air the uncensored version.
Sep 26, 2014 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
It felt way to cliché. It reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul,partly due to censoring but first impression is worse than Tokyo Ghoul's.
Sep 26, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
millo said:
Sweanime said:

Well i live in sweden so I will have to wait like 10 years to even be able to buy it so I will "buy" it later in a differnt way ;D

producing an anime requires a lot of hardwork, skills, and time, so if you really like a series, i suggest you pay respects for those people behind it by buying the BD, either import the japanese version if you are rich and understand japanese language (or if it has english sub), or maybe import the cheaper funimation etc releases. or maybe just buy the european bd version if it's available.

No way I'm gonna pay 40-50 bucks for them to remove the censoring. That's just insane. Hopefully other people realize this.
Sep 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
this looked bad from the start, but with these censors, I won't even bother.

dropped
Sep 26, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
Syran said:
millo said:

No way I'm gonna pay 40-50 bucks for them to remove the censoring. That's just insane. Hopefully other people realize this.

YOU'RE NOT PAYING 40-50 BUCKS JUST TO REMOVE THE CENSORING! YOU PAY 40-50 BUCKS TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE INDUSTRY AND PAY RESPECTS TO THE PEOPLE WORKING THEIR ASS OFF TO MAKE SOMETHING YOU ENJOY! HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE REALIZE THIS.
Sep 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
Moodie said:
can't even blame funimation for censorship but honestly don't produce an explicit series just to have it censored

there are parts in the manga that will probably never air if the censoring is this bad over the first episode

I was thinking the exact thing, but I'l still continue to watch this, looks really good.
Sep 26, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
millo said:
Syran said:

YOU'RE NOT PAYING 40-50 BUCKS JUST TO REMOVE THE CENSORING! YOU PAY 40-50 BUCKS TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE INDUSTRY AND PAY RESPECTS TO THE PEOPLE WORKING THEIR ASS OFF TO MAKE SOMETHING YOU ENJOY! HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE REALIZE THIS.

But what I get in the box, is 40-50 bucks worth of censors removed. And that's a fact.

And another thing is, if such a huge ammount of people drop this because it's censored, they've already lost a ton of buyers. Nobody's gonna buy this just to get rid of the censors. The only thing censoring like this does to a show, is increase the ammount of piracy when the BD is out.
Sep 26, 2014 3:36 PM

Jan 2014
Syran said:
millo said:

But what I get in the box, is 40-50 bucks worth of censors removed. And that's a fact.

And another thing is, if such a huge ammount of people drop this because it's censored, they've already lost a ton of buyers. Nobody's gonna buy this just to get rid of the censors. The only thing censoring like this does to a show, is increase the ammount of piracy when the BD is out.

Well, look at Tokyo Ghoul when it first aired, censored like hell, everyone saying, it's lame because all they is black screen, now look at it now, becoming popular as hell on MAL, this is going to be the same with this show, most likely
Sep 26, 2014 3:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mahone7 said:
alpha_shadow said:

you're spot on
probably gonna have some scenes from that volume in flashbacks going by the trailer

Or they're showing it in the OVA :)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22689/Terra_Formars_OVA
Sep 26, 2014 3:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
tingy said:
Mahone7 said:

you're spot on

Or they're showing it in the OVA :)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22689/Terra_Formars_OVA
They still skipped tons of character development in those OVA's as well....I dunno what this studio was thinking when they adapted this episode and that OVA
Sep 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
To some one smart.

When and where will be uncensored version? Give me answer at my profile or something.
Sep 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
Syran said:
millo said:

Let me say this, if you really really fall in love with one series, like, you feel the series is either a masterpiece or you simply super duper enjoying it, you should be ashamed for only pirating it and refuse to buy the bd, it's like spitting on the face of the people who gave you pleasure.
Even if the BD doesn't have a nice packaging, even if there's nothing changed from the tv version, even if there's no extra content, if you really love a series, you should(not must, but should), show your appreciation somehow.

I'm outta here, it's getting OOT, bye
Sep 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
I haven't watch the first episode yet, but does anyone knows how much episode this series will have? Hopefully this series isn't rushed.
Sep 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
I haven't watch the first episode yet, but does anyone knows how much episode this series will have? Hopefully this series isn't rushed.

First episode is out the door and it's already hella rushed.

Edit: Also, no word on the episode count so far I think.
Sep 26, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
There is too much censoring I might just go ahead and read the manga.
Sep 26, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 2009
Adolf, you majestic being. I cannot wait to salute you my King.

Lol this would sound so wrong out of context but I can't call him by his last name yet.

Also.... I think everyone should go and read the manga... The censorship is just too much then when the blu rays come out go and buy them.
Sep 26, 2014 4:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
keragamming said:

Looks like we might have another TG
Sep 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2010
Tokoya said:
keragamming said:

[citation needed]

Everyone whining about censoring - if it bothers you that much, you can start this episode for your 30 seconds of not censored next week, when it airs on BS11 and people can get raws from it.
Sep 26, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Syran said:
keragamming said:

First episode is out the door and it's already hella rushed.

Edit: Also, no word on the episode count so far I think.

Oh, boy. smh.

Tokoya said:
keragamming said:

Do you have any source that it will be just 13 episodes?
Sep 26, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
again cencorship...nahh..

I dont know...Not bad for the beginning.

Im gonna keep up watching.
Sep 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
That Adolf person from Germany
Sep 26, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2011
Eh, I only read the first volume of the manga, which was covered in the OVA. Watching this first episode I'm still rather lukewarm about it. But I"ll give the manga another try to see how it goes.
Sep 26, 2014 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
So good episode and quite appealing. What I didn't like was the censorship. Hopefully it'll be better in the future episodes. 1st half was bit boring wuth the MC introduction but second half was better with many explanations on what's gonna follow. It felt somewhat ryshed but whatever. Let's see how it'll go.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 26, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
billybob300c said:
can't stand overly heroic / passionate mc type characters.

dropped

Dropping in the first episode, genius.

Well, not bad, not excellent, pretty decent, this may become interesting, or may not.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2014

88 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.