Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh good the princess is alive after all. That didn't surprise me. Seriously though Rat, you're still going to get that gun?!

Rat tries to justify what she's doing although it's kinda meaningless since her Dad is not coming back. We get some action mecha movements although not too much in the form of flashbacks. RIP Orlene. Anyways, it was nice to see the princess survive which should of been obvious. I see that she is thankful for that as well. I hope Slaine is prepared for some battle soon.

Stark700Sep 6, 2014 10:48 AM
Sep 6, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
So it seems the spoiler is true, eh ? Looking forward until the last episode of this 1 cour before giving any major judgement

Sep 6, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Sep 6, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
^ That's disgusting. D:
Sep 6, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
Yup, saved.

Inaho NTR all the way xD
Poor rayet, after suffering her lost of her father and now this ._.
If i am not mistaken, if someone swearing a loyalty or an oath the the one who has the power to wield Aldnoah, their follower could access it as well. I wonder if Inaho would gain the power of Aldnoah :3

Sep 6, 2014 9:10 AM
Oct 2013
I'm shipping inhao and princess.
Sep 6, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2008
Can this anime even be concluded in 1 cour, this just screams split cour, I'm expecting a split cour format for this after the 12th episode.

Sep 6, 2014 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
Hoppy said:
Can this anime even be concluded in 1 cour, this just screams split cour, I'm expecting a split cour format for this after the 12th episode.

It's a split cour, the another one will start airing on winter 2015.

Sep 6, 2014 9:14 AM

Nov 2008
Seiryuu2 said:
Hoppy said:

It's a split cour, the another one will start airing on winter 2015.

Thank goodness.

Sep 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
Orlene is Japanese?

And she looks like Inaho, wow.

I'm hyped. Can't wait for more revelation. :D

It's closer and closer...

And finaaly some characterization for Inaho. Not much, but better than nothing.
Just_ChickenSep 6, 2014 9:36 AM
Sep 6, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 2013
rayet will soon die.
Sep 6, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Orlene is Japanese?

And she looks like Inaho, wow.

I'm hyped. Can't wait for more revelation. :D

It's closer and closer...

And finaaly some characterization for Inaho. Not much, but better than nothing.

If they are going to do what you had predicted then you deserve some medal.

@Vieri I think Slaine is not just a ridiculous character, he was just poorly written like everyone else.

Sep 6, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it, is beyond me (and she just sits nearby). Nah, I understand why (fanservice), but it's just so out of place.
Inaho being suddenly nervous and flustered doesn't help to take it seriously too.

I need some time to recover after this scene to continue watching... But I feel that I'm losing my interest in the series and may be not interested in the second cour. :/

And that "Inaho-san". Damn.
Sorry for venting and sorry to Inaho x Asseylum shippers, but for me the scene was gut-wrenching. In my opinion, their chemistry seems bad.
deadoptimistSep 6, 2014 10:55 AM
Sep 6, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
Yup, saved.

Woohoo, that's good that Seylum's alive :)

Inaho x Seylum, or Slaine x Seylum?

Rayet is really starting to piss me off.

Count Saazbaum's past, oh well Orlene seemed like a b**** anyway.

Finally Slaine is going to come back into the action.

Wondering how they will end the FIRST HALF of this anime.

2 episodes left...
Sep 6, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it, is beyond me (and she just sits nearby). Nah, I understand why (fanservice), but it's just so out of place.
Inaho being suddenly nervous and flustered doesn't help to take it seriously too.

I need some time to recover after this scene to continue watching... But I feel that I'm losing my interest in the series and may be not interested in the second cour. :/

Sorry for venting and sorry to Inaho x Asseylum shippers, but for me the scene was gut-wrenching. In my opinion, their chemistry seems bad.

I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.
Sep 6, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2013
So glad that the princess is okay. Looks like Slaine is let go and is now free to do what he wants. A big battle is coming up soon.
Sep 6, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:

Mebby the captain don't dare to touch/take responsibility for that royal martian princess lil cunt.

k jk.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 6, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2012
Man this was just great!

Well it seems like I am going to be the odd man out. I like how they executed the CPR scene. Seems like the princess was really dead for a good second. I think that was the most emotion I seen from Inaho. For a second there I think he thought he couldn't save her. Rayet and the princess moment was great imo. It showed how the Martians really are towards other. They are will to killed their own kind with no second thought.

Then we finally see the whole reason why Mars invaded Earth. Also the moon shattering was heavens fall right. I might be wrong about that. Not going to lie. I thought I was over when the princess gave her speech, but nope the cease fire got cock blocked again. Saazbaum has now begin his revenge. Can't to see what happens next.

5/5.
AntearionSep 6, 2014 11:08 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.

However that's not exactly characterization. I'd say that it has more to do with giving shipping material to the fans. It would be characterization, if we learned about his past or his way of thinking.
Well, maybe you mean something later in the episode, but I can't get over bad writing during the bathroom scene, so I haven't finished it yet. Sorry, I'll post, if I find characterization material later.

And, honestly, I am not ranting, because I want another pair to succeed. I don't ship Asseylum with anyone, because I find her too annoying. But since Darzana was nearby, there was no pressing need to let Inaho embarrass the girl.
And the writing is so bad, it's painful.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 7, 2014 5:40 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:04 AM
Sep 2013
Princess survived is still got me surprised. Of course the main villain still wants a war. Wonder If slaine is going to cooperate with him.
Sep 6, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Good god, Earth just can't catch a break.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 6, 2014 11:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That CPR kiss was inevitable. Obviously, Inaho wanted to take all the credits and so didn't let Magbaredge take over.
Of course, who would let such a golden opportunity go? :p

Rayet's reason for attacking Asseylum was valid, but good thing her resolve to kill was shaky.
Inaho's quick restraining moves were awesome! I like how he was explaining why he used such methods upon her. XD

Saazbaum enlightens Slaine about the war history between Vers and Earth. So, he's after revenging his fiancée?
Looks like he even took measure against Asseylum proclamation. Very clever!

Good episode. Some awesomeness incoming next week. I hope Inaho takes control of that Red Kataphrakt soon.

Mar 2013
It was obvious that she wasn't dead '-'

Aug 2010
Good stuff :3

As expected, the inevitable Inaho CPR XD It felt really serious with no alternative motives though so I'm glad they made it that way.

Inaho is just too BA. Loving this guy ^^

Slaine has got himself a good mecha now. I really wonder what he'll do?

And Saazbam just blocked the whole broadcast :O So the king didn't listen to it I guess?

I still wonder who or what caused the moon to shatter?
Barion-ZaraSep 6, 2014 11:14 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2011
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it
you do know cpr is something you teach to kids in like high school and sometimes even before that right? Its something everyone knows how to do and way inaho did is was just how cpr actually works, complaining about this isnt even scraping the bottom of the barrel thats like trying to dig into the ground beneath the barrel

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 6, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2012
JizzyHitler said:
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it
you do know cpr is something you teach to kids in like high school right? Its something everyone knows how to do.

Not in all high schools, probably deadoptimist didn't
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 6, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2012
As for the CPR scene, i personally didn't mind it at all. I don't find it that weird/awkward at all :o

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 7, 2014 5:40 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
Tommk said:
JizzyHitler said:
you do know cpr is something you teach to kids in like high school right? Its something everyone knows how to do.

in that case he better go fucking learn it, theres a reason they teach you it at a young age cause you need to be prepared to use it if the situation arises.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 6, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2013
For god sake, if you expect nothing beside romance for this show, please don't watch this show, watch shoujo-genre or anything similar like that!!!
I really pissed to some fanboy of a certain character , ow man you ruin the pleasure watch a MECHA show. What did you expect from that? Of course we expect epic battle, flashy robot, cool villain, brain vs brain, tech vs tech. If you pissed for a small CPR, please DONT WATCH THIS SHOW!!!
Sep 6, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
Tommk said:
JizzyHitler said:

I'm not sure that it is relevant, but in my school we were not taught how to use a defibrillator. But that's not the point, since the kids in Inaho's schhol could very well been taught it. I mean, that usually you do not allow a boy to touch an unconscious girl, even if she is injured, if there is a woman, who can give the necessary help.
Sep 6, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:
Tommk said:

I'm not sure that it is relevant, but in my school we were not taught how to use a defibrillator. But that's not the point, since the kids in Inaho's schhol could very well been taught it. I mean, that usually you do not allow a boy to touch an unconscious girl, even if she is injured, if there is a woman, who can give the necessary help.

Bro, she did want to take over. But inaho said he can handle it.
Sep 6, 2014 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
deadoptimist said:

since when does gender ever matter when using cpr, its a life or death situation you dont hesitate because of different gender, if a male lifeguard saves a woman from drowning he doesnt wait for a female life guard to give cpr he does it himself. CPR isnt a sexual thing its a medical practice

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 6, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2012
JizzyHitler said:
deadoptimist said:

since when does gender ever matter when using cpr, its a life or death situation you dont hesitate because of different gender, if a male lifeguard saves a woman from drowning he doesnt wait for a female life guard to give cpr he does it himself. CPR isnt a sexual thing its a medical practice

word
Sep 6, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Tommk said:
Bro, she did want to take over. But inaho said he can handle it.

The way I understood it, she offered her help after some time, when she saw, that he was tired (he was covered in sweat). It seems to me that the logical choice would be for her to do it from the start - she is more experienced and it is less embarrassing. Well, being polite is less important in life or death situation, I understand, but still.
If he had been alone nearby, I wouldn't have questioned it.
Sep 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Alrighty... Wasn't too big a fan of this episode... It wasn't exactly horrendous but a lot of things seemed very pointless and other things seemed stupid or convenient.

Animation and music were fine. Music has improved lately in the last few episodes, better integrated and doesn't overshadow what is going on. I'm glad.

Story&Characters:
The CPR didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.. Thank goodness they put a towel over her... However I will get to why it still bothers me as forced/pointless drama...

The scene that follows with Rayet threatening them and the Princess and her vent their feelings to one another. Okay fine, it shows the characters admitting their mistakes... even if the Princess already did so.
Why did it have to be a naked strangling though? It's not like it being in the shower had any relevance at all. Since it all amounted to her pointing a gun at them and venting her feelings it could have easily just been a scene where she steals a gun and points it at the Princess in the halls or a room or somewhere else, fully clothed. Then they could have the exact same scene, except without the CPR, or naked strangling in the shower. The Princess is perfectly healthy, so that's all that happened was Rayet venting her feelings. Seems like a cheap way to make a cliffhanger to me because the ship crashing amounted to absolutely no drama just pointlessly dragging out this episode by having a scene where they vague describe what happened and that they fixed it somehow.

Inaho didn't really emote at all in the situations of this episode. He heard she might be dead and was pretty monotone about it. He seemed worried but there was no urgency in his voice. No change at all but hey, what do you expect from a guy who is absolutely unaffected by seeing his friend completely disintegrated in front of him. Also want to add that Inaho trusting Rayet after she literally strangled her makes no sense because he shot down Slaine after he helped them defeat a knight. Inconsistent.

Princess doesn't really go through any building here either. She says she's sad that her attempts at making peace just made things worse but it really didn't amount to anything, she's still a 1-dimensional goody goody.

HOLY INFO DUMP BATMAN.... No seriously... the details of the Vers Empire's civilians given by Saazbaum went by so quickly it was impossible for me to care. Something about.. the water drying up.. and there not being enough resources.. and there was propaganda that blamed Earth.. Idunno, couldn't follow it.

Saazbaum get's a bit more backdrop too, seeing the time where his fiance died. Didn't really leave an impact with me because I barely knew her and we didn't really see Saazbaum react to it much but at least it's there. I also like his dedication to the debt he has to Slaine's father, offering him the choice to go to Earth or stay by his side... Truth be told... I don't really see why he has to think about this. He very clearly loves the Princess and if he sticks with Saazbaum then he is helping the people who want to kill the Princess... Maybe I could believe him going with Saazbaum if they showed an inner struggle with Slaine though and ultimately decided that Saazbaum had good points that overshadow his love for the Princess.

How convenient though that the base where everyone gathers at just so happened to be one of the ones that Saazbaums allies have control over. I guess that means this war is gonna go on longer. How unlucky for them right? No really, this was actually an asspull because there was no foreshadowing to it beforehand and all it does is extend the series for longer than it had to be. Both plot convenience and an asspull.

You know... I can't help but feel not a lot has happened in this anime... I mean... 10 episodes have gone by and all that happened basically was a city blew up, there were some fights, they got a battleship, now they are at a base. Kind of uneventful to be honest...

NITPICK TIME: How did Saazbaum have the image of the bomb that blew up his fiance? :O (Keep in mind this is not a flaw on the show, it's just a nitpick)
KetenSep 6, 2014 11:30 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2014
Okay, maybe I missed something but why does United Earth headquarters in Novostal'sk (?!) Russia have a GIANT AIRSHIP DOCK THING? I couldn't tell if it was in a lake or just in the snow, but nonetheless, the Terrans do not have airships because they don't have Aldnoah drives; so why is there this giant mouth in the ground (complete with landing lights) perfect for landing huge flying ships?

Overall I found this weeks episode to be excellent even if it was just a tad rushed. Aldnoah Zero is my favorite anime this season (and before you ask, I haven't spent much time with Terror in Resonance yet).
Sep 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah so I didn't really care about her and her stupid dad. Wish she would have shot herself, so we never need to waste screen time on her again.

Stop giving Villains good traits like loyalty, They all still need to die, try make people hate them to the core.
Slaine will probably join the army to leak Intel to the Princess.

Again my wish for IInaho to get punched and tortured did not come true. Waits for next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
Inaho using the defibrillator then CPR to save Seylum.
Didn't really see Rayet being a martian.
Rayet blaming everything on Seylum and Seylum adds even more to her blame.

The United Earth Headquarters! To be temporary save there until it turns to a battlefield, kind of interested on what sort of defensive mechanisms would the base have.
Kinda of sad that the broadcast won't reach past the moon.
The count freeing Slaine and giving him the option to do whatever he wants!

Inaho showing a part of how he feels. Valuing human life like taking the lessons seriously which saved Seylum and stopping Rayet from killing herself in the safest way possible.
Sep 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all. CPR scene was surprising the captain made a good point most people don't really take it serious. I'm amazed Inaho still trusts Rayet after all that but ok lets see if he will regret later. Moving past that it was good that doctor gave the captain Lt Mario files. It looks the final battle is now underway I wonder how this will all get wrapped for this season now?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 2014
I thought the princess would have at least drown(but, yeah, that'd never happen).
Wonder what Slaine's gonna do...

Jul 2014
Ughhhhh. Wish the princess died, or Rayet shot herself. I think Rayet shooting herself would be a really good twist, but noooo. Everything has to go super well. All these characters suck. One of the few times where I don't support either ship. (wait noticed something, the SHIP was going down in the beginning because the princess almost died)
Sep 6, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
Also....

I shot you down Slaine because you could be a danger for the princess
Nah, you are cool Rayet despite what you just did
Either the writing in this show is awful or Inaho is thinking with his dick.
Sep 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
Really nice episode:

Good stuff:

- Everything with Slaine and Saazbaum, they stole the show for me.
- CPR was CPR and was framed as that and not whatever Asseylum and Slaine had in a romantic setting with a romantic ost. Just a painful, brutal and professional one without any ounce of romance.
- Asseylum friendzoning Inaho as it was already confirmed. Earth/Asseylum solidifies.
- Asseylum failing in her mission because I don't think she'll ever go back to Mars.
- Tharsis.

Bad stuff:
- Rayet things... I dislike the reaction from Inaho and Asseylum, specially Inaho's. Looks forced from how he behaved earlier.
- Marito things. Why can't they write him properly again? He used to be my favorite too. :(
Sep 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
helloisabelle said:
Ughhhhh. Wish the princess died, or Rayet shot herself.

I agree. Since the first variant is, unfortunately, impossible, I couldn't help but hope for the second one, even if I knew that it wouldn't happen.
Sep 6, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2010
Sep 6, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2010
Russia the hope of the world.
Sep 6, 2014 11:34 AM
Aug 2014
helloisabelle said:
Ughhhhh. Wish the princess died, or Rayet shot herself. I think Rayet shooting herself would be a really good twist, but noooo. Everything has to go super well. All these characters suck. One of the few times where I don't support either ship. (wait noticed something, the SHIP was going down in the beginning because the princess almost died)

Agreed, I mean it would be sad if either happened, but I appreciate shows that are non-formulaic. Its cool when a show is very human in that anything can happen, and anyone can die. Shows like that make you root for characters you like more earnestly because you don't know who will survive or where the story will go.
Sep 6, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
I want Inaho X Hime. But After this episode i don´t think that going to happen :P Inaho got friendzone before half the show is over :P
Sep 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
The only thing I liked about this episode was the information about the vers empire/planet/society , even if it was short.
Sep 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

- Asseylum friendzoning Inaho as it was already confirmed. Earth/Asseylum solidifies.

Actually they are moving up in their relationship as I see it.

From 2 strangers, 2 people who have the same goal to friends.

Inaho hasn't has romantic feeling for Asseylum yet, as I see it. But he doesn't see her as a tool. He cares for her.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.