Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Shougo and Saki went to the same elementary school and were in the same class..
Even helped her out back then too - during the days where she was being teased.
How nice of him :D
LOL Hase trips and falls on top of Fujimiya, and her mother sees them, creating misunderstanding XD LOL Hase doing his best to clear up the misunderstanding
Kaori's mum is awesome lol

Kujo called her a traitor.. and she also broke a promise huh.
Had a feeling it would end on this note. :(
Jun 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
after I watch this episode I realized that i didn't watch last week's episode...

Very shocking development
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 1, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
That bedroom scene where Hase trips and falls on top of Fujimiya... I knew it was a matter of time before her mom walks in.

Wow, what a douchebag, that transfer student. Seriously, who is still butthurt about an incident like that so many years ago?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 1, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Sageof6Paths said:
Dudewitbow said:
Look at all these people blindly hating one someone who doesn't even know the situation.
I don't despise him fully yet. I understand this guy doesn't know Fujimiya's problem. But perhaps it was a little too far when he flat out called her a traitor and stuff on just the first day. But whether that was too far or not depends on how their past went exactly. I'm also curious to know whether or not he at least knew she was hit by a car.

By logic, he probably doesn't know.

We know that he called her a traitor because she probably broke some promise. The fact that he's moved back to the city from Hokkaido insinuates that in the time between the incident he had moved out. If he had known that she was hit by a car, he would have felt guilty that day as its their promise that got her hurt in the first place. Because of the fact that he never heard about the car accident, one can guess that the faithful day of the crash was the day he was leaving the city, and she probably promised him something and stood him up. I haven't read the manga or anything, but this sounds like the most likely cause of what happened. The guy should be at no fault since he was never informed of anything as he left, and no one but Kaori knew about the promise(and probably him leaving), so he could never get the memo on the incident. He's not your "guy gets mad because he got stood up" but he's probably the guy who really takes promises seriously, and Kaori broke it.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jun 1, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 2013
3 episodes left and Hase's gotta start from square one. Then again, I'm sure she's gonna somehow gain back that feeling from before Hajime was introduced (where she just knew who Hase was). As long as I get a nice Hase x Kaori ending, I'll be happy. :)
Jun 1, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
Become her boyfriend, she'll remember you!
But that's not the problem, I wonder what happened with the transfer student. (I like his hair btw, he looks less bland compared to the rest of the cast)

And Kiryuu is suuuuuuch a good classmate!!
Jun 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Saki and Shougo are so adorable omfg.

I hope they get together, thought that probably won't happen lol.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2014
That cliffhanger OMG! I really want to watch the next episode now!!!

I really love this episode!

The development with Saki and Shogo is really sweet!!
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
Jun 1, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
Kiryuu has such a heart of gold.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 1, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2011
Didn't expect that coming from Saki and Shogo. Sweet!
Jun 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode but that ending, oh man oh man.

Next episode "Friends and Friends" is too vague to get anything out of the title.
Jun 1, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
Lol so stupid. Not at plot twist in the slightest. New transfer student that hinders the series, like I haven't seen that before. I thought the series was great until the end of this episode. Now it just got dumb :( Oh well.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jun 1, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2010
Fujimiya's Mother reaction was priceless xD

Dudewitbow said:
Sageof6Paths said:
Dudewitbow said:
Look at all these people blindly hating one someone who doesn't even know the situation.
I don't despise him fully yet. I understand this guy doesn't know Fujimiya's problem. But perhaps it was a little too far when he flat out called her a traitor and stuff on just the first day. But whether that was too far or not depends on how their past went exactly. I'm also curious to know whether or not he at least knew she was hit by a car.

By logic, he probably doesn't know.

We know that he called her a traitor because she probably broke some promise. The fact that he's moved back to the city from Hokkaido insinuates that in the time between the incident he had moved out. If he had known that she was hit by a car, he would have felt guilty that day as its their promise that got her hurt in the first place. Because of the fact that he never heard about the car accident, one can guess that the faithful day of the crash was the day he was leaving the city, and she probably promised him something and stood him up. I haven't read the manga or anything, but this sounds like the most likely cause of what happened. The guy should be at no fault since he was never informed of anything as he left, and no one but Kaori knew about the promise(and probably him leaving), so he could never get the memo on the incident. He's not your "guy gets mad because he got stood up" but he's probably the guy who really takes promises seriously, and Kaori broke it.

You must be right. From the looks of it, if Hase realized that misunderstanding, he will try to get the two clear to get along:

Ive just realize something:

fidelbuds10Jun 1, 2014 7:58 PM
Jun 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
First half was good, second half was br00tal. accidental fall on top of girl + transfer student = no
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 1, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
*** you Kujo! >:(

Things aren't looking good for Hase. I'm guessing that's the guy she wanted to meet up with when she was a kid (and the reason why she got in an accident). Just so the author can crush our hearts even more, she'll get closer with the guy while her memory of Hase would be as "normal friend." And seeing how Hase isn't the most confident guy, he'll back off. Just thinking about this possible scenario depresses me. Someone hold me T____T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 1, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2010
nOOOooo. I knew he would screw things up, but this bad?
Predictable but it still sucks.

FenixDragon43Jun 1, 2014 6:21 PM
Jun 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
Kaori's mom is just priceless
Jun 1, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
This is why I don't like transfer students or characters with late introduction in anime :/
Jun 1, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
The idea of summer homework... I'm so glad I never had any during school :P

Kaori really likes math, twas a nice speech.

After the parting scene I'm totally shipping Kiryu and Saki now ;)

"There was dust in your hair." Seriously :P

"Sorry to interrupt!" I love how the Kaori's Mom is totally shipping them ;)

Well that escalated at the end. So everything is linked to that promise she made with her childhood friend... at least she still has her diary.
Jun 1, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
man everything was going so well until that guy came in. fujimiya so sensitive though, one comment by a guy she doesnt remember and she has a mental episode. ruthless
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 1, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
Oh no Kaori lost her memories of everyone again. I wonder what the promise she made with Kujou is?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 1, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Kaori's mom is awesome.

But, nooooooooo that ending. Drama incoming, getting past this will push the romance further though, and solve the mystery.
Jun 1, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
that falling on each other thing happens in every anime ever, but it never gets old. It's always funny.

The way Kaori said "n" when they left her house was so cute, it actually made me laugh out loud.

I KNEW she wouldn't remember anything when she woke up. I KNEW it. that's so cruel..
Jun 1, 2014 7:47 PM
Jun 2014
I don't know why but I like Hajime. :| ((please don't let me be the only one</3))
Double Rainbow all the way.
Jun 1, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2012
Ah crap, my heart was not ready for her to lose her memories again. This show hurts too much. T.T
Jun 1, 2014 8:37 PM

Apr 2014
Don't hate Hajime yet, relax. Anyways Instead of One Week Friends they should rename it Forever Friend Zoned. HAHAHAHAHA j/k it gets better ;)
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Jun 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
A new shipped couple, a new philosophy about math, a ship moment between Hase and Fujimiya and a dramatic moment at the end. Why is this anime so good?
Jun 1, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
I would usually hate drama like the ending of this episode, but this series built up so finely I actually felt despair more than anger or annoyance...

I don't follow the manga, but im guessing Fujimiya got into that accident when she made a promise to that transfer student as a kid but never made it to location on time.. thus he felt she betrayed him and when she tried to contact him he brushed her off aka traumatised lovers quarrel /hah/

Well, I'm hoping for a nice bitter-sweet ending to this series *u*
Jun 1, 2014 9:10 PM
Aug 2011
Based on the manga's status, my guess is we're heading for a friendship ending that leaves open the possibility for another season in 2-3 years.
Jun 1, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
jzmagic said:
Based on the manga's status, my guess is we're heading for a friendship ending that leaves open the possibility for another season in 2-3 years.

This anime can be wrapped up in one season, its really not that complicated.
Jun 1, 2014 9:55 PM

May 2012
FInally it got a lot more interesing.
Jun 1, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2013
That time when the beta couple became more interesting than the main couple...

Get that girl her notebook, STAT!
Jun 1, 2014 10:06 PM
Jun 2011
i dont think this thing with hajime will drag too long becouse one of the good points of this show is it not drag things too long
Jun 1, 2014 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Well, this is episode 9 so we still have enough episodes left to deal with this arc and have a good season end. I haven't seen any news on what is happening to the manga, but if it is continuing I don't think we can hope for more than that.

Shougo x Saki...big win!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 1, 2014 10:43 PM

May 2013
The reaction of Kaori's mom was so funny. I like those kind of supporting characters. Really brings in the mood for me to enjoy this kind of stuff.

That ending, was uncalled for. Just hand her the notebook and everything will be like always. The transfer student has a promise he made with Kaori. She broke that promise as stated by him.
Jun 1, 2014 11:07 PM

May 2012
Kyaaaa Yamagishi x Kiryuu <3

But, the ending... </3
Jun 1, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
From the highest of hopes to the deepest of despair in a few short hours! This was a bitter-sweet episode to be sure. It is obvious that Kujo is the source of Kaori's trauma and the root cause of her memory issues. The question is: how much of a pain will he be in Hase's backside?

From watching the preview, those scenes don't match the next couple of manga chapters at all, so they are either skipping ahead (which wouldn't be a big deal, since the two manga chapters after this one that I have been able to read were not really that good) or it is going to be an anime-original ending... Either way, I hope she works through her problems and she and Hase can be honest with each other about their feelings in the next three episodes, or they announce a 2nd season at the end!
Jun 1, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was so boring I just flicked through it until the new guy showed up. Finally someone that doesn't treat Fujimiya like a fucking goddess for no reason. It was still dull and predictable, but at least something finally happened.
Jun 1, 2014 11:36 PM

Aug 2013
Ah... I ship Shougo and Saki <3
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Jun 2, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2010
Manga is only about 1 episode ahead of things

I think they'll be aiming to wrap up within the next 3 episodes
Jun 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
The beginning of this episode was nice and calm as usual. The Shougo and Saki moment was really cute.
This is the first time I don't feel happy after watching an episode of this series. I feel so bad for Hase.
Jun 2, 2014 1:44 AM

Aug 2012
Well that ending was just wow, back to square one?
Jun 2, 2014 2:01 AM

Jun 2012
I really should be doing my own homework right now. Exams ahoy ><
Jun 2, 2014 2:01 AM

Feb 2013
is that the first time shogo smiled? lol
Jun 2, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2010
Best phrase from Saki so far:"I forget summer holiday would end"
Shougo is such a saint behind his cool character, watching over Saki was very nice back in the days

There were plenty sweet moment of Yuuki and Kaori throughout, it sadly ended negatively with Hajime showing up stirring up her memories
Jun 2, 2014 4:02 AM

May 2013
I super love you Shoubro *brofist again*

But still, I understand Kujo in his situation, if you are in his position waiting for a friend but didn't show up, wouldn't you be angry? But yeah, it was too harsh from him, saying that words.

And also, when I saw Kaori woke up, I assumed that she already forgot Yuki but I'm still sad for him.

Boombawks said:
Golden time haters liking this? lolwut

Because, Banri = Kaori? It makes sense.

SweetCoconutJun 2, 2014 4:06 AM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 2, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
1. Kiryu x yamagishi confirmed; fujimiya's mom wanted hase to fall on fujimiya

2. It really got serious at the end, especially with those dark colors.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 2, 2014 5:09 AM

Feb 2010
Last part of Episode 9 never happened.

nahhh. This is even getting better, just don't get on to those shitty love triangles.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 2, 2014 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Good ep, I'm really liking the development between Saki and Shougo, I hope they get more treatment in the last few episodes.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.