Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it's nice to know Marika is trying to make friends while adapting with her new life. I mean, she did accept herself as a teenager kid at this point. Also got focus on Mai and her job. It's not easy to adjust to a new job but I think she can manage. Very lucky Mai has great friends to support her.

Episode also goes to show Keisuke and his life too. It's not even easy being an adult in this show, regardless what timeline they're in.
Stark700Oct 13, 7:03 AM
Oct 13, 7:02 AM
Sep 2023
the feel is not hit as hard as episodes one and two. but still, damn. I expected an FBI meme from the title, but It turns out this anime is full of feel truck that hit hard.
Oct 13, 7:16 AM

Dec 2021
See, it'd be one thing to think that Keisuke would fall in love with another woman if you were a relative or friend that didn't know much about him, BUT YOU ARE HIS DAUGTHER... and you really think he'd fall in love with someone else that isn't Marika...????

And that excuse was so just lame, "a woman so young as well"... ???? Feels did hit again near the end, so all's well, I guess.

Oct 13, 7:50 AM

May 2015
I can't help it but after three episodes this anime still creeps me out from time to time. I don't know what I expected based on its premise.
IshitatesoOct 13, 10:35 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Oct 13, 8:05 AM

Jul 2016
The undying love Niijima has for Takae even after her reincarnation is sweet and all but sheesh, dude's way too chill about publicly telling people an elementary school kid is his wife. Surprised they didn't agree on the niece coverup sooner (or if they did, that our guy's too lovestruck to stick to it lol)
Oct 13, 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Emotional rollercoaster in this episode. I still can’t shake this sense of dread hanging over this show because you know how they’re living won’t be able to last. It’s just not socially acceptable for the MC to be with an elementary schooler and Keisuke is way too quick to tell people Takae is his wife 😭 dawg she’s like 10

The fireworks date with Moriya was so cute, but I feel so bad for her getting in the middle of this. Mai reacted like many teenagers would at seeing their dad get a gf after their mom died. She’s had so much trauma over the years that she kinda stopped developing when her mom died and we see that at points in the show. Science has shown that people who experience traumatic events actually get frozen in that point in time. For example, it’s why Batman dresses up like a bat and acts like a knight in shining armour, he’s still a big kid who wants to save people.

I couldn’t help but laugh when Mai said Moriya was too young for her dad when he’s hanging with an elementary schooler tho 😭 obviously she doesn’t see her mom as that,.. but still funny af. Speaking of Mai tho, I got a feeling that guy she met at work will be her love interest eventually. Also the daddy daughter bonding moment at the end of the episode was so sweet. Respect to Keisuke for actually apologising to his daughter for not being there at times.

We ended on a happy note, but again you just know shit isn’t gonna last like this. Eventually they will have to let go and move forward with people appropriate for them in this life
Marinate1016Oct 13, 10:11 AM
Oct 13, 9:53 AM

Jan 2024
Marinate1016 said:
I still can’t shake this sense of dread hanging over these episodes because you know how they’re living won’t be able to last. It’s just not socially acceptable for the MC to be with an elementary schooler

I feel the same way. The wholesome moments with the family are nice, but they can't live like that forever.
Oct 13, 10:29 AM

Jan 2018
This episode brought some drama. I liked it.

Mai's initial reaction to Moriya and her dad was understandable. She didn't know her. Moriya was a complete stranger to her. And since in the past 10 years, Keisuke didn't really interact with her that much it makes sense why she'd jump to conclusions. I also noticed Mai's love interest was probably introduced in this episode. Wonder how that'll turn out. Once she also gets a taste of workplace romance maybe she'll become more forgiving towards her father lol.

I think it's respectable that Takae was okay with Keisuke remarrying at some point. Even if she'd prefer it if Keisuke loved her and her alone. Keisuke might feel like he can only love Takae now but I think he might fall for Moriya eventually. We'll see.

This anime has been great so far. This episode was filled with feels. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Oct 13, 10:37 AM
Feb 2024
IzanaSolos said:
See, it'd be one thing to think that Keisuke would fall in love with another woman if you were a relative or friend that didn't know much about him, BUT YOU ARE HIS DAUGTHER... and you really think he'd fall in love with someone else that isn't Marika...????

And that excuse was so just lame, "a woman so young as well"... ???? Feels did hit again near the end, so all's well, I guess.

the problem is that the coworker is almost the same age as mai i understend why she would be upset about it and no sh didnt think he has feels for her she is just shocked by seeyng his father with another woman, i had that experience too and is not that easy to be okay with it add that her mother is still there with them and is a normal reaction.
Oct 13, 11:11 AM
Jul 2024
This show both hits me in the feels & confuses me at the same time. Is that supposed to be possible? Am I the only one??
Oct 13, 11:14 AM
Feb 2015
I feel like the show is losing more comedy and is becoming more drama-filled, wouldn't mind that too much if the tags since the start had drama instead of comedy
We haven't seen the crazy lady yet this episode but given where this show could go, comedy could end up just disappearing from it so I hope nothing grave happens or else this show will end up becoming unpalatable, I watch anime to have fun, not to stress about insufferable characters
Oct 13, 11:18 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to 20hazmibachtiar
the feel is not hit as hard as episodes one and two. but still, damn. I expected an FBI meme from the title, but It turns out this anime is full of feel truck that hit hard.
@20hazmibachtiar lol would you rather feels truck or the isekai truck?
wait

..........isekai = reincarnation
takae reincarnated................wE'Ve cRAckEd ThE cOdE BOis 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Oct 13, 11:19 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Sheol01
This show both hits me in the feels & confuses me at the same time. Is that supposed to be possible? Am I the only one??
@Sheol01 Nah, I'm there with you. The scene near the end hit pretty hard. But also, as others have said: They can't live like that forever.

I actually thought that his colleague would be his start for moving on, but now it seems the situation has regressed with the unofficial marriage document. Likely they just need time... at least I hope this doesn't go the pedo route for real.
Oct 13, 11:22 AM
Oct 2020
Peak .It just gets better every ep
Oct 13, 11:32 AM
Jul 2016
Dam, Love This EP.
Oct 13, 11:40 AM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Nothing is easy for Keisuke, Marika and Mai...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
So much unnecessary drama could be avoided if Niijima and Takae simply sat down like adults ONCE and talk about what THEY want for the future.

But no, let's push away the work colleague, but let's also not allow Niijima to get too close to his reborn wife. Basically, he mustn't ever again have sex. Thank you?
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Oct 13, 12:34 PM

Jun 2019
One of the better romantic dramas and family dramas I've seen in anime in a good while now.

Of course, I've been mainly watching more and more seasonals these past few years, so I'm not talking about older anime, but it's definitely already one of the better and more appealing ones I've seen from any seasonal within the past three to four years. There may be some I missed and didn't watch, but that's also because the premise just didn't appeal to me enough, whereas this has a grade A premise. How beautifully messy to see how they'll attempt to navigate life, individually and collectively, from here on out.
Oct 13, 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
The only part I did not like in this episode was at the end where tanetsuke oji-san Nijima made her sign a make believe marriage contract. That was a step backward on his journey of dropping the copium and LET GO. He needs to accept that his waifu is dead and has to build up his life anew. I liked how Takae pointed out that he has failed his daughter during his time and wallowed in despair.

I am eager to see how the characters in the series grows and what other drama can come up.
Oct 13, 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Aww that ending was so sweet. Takae wanting her husband to move on and have a new wife if so desired, yet feeling genuine happiness when he says he still loves her.

Daughter's reaction makes sense too. It's a unique and complicated situation.

Speaking of husband, damn is Keisuke a dense and dumb MF. How many times can you forget not to call a kid your wife in public! Get your shit together Keisuke!
Oct 13, 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
HansDevX said:
He needs to accept that his waifu is dead and has to build up his life anew.
Easier said than done lol. I mean, she's legally dead but she's still physically there in different flesh. It's complicated.
I still think the show will keep pushing towards the idea of "moving on" anyways (instead of the two getting "re-married" when Marika becomes adult). Daughter and husband will have to accept her death (as Takae) and let Marika go her separate way. I don't think they'll have to sever bonds entirely though. They can be friends instead of wife/mom. I think it's simply too early for them to move on though. Right now they're still in shock from all the reincarnation and reunion surprise. It may take years for them to accept change (feel sorry for Moriya the colleague).
Oct 13, 3:28 PM

Nov 2016
We keep going strong with this one. Sweet ending to this episode, which makes me think that this the perfect watch for a cozy fall Sunday. But as others said, this may not necessarily end on happy note.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 4:00 PM

Jul 2022
Third episode. Third time crying. :")

Both Mai and Sosuke have taken a big step towards living on their own because, let’s be honest, Takae will eventually disappear; maybe once her main goal has been achieved…

Back to the topic. Keisuke was never a good father when it came to being there for his daughter after her mother’s death. And I don’t criticize him; that’s just how things are. It’s normal not to be able to pull yourself together once someone incredibly special disappears from your life in an instant. It hasn’t been easy for either Keisuke or Mai. Each of them retreated into their own world of solitude, refusing to share the sad and painful aspects of those worlds with each other. However, Keisuke made the mistake of isolating himself. Mai, barely a teenager, found it more difficult to cope with her mother’s death. She never got over the grief and would never stop loving her. The absence of her father resulted in her holding onto every memory of her mother as the only thing that was the best and irreplaceable for her entire life, without any change or anyone else. If Keisuke had intervened with his daughter back then, they would have dealt with the pain together, slowly opening their hearts and, over the years, seeing the memory of her mother not as the root of their drive to move forward but as a reason that allowed them to advance for themselves and for each other, letting opportunities form and happiness be created again. I don’t blame Keisuke for everything either, because who wouldn’t cry in silence for that person with whom you were sure you would grow old. What I’m saying is that, given the situation, looking up is the best way to move forward.

Another episode that hits the heart. I can’t imagine how the others will be. Truly beautiful.
Oct 13, 4:09 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to MyllerPhiem
So much unnecessary drama could be avoided if Niijima and Takae simply sat down like adults ONCE and talk about what THEY want for the future.

But no, let's push away the work colleague, but let's also not allow Niijima to get too close to his reborn wife. Basically, he mustn't ever again have sex. Thank you?
@MyllerPhiem What I understand is that they want to recover for a while the moments that were lost during 10 years, until eventually Niijima and Mai end up accepting the reality of things. Although I can't draw conclusions and answers on how to react to a surreal scenario like seeing a reincarnated relative.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Oct 13, 4:15 PM

Apr 2012
The episode was going so well in helping Keisuke move on and be free of grief that's been holding him back. Then that part about signing a paper as a promise to stay together was the biggest L a simp would only think of.

Takae, who's supposed to be wisest in the room, felt that staying together to continue being a family was the right choice when she knew down the road was a bad idea.

I was holding my breath when she jumped for joy in slow motion while being illuminated by what seemed to be headlighs.

I was like "NO F*CKN WAY!"

Janethan23Oct 13, 4:40 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 13, 5:28 PM

Jul 2016
Last third of the episode was truly moving. Only wish Keisuke was less dense and dumb smh.

So, romance route with Moriya will be on standby for now? Understandable but what a shame.
Oct 13, 5:33 PM

Sep 2018
This guy looks too much like Isekai Ojisan's moderately better looking Brother, it's off putting lol

I kind of wish the writing was a bit tighter, instead of this melodrama and cheesier tropes, but it's not too bad.
GakutoDeathGlareOct 13, 5:54 PM
Oct 13, 7:45 PM
Oct 2018
Original premise (I think) and there’s so many ways this can go for all the characters involved. Right now they are trying to go back to living in the past but it just can’t work out that way long term. I see lots of feels coming. One of my fav shows this season.
Oct 13, 9:30 PM

May 2019
Yeah it seems like the family has regressed in that they are not moving on since Keisuke came up with a ridiculous contract which I assume he did to alleviate his daughter's fears of him falling for another woman.

I figured after last week's episode that both Keisuke and eventually Takae would end up with different spouses since I don't see both of them living together again... unless he waits until she turns 18 but I don't see that happening.
Oct 14, 1:34 AM

Jul 2015
Mai is projecting. She subconsciously (or maybe is totally aware but can't argue) knows that her mom and dad can't continue their relationship, yet she still very much wants to go back to those happy times they spent together, so she tried to rationalize her argument that her dad hitting on someone younger (but still legal) is "disgusting", while is totally aware that's the exact reason her parents can't be together anymore.

Oct 14, 3:11 AM

Feb 2014
The situation with Keisuke, Takae and Mai is complex and tough to navigate around where all three of them are happy. It made for a very interesting episode when the drama kicked in after Mai saw Keisuke together with Moriya at the festival.

Considering how difficult it has been for both Keisuke and Mai after losing Takae in the past, even supposedly simple "solutions" won't do much to help. Neither of them are perfect in any way and judgemental remarks and opinions is something that will likely still happen. With this in mind, having Takae here is the best thing for Keisuke and Mai to be able to heal the pain from the past.

Having said that, I was a bit surprised that they all agreed with the pretend marriage certificate idea. As long as all three of them are happy with the idea, then that can only be a good thing for now. Still, I see this as being a short term plan as at some point sooner or later, Keisuke and Mai should be able to spread their wings and do things that they want without being held back. Takae herself is fine if Keisuke falls in love with another women and Moriya is a rather kind lady, so they would make for a nice couple if the series does go down that route. If that does happen, then I hope Mai can be more accepting of it compared to her current stance right now.

I do see them having more obstacles to overcome in the future, where they might end up going back a step or two before progressing forwards. That one prospect is why I'm enjoying this series and how this complex situation might be resolved. It's not for everyone, but I do like what I've seen so far. =)
Oct 14, 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode, but as one who had read ~half the manga so far I feel like I was on a speedtrain. They have missed a lot, and I mean A LOT of scenes. While I do noticed some changes and I do understand that they have changed them for the sake of fitting everything nicely in 12 episodes I do hope they will not change too much. And that they will include the scenes missed so far later in the story.
Oct 14, 4:37 AM

Dec 2021
...man, I think I got a theory.

I mean, it just seems like it's being too heavily foreshadowed for it to happen any other way. :(
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Oct 14, 6:00 AM
Apr 2024
I am happy they still want to be together as a family, but Marika got her own problem to deal with.
Oct 14, 6:43 AM

Jan 2021
MC being this dumb is the only thing that pisses me off
Oct 14, 6:57 AM
Oct 2021
To be honest, I absolutely hate this episode. In the first episode, the idea of moving on from her death was introduced by Takae and this should be the important message and the main idea of this series. HOWEVER, it completely scrap this idea off and they just decide to live on with the miracle that aren't supposed to happen. Also, the marriage scene totally creeps me out. She is his former wife but WHY did he decide to marry with an elemtary girl that also has her own life with her new family. In my opinion, this episode is an ABSOLUTE TRASH.
Oct 14, 8:20 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to Fuji_japan
To be honest, I absolutely hate this episode. In the first episode, the idea of moving on from her death was introduced by Takae and this should be the important message and the main idea of this series. HOWEVER, it completely scrap this idea off and they just decide to live on with the miracle that aren't supposed to happen. Also, the marriage scene totally creeps me out. She is his former wife but WHY did he decide to marry with an elemtary girl that also has her own life with her new family. In my opinion, this episode is an ABSOLUTE TRASH.
@Fuji_japan What happened near the end is a symbolic act because a "miracle" happens in circumstances that are too unrealistic to imagine what would have been better. What I can understand is that they will be wanting to relive a little of what they had lost for a while, and eventually they will come to terms with things.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Oct 14, 9:56 AM

Jul 2022
Another episode, and another moment i'm on the brink of crying. The characters feel so well written and they're all wonderful. Things have been going quite well until now, a few humps and bumps but nothing huge, which honestly makes me a bit scared. Takaes new abusive mother will play a larger picture soon, that is quite obvious, and while i do hope Takae manages to move away from her, the intro kinda makes me think there will be some kind of redemption arc for her instead. I'll be guessing we'll see more of her next episode since Takae never got home before the episode ended, and she did not go straight home after the fireworks as she said...

Mai is going strong, keeping up the good work while trying to deal with her changing family situation.
I truly do wish her the best!

【Nawic】
Enjoy the shows you love, relish the feelings you have,
but never forget to keep an open mind.
Challenge yourself and you'll truly find your own thoughts and feelings.

Oct 14, 10:40 AM

Dec 2022
Because they are such a great family just watching them in this situation is anxiety filling. The situation with Takae seems really bad and her hanging out with Keisuke could also lead to all sorts of trouble knowing Japan
Oct 14, 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
Man, I didn't include this in my initial post in the thread because I felt no need to voice it and address it specifically then at the time, and I was just leaving a brief general comment, remaking on the series positively in a general sense in that I've been pleased with how the premise has been explored thus far (notwithstanding rushing or cuts of a lot of mateiral from the source material to fit a certain episode count and runtime, which is something so frequently the case in anime and everything else adapted from written work or even video games that I just don't care and try not to dwell on it or let it sully my independent experience of the anime, unless it in and of itself as its own product is noticeably visibly rushed to the point of incoherence or everything in the story feeling undermined).

But since I revisited this thread and saw so many people trashing this episode and some of the plot development - specifically the direction taken in the last portion of the episode with the marriage contract - I just wanted to put it out there that at least not all of the viewership feels this way and it isn't some uniform universal stance or opinion, as I absolutely loved that development and their commitment to try to work around their current physical circumstances and individual life constraints (of age, being legally in different families now, different stations of grade school student vs. office worker and young adult trying out new jobs and starting a career) to try to restore as much as is currently feasible of their former lives together as much as possible for as long as possible - maybe even toward a successful happy end together (though I won't fault or dislike the series if it doesn't go that direction, just as long as whichever direction they do go is thoughtful enough and well-executed).

Basically, I was already enjoying the series but that ending scene gave me even more hope for it, that even if/when they can't physically implement and put into practice being back together again as a couple or single family unit of three officially or legally, that they will at least strive toward that and honoring it in spirit as much as humanly possible and their time and distance allows.

Ultimately it is a romance series and they are the main couple, separated by a tragic fate and a premature death. Now, romance series don't always have to involve the main characters being the ones who are directly romantically involved with each other, and even if it does, it doesn't have to end with them getting and staying together in the end or a "classic" happy ending. Obviously. It can remain steeped in tragedy throughout and have a bitter or inconclusive ending. There can be all kinds of twists on and variations of the formula. And it can still be a great story and artistic achievement (sometimes even better for having the gumption to end tragically or in an open-ended manner subject to interpretation, or to otherwise buck expectations). But the main characters still having romantic feelings and familial love for the other and wanting to remain together and a family in some way in some form for the rest of their lives or as long as possible is the most logical, natural, expected thing in the world. I'll never understand why so many folks watch these types of series only to hate the idea of and actively root against the main featured couple somehow working out or finding a way to overcome the odds. The greatest miracle and odd overcome, after all, was a reincarnation with the wife's consciousness intact coming back to Earth in a new body to begin with. The magic of the universe has already been glimpsed. Death itself conquered and circumvented. Everything else is child's play by comparison.

In line with that, I also appreciated Keisuke's comment about him having no intention to marry anyone else for these past 10 years before she re-entered their lives, despite what others like some of his co-workers told him as advice. And for him still having no such intention, and not considering it right or something he was personally onboard with, to remarry just to satisfy his personal loneliness when his heart wasn't in it and that wasn't what he truly wanted. I found that really honest, noble, respectable, and beautiful. There is no one right answer on how to live your life, how to process grief and the loss of immediate family members, or how to pick up the pieces and what to do with your life afterward and what exact form the rest of that life takes. He was honest with himself in recognizing that he wasn't just a person who could just move on, easily enough remarry, and live a completely different life from what he had previously set on and envisioned. And that is commendable. Know thyself.

Hopefully the series will continue to have balls and a vision. I'm rooting for them and this small family, most definitely.
WatchTillTandavaOct 14, 11:56 AM
Oct 14, 11:23 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Fuji_japan
@Fuji_japan exactly my thoughts, hated the direction in this ep, but this is just a beginning, at some point they should realise that this is a total mess
Oct 14, 7:57 PM

Feb 2013
This is literally an impossible relationship and if it was real it would end up hurting everyone. Just my opinion though. Also, it seems like Takae has an abusive Mother now and that seems to be a dumpster fire waiting to happen. Not sure if I can keep watching honestly.
Oct 15, 5:17 AM

Apr 2012
WatchTillTandava said:
Man, I didn't include this in my initial post in the thread because I felt no need to voice it and address it specifically then at the time, and I was just leaving a brief general comment, remaking on the series positively in a general sense in that I've been pleased with how the premise has been explored thus far (notwithstanding rushing or cuts of a lot of mateiral from the source material to fit a certain episode count and runtime, which is something so frequently the case in anime and everything else adapted from written work or even video games that I just don't care and try not to dwell on it or let it sully my independent experience of the anime, unless it in and of itself as its own product is noticeably visibly rushed to the point of incoherence or everything in the story feeling undermined).

But since I revisited this thread and saw so many people trashing this episode and some of the plot development - specifically the direction taken in the last portion of the episode with the marriage contract - I just wanted to put it out there that at least not all of the viewership feels this way and it isn't some uniform universal stance or opinion, as I absolutely loved that development and their commitment to try to work around their current physical circumstances and individual life constraints (of age, being legally in different families now, different stations of grade school student vs. office worker and young adult trying out new jobs and starting a career) to try to restore as much as is currently feasible of their former lives together as much as possible for as long as possible - maybe even toward a successful happy end together (though I won't fault or dislike the series if it doesn't go that direction, just as long as whichever direction they do go is thoughtful enough and well-executed).

Basically, I was already enjoying the series but that ending scene gave me even more hope for it, that even if/when they can't physically implement and put into practice being back together again as a couple or single family unit of three officially or legally, that they will at least strive toward that and honoring it in spirit as much as humanly possible and their time and distance allows.

Ultimately it is a romance series and they are the main couple, separated by a tragic fate and a premature death. Now, romance series don't always have to involve the main characters being the ones who are directly romantically involved with each other, and even if it does, it doesn't have to end with them getting and staying together in the end or a "classic" happy ending. Obviously. It can remain steeped in tragedy throughout and have a bitter or inconclusive ending. There can be all kinds of twists on and variations of the formula. And it can still be a great story and artistic achievement (sometimes even better for having the gumption to end tragically or in an open-ended manner subject to interpretation, or to otherwise buck expectations). But the main characters still having romantic feelings and familial love for the other and wanting to remain together and a family in some way in some form for the rest of their lives or as long as possible is the most logical, natural, expected thing in the world. I'll never understand why so many folks watch these types of series only to hate the idea of and actively root against the main featured couple somehow working out or finding a way to overcome the odds. The greatest miracle and odd overcome, after all, was a reincarnation with the wife's consciousness intact coming back to Earth in a new body to begin with. The magic of the universe has already been glimpsed. Death itself conquered and circumvented. Everything else is child's play by comparison.

In line with that, I also appreciated Keisuke's comment about him having no intention to marry anyone else for these past 10 years before she re-entered their lives, despite what others like some of his co-workers told him as advice. And for him still having no such intention, and not considering it right or something he was personally onboard with, to remarry just to satisfy his personal loneliness when his heart wasn't in it and that wasn't what he truly wanted. I found that really honest, noble, respectable, and beautiful. There is no one right answer on how to live your life, how to process grief and the loss of immediate family members, or how to pick up the pieces and what to do with your life afterward and what exact form the rest of that life takes. He was honest with himself in recognizing that he wasn't just a person who could just move on, easily enough remarry, and live a completely different life from what he had previously set on and envisioned. And that is commendable. Know thyself.

Hopefully the series will continue to have balls and a vision. I'm rooting for them and this small family, most definitely.

The saying Till death do you part takes full effect here. Takae is no longer married to Keisuke. By some freakish miracle, she's back, but it seems just as a guide or a messenger to her family that everything is going to be alright. Keisuke is the problem here making dumb decisions for the family. He's blinded at the fact that his wife is back yet in reality, it is no longer as Takae, but as Marika, who has a whole new life ahead of her, which Keisuke is directly imposing on her. It's completely unfair and idiotic for Mai and Marika to be held back by Keisuke's unwillingness to let go and move on. He's a fool and a very selfish one.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 15, 6:00 AM

Jun 2019
Janethan23 said:
The saying Till death do you part takes full effect here. Takae is no longer married to Keisuke. By some freakish miracle, she's back, but it seems just as a guide or a messenger to her family that everything is going to be alright. Keisuke is the problem here making dumb decisions for the family. He's blinded at the fact that his wife is back yet in reality, it is no longer as Takae, but as Marika, who has a whole new life ahead of her, which Keisuke is directly imposing on her. It's completely unfair and idiotic for Mai and Marika to be held back by Keisuke's unwillingness to let go and move on. He's a fool and a very selfish one.

A lot of it depends in large part on what the other two, his wife and daughter, want as well. Despite his daughter being their child and his wife being reincarnated in the body of a now-10 year-old elementary schooler, neither are actual children. The daughter is a 20-something year-old young adult and the wife has the full intact consciousness of a full-grown 40 year-old adult, wife, and mother. No one involved has the mind of a young child or is being coerced in any way. I believe people themselves individually know better what they themselves truly want than anyone else in this world, rather than anyone else on their behalf. Unless we're talking in certain cases with young kids, the brain damaged/mentally-impaired (mentally retarded, dementia patients, etc.), and such.

The daughter, if anything, was equally if not even moreso than Keisuke hellbent on restoring what they can of their old life as a single family unit and making this work, and the wife, despite trying to put on a brave face and partially pretend otherwise that that wasn't what her reappearance and re-entry into their lives was about, admitted her true feelings while alone immediately after that scene when walking home, that hearing Keisuke maintained this degree of love and devotion all this time and his resolve to re-commit to the recognition of their marriage, made her supremely happy and had her literally jumping for joy in the streets.

Now, that may change later on on any or all of their parts and there will almost certainly be some misunderstandings and hurt feelings, conflicts and difficulties and hurdles to overcome. It may not even work out in the end. But so far I'm not seeing it as an unworkable thing. This ship has buoyant sails.
WatchTillTandavaOct 15, 6:11 AM
Oct 15, 7:43 AM

Jul 2023
Takae even is for team Morimiya. yay! I believe she is the end game, but for now, they'll have to enjoy the time little Takae is with them.

I'm just afraid what will happen to her once she gets home.
Oct 15, 7:48 AM

Jul 2017
Mai getting along great in her new job, and the fireworks certainly made a mark on the family once before, and even now.

Other than the fireworks that leaves Keisuke alone, Mai is left alone to handle a client's son of Kenji Aikawa who's the very definition of unteachable. At least for the mother and daughter, they can make it to the fireworks event, with Keisuke happening to be going there also, but with Moriya and her friend of Shiori Kikuchi who clearly senses a potential pair between her friend and Keisuke. And by sheer coincidence, both husband and wife were able to convene together and watch the fireworks, even if it's for the moment before Moriya showed up with the over-obsessive wife misunderstanding.

Keisuke's conventional slip of the tongue just shows how much he loves Takae, but the slight misunderstanding that Mai has to witness their near-romantic moment, which is exacerbated by their relationship not just as coworkers, a broken family doesn't need more than a stranger to enter their life and make the family whole again. At least it is to Mai's understanding that she could have her mother again by sheer coincidence going back to her 10-year-old self, cherishing the family as they did in the past, into the present.

A marriage bond for the Niijimas, it's not easy to maintain such a bizarre situation such as this.
Oct 15, 8:02 AM
Jul 2020
yup! .. couldn't have a cozy, nice , calming show without including FUCKING JACK SHIT DRAMA IN IT NOW CAN WE?! couldn't even finish the fucking episode.
okay story .. you won!
the story is about the widowed man and his daughter learning to live without their mother.. that's the plot.
the coworker is there merely to plant problems and jealousy
i don't give a single JACK SHIT about the concept of older men marrying younger women; women's advantage is in their fertility , men's advantage is in their ability to provide resources.
that's how nature worked always, you refuse to see someone 40 ish getting along with 20 ish? tie yourself a noose for all THE FUCKS I CAN GIVE!
they first had to include the CURSED DEMON of a "sorry excuse for a mother" and now it's suddenly "daddy is a fucking cheater and a playboy" because of a stupid misunderstanding situation where he helped his coworker not break her skull!
yeah! HE'S CHEATING ON YOUR FUCKING SCHOOL GIRL MOM, AND YOU AREN'T GOING TO ACCEPT ANY STRANGER INTO THE FAMILY REPLACING YOUR MOM!
i'm not here for drama .. i'm here for humor and coziness.
this show is a cursed back stab.
for me, the show is over. DROP.
the story is ALREADY foreshadowing how it will end...
they'll learn to live without their mom, most likely he'll get married to his coworker, and his daughter will get married to the guy she taught how to make the homepage thingy ..
the intro song already foreshadowed everything.
FUCK THIS SHOW, FUCK ITS PLOT, FUCK ITS DRAMA.... AND FUCK MYSELF FOR WATCHING IT.
this TRASH twist reminds me
of another "filler jack shit" they did with Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season .. why start a pointless CURSED drama, when you already established a good plot? don't care anymore
you can't pay me to care anymore. game over.
score 0 dropped.
Oct 15, 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
Keisuke's friendship with his coworker really complicated things His promise to never remarry cheered Mai and Takae up
Oct 15, 3:26 PM

Jul 2021
I can't take any more of the dad's stupidity. It's just not funny or charming. This man really was going to introduce an elementary-school girl to a stranger as his wife? Casually dropping that he's known this girl for 30 years, unprompted? These aren't slip-ups, it's willful self-sabotage.

Equally irritating is the daughter's childish tantrums. She couldn't keep up appearances at the fireworks to avoid embarrassing her dad, his co-worker and her MOM, the actual "wronged" party? I get that she's had difficulty with people, but she's too old to be whining to her mom about how she's upset about this situation. And the show is taking her side on this, about the three of them needing to stay together no matter what. "Forever and ever," like a little girl would say.

The marriage document idea felt misguided. There wasn't anything in the episode that indicated any danger of them actually growing distant and becoming strangers. If anything, these people should each learn to live more independently from each other, for practical considerations and for their own mental health. By all means, stay as a family, but signing a piece of paper feels a little clingy. And frankly lame. Maybe the creators were worried about the optics of the couple (re-)exchanging their wedding vows in a romantic setting...

The mom fares much better as a character, but her know-it-all, fix-it-all attitude is starting to grate, too. She's just casually shouldering all her family's burden, meeting their emotional and practical needs (I still can't get over the fact that her family's cool with her making their lunch), even when she's the one carrying the heaviest burden. How she's ordering them around and telling them what to think makes them look even more incompetent and unlikable, and I almost resent the mom for covering for them and enabling this.

I still think the idea can go places, and it does feel like the show's still in the prologue/set-up stage of the story. But it's just becoming more and more difficult to stomach.

Maybe it would've been better if the show was just a light-hearted comedy about wacky hijinks in a ridiculous situation. Or, it could've focused on being a heartbreaking psychological drama about this cruel twist of fate and how they'll have to overcome their trauma and weaknesses through all of this. This kind of clumsy, mixed approach is just raising all kinds of questions while making me feel nothing.
Oct 16, 6:35 PM
Oct 2020
Peak, getting better every episode 5/5 .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - 8 hours ago

13 by Meta_Yoshi »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6

83 by ratecutsplease »»
Yesterday, 9:16 PM

» It’s an absolute shame what the ignorant tourists did to this anime ( 1 2 )

ShirikonDaichi - Sep 29

79 by Crescent_ »»
Yesterday, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6

68 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Yesterday, 1:14 PM

» Are there any other non-isekai reincarnation series in anime you're aware of?

WatchTillTandava - Oct 13

16 by Otakupervert890 »»
Oct 14, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.