Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 6:58 AM

May 2020
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!? Opening and Ending already in the second episode(though we did get OP in the first ep as well) and that too with visuals??? This has to be some kinda world record for this series lol.

But man, jokes aside, this guy is actually something else, I mean getting beheaded all of a sudden, when you were actually enjoying yourself, or more like were forced to, and still putting on an act like nothing happened takes a LOT. Though to surprise of fucking nobody, you know one brings two, so yeah, not even five minutes into the episode and Subaru is DEAD FOR THE SECOND TIME.. very brutally and very inhumanly(for the lack of better words). Seriously, you know this series at its fucking best when they fucking don’t even care over spamming Subaru’s deaths.

Sirius is just… a replacement for Petelgeuse, we never even asked. That girl is something else, and her authority of wrath as well, I mean you know when even GOAT Reinhard fails, the situation is done for. That crowd chanting “kill, kill”, was super creepy but hey, all of them getting beheaded at the same time when Sirius got, was EVEN MORE creepy -> THIRD DEATH. I’m glad though, Subaru finally asked Beatrice, and hey, not the biggest fan of Emilia, but yeah, she actually willing to go that far just shows how much she has grown as well since the start… add her going one-on-one with Sirius.

Really liked how extreme they went with Sirius’s character, fucking uncomfortable and but hell yeah. Regulus kidnapping Emilia in the end was just adding more insult to an already worse injury… damn man, great fucking episode, and to think we’ve just started.
Oct 9, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Sirius aka. Wrath is crazy. He already demonstrated a lack of concern for life and unfortunately, Subaru also gets dragged into this mess.

But yeah, for a character like Sirius, he's another of how crazy some of the cast can be in this franchise. OP and ED theme songs are catchier imo, similar in style of the previous seasons. Subaru really got his hands full this season already.
Oct 9, 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Subaru Natsuki's first death in Season 3 facing Sirius the Sin Archbishop of Wrath, every Return by Death only makes his movements all the more wary, but once she comes out in the public, there's just no stopping her manipulative brainwashing from killing the kid as her sacrifice.

From the loop of saving the kid straight, only to be thwarted by Sirius herself, to the next of Reinhard being able to break her curse thanks to the beacon that Dumber put out as a precaution, but Subaru giving in to the brainwashing before he could kill her off, that was almost a success. And consulting Betty and Emilia on this, it's better dealing straight when Sirius is spotted at first sight, and Emilia shows why she's the only one qualified to deal with the Witch's Cult, especially against someone who looks similar to her brethren. But for her to be overwhelmed, and both Subaru and Betty be greeted with the return of Regulus Corneas the Sin Archbishop of Greed, things are just not looking good.

The old OST pairing of Konomi Suzuki and MYTH & ROID are back, though it'd take quite a while to get used to the new OP and ED.
Oct 9, 7:02 AM

May 2020
Another amazing episode this week

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 17 Chapter 1-2.2 Partial)

- In this 3 death loop, it only takes subaru back around 15 minutes, which is the shortest time loop so far
- Subaru suspect the 2nd death was caused by cardiac arrest because of the fear stacking and bouncing between him and Lusbel
- At first, Betty thought Sirius' Authority is similar to Nekt, which Julius used with Subaru during battle with Petelgeuse, which could be countered with Shamac, but was proven wrong later on
- Subaru tried several times to reveal his story and power to Betty, and failed because of the witch's punishment, and in the end, he had given up on it
- While Emilia is fighting Sirius, Subaru dragged and knocked Lachin and several people at the front line to the waterway to clear the way. There are also some people in the crowd that can fight and gets in Subaru's way

Differences from LN

- During the 3rd loop, the anime does not show that Lusbel is having injuries sustained by Sirius when battling Reinhardt
- Subaru navigatess through the crowd with using his skill similar to parkour taught by his mentor, Clint and Betty accidentally bit her tounge to save Lusbel on third loop instead of instantly flying to the top.

Self Note

- Subaru's second death is alot more gruesome in the anime and i kinda like it
- The OP and ED is quite nice too.
- This episode's adaptation and pacing is also quite nice. Hope this keeps up for future episodes.
Homura24Oct 9, 8:59 AM

Oct 9, 7:04 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Sirius, the sin archbishop of Wrath, is one truly freaky bitch, and mightily powerful too!

Unlike the previous loops we've seen, Subaru is given such a short amount of time between his point of return and the event in which Sirius blows off the heads of all those people in the town square, and if someone as overwhelmingly powerful as Reinhard can't kill her in an instant, then you know you've got a tough task on your hands. Honestly, at this point in time, Subaru has the connection and respect to utilize his friends and allies as a way to further his means and achieve a better future according to his wishes. but even then, that's no guarantee that he'll get it right quickly.

He'll have to die, again and again and again... It's not even halfway through the ep and he's died yet again.

If the 1st episode is a deservedly long grand opening to this arc and this season, then this is when Re; Zero truly begins!!!
Oct 9, 7:06 AM
Jun 2020
Yh, they fucking cooked alright, we got the best Re:0 OP visually and the ED is something called PEAK FUCKING FICTION. The episode did well to convey the horror of Sirius's authority and the fight between Emilia and Sirius was fucking perfection! Man, did White Fox cook a 3-star Michelin meal for us, cuz this episode was peak and it will only get better from here onwards, production-wise!
Oct 9, 7:14 AM
Aug 2018
HOLY FUCKING PEAK! EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!
Oct 9, 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
OP and ED are amazing again.

This is genuinely the seasonal I'm most hyped for right now. The tension, the angst, the blood, the edginess. Re:Zero pulls it off so much better than other isekai, it's not even close.
FMmatronOct 9, 8:34 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 7:27 AM
Jul 2015
Wow I've just reached the OP, that is the best Re:Zero OP so far no doubt

Oct 9, 7:32 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
watching the ending has genuinely been the most hype I've been during watching something in a very long time holy shit
Oct 9, 7:52 AM
Apr 2021
What the fuck with the 1 ratings in this ep????
Oct 9, 7:55 AM
Jul 2015
The ending is amazing as well. A bit rushed but still a great episode!

Oct 9, 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
FUUUUUUKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD
Oct 9, 7:59 AM
Mar 2024
Nah that episode, op and Ed was too good wtf 😭 Anime of the year already!!!
Oct 9, 8:00 AM
Jun 2020
I swear there are 2 openings. That's not ending, visually and musically. Myth and Roid's cooked some masterpiece
Oct 9, 8:02 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to RitzueX
@RitzueX Bits spamming 1 star
Oct 9, 8:02 AM

Jan 2018
The wait for Episode 2 felt far longer than a week. Probably since Episode 1 technically came out months ago. And this episode had BOTH the OP and ED with visuals! Which made it truly feel like Re:ZERO is FINALLY BACK! And man, both the OP and the ED are peak af. I think the OP might be my favorite of the series and the ED slaps hard too. The only OP that could surpass this is a MYTH & ROID or a Mayu Maeshima OP for Arc 6.

Man, I really have nothing bad to say about this episode. It literally kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. It went by so freaking fast.

The animation almost feels like an apology for Season 2. Like yeah it didn't look bad but it didn't look as great as it should've which is unfortunate since Arc 4 is one of the best arcs of Re:ZERO.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming for me was Subaru's 3rd death. I feel like if this episode was a bit longer it would've fared a bit better pacing-wise. But oh well. The rest of the episode is so good that I think I can overlook it.

And bruh that was one heck of a cliffhanger. The man himself, Emilia's husband, Regulus Corneas is here lmao.

I already can't wait for the next episode! We are so back.
Oct 9, 8:03 AM
Apr 2022
Guuuuuh regulus jangan sentuh emilia tan.
Aarkh sangat bagus tidak sabar selanjutnya

Oct 2015
We will come to AoTY throne

Jan 2018
Reply to RitzueX
@RitzueX Bots. Season 2 had a lot of them. This season will have them too.
Personally, I wouldn't count the 1-star ratings. No one with a functioning brain would rate this episode 1 star.
Oct 9, 8:09 AM
Dec 2022
This episode takes the momentum from episode 1 and decides to beyond. Getting the opening and ending in the 2nd episode was an unexpected, but pleasant surprise.
Oct 9, 8:10 AM
May 2021
Rahhhh re zero fully came back w/ a bang 🔥 Subaru better be cooking this season!
Oct 9, 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
W Episode. 10/10 🔥
- E.M.T -
Oct 9, 8:14 AM
Jun 2020
This is why Re:zero is the king of isekai man, such a masterpiece
Oct 9, 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
I forgot that I shouldn't eat while watching Re:zero.

Emilia did what everyone want to do in a RPG. Just sneak attack the boss that have monologue.

Now that Emilia had her share of badass action, now I guess she will disappear until the last few episodes of this season.
Oct 9, 8:15 AM
Jan 2021
Ahh what a good episode. There were a few cuts but overall, great adaptation into an anime format
Oct 9, 8:17 AM

Jun 2024
Re:Zero is the embodiment of peak! This 2nd episode was so good! I really loved the OP/ED, both were amazing. I can't wait to see, what else this series brings us!
Oct 9, 8:21 AM
Sep 2022
I never thought I’d live to see the day when a Re: ZERO episode is just 23 minutes and 40 seconds long. LN readers, did they cut any substantial stuff from the LN? Cuz I feel weird about a Re: ZERO episode being this small without cut content
Oct 9, 8:24 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to 0451
@RitzueX Bots. Season 2 had a lot of them. This season will have them too.
Personally, I wouldn't count the 1-star ratings. No one with a functioning brain would rate this episode 1 star.
@0451 ohh that's why, and yeah I agree.
Oct 9, 8:24 AM

Apr 2022
This was well worth waiting the week. Shits just so goddamn peak
Oct 9, 8:28 AM
Jan 2023
Increible apadtacion, un passing fantastico, no dejaron nada fuera, pero por sobre todo dejaron los pensamientos de subaru que son demaisado importantes.
Oct 9, 8:30 AM
Nov 2023
This episode gave me my first and actual WTF moment in a long time and i fricking loved it! This is only the second episode, im so hyped!
Oct 9, 8:31 AM
Sep 2024
That fight was really good, damn that scene with Subaru hanging made me nauseous, what a heavy scene, this season is really good! The Op and End are great too, and the soundtrack was decent.

Looking forward to the next episode 🔥
Oct 9, 8:33 AM
Apr 2018
felt like the pacing was a bit too fast
Oct 9, 8:34 AM
Feb 2019
We got both ending and opening song with visual, i don't have any complain
Oct 9, 8:34 AM

Feb 2020
the best anime opening so far, if not one of the best of the fall season!
]
NerdasonOct 9, 8:57 AM
Oct 9, 8:35 AM

Mar 2024
It should have been a 90-minute ep i don't want to wait a week that feels like a month for the next ep. Ep was great
Oct 9, 8:36 AM
Nov 2020
this episode is insanely GOOD!
Oct 9, 8:38 AM
May 2021
both op and ed theme 10/10 🔥🔥🔥. Shit is getting so dam difficult and intense, subaru already died 2 times this episode bruh. Even Reihard can't be of full use as of now.

Season 3 Death Count: 3
Oct 9, 8:40 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to RitzueX
@RitzueX bot spammer
Oct 9, 8:44 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit, 2nd episode even better than the first. White Fox really go all out this time.
One episodes 2 deaths, and even Reinheart cant find the best solution for no casualty run.
This is even more exciting than reading the Light Novel that's for sure, kinda envy people who haven't spoiled the plot yet.
The action is peak too, and no filler monologues/ flashback/people explaining their abilities in front of opponent, etc, like in other Shonen Jump fight. (Like Demon Slayer's awfully paced plot/ combat sequence in S3 and S4)

Can already tell this is gonna be my anime of the season/ year.
Oct 9, 8:44 AM
Apr 2020
Great episode! Great VA! Great Animation! Great Action!
Oct 9, 8:45 AM
Jul 2021
10/10 fucking episode holy shit it felt like it was 5 minutes long
Oct 9, 8:46 AM

Apr 2024
it's surely nice that subaru is at a position where people truly trust him, even though he didn't explain the hows
Oct 9, 8:51 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to literallyeurope
watching the ending has genuinely been the most hype I've been during watching something in a very long time holy shit
@literallyeurope you talking about the ending visuals? they were AMAZING
Oct 9, 8:51 AM

Feb 2016
I can't describe how happy I am after watching this episode. I was waiting for it for so long. And finally we can see how fucked up is everything with this people showing up. Reinhard, most OP character in Re:Zero universe, couldn't save the man and besides he killed him. That is so sad.
This show never dissapoints, with OP & ED, both masterpieces. ED will be in repeat 'till I die.
Oh boy, Subaru. Get ready 'pal. I know you can find the way. It's gonna be hard, but damn it will be worth it. Action-packed season, so fun will be infinite.
I'm ready for the next one.
Oct 9, 8:55 AM
Jul 2024
My jaw literally dropped at the end of the episode. I did not expect that at all. bro has so many wives. A lot of dying. We also got to see Reinhard at work so that was fun. Overall an good episode.
Oct 9, 8:56 AM

May 2018
Reinhard so ducking op man, he could beat all enemy without even trying. but sadly he is not main character so he couldn't beat them because it just make it end fast lol

nakamura always play op character as always
Oct 9, 8:56 AM
Oct 2016
every second is peak, love re:zero so much!
Oct 9, 8:58 AM
Feb 2021
OH IT'S OVER. IT'S SO OVER HOLY SHIT.

My eyes were beyond wide at the end
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Re:Zero Ending?

Orange4Rock - Oct 14

21 by strawberaetae »»
1 minute ago

» any season 3 critics so far?

PLEIADES_ - Yesterday

23 by no_comparisonBM »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

148 by lotus_eater »»
2 hours ago

» The "waifu" mistranslation is awful wrong

past_feelings - Oct 16

18 by Phantomnocomics »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » How much does the mistranslation “waifu” bother you?

someone324 - Oct 16

30 by dazedcowcow62 »»
7 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.