Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 13, 4:46 PM

Jan 2021
I don't feel as a part of a larger anime community, I don't even feel as a part of mal community

so many people nowadays watch anime

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 5:06 PM

May 2019
I'm part of the general ecchi fandom and belong with the niche bikini armor fans like @Journey-man and @Lanif
Aug 13, 5:07 PM

Jul 2021
I wouldn't say an anime community exists tbh
Aug 13, 5:16 PM

Apr 2024
I don't think it can really be called one community anymore. The internet has promoted smaller, more specific communities for a while. so, like, I definitely feel like part of the Mecha anime community and the Anime Community in my state, I would hesitate to say I'm part of a larger community than that
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Aug 13, 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
Considering most new anime "fans" hate on and seem to despise classic anime cliche's and tropes that I like, no, not really.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 13, 5:18 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Not necessarily anime, but I am a necessary presence in the MAL community.
Aug 13, 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
No. I consider myself a member of the dumb action, big robots, and tight clothing lover communities though.
Aug 13, 6:12 PM

Mar 2019
No, thank God for that haha. :3

Aug 13, 9:34 PM

Feb 2020
"do you feel as a part of anime community?"

Maybe MAL community.
Aug 13, 9:52 PM
Oct 2019
I think the only community I really feel close it's the degenerate one as they didn't shunned me. All the other who shunned me I see no reason to feel being part of their community.
Aug 13, 9:55 PM

Dec 2021
I don't even think about what does and doesn't count as being a part of any community. I just do what I do, and that's that.

Pic unrelated.
Daviljoe193Aug 13, 10:39 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Aug 13, 10:05 PM

Jul 2024
I don't know about what counts as being a part of any community anymore, all I see people are being very tight lipped about how they truly feel because they fear getting bans..
A lot of things have changed since MediaDo took over and now a person can get banned for saying that they hate certain anime or character or dislike some user or anime staff..
Aug 13, 10:08 PM

Mar 2008
I dont feel part of anything anymore.
Aug 13, 10:44 PM

Jul 2021
i am as much as a degenerate as the next person so it should be safe to say i'm part of the mal community at least

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 13, 10:57 PM

Jul 2024
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
i am as much as a degenerate as the next person so it should be safe to say i'm part of the mal community at least
@TsutanaiFuun but do you believe that the Mal community think that you and I are Part of it?
I believe I'm an outcast here too like in real life...
Aug 13, 11:15 PM

Jun 2016
I used to but then I started reading about girls thirsting over the jjk guy with white hair so now I try to disassociate. We used to make fun of guys who did that but now this shit's front and center on normie social media.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 13, 11:18 PM

Oct 2021
I'm not a part of the anime community as well. I think if you want to be a part of a certain community, you have to contribute something to it and not just being a fan of it.
Aug 13, 11:54 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
As a top 3% percentile of IQ and a guy in his mid 30s, I don't feel a part of anything. Hardly ever do I find any group of people that shares my tastes and my opinions. And when I do, the rare positive first impressions are quickly shattered upon more interactions.

Intelligent people and older people tend to keep to themselves and rarely ever interact with others, so that's why I gave up trying to find a place where I belong a long time ago. The only place where I feel at peace is by myself.
Aug 14, 1:04 AM

Dec 2015
Part of the whole international anime community? I don't feel like that

Part of Polish anime community? - Yes

Part of Bleach community? - Yes
Aug 14, 1:22 AM

Feb 2024
I'm just a silly tourist here. But that's not a bad thing, I guess.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 14, 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to Tropisch
Considering most new anime "fans" hate on and seem to despise classic anime cliche's and tropes that I like, no, not really.
@Tropisch This is relatable to me, so many classic anime cliches and tropes that I like but constantly get hated on by the anime community now. Tsundere for example..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 14, 2:18 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to RainyEvenings
@TsutanaiFuun but do you believe that the Mal community think that you and I are Part of it?
I believe I'm an outcast here too like in real life...
@RainyEvenings i dont think it matters much if someone else thinks we are a part or not. if we think and feel like we are then we are. there's no one standing guard and allowing us to be a part of it. we choose to be a part of it as we actively and frequently interact with the community which automatically makes us a part of the community. that's how i think.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 14, 5:45 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
@RainyEvenings i dont think it matters much if someone else thinks we are a part or not. if we think and feel like we are then we are. there's no one standing guard and allowing us to be a part of it. we choose to be a part of it as we actively and frequently interact with the community which automatically makes us a part of the community. that's how i think.
@TsutanaiFuun

the point of the post is do you feel as a part of it, you need no external validation for that

there is no entry conditions
CammellAug 14, 7:49 AM
Aug 14, 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
After seeing the anime community ? Hell no. I'm just a guy who likes watching cartoons from Japan.
Aug 14, 6:17 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Zettaiken
Part of the whole international anime community? I don't feel like that

Part of Polish anime community? - Yes

Part of Bleach community? - Yes
@Zettaiken
You guys have an anime community in Poland?
Aug 14, 6:20 AM

Sep 2016
Feel? No
   
Am? Yes
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 14, 6:41 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Cammell
@TsutanaiFuun

the point of the post is do you feel as a part of it, you need no external validation for that

there is no entry conditions
@Cammell yup. exactly what i meant.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 14, 9:57 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to Commit_Crime
@Zettaiken
You guys have an anime community in Poland?
@Commit_Crime Alot of countries have, simple it is just Anime fans but who share being in the same country/nationalty, Facebook/Discord/other media groups.

I'd rather hang out with people who share same anime interest who speak the same language as me and who's from the same culture so usually evenings-nights at convention changes into nice drinking. [Sound like I would select people to hang out, but the truth is that Poland ain't popular so I barely meet foreign anime fans IRL as in Internet... It ain't as fun as IRL]
Aug 14, 10:02 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
As a top 3% percentile of IQ and a guy in his mid 30s, I don't feel a part of anything. Hardly ever do I find any group of people that shares my tastes and my opinions. And when I do, the rare positive first impressions are quickly shattered upon more interactions.

Intelligent people and older people tend to keep to themselves and rarely ever interact with others, so that's why I gave up trying to find a place where I belong a long time ago. The only place where I feel at peace is by myself.
@BigBoyAdvance

xD, you're only in the top 3% and saying that, lol.
Aug 14, 11:45 PM

Mar 2022
honestly, not as much as before..
people still look at me like I have three heads when I mention anime

...but recently I've slightly convinced 2 friends (+ her dad) to watch anime!
FREE NEZUKO

listsanime | manga⠀⠀⠀⠀
challengesawc | mrc⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Aug 14, 11:50 PM

May 2023
Nupe.. I never felt belonging to the anime community.. but I do feel some connectivity to MAL..

Bored.. pissed.. anxious.. sad.. angry..
Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Jun 2024
It's hard to describe the meaning of anime community not all them are Mainstream watchers like I' more on Retro and obscure so my crowds was small but I always welcome to new ones but I think anime community is divided.
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Zettaiken
@Commit_Crime Alot of countries have, simple it is just Anime fans but who share being in the same country/nationalty, Facebook/Discord/other media groups.

I'd rather hang out with people who share same anime interest who speak the same language as me and who's from the same culture so usually evenings-nights at convention changes into nice drinking. [Sound like I would select people to hang out, but the truth is that Poland ain't popular so I barely meet foreign anime fans IRL as in Internet... It ain't as fun as IRL]
@Zettaiken
Lucky Poles, the conventions suck here in Czechia
Yesterday, 7:29 AM

Aug 2017
Yes as long antis and anti-japanese racists are gatekept since they are not true anime fans.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Yesterday, 8:12 AM

Oct 2022
For sure but with the anime community being so split now and days and people trying to claim the anime community for "there side" I can understand why so many people feel disconnected from it all.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
Yesterday, 8:23 AM

Mar 2018
I will say I feel more closer to one of its niches nowadays: Yaoi Shota incest
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

May 2021
As much as I want to be, I never considered myself part of anime community, or community of anything tbh. Back in the days I would write about JJK and CSM theories in comment sections and get couple hundred of likes, just so I could feel that I am contributing to the community. But now I grew and realized its pretty pointless and not really something I want to do. So yeah, not part of the community at all.
Yesterday, 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
I suppose it can be considered as a community here though it is only a small number of active individuals.
Yesterday, 10:01 AM
White Tiger
Apr 2023
I mean i feel like people who don't watch anime might lump anime watchers into something as a sort of collective but i feel anime watchers don't feel so unless they are actively seeking community and engaging in it. i feel like its pretty much the same as with most content there is most likely a community but do you engage or not is the question. ?
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Jun 2024
Yes, I do feel like a part of the anime community.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be here or on anime related subreddits and other social media, etc.
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
I am the creepy hentai fiend/pervert on this website. I primarily watch anime to look at the cute anime girls. I do enjoy the plots of very specific anime shows. But those shows are typically centered around kawaii anime girls. Like Senran Kagura, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Nekopara, Kantai Collection and Sailor Moon.
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Nov 2020
I definitely feel like I'm part of the MAL community since I enjoy interracting with others on this site and engaging in the official events. The overall anime community though is too broad for me, though. Seasonal anime watchers and BL fans are the main segments I feel like I'm a part of since it those aspects of anime I connect with the most.
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

May 2018
I don't care about being part of the "community." I watch anime as a hobby, if I make a few friends ding it, cool, if not so be it.
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to nightjasmine
honestly, not as much as before..
people still look at me like I have three heads when I mention anime

...but recently I've slightly convinced 2 friends (+ her dad) to watch anime!
FREE NEZUKO
@nightjasmine also, for MAL – I think its up to us as users to be honest about what we want the community to be like

listsanime | manga⠀⠀⠀⠀
challengesawc | mrc⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
Most anime fans that I've met in real life are pretty cool, but most anime fans online seem stupid as rocks, and probably Trump voters, in an ironic Freudian twist, judging by how they all think fiction is irrelevant to the human experience, or that anime characters are white, or that fan service improves anime, etc.

As for MAL, the only reason I come back to this site is due to procrastination of other things. As far as I'm concerned, the dregs of society come here and that's what the MAL mods encourage. I don't know what kind of "community" this site hopes for.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Yesterday, 6:00 PM

Apr 2015
^^^ Really says a lot about you when you throw political stuff in your post and call other people "dumb as rocks". Talk about irony.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Oct 2017
Not really. I feel rather isolated from it as I have grown older and changed a lot. While I have changed, some of the behaviors in the community haven't really done so at the same rate. I also just don't engage with certain things that seem to be common among the community such as watching seasonals as I would rather watch something I genuinely have an interest in instead of filling my time with a bunch of shows that I probably won't care about or remember in a few years' time. I've also over time just watched a bit less anime and put time into some of my other hobbies so I'd say I am a bit more casual than I used to be. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing though as I am attempting broaden my horizons a bit more in other ways
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Yesterday, 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Tropisch
^^^ Really says a lot about you when you throw political stuff in your post and call other people "dumb as rocks". Talk about irony.
@Tropisch Like I said in whatever thread that was, politics rots your brain. You see someone say a thing you don't like and that automatically means they're on "enemies" side. To me that's a waay bigger issue than people wanting fanservice.
Yesterday, 7:15 PM

Mar 2024
I'm ridiculously happy that I have a coworker who watches the same anime as me. That makes me feel like part of an anime community.
7 hours ago

Apr 2020
Reply to Commit_Crime
I wouldn't say an anime community exists tbh
@Commit_Crime

The very fact that you're posting this, on a website that is made by and for Anime Fans contradicts this statement greatly xDD
tbh....

It's like standing in a church stating that Relegion isn't really a thing xD
Merve2Love7 hours ago
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What the last time you cried for an anime?

Zakatsuki_ - 9 hours ago

19 by tmoverbeck »»
3 minutes ago

» Battle shounen being misunderstood on this website ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenzolo-folk - Aug 12

293 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago

» What's the lowest score you ever gave an anime? ( 1 2 )

RealClutch - Aug 14

62 by SwordBreaker36 »»
4 minutes ago

» Which anime just feel "too" similar to be separated like all the others?

ShinyLotus - 11 minutes ago

1 by Guilmon1 »»
5 minutes ago

» Why is anime so dead rn? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MercurialAlien - Jul 20

313 by tmoverbeck »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.