Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 5:59 PM

Dec 2021
Fuckkkk.... so, Aokiji actually did join Blackbeard... I thought he was just spying on them. It was nice to finally get the backstory of how Aokiji ended up with Blackbeard, though. It didn’t play out like I expected—especially with everyone casually chatting about his fight with Akainu. Best part of the whole backstory was the fact that it was indeed Bar Piece. And, as they say, Bar Piece is Peak Piece. Yet to have seen a bar scene that disappoints.

Backstory aside though, ma GOAT GARP SHOWING EVERYBODY HOW IT'S DONEEEE. NO DEVIL FRUIT, JUST HAKI. Entire fight scene was so fucking kino. Back to Blackbeard and Law's fight after like 20 episodes lol. And yep. This is why it doesn’t make sense for both Law and Kidd to have the same bounty as Luffy. They defeated Big Mom together, while Luffy took down Kaido, arguably the strongest Yonko at the time, all by himself. Whatever though, Bepo coming in clutch, or technically Chopper did. Dude is slowly but surely turning into a drug dealer xD

Sasuga Bepo in saving Law. New OP and ED would be warranted in the coming episodes, now with all the fights in the OP finally been shown now.

Aug 10, 6:01 PM

Sep 2015
Ofc FM didn't compete for this thread.

Anyway

Damn Aokiji did join the blackbeard pirates :I Just what happend to this guy?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 10, 6:05 PM

Nov 2016
Kuzan chillin with the Blackbeard Pirates is actually so cold. Hypothetically, I'd say joining them for his own agenda doesn't rule that he can't pretend to be loyal. Confrontig Garp isn't 100% proof that he won't backstab his captain in the future. And not doing so would blow his cover. You can see that Kuzan is faltering ever so slightly. Even so, in a brief fight I nevertheless see Garp overwhelming him when both are at their best. In a longer fight stamina would become a problem for Garp.

And man, Bepo proving everyone wrong who thought he's just a bum. Still, you can't tell me that Law didn't have the eadier opponent with Blackbeard. Negative aura after letting his prey escape like that. As a Kid fan I honestly wished he would've faced him. At least he would've gotten a hit in before losing.
FMmatronAug 11, 8:02 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 6:41 PM
Dec 2022
The Kuzan Blackbeard party scene LMAOOOOO i fr love seeing more blackbeard crew stuff

Kuzan joins Blackbeard RAAAAAA ITS PEAK FIGHT TIME ITS JUST SO FUCKING PEAK OMLLLLLLL
back to Blackbeard after kicking Laws ass ): ITS BEPO TIMEEE ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ They COOKED for the Bepo stuff BRO IS A BEAST
THATS WHY HES THE GOOOOOATTTTT

Pain.

anyways more buggy silly stuff next week YIPPPEEEE
Aug 10, 6:53 PM

Apr 2022
no way, back-to-back peak episodes like this for a weekly anime is crazy work! neat seeing how kuzan joined blackbeard's crew but damn the character acting in the scene where they're bonding was too good, toei did NOT need to go so hard for that lmao. the commentary on the man marked by flames was good as well. and then we even get garp vs kuzan which popped tf off! choreography was great. it didn't even stop there, we get the aftermath of law vs blackbeard and damnnn bepo got that dawggg in him! glad they made it out.

this on the same day as the remakes announcements btw, one piece fans stay eating good.
Aug 10, 7:39 PM

Jul 2020
Kuzan joins up with Blackbeard and refuses to stand down against Garp, meanwhile Blackbeard completely defeats Law. With both Law and Kid down it is clear that Oda is really trying to build up the next level of threat for Luffy. I also really appreciate how diverse the focus has been lately as it has truly felt like every storyline is coming together and converging at a fairly even pace which should lead nicely into the final arc eventually.
Aug 10, 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, I liked this episode even more than the last one, so many highlights, from Kuzan and Blackbeard drinking together to Garp fighting Kuzan to Bepo using the Rumble Ball at the end, and everything in between looked great. I'd say this was one of the best episodes of the arc so far for sure
SamBlackAug 11, 9:20 AM
Aug 10, 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was awesome and sadly heart breaking. To see Kuzan join Marshall D. Teach and fight Garp was nice. Though it is sad. Kuzan was a pupil to Garp and now is an enemy fighting him for Black Beard. Seeing Law and his crew being defeated was also sad. All that work and to get so far. Only to get beaten down badly and lose not just the fight, but also his crew. With only one member saving him. Not even wanting to leave any of his crew behind. But Bepo says otherwise. This goes to show once again. Unless you team up with a strong crew to fight a Yonko. You are pretty much dead and done for.
Aug 10, 7:59 PM

Apr 2019
Wow, what an episode.

Aug 10, 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
More Garp kino. They really popped off for his fight against Kuzan, it's amazing to see how far the animation for this series has come.

Loved the bar scene showing how Kuzan joined BB's crew, as much as I've loved all the action, OP wouldn't be OP without the goofy moments like that lol.

After being left hanging we finally cut back to the aftermath of BB vs. Law. First Kid, now Law, the 2 men who both stood equal with Luffy in terms of bounty after Wano have been defeated. Seeing Bepo briefly going Sulong was cool, I just hope he and Law are recovering safely somewhere. There hasn't been any updates on them in the manga yet since this moment so it's all still up in the air.

IzanaSolos said:
This is why it doesn’t make sense for both Law and Kidd to have the same bounty as Luffy. They defeated Big Mom together, while Luffy took down Kaido, arguably the strongest Yonko at the time, all by himself.

The WG probably doesn't take into account the specifics of how Big Mom and Kaido were defeated, to them all that matters is "these people defeated 2 of the biggest threats in the world, jack all their bounties up to the same number." They don't care about how it happened, just the fact that it happened.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 10, 8:21 PM
Jan 2020
Another peak episode, an amazing episode as always. Garp vs Kuzan has officially started. Kuzan uses the Ice ball technique to freeze Garp but easily breaks out of the ice and slams Kuzan to the ground with Blue Hole creating a massive hole on the island. The animation is so crisp like last week's episode. We also got Kuzan's flashback of how he joined the Blackbeard pirates and became one of their captains. Now we finally see the results of Law vs Blackbeard where Law lost the battle and his Polar Tang submarine was broken and sunk. Bepo turns into Sulong form thanks to Chopper's drugs thankfully. Bepo with his Sulong powers managed to fend off Blackbeard pirates and escape to sea with Law on his back. I hope Law and Bepo will be okay, we have been with them for so long since Sabaody.
Aug 10, 8:26 PM

Nov 2012
I read the chapter twice and now in the anime I looked for signs that Aokiji and Garp were working together. Maybe next week. I still refuse to believe he's really working with Blackbeard and fought Garp w/o an ulterior motive.

Beppo FTW! Not my Captain. Sulong Beppo saving Law is one of my favorite parts of the arc (mind you I'm like 4-5 weeks behind).
Aug 10, 8:40 PM
Oct 2021
So when Aokiji showed is injury from akainu I was a bit confused since he's a logia type so wasn't his leg already made of ice to begin with? very good action this episode and finally got to see what happened to Law.
Aug 10, 9:03 PM

Sep 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, what you are about to experience for the next few episodes is peak cinema.

I have been dreading for this Law moment to get adapted. Absolutely broke me in the manga. Bepo coming in clutch with that rumble ball. I don't remember him doing Karate kicks and all that but I'm here for it LMAO. You have to imagine Law is completely out of the race for the One Piece so I'm not sure what Oda plans to do with his character now.

Garp and Kuzan was top tier and it's only just getting started.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Aug 10, 9:15 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I laughed at seeing Kuzan and Blackbeard enjoying drinks together at the bar with that catchy bar music lol. Kuzan really did join Blackbeard's crew after all, and just like that. The Blackbeard Pirates have acquired a very formidable ally..

Garp vs. Kuzan was just getting started but it's already looking pretty dope! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Really feeling heartbroken to see the Heart Pirates (no pun intended, really) defeated by the Blackbeard crew. Bepo was able to transform into Sulong temporarily (thanks for all your help, Chopper!) to save Law but that was it. Their crew and their submarine have sunk into the ocean. I bet a lot of the anime-only reaction videos I'm following on YouTube will be devastated to see the aftermath of Law vs. Blackbeard after months of waiting... Many folks have Law in their top favorites, but now Law is out of the race for the One Piece... Wonder what's going to happen to Law & Bepo now? ๐Ÿค”
Aug 10, 9:30 PM

Jul 2008
Garp and Kuzan HOLY CRAP!

Law and Kidd are down just like that.
Aug 10, 10:06 PM

Aug 2021
aokiji vs. garp looked sick and should be even better next ep

bepo buff was insane. he did NOT do allat in the manga
Aug 10, 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Oh TOIE is clearly jealous of WIT studio. What the hell was that? Jessus, overlaying realistic photographs during the backstory of the man with the burn scar, and creating more detail in their backgrounds. Giving more dimension to the animation, even experimenting with more facial 3D modeling. Slow down TOIE!!

Aug 10, 11:02 PM
Feb 2024
This was heat!
Can’t wait for more Kuzan vs Garp, potentially top 5 fight in the series
Aug 10, 11:07 PM

Oct 2009
YOO GARP IS CRAZY! DAMN!!

I felt for Beppo, I was worried he was gonna die as well. Phew.
Even the Heart Pirates are out, maybe some more survive?? Either way the worst generation is no more, its just the Straw Hats now :/
Aug 10, 11:21 PM
Jan 2021
Going back to Aokiji’s journey to joining Blackbeard’s crew, we see Blackbeard ready to attack, but then everyone is drinking and partying. We learn that during Aokiji and Akainu’s battle, Aokiji lost his right leg so now it’s just ice, similar to how Perospero uses his candy powers to replace his lost arm. Blackbeard and the crew talk about the four Road Ponegliffs and how the Man with the Burn Scar has one of them. They say he sails a pitch black ship and if someone approaches, he’ll create a giant whirlpool which swallows you up. Shiryu believes that this man works for the World Government. One of Blackbeard’s subordinates mentions taking Aokiji’s Devil Fruit powers, but he hears and freezes everything around him. Blackbeard apologizes as that wasn’t his mention and instead, he invites Aokiji to join his crew.

We go back to the present to see Aokiji and Garp’s confrontation. Garp tries to plead to him to thaw out Hibari, rejoin the Navy, and let Koby escape, but it falls on deaf ears. So the fight begins. Aokiji throws Ice Ball at Garp and it seems to have frozen him… but then he starts talking whilst frozen and breaks out. Garp continues walking toward Aokiji and punching away his ice, while Aokiji keeps his distance with his attacks. Eventually Garp grabs Aokiji’s face and slams him to the ground via Blue Hole.

On Winner Island, where Law and Blackbeard’s crews have been fighting, we see that Blackbeard has won. The Polar Tang has been destroyed, so the Heart Pirates have no means of escape. Bepo wants to save Law, and we are reminded that Chopper gave Bepo something before they parted from Wano. Before Blackbeard can take the Op-Op Fruit, Bepo transforms into his Sulong form and starts clapping cheeks. Blackbeard, Van Ogre, and Burgess are all quickly taken care of, allowing Bepo to grab Law and escape by sea. Burgess tries to stop him by throwing rocks, but NOPE.

In the ending segment, we learn that Law was born on October 6th and likes onigiri and grilled fish.

I’M HYPED!
Aug 10, 11:44 PM
Oct 2020
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Aug 11, 12:07 AM

Aug 2019
Chopper’s drugs pulled through.

Bepo got me crying in the middle of the night.
Aug 11, 12:07 AM
Oct 2021
ABSOLUTE PEAK CINEMA!! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Aug 11, 12:19 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm another great episode.

Kuzan joined Blackbeard now.

What will happen to Garp now? We will find it soon.

Bepo is a great friend and life saver for Law his captain.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Aug 11, 12:33 AM
Jun 2024
Amazing episode! The pieces are moving, and it’s getting very interesting. Garp vs Kuzan was awesome! And I still have faith that Kuzan has some bigger plans. Lastly, off-screen Blackbeard strikes again. From the preview of the next episode, it looks like it’ll be great as well.
no_comparisonBMAug 11, 12:44 AM
Aug 11, 12:35 AM
Jun 2024
These last few episodes have been really great, especially 1112, 1114, and this 1115.
Aug 11, 1:44 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
PEAKKKKKKK

And it's only starting folks.
Aug 11, 3:08 AM

Feb 2020
Titanic (1997)

JIKAI:
Aug 11, 3:20 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to SamBlack
Wow, I liked this episode even more than the last one, so many highlights, from Kuzan and Blackbeard drinking together to Garp fighting Kuzan to Bepo using the Rumble Ball at the end, and everything in between looked great. I'd say this was one of the best episodes of the arc so far for sure
@SamBlack

Things are really heating up now. Can't wait to get back to Egghead and see the crew going against the Navy.
Aug 11, 3:45 AM
Jan 2022
fear in black beards eyes
Aug 11, 5:18 AM
Jun 2022
Simplesmente shishido!
Aug 11, 6:35 AM

Apr 2020
Speechless... non stop superb sakuga. mindblowing episode.
Aug 11, 6:39 AM

Jun 2023
They did Bepo justice with this one ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Aug 11, 7:11 AM

Jan 2016
I'm not really concerned about her, as this fight gave more reason Haki can overrule her being frozen.
๏ปฟWe all know Garp would have deleted Akainu if his marine status, and more importantly, Sengoku, didn't hold him back, so it's not surprising that Aokoji lost here. However, I do think Kuzan was lacking a will to fight all out to make the fight more elongated.
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟLaw is safe, Bepo trusts everyone else to somehow be safe. Blackbeard already won, and can't chase since he is 100% devil fruit users. I think he could have killed them, but didn't try since was interested in the fruit in that moment I guess. That was just a quick catchup, as we already know Blackbeard is at egghead presently, so had to share that while they still could.
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟNext we will get Buggy, leaving us to assume marines escaped until they show us otherwise. Buggy had such a cute dance at the very end hahaha.

Aug 11, 7:23 AM

Feb 2021
Kuzan became pirates and Law ships sank.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 11, 8:25 AM
Jul 2021
I feel so hard for bepo. Even though I called it when they first fought it's still sad seeing the heart pirates broken like this. Seeing garp fight was such a treat I'm looking forwards to seeing sword fighting the blackbeard pirates
Aug 11, 9:59 AM
Jul 2013
-The day Blackbeard invited Kuzan to his ship.

-And the day Garp and his pupil Kuzan fist bumped.

Fucking masterpiece that is OP. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

It is curious and poetic, Law and Kid, the two who destroyed a former Yonkou (Big Mom), fall at the hands of two other Yonkou (Shanks and Blackbeard).

*I wouldn't mind seeing the two remaining Yonkou (Luffy and Buggy) face off, just saying. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
Aug 11, 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
OMG that was actually one of the best One Piece episodes ever.

As a manga reader, I can assure you guys that this adaptation in this episode was actually better than the manga. That's insane. Thank you to everyone who worked on this episode!!!!!!!!!

I love the red and blue colors here juxtaposing as a callback to the fight we never got to see.

I loved every single anime original moment in this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 11, 1:19 PM
Jun 2023
BEPO IS THE GOOOOAAAAATTTT
Aug 11, 2:51 PM

Nov 2014
Very Good adaptation this time around!!
Aug 11, 2:53 PM

Jan 2021
Garp standing in business Garp vs Kuzan was ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿฅถ i would rather Law lose then him losing and getting his op op fruit stolen if BlackBeard said Room I’d be devastated ngl
Aug 11, 4:18 PM

Mar 2021
I really liked how they continue to show the contrast between Blackbeard and Luffy! I'm just suprised that Aokiji joined Blackbeard since he had morals and didn't seem like the type........ I've ejoyed the haki shows from Garp and Shanks recently though! Its a shame that Law got packed like that he's my favorite :(
Aug 11, 7:57 PM
Feb 2022
I love this episode! Oh, Kuzan shines in this episode with his aura and great voice actor (kono Dio da) and his fight with Garp is so chillingly cool! It is interesting what kind of person is possibly associated with the road poneglyph and where he is located at all. We have already seen 1how Shanks and the giants destroyed the Kid's crew and as if that wasn't enough, Law's crew was also defeated by the Blackbeard pirates, but the magnificent Bepo tries to save his captain by turning into a sulong form thanks to Chopper pills, then attacks the enemies surprisingly powerfully enough and leaves with Law, unfortunately leaving the rest of the crew. Law is in a very difficult situation right now and if Kid didn't have anyone to pull him out of the water, then Law has Bepo, so thanks to him he can get out of a difficult situation. I would also like to see more Bepo fighting in sulong form, since he only used it for a short time, although the effect of the pills is probably very short.
Aug 11, 11:33 PM

Dec 2020
GARP VS AOKIJI WAS WILD OMG

Aug 12, 7:16 AM
Sep 2021
Kuzan's backstory on how he joined blackbeards group, his fight against garp is nicely done & Law's loss against blackbeard. A lot happened
Aug 12, 7:27 AM

Oct 2017
Can't wait to see Aokiji kick some navy ass.
Aug 12, 11:44 AM
Feb 2022
Beppo 's trasformation was soo cool
Aug 13, 1:28 AM
Aug 2020
Again a very good episode with beautiful visual effects
Aug 13, 1:36 AM
Mar 2022
another banger episode
my man trafalgar(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelleee - Sep 16, 2008

61 by GureJoestar »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 278 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sparx75 - Feb 8, 2009

99 by DeroneWilliams »»
42 minutes ago

» It's gotten... boring

SweatyFingers - Aug 17

39 by Nico-A-N-I-M-E- »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1066 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jun 24, 2023

145 by Atlas77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1116 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 17

31 by Sun_Chan »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.