Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 3, 11:17 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@APolygons2

yeah except the prompts you just came up with arent "creative" at all. it sounds just as soulless as AI itself, so if you can't make a creative prompt, how the hell is an AI supposed to? AI can be used "Creatively", sure but that's like saying you got through a chess tournament by interpreting tips from a chess robot on the computer- its not saying much and its definitely not an accomplishment.
@Kenzolo-folk Do you think the only use of AI is the prompt generator thing?

Kenzolo-folk said:
so if you can't make a creative prompt

That wasn't a prompt.

Ok listen, I don't think you understood what I'm trying to say here. Let's go with the DDLC example,

That isn't AI doing work, like

Kenzolo-folk said:
sure but that's like saying you got through a chess tournament by interpreting tips from a chess robot on the computer

You are using an AI's assistance , to create your vision in a way that would be impossible without it.

Think of another example. Imagine a all routes lead to doom video game, but because of AI's use for character interactions, you have infinite way of interacting with the other characters and doing different actions. but the story is outlined in a way that no matter what you do, the bad stuff still happen, and you still reach the same bad ending.

Except one solution that you have to figure out through your possible infinite attempts.

That is basically what okabe goes through in steins;gate applied to a player of a video game. and it would create an experience that would be literally impossible without AI.

Another one, Think of a game about fear that has it's characters talk directly to the player about those fears. You can then make the final boss be created from every fear the the player explained, creating a personal nightmare that the player has to overcome.

Let's think anime.

What if a character was stuck in a time loop for a year, and you made the episode you used AI to actually make that episode go on for a year where people can tune in and out to it, before the show continues after said year.

What if there is a meta character in a show that is built to the streaming service, and acts differently every time you rewatch the show, but all the other characters are scripted.

What if you have a plot point where the character fails to stop an AI, and the AI takes over the world, so the AI can be ordered to rule over, as the author puts themselves in the character's shoes to take control back. A story about a struggle between a human and an controlling AI, where the author, a human, has to fight an AI that is controlling everything in the story but the main character.

That's meta story telling at it's finest!

Listen I'm just throwing out ideas, I'm sure someone can come up with even better ones.

But genuinely think about this, and tell me you don't think any of these are interesting or creative ideas. They aren't possible with the AI of now, but they will be soon.
APolygons2Jun 3, 11:22 AM
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 3, 11:22 AM
Aug 2021
No. Anything made by AI is regurgitated slop. AI cannot make anything original. It does not think for itself, only terribly blends together (usually stolen) artwork and writing from artists and writers who put a lot of time and effort into creating something original.

I was going to say that AI may be fine as a tool for other industries like mathematics and civil engineering, but it's still way too inconsistent to warrant relying on it to spew out equations and measurements that guarantee the safety of potentially many people.

AI "art" is not art.
Jun 3, 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Depends, I'll see how ai looks when it comes then I decide

I can't even imagine what it would be like

innovation isn't something ai is known for doing and innovation is what I like
Jun 3, 11:48 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to APolygons2
@Kenzolo-folk Do you think the only use of AI is the prompt generator thing?

Kenzolo-folk said:
so if you can't make a creative prompt

That wasn't a prompt.

Ok listen, I don't think you understood what I'm trying to say here. Let's go with the DDLC example,

That isn't AI doing work, like

Kenzolo-folk said:
sure but that's like saying you got through a chess tournament by interpreting tips from a chess robot on the computer

You are using an AI's assistance , to create your vision in a way that would be impossible without it.

Think of another example. Imagine a all routes lead to doom video game, but because of AI's use for character interactions, you have infinite way of interacting with the other characters and doing different actions. but the story is outlined in a way that no matter what you do, the bad stuff still happen, and you still reach the same bad ending.

Except one solution that you have to figure out through your possible infinite attempts.

That is basically what okabe goes through in steins;gate applied to a player of a video game. and it would create an experience that would be literally impossible without AI.

Another one, Think of a game about fear that has it's characters talk directly to the player about those fears. You can then make the final boss be created from every fear the the player explained, creating a personal nightmare that the player has to overcome.

Let's think anime.

What if a character was stuck in a time loop for a year, and you made the episode you used AI to actually make that episode go on for a year where people can tune in and out to it, before the show continues after said year.

What if there is a meta character in a show that is built to the streaming service, and acts differently every time you rewatch the show, but all the other characters are scripted.

What if you have a plot point where the character fails to stop an AI, and the AI takes over the world, so the AI can be ordered to rule over, as the author puts themselves in the character's shoes to take control back. A story about a struggle between a human and an controlling AI, where the author, a human, has to fight an AI that is controlling everything in the story but the main character.

That's meta story telling at it's finest!

Listen I'm just throwing out ideas, I'm sure someone can come up with even better ones.

But genuinely think about this, and tell me you don't think any of these are interesting or creative ideas. They aren't possible with the AI of now, but they will be soon.
@APolygons2

All the stuff you're suggesting, both video game and anime is just plugging in endless sequences without any actual meaning behind them. you can program your game to have endless interactions, how do you think there's endless randomization in games in the first place?? People don't do it because its a shitty concept, and at the core of it, its just not FUN or entertaining and videogames/anime are supposed to be both of those things. its just mindless crap being fed to you. The third game is literally possible without AI, it just takes more effort. wouldn't you rather play a game with more effort into it then just jumbo mashed together trying to disguise itself as interesting when its not? it's not creative to have endless crap being fed to you through a machine even if the end product makes something new, but that just might be IMO. All of these concepts would be 100x more fascinating if there was human conscious behind it to actually give it some cohesiveness.
This meta storytelling crap is exactly the mindset of these soulless corporations that think just adding random buzz elements like "AI taking control" and "infinite interactions" makes their story interesting.

edit: also sorry, I'm not trying to shit on ur ideas, it at least is something besides just generating stuff in a prompt. im just trying to say all of it CAN be possible with humans, it just takes longer. i don't think there's any point in rushing stuff like anime and video games, but ofc the corporate world is a lot more complex than that.
Kenzolo-folkJun 3, 11:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 11:54 AM

May 2021
solacez said:
AI will become the new industry standard. How do you feel about that? Will you support the medium or abandon it?

As for me I am in favor of AI anime becoming the norm. After all it will mean higher quality and less strain on the people producing the shows we love

F**k no! And what higher quality?? Have you seen the garbage AI produces???
Jun 3, 12:23 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@APolygons2

All the stuff you're suggesting, both video game and anime is just plugging in endless sequences without any actual meaning behind them. you can program your game to have endless interactions, how do you think there's endless randomization in games in the first place?? People don't do it because its a shitty concept, and at the core of it, its just not FUN or entertaining and videogames/anime are supposed to be both of those things. its just mindless crap being fed to you. The third game is literally possible without AI, it just takes more effort. wouldn't you rather play a game with more effort into it then just jumbo mashed together trying to disguise itself as interesting when its not? it's not creative to have endless crap being fed to you through a machine even if the end product makes something new, but that just might be IMO. All of these concepts would be 100x more fascinating if there was human conscious behind it to actually give it some cohesiveness.
This meta storytelling crap is exactly the mindset of these soulless corporations that think just adding random buzz elements like "AI taking control" and "infinite interactions" makes their story interesting.

edit: also sorry, I'm not trying to shit on ur ideas, it at least is something besides just generating stuff in a prompt. im just trying to say all of it CAN be possible with humans, it just takes longer. i don't think there's any point in rushing stuff like anime and video games, but ofc the corporate world is a lot more complex than that.
Kenzolo-folk said:
All the stuff you're suggesting, both video game and anime is just plugging in endless sequences without any actual meaning behind them.

Did you read them? what do you mean no meaning behind them!

All of these had a point! It's not just randomized nothingness, what are you even saying. It's like you ignored every single thing that I said and only focused on the fact that some elements would be unplanned....

You can force AI conversations to lead to predetermined plot points, it is more than possible to make the interactions infinite without making the story random.

Kenzolo-folk said:
All of these concepts would be 100x more fascinating if there was human conscious behind it to actually give it some cohesiveness.

But how?

Like the all routes lead to doom scenario. It's one thing for a few pre determined options to lead to failure, but having FULL control of every single of your actions and still not being able to do anything would hit way harder.

Kenzolo-folk said:
The third game is literally possible without AI, it just takes more effort.

Again, how would you do it? you can get a few of the popular ones sure, but there are infinite things that someone can be scared off, you can't design a final boss for every single one of those things!

Even if you limit it to a manageable number like a 100, you are still creating a 100 boss fights for it to not even cover every fear which also takes a HUGE amount of recourses. It's just wouldn't be worth the effort. no one would do that.

Kenzolo-folk said:
wouldn't you rather play a game with more effort into it then just jumbo mashed together trying to disguise itself as interesting when its not?

I don't think you realize how hard it would be to utilize AI to pull off any of these ideas. It's not as simple as just clicking one button and saying "aight, do the work".

Like the all routes lead to doom example.

you would need to create a gameplay loop that works with those infinite possibilities, you would need to create characters, give them detailed personalities, history and manner of speech, for the AI to use, you would need to write the story, and force the AI to somehow not allow things to get too off the rails and bring it back to the main plot points in the narrative.

It would actually be more work than just writing a story normally, specially if they only use AI for the thing that I said they should use it for.

Kenzolo-folk said:

Is it?

How is a story about a man vs AI, written by a man vs AI not interesting? I mean it's not a buzz word, I don't think anyone has ever done something similar to this.

Kenzolo-folk said:
. i don't think there's any point in rushing stuff like anime and video games, but ofc the corporate world is a lot more complex than that.

Now this I agree with, none of my examples are even possible to do, or at least to do well with the AI of now. These are stuff that could be potentially done with AI in the next few years.

I hate the fact that companies are jumping on it. It's so fucking stupid, cause if they waited just a little longer, The AI might have been actually somewhat capable of doing what they want it to do but noooo "money now" they say. And when the result turns out to be garbage, people will both hate them, and hate AI for being shit!

Even though they are at fault for using it for something that it wasn't ready for.

You know what AI is ready for! Coding!

Every programmer that I know is constantly using AI and it works out AMAZINGLY for them. Programmers are probably the most thankful people about AI right now. and I know this cause It saved me so many hours of googling and experimenting when I was doing my programming course.
APolygons2Jun 3, 12:26 PM
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 3, 12:37 PM

Oct 2023
only for pure comedy. you can't blame some people for being iffy about ai especally considering what's been going on recently
Jun 3, 12:39 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to APolygons2
Kenzolo-folk said:
All the stuff you're suggesting, both video game and anime is just plugging in endless sequences without any actual meaning behind them.

All of these had a point! It's not just randomized nothingness, what are you even saying. It's like you ignored every single thing that I said and only focused on the fact that some elements would be unplanned....

You can force AI conversations to lead to predetermined plot points, it is more than possible to make the interactions infinite without making the story random.

Kenzolo-folk said:
All of these concepts would be 100x more fascinating if there was human conscious behind it to actually give it some cohesiveness.

But how?

Like the all routes lead to doom scenario. It's one thing for a few pre determined options to lead to failure, but having FULL control of every single of your actions and still not being able to do anything would hit way harder.

Kenzolo-folk said:
The third game is literally possible without AI, it just takes more effort.

Again, how would you do it? you can get a few of the popular ones sure, but there are infinite things that someone can be scared off, you can't design a final boss for every single one of those things!

Even if you limit it to a manageable number like a 100, you are still creating a 100 boss fights for it to not even cover every fear which also takes a HUGE amount of recourses. It's just wouldn't be worth the effort. no one would do that.

Kenzolo-folk said:
wouldn't you rather play a game with more effort into it then just jumbo mashed together trying to disguise itself as interesting when its not?

I don't think you realize how hard it would be to utilize AI to pull off any of these ideas. It's not as simple as just clicking one button and saying "aight, do the work".

Like the all routes lead to doom example.

you would need to create a gameplay loop that works with those infinite possibilities, you would need to create characters, give them detailed personalities, history and manner of speech, for the AI to use, you would need to write the story, and force the AI to somehow not allow things to get too off the rails and bring it back to the main plot points in the narrative.

It would actually be more work than just writing a story normally, specially if they only use AI for the thing that I said they should use it for.

Kenzolo-folk said:

Is it?

How is a story about a man vs AI, written by a man vs AI not interesting? I mean it's not a buzz word, I don't think anyone has ever done something similar to this.

Kenzolo-folk said:
. i don't think there's any point in rushing stuff like anime and video games, but ofc the corporate world is a lot more complex than that.

Now this I agree with, none of my examples are even possible to do, or at least to do well with the AI of now. These are stuff that could be potentially done with AI in the next few years.

I hate the fact that companies are jumping on it. It's so fucking stupid, cause if they waited just a little longer, The AI might have been actually somewhat capable of doing what they want it to do but noooo "money now" they say. And when the result turns out to be garbage, people will both hate them, and hate AI for being shit!

Even though they are at fault for using it for something that it wasn't ready for.

You know what AI is ready for! Coding!

Every programmer that I know is constantly using AI and it works out AMAZINGLY for them. Programmers are probably the most thankful people about AI right now. and I know this cause It saved me so many hours of googling and experimenting when I was doing my programming course.
@APolygons2

APolygons2 said:

Yeah but each interaction is junk. Stories add interactions because they're supposed to be moving to the reader or the plot. In the end it forms a cohesive story/development of the characters. This is just to set up to a corny boss fight. if someones able to make this tho that would be impressive, but as a consumer i would probably enjoy it more if the interactions were specific to the story and not just to a boss fight.

APolygons2 said:
How is a story about a man vs AI, written by a man vs AI not interesting?

Explain to me how It is..? Im genuinely trying to find the appeal here. To me its another example of convoluted crap that try to sell you on concept alone when the concept itself is bland. I don't know, maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying fully but to me it doesn't sound interesting. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's good, idk.

APolygons2 said:

Yeah it definitely is, but we're talking about art here lol. shoutout to the programmers tho I'm sure they're having a blast with AI.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 12:57 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@APolygons2

APolygons2 said:

Yeah but each interaction is junk. Stories add interactions because they're supposed to be moving to the reader or the plot. In the end it forms a cohesive story/development of the characters. This is just to set up to a corny boss fight. if someones able to make this tho that would be impressive, but as a consumer i would probably enjoy it more if the interactions were specific to the story and not just to a boss fight.

APolygons2 said:
How is a story about a man vs AI, written by a man vs AI not interesting?

Explain to me how It is..? Im genuinely trying to find the appeal here. To me its another example of convoluted crap that try to sell you on concept alone when the concept itself is bland. I don't know, maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying fully but to me it doesn't sound interesting. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's good, idk.

APolygons2 said:

Yeah it definitely is, but we're talking about art here lol. shoutout to the programmers tho I'm sure they're having a blast with AI.
Kenzolo-folk said:

Have you ever played DnD?

Not as a dungeon master, but as a player. The dungeon master controls your path, and it can lead to some really interesting stories born from it, but you as a player have complete freedom to do whatever you want, if you get lucky enough with your roles and play your cards right, you can even do things that the dungeon master wouldn't want you to do, because while they control everything, they still can't break the rules.

Now, Imagine if that dungeon master, was the AI, and you as the Author, had to play your cards to overcome it.

Now you could write this exact story normally, so why the AI part matters? When a story is written like that, it gets a new emotional response that exists BECUASE OF IT'S NATURE.

If a human character tricks the AI in a normal story, it's just that, a plot point. But if that happens in THIS story, there is a novelty of knowing an actual human tricked an actual AI. There is no normal plot progression, there is no path, it's a story that plays out like a live event.

You could do something like this with DnD too... kinda, but It wouldn't work as well because humans making up stories for other humans to go against doesn't add that Ironic fight to the narrative. Cause at the end of the day, it would be just two people having fun playing with each other. It just wouldn't be the same.

Actually I just had an even cooler idea.

Imagine if this "AI that has taken control" was a collaborative narrative where anyone can join the narrative through a website, and it's story is being created in real time, with millions of characters, all of whom are real thinking humans, going against this ai that is controlling the Narrative!

That sounds so god damn fun, and It would only be possible with AI. No amount of man power could keep track of something like that. but AI might in the next few years.
Also available at:

Jun 3, 1:53 PM

Nov 2018
No, because it would start a domino chain that would kill the industry as a whole. People already get upset when a sequel or remake changes the character design entirely, so what makes you think having AI making the show is a good idea?

100% shit bait you're making here.

Jun 3, 2:06 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@LSSJ_Gaming Never heard of anyone paying to Botticelli or Michelangelo for inheriting the art style and composition. AI works the same way as human brain does, and no art is created from scratch, it's always generations of ancestors behind.

Copyright is just a corporate bullshit that constrains creativity or leaves african children with their cancer. One doesn't need to win a lawsuit to prove he's Banksy.
@LoveYourSmile

it doesn't work the same way the human brain does at all. An AI Model cannot actually understand ways in the ways human does and synthesize new ideas. It can only output what is put in. Meanwhile humans can take ideas from many sources to create something new heavily divorced from the original inspirations. A great example of this would be how the Western Comic artists Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird took heavy inspirations from artists like Jack Kirby and Frank Miller when creating the original 1983 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic, yet you can tell it is distinctly their work as there is the creative touch of a duo of creators who came up with a creative concept through the lens of parodying and creating an homage the creators they admired. Other examples would be how Dragon Ball had a massive influence on many shonen jump titles from basic things like the tournament arc to Goku helping to define the archetype of the shonen protagonist, how Tolkein took inspiration from old folklore to create Middle Earth, and how many JRPGs wouldn't even exist without taking inspiration from Western RPGs like Ultima. Meanwhile all AI can do is regurgitate existing ideas. It cannot build upon inspiration and create something new by remixing ideas, it can only output what is put in and cannot understand basic concepts such as art composition, anatomy and proportions, it regularly misinterprets prompts when generating images and text, and it struggles to keep consistency between pieces, yet alone frames of animation. It even uses stolen works to create this and fundamentally cannot understand what makes the works it is referencing good as it only sees it as data in an algorithmic sense and tries to replicate what it sees while getting every little thing wrong and defeating the whole point of art itself. AI cannot have a creative vision it can only regurgitate what it has been fed, it cannot create new ideas or build off preexisting ones in inventive ways, it just puts out slop and while on the surface to the untrained eye it may look fine, underneath the surface its just trash and definitely should not be replacing human creativity
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 3, 5:43 PM

Jul 2021
Nope.

If a company is trying to replace people with AI, it's to make things cheaper, not better.
Jun 3, 6:12 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to tappdancing786
AI won't be coming up with ideas that have not already been used by a human, as we influence what is input into AI. Not really creative per se.

Let's take the definition of creativity from Oxford Dictionary for those who think that it still is creative.

the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness

Continuing on from the above situation, AI itself will continue to give the same ideas which we have input, not really expanding on them, therefore not original nor creative. Thus AI lacks creativity.

Anyone can do that then and make a career out of it if they wish to, I don't see why AI has to be involved. We can let people keep their jobs and keep the economy going that way.

So no, I wouldn't watch AI anime, like how I wouldn't watch AI Hollywood movies or ever learn appreciate AI art, as it is just influenced by humans, it is not original and lacking the human authenticity that @Lhundrup mentioned
@tappdancing786 Well if you really think about it there are minimal anime that have completely original ideas.

Despite taking massive inspiration from Dragon Ball One Piece and Naruto are their own shows that despite sharing the same backbone of inspiration are completely different and unique stories

The beauty of the genre is making your own story from pieces others have already made.

AI won't be able to generate ideas from nothing but it will be able to make twists on already existing ideas, and with technology's ever-speeding advancement it'll only be a matter of time before AI anime becomes the norm
Jun 3, 6:13 PM
May 2024
No. Hell no. It's antithetical to anime itself especially if the entire production is AI based. I don't care if it'll become the new industry standard, I will aboslutely not watch it.

Jun 3, 6:14 PM

Dec 2021
...well, it seems like OP @solacez had enough of the back and fourth for one lifetime, and deleted their account.

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jun 3, 6:34 PM

Jul 2021
No, I wouldn't watch an anime created by AI.
Jun 3, 7:22 PM

Mar 2024
anyone who believes AI anime should exist are either spokespeople from AI companies in disguise, or actually psychotic. you should not have a say in this if you are not an artist.
Jun 3, 8:16 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Why do you think AI will become the industry standard? Also don't see how it would lead to higher quality. You're definitely right it would lessen the strain on animators... because they would unemployed.

That said, if it's good I'll watch it even if it's made on a toaster

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 3, 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
I wasn't going to come back after saying my piece, but now I see we have another "removed user". Curious. I'm honestly kinda wondering why someones threads stick around when the person goes to the shadow realm. It's not like they can still respond. Kinda says something that this person chose to run away rather than accept anyone could possibly be against AI for valid reasons.
Jun 3, 9:17 PM

Jan 2012
Hell no. Easiest answer ever.
"I can't draw and too lazy to learn to draw. Let's ask AI to draw for me!"
"I can't animate and too lazy to learn to animate. Let's ask AI to animate for me!"
"I can't write and too lazy to learn to write. Let's ask AI to write for me!"
Etc etc.

That's what AI is, a convenient tool for lazy and talentless brain-damaged retards who think inputting a few commands make them "artists". And I'm being too nice with that sentence.
AI has a place in science and technology, but not art.
Jun 3, 9:24 PM
Oct 2023
AI as it currently is? nah, AI in the future? yes
Jun 3, 9:44 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to FanofAction
I wasn't going to come back after saying my piece, but now I see we have another "removed user". Curious. I'm honestly kinda wondering why someones threads stick around when the person goes to the shadow realm. It's not like they can still respond. Kinda says something that this person chose to run away rather than accept anyone could possibly be against AI for valid reasons.
@FanofAction
Because this is a forum not Facebook. Forums are designed to be permanent. It's actually unusual for a forum to even have account deletion but they had to ad it because of some data laws.
Jun 3, 9:45 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I've already had the unfortunate experience of watching fully AI music videos, so I can't outright claim I wouldn't, but I hope we don't see an influx of such productions. We've already seen examples of AI being used for small parts in larger productions, which up to now, I can live with.
Jun 3, 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to traed
@FanofAction
Because this is a forum not Facebook. Forums are designed to be permanent. It's actually unusual for a forum to even have account deletion but they had to ad it because of some data laws.
@traed Huh. Ok then. Just seems kinda weird to me to see all these threads from deleted accounts.
Jun 3, 9:59 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to FanofAction
@traed Huh. Ok then. Just seems kinda weird to me to see all these threads from deleted accounts.
@FanofAction Weird doesn't begin to describe this now deleted user. Google cache says they made their account in May 30th of this year, but the web archive says they made their account in January of last year. Is this cycle of making and deleting then remaking then redeleting accounts normal?!

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jun 3, 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Daviljoe193
@FanofAction Weird doesn't begin to describe this now deleted user. Google cache says they made their account in May 30th of this year, but the web archive says they made their account in January of last year. Is this cycle of making and deleting then remaking then redeleting accounts normal?!

@Daviljoe193 It's definitely not "normal". The only thing that makes any amount of sense is for whatever reason, he deleted his account last year, then decided to come back this year using the same name. Again, for some reason. If he said some shit and was worried people would remember him, it'd make more sense to use a different name...I dunno. Maybe he's gone for good this time.
Jun 3, 10:44 PM

Jan 2020
It depends on the usage. If it's used to alleviate some of the stress on the animators by using AI to mainline animation, I support it. However, if it's being used for things like backgrounds, the actual art, music, etc. I can't and won't support it. My partner is an artist, I have relatives who are artists working in entertainment industries, my friends are artists, I make art and given everything I cannot willingly support AI content.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jun 4, 12:52 AM

Mar 2020
Sure why not Corridor's AI anime looked pretty cool
Jun 4, 3:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
a lot of this generic seasonal anime feels ai-generated anyway

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 3:26 AM

Jan 2015
I really hope ill never have to live a times where anime is made fully by ai
My candies:
Jun 4, 11:26 AM

Feb 2017
no

I don't believe it will make anime higher quality or even really make it easier on animators/artists. The artists will just be getting paid to make corrections to the ai's output rather than making art themselves that they are passionate about. Corporations aren't going to adopt ai to make their worker's lives better, they will adopt it to cut costs and make it so they don't have to employ as many artists. The ways that ai are probably going to get implemented first are replacing background artists, or be used to write scripts, or be used to imitate voice actors. I doubt it's going to do much to help with the actual grunt work like inbetweens.

JKKHJun 4, 11:30 AM
Jun 4, 11:28 AM
Mar 2024
Nope. Animators have slaved away to bring us all of the animes we love - I feel as though switching to AI is just a big slap in the face to their efforts??? I'm not entirely against it if its just used simply to make the process easier, like cgi but I think it should remain as it is. Probs won't tho...... oh well :)
Jun 4, 5:34 PM

Apr 2024
Having seen some AI "produced" animations.... probably not any time soon
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jun 5, 1:38 AM

May 2018
As long it is bearable to watch then why not.

Jun 5, 8:11 AM

Feb 2022
Would you watch AI anime?

no that would be awful
Jun 5, 10:07 AM

Nov 2015
No. I cannot value things created without any effort or skill, and watching stuff that a scraping AI mismashed together, trained on stolen assets just feels so dystopian to me. It cannot create anything new that it has not fed on. Using AI to speed up production to reduce tedium of the work, maybe, but I would not watch anything "complete" AI spews out. I feel the same about AI generated art. Completely soulless and thus worthless and usually full on small nonsensical mistakes.
Jun 5, 10:18 AM

Apr 2017
If the AI is used for fill in frames or other animation purposes, probably. If you mean stories and storyboards made by AI, obviously not. You're dogmatic philistine fixation on "progress" is deplorable. Art is an expression of the human experience, an AI has never taken a walk in a forest, never smelled a scent, never enjoyed someone's company. It is an algorithmic regurgitation of its database. How you want to let your brain be filled by this capitalist nightmare is beyond me.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 7, 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
I do not care about AI anime. It will matter very little when we have you-know-what looming on the horizon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 5 hours ago

19 by Azuchi »»
13 minutes ago

» "Its better than those Trash Isekai Shows"

BerriesSan - Sep 26

18 by TheMechaManiac »»
14 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

726 by fluffy_dreams »»
21 minutes ago

» Collection of CPM Auditions For Outlanders

RareAnimeHunter - 2 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
37 minutes ago

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

10 by ALEXxAMI »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.