Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 1, 3:07 PM

Feb 2011
When kafka's Kaijuu self was pissing out of his nipples after watching hishino fight the air I laughed out loud

fantastic episode

kikoru is so cute too.

4/5

Jun 1, 3:07 PM
Apr 2021
The fight with Hoshina and Kafka was so lit man Production I.G is really doing this show so much justice man I love it, the fight was so fluid and Hoshina’s skill number 6 was such a cool thing to see animated🔥🔥

Bro I’m caught up with the manga but I deadass have no fucking clue who that red kaiju is who pulled up at the end of the episode so I guess I’m definitely gonna be surprised by next weeks episode haha😭

It was such a wholesome moment with the cadets when Kafka got promoted to an officer like guys I’ll tell you rn that the Kaiju No. 8 cast is one of the most realest ppl there that you can’t hate their just nice ass ppl like how this episode showed us🥹🥹🥹
Jun 1, 3:15 PM
May 2024
Everything about this series so far has been amazing. No real disappointments from me. The battle sequence in Eps 8 was fantastic. Interesting to learn about Kaiju no. 9 eating others to take over their bodies. Gives Cell vibes.
Jun 1, 3:33 PM
Sep 2017
it felt a bit rushed
Jun 1, 3:39 PM

Dec 2022
that Coala beer mug in the style of Corona
real cathartic calm before the storm shit about to hit the fan kind of feel ep
Jun 1, 4:08 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to rinnmakesmusic
We got Daddy Hoshina this episode🥹
@rinnmakesmusic I'm not ok, he's so sexyyyyyyyyyy
Jun 1, 4:47 PM
Aug 2021
The comedy in this anime never fails. They always know how 2 make u laugh. The Vice Captain is really strong with or without his suit. He finally became a full fledged officer.
Jun 1, 5:06 PM

Dec 2013
It's a miracle that Kafka survived that fight. The vice-captain is no joke.

It was funny how Reno was so close to revealing Kafka's identity. Luckily, Iharu is so gullible.

It's nice that Hoshina has some faith in Kafka. He will definitely bring 110% of his 1% combat power!
Jun 1, 5:16 PM
Jul 2021
Am I the only one who’s audio was messed up and offset
Jun 1, 5:41 PM

Apr 2022
pretty good episode. hoshina vs kafka was well done, the blue vs purple looked cool and i liked the camera movement as well. interesting seeing kafka/kaijuu no.8 and hoshina's dynamic knowing they fight and are friendly otherwise. also kafka one step closer to mina.
Jun 1, 5:50 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to WaterMage
Hoshina and Kafkas fight was nice but I hoped Hoshina would do more damage every fight this far been too one sided.
Still Hoshina is the best male character of the series and only behind Shinomiya for me.
Also the smile in the end for Mina when she honoured Kafka was nice
@Macha_Chele I mean it was established at the exams or whatever that Kaiju no 8's level was monstroulsy high. I'm surprised Hoshina could keep up honestly, Kafka is incredibly strong in his Kaiju form. I can see embers of influence of One Punch Man with this manga among other influences, so that's not suprising. Still Hoshina is great, he could definitely kill Kafka if Kafka got lazy.

Great episode. I never really got the hate for Kafka he's a solid character, I love how he's both mature and incredibly goofy/caring like a young dad. Hoshina's dynamic with him is more interesting than Mina at the moment to be honest. Mostly because Mina's kind of in her own world at the moment.
Jun 1, 5:56 PM
Feb 2023
the final was hype
Jun 1, 6:27 PM

Jul 2020
Both the vice-captain and Kaiju No. 9 are seriously intimidating for entirely different reasons. Khafka is in some serious trouble if things continue as is.
Jun 1, 6:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As expected from Prod.IG, the visual of the fight still consistently good. Glad to know Kafka manage to escape, but for how long he decided to run away from the vice captain hunt while trying to hunt those humanoid kaijuu around down as well? At least he got that promotion tho, that's the point of this arc, right? Oh Kaijuu no.9 also getting the recognition as well, getting hype by how the sky kaijuu also having those humanoid leader too. What number it receives?

Kikoru tsundereness still doin great combo with all Kafka banter, and don't forget how she always saved his ass from getting revealed especially from Iharu suspiciousness. Its all good then....

Wonder what will happening next?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 1, 6:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The Hoshina fight scene was intense, very clever of Kafka to get Hoshina to predict where Hoshina was going to strike next and stop the attack.

Nice comradery in the celebration too, with Kafka finally being a full fledged officer thanks to his knowledge. A great payoff for him after the first mission.

Can't wait for what comes next, the air raid attack introduces a brand new enemy that's really fun to watch.
Jun 1, 6:58 PM
Mar 2019
This may be the calm before the storm, everyone laughing & joking together.
Jun 1, 7:09 PM
Aug 2018
Oh shit Kaiju No. 10 🔥🔥🔥
Jun 1, 7:47 PM

Dec 2020
each of the last few episodes has really elevated my opinion of this anime! a few weeks ago i probably would've said it's so-so, but i'm really starting to enjoy it more than i thought.
Jun 1, 8:43 PM

May 2019
I wonder if Hoshina suspects that Kafka and Kaiju No. 8 are related somehow as he felt the fight was off and noticed No. 8 went for his weapon instead of his face, and also because Hoshina soon promoted him. I'm also thinking Hoshina will keep an eye on Kafka on the upcoming kaiju fight which, based on the comments here, is No. 10.
Jun 1, 8:51 PM
Apr 2024
more order in the mobile interface
Jun 1, 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode.

Only quip is the end of Kafka and Hoshina's fight felt like a bit of a cop out.
Interesting that Hoshina already noticed Kaiju No.8 fights like a human.

Also, am I the only one that wants to know more about Aoi Kaguragi?
Jun 1, 9:42 PM

Mar 2019
It's weird how I can tolerate American superheroes hiding their identity, but there's something about Kafka hiding his Kaiju form that is really annoying to me. I don't know why. I know it would mean a threat to his life, but it's just so annoying to watch.

At the very least why didn't he try and talk during the fight with Hoshina? When he's in his Kaiju form and talks, that form masks his voice right? Could have said something there even if Hoshina wasn't going to listen at that moment just to have him think differently after their battle.

Anyway, looks like things are going to pick up judging from the final scene so hopefully we can get past the training-I want to get stronger crap and get into something more interesting.
Jun 1, 9:46 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi made the force
Jun 1, 9:51 PM

Mar 2007
Anyone else besides me wondering how many episodes before the 2nd in command figures out he is Kaiju #8?
Jun 1, 11:08 PM

Jan 2011
Fun episode and much better than some of the others. I really liking the Vice Captain. This show isn't going to be a 9 or 10 but it has been very enjoyable. That sucks since this was on track to being an S tier shonen series for me.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 1, 11:26 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I hope that Kaguragi's statement about hoping that nobody dies doesn't turn into a death flag.

Also, during that party, I loved the Coala beer with Corona's capital C.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 2, 1:12 AM
Dec 2022
The fight between Kaiju No. 8 and Vice Captain Hoshino is on another level altogether. Kafka has good sense to be worried. Still it was Hoshino that recommended him to be promoted to full officer and join the Defense Force. Will be interesting to see how both him and Captain Mina do when they learnt of his real identity. Now what's the humanoid kaiju controlling the flock of flying kaijus. Look forward to that.
Jun 2, 2:40 AM
May 2021
thought kafka was dreaming of that officer shit and who is that giga red fucker lowkey he looks intimidating as fuck
Jun 2, 2:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm enjoying this series so much. Much better that all the isekai sequels that are topping the charts right now.

Mina is still so arrogant and unnecessarily aloof. Boy if she knew that not only could Kafka fight by her side, he could vaporize her with a couple of blows.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 4:47 AM
Mar 2019
Slow episode, but with a lot of character development for Kafka.This sets up a major clash for the next episode methinks. Kikaru though is just a full-blooded tsundere. hihi
Jun 2, 5:46 AM
Feb 2021
Finally a couple of decent episodes huh, still a tremendously generic series, at least we are only 4 episodes away from the end of this barely decent first season
Jun 2, 5:47 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Antony136
the final was hype
@Antony136

So is this Kaiju no 10?
Jun 2, 6:14 AM

Jan 2017
I failed to notice this at first, but my, Captain Hoshina is so freaking cool. TBH he's like Captain Levi of AOT. He's now one of my favorites in the show, and discovering the fact that he has the same VA as Gen Asagiri (Dr. Stone) and Tokito Muichirou (Demon Slayer) made me realize why I feel some sense of familiarity in him. He also speaks Kansai-ben, which is a dialect I find so sexy (me and my quirks haha)
Jun 2, 6:34 AM
Aug 2023
Gave me warm butterflies.
Jun 2, 6:50 AM

Nov 2017
Hoshina's fighting style resembles Levi in ​​Shingeki no Kyojin! And Hibino is already promoted!? It promises for the future, especially since we'll see more one-on-one interactions between him and Mina!
Jun 2, 7:17 AM

Jul 2013
It's bullshit that one of the best fights of this show, so far, is between two of the good guys and it was so fucking short! Speaking of short, this show ends after 4 more episodes wtf another bullshit right there.
Jun 2, 10:20 AM

Mar 2010
The fights and violence are cool asf but damn I need more romance and shit between the blonde gal or that hoshino gal.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 2, 11:14 AM
Jun 2015
Ironic, the same one that’s tryna kill him is also the same one that promoted him to a full fledged Defense officer.

Congratulations Kafka!

A new enemy awaits
Jun 2, 12:18 PM

Jul 2022
Hoshina is quite tough. Although brief, his fight against Kaiju No. 8 was impressive. However, the blow to his ego for not finishing it off is making Kafka fear for his life.
Finally, Kafka was recognized and promoted to soldier. If the new Kaiju No. 9 wasn't enough, now another humanoid Kaiju is going to appear.

PS: Stop shipping Kafka with Kikoru. It's strange, not only because of the age difference but also because their relationship is more like that of an older brother and younger sister.
Jun 2, 12:19 PM
Mar 2018
The vice-captain is so badass! The fight was over pretty quick, but I still enjoyed every second of it! I also happen to like the character more and more; he seemed one-note in the beginning, but that's changed recently. I'm glad he noticed Kafka's work and recommended him for a promotion.

Also, the whole scene at the restaurant was really sweet! I enjoyed watching the characters interact off the battlefield, in a relaxed environment.

Mina's smile was so cute. x)
Jun 2, 12:59 PM
Aug 2015
great fight in the beginning and great atmosphere during the party, looking forward to more episodes
Jun 2, 2:42 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka's wacky misadventures continue as he fights one of the worst enemies imaginable: his own commanding officer. It's fascinating to see Kafka attempt to escape Hoshina without seriously harming him, while also realizing that he unintentionally underestimated Hoshina's own skills.

Luckily, fate smiles upon Kafka and he escapes with his secret still hidden, but that will probably be the least of his problems, as more enemies are on their way and he might not be strong enough to beat them.
Jun 2, 3:46 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Another fantastic episode. Kafka finally getting promoted was something I was looking forward to seeing this episode. The next couple of episodes are going to be crazy and I can’t wait to see them adapted.
Jun 2, 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
What in hell was that thing flying over the city? Its design looked so sick!

Another solid episode. "Fight" against Hoshina was shorter than expected but still pretty entertaining.
Also glad to see Kafka getting promoted, and recognized in front of everyone by Hoshina. Everyone being so happy for him sure was wholesome.
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Feb 2019
they have another humanoid kaiju lurking overhead in the sky?

well, kafka's got more to worry about, especially now that vice-cap's after his alter ego and is intent on killing him the next time they face off lol
Jun 2, 7:38 PM

Dec 2020
this show is so awesome!

hell yes good sho!
Jun 2, 8:20 PM
May 2017
I like this dynamic between kafka and hoshina, i can imagine the look on his face when he discovers his nemesis is his beloved underling
Jun 2, 10:14 PM
Apr 2017
Banger episode. Keeps getting better and better
Jun 3, 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
For the amount of hate the OP/ED got, they've really grown on me and I actually really like them lol. Although I wish the OP visuals were a bit better, the song choice really fits.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 3, 6:49 AM
Jun 2019
fire fire fire, Soliddddd epi
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

74 by removed-user »»
Sep 26, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

229 by higherthanhigh »»
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.