Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Oh yes, the Assassin's Guild. Not going to lie, they got some odd characters and one of them is particularly intimidating especially Jade.

Tbh, when someone like Jade runs a guild, people are always gonig to feel intimidated. Not going to lie, this episode got dark in a painful way.
May 20, 9:51 AM

Dec 2021
Ren's smile must be protected at all costs.

Having bonded with members of the Assassin's Guild, Lloyd becomes intrigued by Jade Lordost's ability of uncontrollable teleportation. Guided by a letter from Jade, they head to Lodost Lord's Manor together. Upon arrival, the members of the Assassin's Guild rejoice at reuniting with Jade... to which Jade had other plans and planned to give up their bodies to the people in the manor. Luckily just as things looked dire, Lloyd had arrived.

These guys are pretty dense ngl. I mean, I get it's your leader, and you're excited to see him again after so long, but it was obviously a trap. Otherwise, Jade would have just come himself instead of bothering to write a letter. I mean, just look at him... Never trust a character with that kind of pupil. But I mean ofc, Lloyd would come in to save the day. It's obvious, like, lol, he's the MC, why wouldn't he? And in a badass way, as usual. It was obvious Jade would be a villain, whether that be because they literally spoiled it in that KV for the arc that released or just the signs, but yeah.

Oh, Jade... you've messed with the wrong prince.

May 20, 10:00 AM

Jun 2021
I'm so glad with how well the studio nailed the adaptation. This episode was amazing from start to finish!
Nero_MoonlightMay 20, 10:05 AM
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
May 20, 10:07 AM
Jul 2023
Even with a foreseen twist, It still god damn effective!
The VAs really done a great job, Rieri especially, can’t remember the last time hearing her voice so desperate, heartbroken and in anguish. Pure evil
MainnusMay 20, 10:12 AM
May 20, 10:10 AM

Jan 2008
You know shits getting serious when they skip the opening AND the ending.
May 20, 10:17 AM

Jan 2020
Guisarme has finally made his entrance, block it, dodge it or run away, that's not for you to decide.
May 20, 10:22 AM

Jun 2008
Too much crying, too much explaining obvious crap, too little happening.
Least interessting episode so far.

They try way too hard to get me invested in characters that are way too new.
It's not working, no matter how much they make them cry.

Also the whole setup with Loyd being asleep to achieve this forced drama to get me invested in these characters feels cheaply put together.
Ryoda-May 20, 10:26 AM
May 20, 10:28 AM

Feb 2022
4 episodes left, now the studio will have a long battle with Guisarme, this entity is much much stronger than the previous villain.
May 20, 10:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
How fuckin epic was that?! Astounded how intense this got, animation turned up even harder than it usually does, too.
May 20, 10:42 AM
Nov 2021
and now the anime is just starting to get started, the first real villain is here for this season
May 20, 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
Fuck.... that actually hurt to watch. That's a lot of suffering. The only solace is that Lloyd is probbaly going to be more merciless they usual, as he seems to like the assassins, and really wanted to meet Jade. He's going to beat that demon ass worse then he's ever beaten anyone.
May 20, 10:51 AM
Feb 2020
Flags being raised for Jade from mile away.Was rolling my eyes when hes revealed as evil and being a dick to them outta nowhere after all this time.

But then im glad they gave an actual reason for it and real Jade was who he was.Grim trying to let Llyod run away makes no sense at all tho.He of all ppl shouldve known he'd body the not Jade.
May 20, 11:32 AM

Apr 2022
damn that one shot was sick, but honestly I'd rather see that guy tortured for a little bit
May 20, 11:34 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to Builder45
Flags being raised for Jade from mile away.Was rolling my eyes when hes revealed as evil and being a dick to them outta nowhere after all this time.

But then im glad they gave an actual reason for it and real Jade was who he was.Grim trying to let Llyod run away makes no sense at all tho.He of all ppl shouldve known he'd body the not Jade.
@Builder45 There is a reason why Grim wanted Lloyd to run away, which will be revealed. Grim knows something we don't. But he also doesn't know some things about Lloyd.
May 20, 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
Gotta love Ren for what she did. Lloyd's here and he ain't happy, that magic at the end was epic but the fight's not over. Next episode should have epic action.
May 20, 1:18 PM
May 2024
FIRE... too fire. This anime is lit ngl.
May 20, 2:18 PM

Feb 2019
You know the episode about to be a banger when the OP and ED get skipped. Pure build up and action in this one, probably the best episode so far.

The wholesome backstory with Jade and the Assassin’s guild, particularly his relationship with Ren and how happy she was to see him again coming crashing down in the last 5 minutes with Guisarme’s reveal was a crazy 180. They really lulled us to sleep with all the sweet moments just to break our hearts.

Guisarme deserves the most painful death imaginable for trampling on peoples’ lives like this. Was so hard seeing the assassin guild pinned down with that gravity magic and just breaking down at the thought of losing their friend for good. The shot of him staring down Ren with those spiral eyes gave me flashbacks to Fire Force. Very similar to how faces were depicted there in tense moments.

And fuck him for mocking Jade’s parents deaths.

Took him a while to get there but Lloyd made one hell of an entrance. Chills. Can’t wait to see him face off with an enemy who should be able to give him a challenge for once based on the PV. .. I’m guessing Guisarmme planed to use Jade’s teleportation ability to teleport his minions from the netherworld across the world or something? Hopefully we learn more next episode.
Marinate1016May 20, 5:12 PM
May 20, 2:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I NEED a figurine of Ren... or at least some merch.... Slave girls aside, she's easily top 3 waifus of the year material

Marinate1016 said:
Another ep of peak shota fanservice

gimme more sexy tan ninja thong loli fanservice instead.... she needs to take that stupid robe off....

oh... and more Tao and the maid too...
EcchiGodMamsterMay 20, 2:43 PM
May 20, 2:36 PM

Mar 2019
oh man i remember this part in the manga. The "call the ambulance" meme comes to my mind
May 20, 2:45 PM

Feb 2017
Can any of you young folks explain what サルーム(saloum) is?
My google isn't what it used to be and all I get is some stuff from Africa.
May 20, 2:48 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to Luxeraph
Can any of you young folks explain what サルーム(saloum) is?
My google isn't what it used to be and all I get is some stuff from Africa.
@Luxeraph It's the name of the Kingdom.
May 20, 3:08 PM

May 2023
FIREE EPISODEE, Ren's smile had to be protected after all.

Poor Jade, he had to sacrifice himself to Guisarme, a truly cruel devil. They really didn't think that the Jade they knew wasn't the real Jade anymore.

Lloyd comes with Explosion destroying that area of ​​the kingdom in an instant, and cliffhanger arghhh.

Tsumugi Akita Animation really did justice to the manga, next episode is the episode that I am really looking forward to.
NezuSwallowtail_May 20, 5:21 PM
May 20, 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Man this anime slaps to hard, i expected some trashy ass isekai but god daym this is some crisp ass animations that keeps on giving every episode.

Next episode is gonna be sick, that demon survived a literal nuke laser.

May 20, 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
That's it, this episode was very well done, that's cool, I liked it
May 20, 5:41 PM
Oct 2016
Did Loyd just blow a hole to the core of the planet?
May 20, 5:47 PM
Nov 2018
Ryoda- said:

Also the whole setup with Loyd being asleep to achieve this forced drama to get me invested in these characters feels cheaply put together.

What's wrong with setting the scene for the next fight? I thought it was a really good episode.
May 20, 5:51 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to Raistlarn
Did Loyd just blow a hole to the core of the planet?
@Raistlarn yup, in the manga when the two of them fight they destroy a mountain and Lloyd almost send guisarame into the magma
May 20, 6:12 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Between all the flashbacks and idiotic nap time, this was the worst episode so far of a less than mediocre anime
May 20, 6:21 PM
Oct 2019
God damn this might be one of the best animes I've seen in a while. not an original idea but they went hard on everything. the animation is top notch, its hilarious, the characters are awesome. sick af and down right insane fight scenes. it does have some questionable fan service but man is it a great show.
May 20, 6:36 PM
Jan 2018
Moppit said:
Ryoda- said:

What's wrong with setting the scene for the next fight? I thought it was a really good episode.

Leave him and the one underneath the next comment, people who think too highly of their "opinion" nobody is trying to get you invested or watch or whatever little buddy, if this is not for you then drop it and move on to something that's more your cup of tea, but then I guess that would be too mature of a thing to do 😉

Good luck👋🏽
May 20, 6:44 PM

Jan 2020
Mfs will call the setup trash just so they can get their instant gratification, do these people eat their food raw? Just let the story cook. 😂

Gotta say, the adaptation is stellar so far, I still think the manga has just a bit more to it, but that's just me, simply an amazing time and I cannot wait for next Monday.
May 20, 7:24 PM

Feb 2019
i knew something fishing was going on with jade, and lloyd picked up on it. and as always, a true hero always makes a badass appearance just as his comrades are about to be decimated lol
May 20, 7:44 PM

Apr 2021
I was thinking…

“Is Loyd going to show up before the end?”

And then Loyd blows a huge whole in the earth

😂😅

This show is so much fun
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 20, 10:14 PM
Oct 2019
So happy that the adaptation is so good, I think the animation and sound compensate nicely for the contrast of grayscale and colored pages.

Also, I adore that Lloyd never lost that street urchin personality.
May 20, 10:23 PM
May 2019
YES, this is what sold my interest in the manga and the anime did not disappoint!
May 20, 10:31 PM

Mar 2008
Ren x Lloyd ship here we come. Lloyd gonna fuck a demon up. This anime has been top tier. Never a dull moment for me.
May 20, 11:32 PM
May 2023
This was kind of the best episode so far...I am so impressed. This might go in my favorites. The animation was on top, completely peak, the emotions, the humor, fanservice too. This anime is everything
May 20, 11:47 PM
Nov 2023
Now bro finally started to get serious 😈
May 21, 12:56 AM

Feb 2011
great episode, loved the dynamic entry with him putting barriers on everyone and nuking the place.

lloyd when he's serious is awesome.

May 21, 2:38 AM
Jun 2017
What a plot twist we have here, im surprised with what i have watched today, i feel sad for the assassins guild, as they have thought its the JAde they are looking for, only to find out its already a demon (Guisarme)
May 21, 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
Ahhhh holy shit that was intense. It's been a while since i've been so much on the edge of my seat! This knew villain and the spawn designs were really fresh. We've seen stuff like this before, but the depiction was so clean, and the colours and eyes were so good.

Lloyd is very smart; never give a powerful foe time to react, preemptively strike with tactical yield.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 21, 5:35 AM

Nov 2014
oh C'MON bro... I hate such ending! Worst ending of episode... pure evil!

And we know he used teleportationg to avoid the hit ofc!
May 21, 5:50 AM

Feb 2021
Jade's soul and body have already been taken by a netherworld demon. Luckily that He's coming at the right time.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 21, 6:09 AM
Apr 2023
I thought this is some slice of life cutesy anime about a kid's obsession with magic but damn this episode was so good! for someone who doesn't read the manga, the cliffhanger ending really surprised me it gave me chills! I think the build up is sooo good, introducing us to the assassins guild's dynamic and the background for Jade. I did predict Jade might somehow be a bad guy but I didn't predict it would be that intense!
May 21, 6:19 AM

Sep 2022
Very intense episode. I like how the group gets humiliated and the little Shota brat comes to the rescue at the very last second. Somehow this is fascinating.
May 21, 8:50 AM

Dec 2022
i can imagine his brothers face coming with an army seeing the destruction Lloyd did

also Lloyd vs the demon lord finally someone who can somewhat keep up with Lloyd knowing Lloyd he will probably manage to save jade
May 21, 11:04 AM

Jun 2016
omg the animation and the enemies is fucking awesomely cool !!

May 21, 12:00 PM
Apr 2020
Ryoda- said:

how is it cheap setup when he literally woke up in the middle of the night, went to their hideout, fought all of them, and then flew them like 3/4 of the way there all with no rest? but it's forced because he's tired and literally hasn't slept in two episodes which is essentially two days, because we see that Slypha and her brother found the note he left and are potentially about to wage war on that kingdom cause they think he's naked and a hostage
May 21, 2:38 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to DmonHiro
@Builder45 There is a reason why Grim wanted Lloyd to run away, which will be revealed. Grim knows something we don't. But he also doesn't know some things about Lloyd.
@DmonHiro so this new demon is actually stronger than Grim ? i really want to see how Grim will help and fight with Lloyd
May 21, 4:14 PM

Oct 2017
'was it kino?' is coming
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

53 by james_lima »»
Jul 23, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17

93 by LambdaGreen »»
Jul 18, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 1

213 by Canon_Apodox4869 »»
Jul 14, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

62 by Piromysl »»
Jul 8, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

85 by DeanP »»
Jul 4, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.