Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2023 5:08 AM

Apr 2020
How to feed your big dog and bubbly pillow - The Animation
It's adorable but gets repetitive. The characters are good enough for a watch though.
7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 31, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2020
I do hope there will be a 2nd season in the future because this anime is one of the best isekai anime I've ever seen I don't want it to end up in one of those great anime with no sequel 
Mar 31, 2023 6:45 PM
Jul 2019
Blackbird said:
Noooo where is my second season? :D
I want to see another season too. :3
Mar 31, 2023 6:49 PM

Jan 2020
I’ll miss you Sui. Hopefully I’ll get to see you in another season.

Overall, this was such a relaxing type of show to watch. I know there was some action in it, but I just felt at ease watching this anime. I don’t really know how else to describe that feeling, lol
AnimillionMar 31, 2023 6:52 PM
Mar 31, 2023 8:08 PM
Dec 2022
Love it so much that i what to see more
Mar 31, 2023 11:22 PM
May 2019
I loved the scene of them washing Fel. I really hope Mappa makes a season 2!
Apr 1, 2023 11:01 AM

Dec 2016
That was the most refreshing isekai anime I've ever watched. Really enjoyed it.

Those delicious meals...I wish I could taste them.

I hope it gets a second season soon. I'm really curious about the other guild they're going to visit.

8/10
Apr 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2021
LOL Mukouda & Fel are both weak towards Sui's cuteness! ❤️
I'm gonna miss this show, hope this gets a S2!!!

Apr 2, 2023 2:58 PM
Feb 2017
Combines all the fun of Restaurant to another world with all the comfy tropes of other isekai, like outdoor bathing, adventuring, monster slaying, and dodging world politics. I'd love another season <3
Apr 2, 2023 4:06 PM

May 2018
ok those pouring animations are out of this world :D

dam I'm so jealous I would love some 'beef' stew too

6/10
ByniavoApr 2, 2023 4:17 PM
Apr 3, 2023 12:23 AM
Aug 2020
Can anyone tell me which chapter in manga did the anime end?
Apr 4, 2023 5:38 AM

Jan 2014
I've waited until the end to see if there's any interaction between Mukoda and the hero party, kinda dissapointed that they didn't met on a certain journey.
I feel bad for the hero party though, they eat plain and bland food, they didn't think that online grocery is a cheat to live a fortune in another world without worry.
Apr 4, 2023 8:07 PM
Aug 2016
if you are looking for something with hilarious actions sequences and fun cooking montages then this anime is for you.

Apr 5, 2023 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
This show was peak comfy, it deserves a season 2.

Apr 9, 2023 4:30 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really enjoyed this anime. I feel a little bad that I was comparing other anime to it a lot, but I was trying to find a way to put into words why this anime seemed to work for me when other similar-ish anime just didn't do it for me. First, like I've said before, I like how in this isekai things from the other world actually matter to what's going on in the story-- not just once but all the time. It's not like a passing thought. It's also not difficult to accept that Mukouda is good at cooking. Unlike many characters who receive a bunch of this and that and train on a million slimes or whatever else, Mukouda just cooks. It's a skill that might seem so basic, but it's that idea of this basic guy who has this "basic" skill that if fostered can do so much. It's like anyone can do it, but he's done it. Meanwhile, Mukouda starts out weak in magic, something it would really benefit him to have out in the wild... if he didn't have Fel and Sui with him. In general though, Moukouda has a pretty fair trade off for the "power" he gains. In exchange for Fel and Sui's strength, he has to cook a bunch of food all the time and venture to dangerous areas he doesn't want to deal with. That and despite things like his familiars slaying tons of this or that, Mukouda had to be the one to cut the ears off of each one in the end. Meanwhile, if he doesn't feed his familiars then I'm not sure if they'd stay or they might not cooperate properly. A good give and take. I did appreciate that even though he'd get annoyed with Fel, he'd still stop and realize that he wouldn't have his cozy isekai life if it weren't for him and Sui, so it was nice to see him actually be more than happy to cook after a while. Also, did enjoy that Mukouda wasn't exactly a perfect person even with that. He straight up would refuse to try to get better sometimes and was even cowardly in many situations. But I do like that he's lowkey down to try new things based off of what his familiars are hoping for. Like he's a decent character. He's slightly improved from darn near not wanting to adventure to being willing on his own terms. Not bad. Unlike some MCs who just kinda belittle the people around them and just kinda get away with it, I appreciated how if Mukouda did say something like an insult, he would still follow it up with something nice or some type of action to show he actually cared even if it was just something like making food he knew Fel would love. This episode, though he kept calling Fel dirty/filthy at first, he went out of his way to call him a handsome doggo and such. It was very cute.

MCs with similar personalities to Mukouda's came off as really flat often because they were so OP that they kinda didn't need anyone and it kinda sometimes felt like they'd treat the people around them condescendingly. It just makes a difference when the MC treats the people around them with a little more fondness like Mukouda does-- but it was also just nice that it wasn't nice all the time when it came to Fel especially since Fel and Mukouda really don't see eye to eye.

Like it's just good because almost everything balances out here... ALMOST. One of the only things about this anime that I didn't like were the goddesses. I felt they were kinda useless and actually detracted from the story. I swear they had them in there just because there weren't enough females. It would have been infinitely more interesting to have Fel keep pushing Mukouda to get better at magic rather than having him just get stronger for buying a few things online and offering them. If he was cooking for them and they required a lot of food as well or at least really GOOD cooked food that he had to actually try harder for then that would have been more satisfying. Just kinda giving him blessings for some pudding or whatever was pretty underwhelming and a little annoying.

Overall, I actually enjoyed this anime a lot and could watch more! I don't know if I ever said, but I really liked the OP and ED. Yuuma Uchida did really well singing the ED and I enjoyed how the OP reminded me of... Disney's Aladdin-- but I'm not fond of that movie so that's maybe not a good comparison-- but just it reminded me of like a musical number in a musical animation film in sound yet still distinctly an anime OP sound as well. Kinda fun!

Last thing, this anime definitely got me to want to try cooking more meats. Dang, they made the meats look so delicious. And so I did! I've been experimenting with meats and it's been nice! I was even trying to find the sauces used for the steaks in an earlier episode but messed up thinking it was steak sauce and forgot it was soy sauce. I'd have to look in the soy sauce section next time. I really wanted to try that garlic sauce. I might be able to try it in Japan if I don't get some this week. But yeah, good times with Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi. The last isekai cooking anime I've watched have been okay enough, but I thnk this one is one of my favorites for sure. The whole actually showing what he's doing part got me into it more instead of just telling me what's in it and how good it tastes like some of the other anime. Good stuff.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 9, 2023 5:23 AM
Mar 2023
MC is just becoming unbearable and the show is quite repetitive, I'd still watch season 2 tho
Apr 9, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2016
Had fun watching this anime. Even though it got repetitive after the first few episodes, it was still a relaxing and quite enjoyable watch. Would have been even better if the MC was a bit more proactive and ambitious about learning more about the isekai world, leveling up and obtaining new skills. But I guess that's too much to ask for in an anime focused on cooking. Overall, a good isekai slice of life cooking anime. 7/10. Sui-chan = best girl.

Apr 9, 2023 10:49 PM
Sep 2018
I had a terrible hangover, but watching this anime helped a lot so respect. Just make sure to eat something before watching lol

Apr 10, 2023 8:53 PM
Mar 2023
Overall the whole cooking scene was very enjoyable to watch. The character development is good. The slow storyline fits the main theme of slow life in isekai. Can't wait for season 2.
Apr 12, 2023 9:31 PM

Sep 2018
I enjoy this isekai anime, no drama, no harem just chill and eat/cooking! I adore Sui, I hope Mappa animate his own adventure too (I heard that Sui have own story)
SEASON TWO PLEASEEEE!
Apr 13, 2023 9:16 PM
Apr 2023
Please make new episode, i like sui
Apr 14, 2023 12:37 PM
Dec 2015
nice episod an seriei at all
Apr 15, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2023
A lot of loveable characters!
Apr 18, 2023 3:36 AM
May 2022
it was nice that Fenrir was washed by his friend
Apr 21, 2023 7:19 PM

Oct 2022
Shockingly the food turned out to be revolting part for me as they kept on mentioning using the meat of Orcs, etc. which honestly killed my appetite! Add in the timid MC who, despite possessing magic, opts to wuss out of most situation! His character needs further development moving forward and I feel like his abilities could be used much more effectively if he is pushed!

The characters you do enjoy following around is Uncle Fel who is this mythical, ferocious, beastly, gormandizer, overeater glutton of a Fenrir who loves finding and devouring meat above all else! And let’s not forget the star of the show, Sui Pew-Pew who is just too adorable! This little ball of cuteness is not to be underestimated as it will burn you with deadly acid if you are distracted by its sublimeness! On the whole this is a fun anime to watch, different and fresh with its take on the Isekai but just lacks the Gourmet flavor!

Apr 23, 2023 10:11 PM

Jun 2019
cableguyjay said:
Shockingly the food turned out to be revolting part for me as they kept on mentioning using the meat of Orcs, etc. which honestly killed my appetite! Add in the timid MC who, despite possessing magic, opts to wuss out of most situation! His character needs further development moving forward and I feel like his abilities could be used much more effectively if he is pushed!

The characters you do enjoy following around is Uncle Fel who is this mythical, ferocious, beastly, gormandizer, overeater glutton of a Fenrir who loves finding and devouring meat above all else! And let’s not forget the star of the show, Sui Pew-Pew who is just too adorable! This little ball of cuteness is not to be underestimated as it will burn you with deadly acid if you are distracted by its sublimeness! On the whole this is a fun anime to watch, different and fresh with its take on the Isekai but just lacks the Gourmet flavor!
The way orcs are portrayed in Western literature like The Lord of the Rings series of novels and films, they essentially look like sometimes larger, stronger, more rough, brutish, and even more grotesque versions of goblins. But the way they're typically portrayed in a lot of Japanese role-playing video games and in this series as well which takes inspiration from the mythos used in those, is effectively like upright bipedal pigs. Basically pig people. So the meat would have a rich porcine taste which I would think wouldn't be unappealing to someone unless they were vegetarian, vegan, a Jew or Muslim observing dietary restrictions, or just specifically didn't like pork.
Apr 29, 2023 11:49 AM

Jan 2023
The goddess of fire is called Agni? Fire Punch reference? 

Fera's wash was hilarious! I look forward to continuing as well as Fer and Sui a new dish! I hope it will.
May 2, 2023 10:47 AM

Jun 2019
L1on777 said:
The goddess of fire is called Agni? Fire Punch reference? 

Fera's wash was hilarious! I look forward to continuing as well as Fer and Sui a new dish! I hope it will.
Agni is a Sanskrit word. More like a Hindu reference. Which probably inspired a lot of the naming conventions and lore around deities and general cosmology in a lot of anime. In India there's even a series of ballistic missiles with the same name.
WatchTillTandavaMay 2, 2023 10:51 AM
May 3, 2023 8:10 PM
Nov 2010
Damn I'm a bit devastated this was the last episode. D:
May 6, 2023 4:27 PM

Oct 2008
The adaptation was much better than the manga, end up enjoying it much more than I prepared for. The meals and cooking in general was much more interesting and juicier to watch than when reading,  it just felt much more fitting in animated format. Still hated the salary man though, his crybaby attitude really got under my skin in the anime as well. Dude is being protected by a legendary undefeated beast and still cries at the slightest sight of danged.
May 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
Although at times bit repetitive, I quite enjoyed this relaxing and wholesome (ignoring Sui and uncle Fel's genocide on the local species) isekai series with the mouth watering food which Mappa did a great job animating.

May 9, 2023 1:37 PM

Jul 2022
thought this was gonna be bad but it's actually pretty good, i was pleasantly surprised
7/10
May 22, 2023 10:56 AM
Jan 2022
God dude this anime is peak
May 23, 2023 4:46 PM
Apr 2023
Nice 10/10 recommended to watch
Jun 8, 2023 12:57 PM
May 2017
I hope the second season will be produced
Jun 8, 2023 2:07 PM

Mar 2020
Such a beautiful anime.
There were no bad episodes, there were no unneccessary plot points, just 3 friends on an adventure having a blast.
Every episode put a smile on my face. It never got old seeing Fenrir react to delicious food.
Just a perfect feelgood anime. I really didn't expect it to keep me interested throughout but even with the seemingly limited
premise it never got boring, not even for a short while.
I really hope for a season 2 where we get to meet the otherworlders and the group from episode 1 again.
My only regret is watching this within 2 days, I should have spaced it out more. 
Easy 9/10 for me.

Jun 15, 2023 10:22 PM
Jun 2023
Sangat menghibur hari
Jun 29, 2023 8:05 AM
Jun 2023
ONE OF THE BEST ISEKAI! THE PLOT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND AMUSING, IT MAKES ME FEELS LIE AN ACTUAL CONTINUEUS ADVENTURE, THE CHARACTER VOICES ARE ALL VERY ACCURRATE TO ITS CHARACTER
Aug 4, 2023 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
The struggle of MC hiding his wealth and gains from his powerful familiars. He settles for the humble green tub, valuing utility over aesthetics.
Onto the next city in this game of Pokémon, the cleaned doggo needs his seafood.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 21, 2023 4:25 AM
Nov 2022
La verdad es que, que no tenga ni romance ni harem es la menor de mis preocupaciones con este anime xD me encanta la atmosfera de este tipo de historias.

Además, mi único deseo es ver mas de sui solamente :D
Espero segunda Temporada.

The truth is that having neither romance nor harem is the least of my worries with this anime xD I love the atmosphere of this type of story.

Also, my only wish is to see more of you only :D
I look forward to the second season.
Sep 6, 2023 12:06 AM
Oct 2022
Que agradable que es Sui
Oct 29, 2023 6:00 PM
Oct 2023
loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oct 29, 2023 6:01 PM
Oct 2023
loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nov 1, 2023 9:56 PM
Feb 2014
The anime Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi season 1 is finished and it is very good. I hope the next season of this anime is better than the previous season of this story series.
Dec 19, 2023 9:00 AM
Jun 2012
That was enjoyable for what it was.

I hope get more interaction with other adventuring parties.

During season two.

As that first episode was fantastic.

Unfortunately things trailed off once we fell into a trio.

Season two still has a lot to adapt. That's clear.

A slow pace is fine in of itself.
Dec 26, 2023 10:18 PM

Feb 2020
Loved this so much all the characters are so cute and adorable, both Fel and Sui 🥺 I'm a culinary student so it was quite a pleasure watching a cooking anime without the sound of moaning anime girls for once and it just being an actual show about cooking (looking at you, food wars, even though I enjoyed that show too lol)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2:49 AM

Jan 2019
I enjoyed this anime, but my only hope is that second season shows growth for MC.

You can't live in a world like that and still be scared of beasts even after doing it for more than a year. I understand getting scared of high tier monsters and since MC is just starting out, I can see why he would be scared of facing such things (not normal in his world).

BUT, if there is a second season, enough time would've been passed for the MC to grow some balls.
Mar 28, 7:54 AM
Apr 2023
It's a fun light-hearted cooking isekai. If you like isekai and seeing yummy looking anime food it's worth a watch. I also really like the characters. There aren't many but most of the characters feel a lot more fleshed out compared to others in its genre. Not the best anime but not bad at all!
Apr 25, 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
I really love the relaxing chill vibe of this show. So glad there's already a sequel coming. Might be time for a new familiar? Or a new human companion perhaps?

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2023

98 by Undertaker21 »»
Today, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2023

115 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Sep 2, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2023

155 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Sep 2, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2023

81 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2023

97 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.