Forum Settings
Forums
New
can anime influence your dark side?
Apr 26, 3:39 AM

Jan 2009
please dont bother excessively argue about pedo stuff here this is a much bigger thread about the immoral, evil, criminal things in anime that can influence or fuel your dark side more

so thoughts? i voted sometimes like maybe for a short time and never influence me to become a criminal like if there is excessive gore or violence that i frequently watch in anime, it stays in fantasy for me sure there are urges but never materializes and the urge only last for short term after finishing an anime like it so how about you?
Apr 26, 3:40 AM

Feb 2020
"can anime influence your dark side?"

Rarely, I guess.
Apr 26, 3:47 AM

Apr 2012
Any kind of idea input can have all sorts of influences on people, including this. It's hard to predict the influences media will have though.
Apr 26, 3:55 AM

Mar 2023
If you are someone who can't tell the differences between reality or fiction then you should spend some years in a psychiatric facility.
Apr 26, 3:57 AM

Feb 2020
Yes possibly, especially with my fascination for panties/pantyshots, heck the main reason why I even watched my first anime was because it had 3 pantyshots on the back cover of the dvd lol.
Media in my country very rarely shows things like that.
Apr 26, 3:59 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Spunkert
If you are someone who can't tell the differences between reality or fiction then you should spend some years in a psychiatric facility.
@Spunkert except those that have dark triad traits are not crazy and can hide and lie about their conditions but still do crimes a lot of times
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

May 2018
"can anime influence your dark side?"

I am dark force acolyte (and huge Asajj Ventress simp) anyway.
Apr 26, 4:05 AM

Nov 2015
If you have a dark side that’s easily influenced then yes it can, along with every other stimulus out there. It’s more of a fertilizer for whatever dark shit an already rotting mind will cultivate/allow to fester.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
Apr 26, 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to cyandaqil
If you have a dark side that’s easily influenced then yes it can, along with every other stimulus out there. It’s more of a fertilizer for whatever dark shit an already rotting mind will cultivate/allow to fester.
@cyandaqil ok so do you think not everyone has a dark side? i thought human nature is duality of good and bad? its just a matter of severity or level difference
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Sep 2016
Anime can always influence my dark side, but they do not always :P
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 26, 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
I have seen teenagers who think they are Johan or Ayanokouji
Apr 26, 6:43 AM

Dec 2015
It depends, probably sometimes as the main dark side of mine is bloodthirst, even tho I dislike violence which involves me directly [excluding sports] and the anime which have some sort of physical fight no matter if it's dirty real fight or any honor/duel/sport fight each of them which involves some sort of influence into my bloodthirst it does satisfy my dark side.
Apr 26, 7:40 AM

Aug 2018
You know how some people say video games cause violence?

I feel the same way about anime.

It doesn't.
Apr 26, 7:56 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to deg
@cyandaqil ok so do you think not everyone has a dark side? i thought human nature is duality of good and bad? its just a matter of severity or level difference
@deg the “severity or level difference” is what I’m referring to when i say “a dark side that’s easily influenced”. Most people watch horror movies and it doesn’t really affect them. Some people, with “rotting minds”, watch horror movies and become obsessed and inspired to commit crimes.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
Apr 26, 8:35 AM

Feb 2016
I often see that happen in chuuni anime.

その目だれの目?
Apr 26, 11:07 AM
Aug 2023
watching anime unleashes my inner demons hehehehe 😈😈😈
Apr 26, 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
No, it doesn't. It's the opposite, I watch anime to calm down my dark side. Watching fucked up shit where characters lose their mind and kill others like Happy Sugar Life or Higurashi calms down my destructive negative urges when I'm in a bad mood and makes me feel at ease.
Apr 26, 11:37 AM

Oct 2010
Ever since I was a little kid I had the urge to get in my robot and kill people for making fun of my girly name, so yeah, it has nothing to do with Zeta
Apr 26, 11:56 AM

Aug 2021
No, my darkness is already infinitely dark.

Apr 26, 11:59 AM

Jul 2016
The entertainment you enjoy reveals who you already are.
Apr 26, 12:07 PM
Feb 2014
Anime itself? No.

The anime fanbase? Yes, it has happened.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Apr 26, 1:27 PM

Nov 2017
No

I am not a person to be influenced by dark stuff in shows. But ı may be influenced by good stuff.
Apr 28, 12:38 PM
Apr 2024
For me, anime is just entertainment, it doesn't affect my dark side in any way. I live an honest life and have no intention of joining criminals, regardless of what I watch.
Apr 28, 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
Yes, Star Wars visions made me into a Sith Lord /s
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 28, 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
Influence? No, never. I don't want to spend my life in prison that would be a true waste of time.

Satisfy? Yes, it pleases me.

Like the memes you might have seen before:
-> Slaughter, you can't spell it without laughter.
-> Violence, if it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.
-> Violence isn't the answer. Violence is the question and the answer is yes.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
Apr 28, 3:39 PM

Oct 2019
I don't really have a dark side when it comes to real life unless you count intrusive thoughts.

But like.... anime doesn't really trigger that, like at all, not even a little.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 28, 4:00 PM
best user ever

May 2022
It always does, I try to keep the power kept away, but whenever I start to watch an anime, my dark side can't control itself, my eyes turn into a dark red and I start to unleash my inner powers, destroying everything in my path to reach my maximum alpha, unleashing all of the pain and anger that had been locked away for so long...

Just kidding, probably rarely or something, I just watch anime casually, like any other form of media, it doesn't really influence me that much.
inspirational quote inspirational quote - karioka
▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

Apr 29, 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
Influence? Nah. Might inform you of some stuff you didn't know about yourself I suppose.
Apr 29, 2:19 AM

Nov 2019
Apr 29, 2:23 AM

May 2021
Reply to removed-user
I have seen teenagers who think they are Johan or Ayanokouji
@Sorachin
You mind elaborating that a bit? Im curious how those people act lol
Apr 29, 2:31 AM

Dec 2016
What? How is the latest SoL or Harem going to have the visceral emotional impact to unleash the Darkside?

Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Pro top. The Darkside is not only more powerful but also easier to use because it is a willing participant, and you are not controlling it.
Apr 29, 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Zimmu
@Sorachin
You mind elaborating that a bit? Im curious how those people act lol
@Zimmu Sorry for the late reply, I was busy. You may not be aware of this because you don't get much exposure through social media, but the point is that there are teenagers who mimic the behaviors of these characters because they want to look cool, badass, etc. I can even show you videos I saw that teach you how to be like Light, Ayanokouji, etc. It's a teenager thing, I understand their thought process; they are similar to those kids who imitate cartoon heroes.
Apr 29, 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to IpreferEcchi
The entertainment you enjoy reveals who you already are.
@IpreferEcchi Yeah, like CGDCT watchers shouldn't be around kids.
Apr 29, 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Only if you're easily influenced by outside media, I guess.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 29, 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
I have a bit of a pervy streak that I feel like anime enables from time to time.
Take care of yourself

Apr 29, 12:09 PM

May 2021
Reply to removed-user
@Zimmu Sorry for the late reply, I was busy. You may not be aware of this because you don't get much exposure through social media, but the point is that there are teenagers who mimic the behaviors of these characters because they want to look cool, badass, etc. I can even show you videos I saw that teach you how to be like Light, Ayanokouji, etc. It's a teenager thing, I understand their thought process; they are similar to those kids who imitate cartoon heroes.
@Sorachin
You may not be aware of this because you don't get much exposure through social media

Yeah I don't follow anything anime related on my social media because I don't want to see braindead people like them

I can even show you videos I saw that teach you how to be like Light, Ayanokouji, etc.

Lol I actually have seen one that teach you how to be like Ayanokoji on my YT feed a while back, but ain't no way I was gonna click on it so thats why Im curious how those ppl tried to imitate him
Apr 29, 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Zimmu
@Sorachin
You may not be aware of this because you don't get much exposure through social media

Yeah I don't follow anything anime related on my social media because I don't want to see braindead people like them

I can even show you videos I saw that teach you how to be like Light, Ayanokouji, etc.

Lol I actually have seen one that teach you how to be like Ayanokoji on my YT feed a while back, but ain't no way I was gonna click on it so thats why Im curious how those ppl tried to imitate him
@Zimmu I literally once had a video like that pop up on my YT feed too. I also don't know in what way they think they will be Ayanokouji, I guess they will do anything stupid like force themselves to talk little, not smile, etc.
May 1, 4:45 AM

Aug 2021
Not really, but after Catching up to the Overlord LN's, I did experience way less empathy, felt more bold and free 🤔
May 1, 5:06 AM
Dec 2021
No, it can’t. I think I don’t even have the kind of dark side you’re referring to. Violence doesn’t interest me and violence in anime is fictional.

More topics from this board

» Do you think secondary rival is more interesting than main rival?

m_alhafidz - 19 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime with least plotholes

JoeChip - Yesterday

23 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

637 by xXCaptainJXx »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you think shoujo/josei romance are usually better than shounen/seinen romance ?

ZXEAN - 2 hours ago

18 by SimplyBrazen »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you guys like any of the 4kids openings

HattoriSoul - Sep 13

14 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.